Thread: Most Illegals Draw Welfare , and Burden US to the Tune of 134 billion / year

Most Illegals Draw Welfare , and Burden US to the Tune of 134 billion / year

Most of you probably knew this before I did.
    -
    -I post this on account that we have a resident troll continually
    trying to convince us that they don't collect welfare.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...-billion-year/
    -
    -
    ''Illegal immigration costs American taxpayers a mind-boggling $134.9 billion annually, according to a detailed analysis of federal, state and local programs that include education, medical, law enforcement and welfare. Conducted by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), a Washington D.C. nonprofit dedicated to studying immigration issues, the in-depth probe reveals that state and local taxpayers get stuck with an overwhelming chunk—$116 billion—of the burden. State and local expenditures for services provided to illegal aliens total $88.9 billion and federal expenditures $45.8 billion, the analysis found. For those who claim illegal immigrants contribute by paying taxes, government figures show that only $19 billion was recouped by Uncle Sam.
    “A continually growing population of illegal aliens, along with the federal government’s ineffective efforts to secure our borders, present significant national security and public safety threats to the United States,” the FAIR report states. “They also have a severely negative impact on the nation’s taxpayers at the local, state, and national levels. Illegal immigration costs Americans billions of dollars each year. Illegal aliens are net consumers of taxpayer-funded services and the limited taxes paid by some segments of the illegal alien population are, in no way, significant enough to offset the growing financial burdens imposed on U.S. taxpayers by massive numbers of uninvited guests.” This defies a myth, long promoted by influential open border groups, that illegal aliens pay their fair share of taxes.....''
    More at link above /\
    -
    -
    https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...llect-welfare/
    -
    -
    Surprise, surprise; Census Bureau data reveals that most U.S. families headed by illegal immigrants use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born anchor babies.Even before the recession, immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, according to the extensive census data collected and analyzed by a nonpartisanWashington D.C. group dedicated to researching legal and illegal immigration in the U.S. The results, published this month in a lengthy report, are hardly surprising.Basically, the majority of households across the country benefitting from publicly-funded welfare programs are headed by immigrants, both legal and illegal. States where immigrant households with children have the highest welfare use rates are Arizona (62%), Texas, California and New York with 61% each and Pennsylvania(59%).The study focused on eight major welfare programs that cost the government $517 billion the year they were examined. They include Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for the disabled, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), a nutritional program known as Women, Infants and Children (WIC), food stamps, free/reduced school lunch, public housing and health insurance for the poor (Medicaid).Food assistance and Medicaid are the programs most commonly used by illegal immigrants, mainly on behalf of their American-born children who get automatic citizenship. On the other hand, legal immigrant households take advantage of every available welfare program, according to the study, which attributes it to low education level and resulting low income.The highest rate of welfare recipients come from the Dominican Republic (82 %), Mexico and Guatemala (75%) and Ecuador (70%), according to the report, which says welfare use tends to be high for both new arrivals and established residents.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Once again. The problem isn't who is getting the welfare; it's that it exists at all.

Like a good little student, you're pointing your government-skooled fingers at the wrong people.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Once again. The problem isn't who is getting the welfare; it's that it exists at all.

Like a good little student, you're pointing your government-skooled fingers at the wrong people.
    I think 90 97% of the forum would like to see welfare gone, that would include myself,
    and no, I'm not barking.

IOU a rep, capt'n
    And besides, even if this is true, does it never occur to any of you that this might have something to do with not being hireable for most of the jobs here?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I think 90 97% of the forum would like to see welfare gone, that would include myself,
    and no, I'm not barking.
    Then why play the division game??? You're blaming the wrong villains. On purpose?? Or just because that's what your government wants you to do and you don't have enough free will to know better??
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    and no, I'm not barking.

There is a gigantic, humongous gulf between "would like to see" and "are committed to make happen." The former is a mere wish. The latter is a goal one is committed to achieving. If all you've got is "would like to see," you're useless. I don't give a $#@! about what you "would like to see." I am, however, acutely interested in what you're committed to make happen. Now you've got something useful, and powerful.

Unfortunately, RPFs seems to have degenerated into a state of not being commited to much of anything save wallowing in defeatist self-pity and perpetual victimhood over what the "left" has done, is doing and/or wants/intends to do to "us," rather than any definite goals.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Then why play the division game??? You're blaming the wrong villains. On purpose?? Or just because that's what your government wants you to do and you don't have enough free will to know better??
    I spoke too soon , that damn troll button is er' stuckt'

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    There is a gigantic, humongous gulf between "would like to see" and "are committed to make happen." The former is a mere wish. The latter is a goal one is committed to achieving. If all you've got is "would like to see," you're useless. I don't give a $#@! about what you "would like to see." I am, however, acutely interested in what you're committed to make happen. Now you've got something useful, and powerful.

