Thread: America Needs a Reset Button; Restore Default Settings (?)

America Needs a Reset Button; Restore Default Settings (?)

Our Constitution has Been Trampled and distorted beyond recognition,
    do we need a reset button for it?

What if any changes , clarifications, would you make....

Personal observation;
    An argument is made that we are in a different age,
    technology has changed our environment exponentially,
    we are entering/in a surveillance state, a dossier state,
    a state where thoughts and speech are considered crimes.
    Our thoughts and political views have become reasons to
    refuse goods and services;
    food, shelter, banking etc, every citizen is a suspect
    before any crime has been committed of even 'planned' /
    'envisioned'.
    Political Parties and govt bodies have the ability to;
    -Discredit anyone
    -Indict and incarcerate anyone
    Merely by audio/video/social media monitoring and archiving
    of everything we do and say 24/7, cradle to grave.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    America Needs a Reset Button; Restore Default Settings (?)
    Unplug it and plug it back in. If that doesn't work, kick it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Chester Copperpot

Ive been saying this for years.... The Constitution needs a reboot

I'd clarify that the first ten amendments are, henceforth, un-amendable being,
    "designed to approach immortality as nearly as human institutions can approach it."
    Also I'd like to see some criminal defense attorneys on the Supreme Court, and I'd have language that dilutes the unilateral power of that court to interpret legislation based upon expedience--applying strict or broad interpretations as is convenient for the purpose of the judges, because such a technique could never serve the purpose of a 'court'.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Unplug it and plug it back in. If that doesn't work, kick it.
    I'm going to need a bigger boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post

Personal observation;
    'envisioned'.
    -Discredit anyone
    WE NEED TO GO BACK TO THE ARTICLES OF CONFEDERATION.

The CONstitution was a Hamiltonian coup to install a strong central government- it has worked very well.
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Personal observation;
    'envisioned'.
    -Discredit anyone
    So true.

Whenever I say that we should go back to the open-borders policies we had up until progressives started implementing their immigration restrictions around the beginning of the 20th century, people want to give me all this crap about how the world isn't like that any more, bla bla bla.

Constitutional "sunset" amendment mandating a sunset clause on all law, with exception to the constitution itself.

Excluding the constitution, and its amendments, no law shall stand for a period greater than 5 years. After which, the congress will have to re-pass any law that has expired.

The "reset" is baked in, and will keep congress critters occupied with passing laws that count. It will also force elected officials to show their cards, while depleting excess political capital. Maybe the expiration could be 10 years? Regardless, there needs to be some turning of the soil, and these critters should be kept busy with important matters. If they cant manage, then the government has become too big to manage - i.e. they're making too many laws.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Constitutional "sunset" amendment mandating a sunset clause on all law, with exception to the constitution itself.

Excluding the constitution, and its amendments, no law shall stand for a period greater than 5 years. After which, the congress will have to re-pass any law that has expired.

The "reset" is baked in, and will keep congress critters occupied with passing laws that count. It will also force elected officials to show their cards, while depleting excess political capital. Maybe the expiration could be 10 years? Regardless, there needs to be some turning of the soil, and these critters should be kept busy with important matters. If they cant manage, then the government has become too big to manage - i.e. they're making too many laws.
    Not a bad idea.
    I also think we should explore a referendum for -------- well probably everything,
    a veto power of the people if you will, the pres can veto things , we should
    be able to as well , particularly in todays environment where
    Congress is passing laws to hang us all for spitting.
    Last edited by Stratovarious; 02-13-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    So true.

Whenever I say that we should go back to the open-borders policies we had up until progressives started implementing their immigration restrictions around the beginning of the 20th century, people want to give me all this crap about how the world isn't like that any more, bla bla bla.
    It was bad policy back then and it had a lot to do with causing our current mess.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

There is a reset button. It's located in the second sentence of the second paragraph within the Declaration of Independence. Should/if/When enough people find the courage to do what is suggested there, it would clean the slate, after which we could try the original idea again or create something even better.

Quote Originally Posted by mt4rp View Post
    There is a reset button. It's located in the second sentence of the second paragraph within the Declaration of Independence. Should/if/When enough people find the courage to do what is suggested there, it would clean the slate, after which we could try the original idea again or create something even better.
    So doing the same thing over and expecting different results?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    WE NEED TO GO BACK TO THE ARTICLES OF CONFEDERATION.

The CONstitution was a Hamiltonian coup to install a strong central government- it has worked very well.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ender again.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    So doing the same thing over and expecting different results?
    Well my preference would be create something better, say a voluntaryist/anarchist self governing society

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well my preference would be create something better, say a voluntaryist/anarchist self governing society
    I agree with that.

I don't have high hopes for what would result from any violent overthrowing of a government though.

I don't have high hopes for what would result from any violent overthrowing of a government though.[/QUOTE]

And I agree with you. Having said that, without the consent (support) of the people government has no legitimacy to exist. Considering only around 56% of eligible voters did so.of which about half picked the president (63 million) Shouldn't we be asking ourselves why 44% of the people found not enough value in government that they wouldn't invest a couple of hours to pull a lever? What if it isn't because of apathy but out of disgust? Why doesn't this group (us non consenters) have a platform from which to be heard?

How far we have strayed.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Personal observation;
    'envisioned'.
    -Discredit anyone
    The WORLD needs a reset event.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    How far we have strayed.
    Oh, I would say about 10% of the way the Constutition allows us to, or less.

Here are some ideas to consider:

No branch of the government may create an agency or entity, public or private, that is not expressly authorized and defined by the Constitution.

No personnel, paid or unpaid, of the government, government contractors or entities receiving direct or indirect funding from the government may set foot on any foreign soil for the purposes of hostilities or actions preparing for hostilities except as authorized by a Declaration of War by Congress.

No person or entity which has received funding, favors or contracts from the government within the previous 5 years is allowed to contribute to any elective office campaign.

No government employee may accept a position in any private entity that has accepted funding, favors or contracts from the government in the previous 5 years for a period of 10 years after leaving government office.

Every agency and office of the government, and every entity or person that has received funding, favors or contracts from the government, shall be independently audited every 4 years, and the results of these forensic audits are to be made public on the day of their issuance.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't have high hopes for what would result from any violent overthrowing of a government though.
    And I agree with you. Having said that, without the consent (support) of the people government has no legitimacy to exist. Considering only around 56% of eligible voters did so.of which about half picked the president (63 million) Shouldn't we be asking ourselves why 44% of the people found not enough value in government that they wouldn't invest a couple of hours to pull a lever? What if it isn't because of apathy but out of disgust? Why doesn't this group (us non consenters) have a platform from which to be heard?[/QUOTE]

Anarchy tends to work like a vacuum. As soon as power is removed, it sucks someone new into power to grab the existing reigns. Sometimes that means the replacement is worse than what was originally there.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Anarchy tends to work like a vacuum. As soon as power is removed, it sucks someone new into power to grab the existing reigns. Sometimes that means the replacement is worse than what was originally there.[/QUOTE]

This very well maybe true, but this government long ago crossed my line in the sand so I'd prefer to dance with a devil I don't know over the one I do.
    Last edited by mt4rp; 03-13-2019 at 01:33 PM. Reason: added one to many "be"s

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.