Thread: "Another senseless and illegal Trump admin. rollback" : Lightbulbs

Lightbulb "Another senseless and illegal Trump admin. rollback" : Lightbulbs

Doom! Eco-Terror! We're ALL gonna die!

DOE's proposed rollback of light bulb standards puts at risk significant household energy savings and reduced emissions, according to ASE. And the group says the implications go even farther.

"This is about so much more than lightbulbs. It's about progress and innovation and making sure we have practical rules in place," ASE President Jason Hartke said in a statement. "I just don't understand the rationale behind trying to turn back the clock."

The department had determined in 2017, based on the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, that seven additional categories of light bulbs should be covered under stricter efficiency standards starting in 2020, including those used in indoor recessed lighting and candelabra fixtures. Exemptions beyond 2020 were maintained for more than a dozen other bulb categories based on sales data, technical features and other criteria, ASE officials said.

They pointed to research from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory that showed about 2.9 billion of the total light bulbs sold in 2015 fall under the new categories to be covered starting in 2020 by the higher efficiency standards. For comparison, ASE noted that about 3.5 billion of the most-common A-series lightbulbs were sold in the same year.

The Natural Resources Defense Council estimated the rollback would almost cut in half the number of bulbs to be covered by 2020 energy-saving rules.

"Aside from the monetary benefits for consumers, the aggregate impact is enormous," Hartke said. "This is one of the most significant energy efficiency standards in U.S. history."

Leaders from the Appliance Standards Awareness Project and the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy issued a joint statement condemning the DOE's proposal.

The rollback "would cost consumers billions of dollars and increase pollution that harms public health and the environment," the groups said. They estimated U.S. electricity use would increase by 80 billion kWh per year, without the new standards.

DOE's draft rule is open for public comment for 60 days and there will likely be a legal battle over the proposed cuts.

"This is another senseless and illegal Trump administration rollback that will needlessly hike our energy bills and spew tons more pollution into the air," Noah Horowitz, director of NRDC's Center for Energy Efficiency Standards, said in a statement.
    https://www.utilitydive.com/news/doe...ers-12/547869/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How is this illegal and the regulations weren't?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    You clearly don't understand what it means to be on the right side of history.

Shush you! We are talking about the end of the world here! Probably in less than 2 years. ( I had to out do AOC. )

There is nothing more poisonous than a fluorescent bulb. Or dangerous. Or the apparatus to use them.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Roll back the ridonkulous Obama era gas can regulations too plz.

https://lfb.org/how-government-wrecked-the-gas-can/

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    There is nothing more poisonous than a fluorescent bulb. Or dangerous. Or the apparatus to use them.
    Pet dogs have caused far more deaths and injuries than fluorescent bulbs.. by a factor of maybe, idk, a million?

So their claim is that this change will force consumers to spend more money on bulbs that they claim are worse? Its funny how they don't point out the obvious that the consumers prefer these other bulbs and are willing to spend THEIR money on them.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ....delete

The new technology is supposed to last forever, I miss my old bulbs,
    I don't leave lights on that aren't needed.
    I might start to worry if my ecological foot print was as large as Al Gore's CO2 output.

I din't mind L.E.D. bulbs. I'm glad manufacturers have made advancements and brought the costs down. There are places in my house that I use them. However, the one exception is on my office desk and beside the bed. Here I use 3-way incandescent bulbs. I can tell the difference when I am reading or running numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I din't mind L.E.D. bulbs. I'm glad manufacturers have made advancements and brought the costs down. There are places in my house that I use them. However, the one exception is on my office desk and beside the bed. Here I use 3-way incandescent bulbs. I can tell the difference when I am reading or running numbers.
    Agreed. Its almost like consumer choice is a good thing. I have LED floodlights in my kitchen and its great, the old incandescent ones burnt out too often and were a pita to change.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 02-13-2019 at 09:02 AM.

Government doesn't really need to do anything but let the market decide.

If it's too costly for the consumer to run an incandescent bulb, the consumer will buy something else.