Unfortunately, RPFs seems to have degenerated into a state of not being commited to much of anything save wallowing in defeatist self-pity and perpetual victimhood over what the "left" has done, is doing and/or wants/intends to do to "us," rather than any definite goals.
    What have you done to make a difference here?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who are the villians? The people are just doing their roles. This was all shown with the Stanford prison experiment and extermination of minorities and disabled and gays during WW2 that psychopaths and people who are tribalistic are capable of acts of evil on behalf of a greater good. Tbe word good is really corrupted it's been coopted by the devil.

How hard is this to understand?

You want open immigration? Well, I guess you want a higher concentration of welfare recipients in our country, guaranteed, and you want more people who will vote for more welfare at double the rate of our current population..

Nothing to do with race, these are just cold hard facts.

So how is open immigration ever going to lead to getting rid of the welfare state? It seems it will have the opposite effect.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

You want open immigration? Well, I guess you want a higher concentration of welfare recipients in our country, guaranteed, and you want more people who will vote for more welfare at double the rate of our current population..

Nothing to do with race, these are just cold hard facts.

So how is open immigration ever going to lead to getting rid of the welfare state? It seems it will have the opposite effect.
    I like how people pretend they are ever going to have a govt that gets rid of the welfare state . Ludicrous .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I like how people pretend they are ever going to have a govt that gets rid of the welfare state . Ludicrous .
    It's sort of like a snake eating its own tail. Maybe the only way to escape is to coyote ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Is this the face of Pew Research Center?
    Impressive
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Is this the face of Pew Research Center?
    Impressive
    Nah, more like this stinky cheese face

Last edited by dannno; 02-12-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Name a current politician that supports abolishing welfare for everyone? You can't. Accepting reality is not "defeatist self-pity". The definite goals should be reducing the number of people on welfare, and not allowing more people to come to the US that support welfare or will be dependent on welfare.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

I disagree because I think both are important. The problem is absolutely that welfare exists at all. In addition, since the reality is that welfare does exist, I would much rather see it limited to American citizens than providing it to the whole globe.

Dropping welfare to Palestinians would be great. Dropping welfare to Israelis would be great. Dropping welfare to Mexicans would be great.

Less welfare overall is a good goal. Drawing the line at American citizens is a good demarcation point that is certainly more attainable than eliminating welfare completely. As libertarians we can argue for getting rid of all welfare, but we both know neither the Democrat nor the Republican party will go for that.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    And in the meantime we should keep importing more people that are even more opposed to the concept than the people already here, that'll git er done!

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Name a current politician that supports abolishing welfare for everyone? You can't. Accepting reality is not "defeatist self-pity". The definite goals should be reducing the number of people on welfare, and not allowing more people to come to the US that support welfare or will be dependent on welfare.
    Dont you think that you shouldn't let "reality" get in the way of a good idea?

If you are against welfare, then the answer is clearly welfare for everybody, until welfare is eliminated.

Those who use it vote to keep it, they are exactly the right people.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    IOU a rep, capt'n
    And besides, even if this is true, does it never occur to any of you that this might have something to do with not being hireable for most of the jobs here?
    LOL

They have plenty of jobs, they work them under the table and then apply for welfare including welfare that they get with stolen identities that is credited to Americans.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    We didn't get here all at once and we can't go back all at once, meanwhile we will only go farther if we allow millions of people who come here for the free stuff to keep coming.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

They have plenty of jobs, they work them under the table and then apply for welfare including welfare that they get with stolen identities that is credited to Americans.
    When SS says, “they” he must be referring to the preferred pronoun of the transgender sex slave he’s got bound up in his moms basement. Either that or he’s got no concept of individual people.

RPF can decide which it is.

When SS says, “they” he must be referring to the preferred pronoun of the transgender sex slave he’s got bound up in his moms basement. Either that or he’s got no concept of individual people.

LOL

You can't discuss reality without discussing groups so you try to ban it because you can't win the argument and then you throw in the vile insults just to prove you can't win on the merits of your position.

You are pathetic.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Let me try that troll button just one more dang' time....

I have enough free will to know everything you write is complete garbage.

You are against government. Your solution is to get rid of government.
    Anybody who points out there is no such thing as no government, must be pro government.

Anybody who doesn't agree with you, must not have free will.

I am against rape. My solution is to get rid of rape.
    Anybody who points out that you can not just get rid of rape, is pro-rape.

If someone does not respect you, they will have no problem stealing from you. It's a basic rule of life.
    Last edited by RJB; 02-12-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    If someone does not respect you, they will have no problem stealing from you. It's a basic rules of life.
    Fact.