"This is about so much more than lightbulbs. It's about progress and innovation and making sure we have practical rules in place," ASE President Jason Hartke said in a statement. "I just don't understand the rationale behind trying to turn back the clock."
    Just where in the $#@! did the fedgov gain the power to enact "practical rules" over what type of light bulbs I want in my house?

The same place they got the authority to tell me how much gas my car can burn or how much water my toilet can flush with, I suppose.

That's the issue here.

Pipe down you...why do you hate progress?

"This is another senseless and illegal Trump administration rollback that will needlessly hike our energy bills and spew tons more pollution into the air," Noah Horowitz, director of NRDC's Center for Energy Efficiency Standards, said in a statement.
    No it won't.

Green New Deal has us all off fossil fuels in ten years.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Power costs have doubled since CFL and LED bulbs were introduced. People wouldn't go back to old style bulbs for long, at least not after that first power bill shows up.

Besides, if the small handful of bulb manufacturers only make LED bulbs and retailers only sell LED bulbs, regulations don't matter. The shift already happened.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Agree about the exception- L.E.D. lights have a continual flicker that is not noticeable under average circumstances, but is not particularly good for the eyes or brain. Trying filming something, even with just your cell, and the flicker can be very obvious.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Pet dogs have caused far more deaths and injuries than fluorescent bulbs.. by a factor of maybe, idk, a million?
    Ha ha; our resident ultra progressive Democrat sympathizer with red herrings, apples-to-oranges, and all of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Oh I don't know. I think they're kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    The new technology is supposed to last forever
    Exactly, that's the biggest lie.

"Will last 20 years!"

And they know perfectly well when they invariably burn out in 2 years, no one will notice or call them on it.

Except for me.

But they're great for light sabers.

Both technologies have their place... gimme the choice. Is that so difficult?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post

"Will last 20 years!"

And they know perfectly well when they invariably burn out in 2 years, no one will notice or call them on it.

Except for me.
    Save yer receipt.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post

"Will last 20 years!"

Except for me.
    The battery I my smart Jeep, didn't last two years , AGM magic technology.
    rIgt...........

Those Rough Neck containers from Home Depot, lmao, biodegradable so if
    you store anything important the rats will get if before you need it.
    I had one completely disintegrate, you go to pick it up, its comes apart
    in 10 0r 12 sq in chunks.....devolution, it's called smart, new, green.......

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Ha ha; our resident ultra progressive Democrat sympathizer with red herrings, apples-to-oranges, and all of that.
    You know absolutely nothing about logic, why are you pretending? The claim I responded to was "There is nothing more dangerous than a fluorescent bulb." Did I not refute that idiotic claim?
    Last edited by Influenza; 02-13-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Did I not refute that idiotic claim?
    No.

1. You didn't even get her quote right.
    2. You were comparing different words (see point one).

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    No.

1. You didn't even get her quote right.
    2. You were comparing different words (see point one).
    You are pitifully incapable of understanding the english language, a real shame given it's obviously the only language you know

"There is nothing more poisonous than a fluorescent bulb. Or dangerous. Or the apparatus to use them."

What can we determine to be euphemia's opinion based on this statement?
    1. There is nothing more poisonous than a fluorescent bulb. - Even if a fluorescent bulb was pure mercury, it would not be the most poisonous substance https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/spl/
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...00006153422405 This woman survived injecting 135g of mercury into her bloodstream. There are about 4 mg of mercury in a bulb. If you aren't eating fluorescent bulbs for breakfast, I'm sure you will be just fine.
    2. There is nothing more dangerous than a fluorescent bulb. - I already addressed how retarded this is. The broken glass is more of a danger than the mercury inside of it
    3. The apparatus to use them is also extremely dangerous. (euphemia has trouble changing lightbulbs??)

You are pitifully incapable of understanding the english language,...
    That's funny coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between poison, death, danger, and injuries. You might want to first define those words before illogically comparing them.

.... a real shame given it's obviously the only language you know

You also might want to work on some basic facts.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 02-14-2019 at 04:37 PM.

What can we determine....

Yes, what can we determine? You are an ultra progressive here, so what is your opinion of light bulb and other utility type regulation? What is your opinion of the article?