Thread: No word from Haiti's president as fear paralyzes capital

No word from Haiti's president as fear paralyzes capital

Sporadic gunfire echoed through the streets of Port-au-Prince on Monday as the government remained silent in the face of protests that have paralyzed the Haitian capital and triggered rising violence.The normally traffic-clogged streets were largely empty as schools, shops and municipal offices were shuttered for fear of more violence that has already left several people dead and an air of uncertainty hanging over the government of President Jovenel Moise.
    Barricades have sprung up in some areas of the capital and other cities, as protesters have taken to the streets demanding the president step down over reports of mismanagement and possible embezzlement of development funds in the impoverished Caribbean nation.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/no-word-haiti...180719400.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CIAs been busy there too.

Anti-vaxxers, responsible for a 30 percent uptick in totally preventable diseases in the world, have blood on their hands. They shouldn't be considered civilized members of society. If they refuse to listen to a century of scientific studies confirming time and time again that vaccination is an unquestionable good for humanity, then it's time for us to start treating anti-vaxxers as what they are: dangerous and worthy of shame and condemnation. If we can't convince anti-vaxxers to change their minds, we must attach enough social stigma to the delusion that agnostics cease to join them.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The Clintons have had a lot to do with Haiti............................

But they were a mess before that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Since you mentioned it. It certainly possible, they have had a history in that country promoting coups, running drugs, you name it....

The Boys From the Company

Meanwhile, the CIA was openly running a full-scale disinformation campaign against Aristide. Ultra-conservative North Carolina Senator Jesse Helms, a leading opponent of Aristide, brought CIA analyst Brian Latell to Capitol Hill in October, to brief selected senators and representatives on allegations that Aristide had been treated for mental illness. It turned out that the time during which the CIA report alleges Aristide was treated at a Canadian hospital falls within the same period that Aristide was studying and teaching in Israel. Latell also said he saw no evidence of oppressive rule in Haiti.

While Helms was a long-time backer of the brutal dictatorship of Jean Claude Duvalier, the Democrats have their own ties to the human rights violators and drug dealers who rule Haiti.

Former Democratic party head and current secretary of commerce Ron Brown headed a law firm that represented the Duvalier family for decades. Part of that representation was a public relations campaign that stressed Duvalierís opposition to communism in the cold war. United States support for Duvalier was worth more than $400 million in aid to the country, before the man who called himself Haitiís President-for-Life was forced from the country.

Even Duvalierís exit from Haiti, in February 1986, is shrouded in covert intrigue and remains an unexplored facet of the career of Lt. Col. Oliver North. Shortly after Duvalierís ouster, North was quoted as saying he had brought an end to Haitiís nightmare, a cryptic statement that was never publicly perused by the Iran-Contra hearings.
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/haitis...ection/5324698

Btw, didn't even think of it until u mentioned it but google CIA and Haiti and you will get a lot of hits on the search. Those guys are nation destroyers. Truth be told, I wouldn't want any person working for them in my country.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

protesters have taken to the streets demanding the president step down over reports of mismanagement and possible embezzlement of development funds in the impoverished Caribbean nation.
    Hey, too bad. He's a democratically elected leader. They can vote him out if they do not like the things he is doing.

And the USA has been trying to bring Haiti down for over 200 years. Hurrah for the strong Haitians willing to kill each other in order to stave off the prosperous capitalist pigs .

Anti-vaxxers, responsible for a 30 percent uptick in totally preventable diseases in the world, have blood on their hands. They shouldn't be considered civilized members of society. If they refuse to listen to a century of scientific studies confirming time and time again that vaccination is an unquestionable good for humanity, then it's time for us to start treating anti-vaxxers as what they are: dangerous and worthy of shame and condemnation. If we can't convince anti-vaxxers to change their minds, we must attach enough social stigma to the delusion that agnostics cease to join them.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

Btw, didn't even think of it until u mentioned it but google CIA and Haiti and you will get a lot of hits on the search. Those guys are nation destroyers. Truth be told, I wouldn't want any person working for them in my country.
    A - You do not have a country

B - Good luck with that.

A - You do not have a country

B - Good luck with that.
    C - Any country has to deal with hostile forces attempting to subvert it, if it fails spectacularly that indicates a problem with the country.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Haiti continues to be gripped by civil unrest and mass protests demanding that President Jovenal Moise step down over charges of corruption and and rampant inflation under his watch yet unlike similar unrest happening hundreds of miles due south of the small Caribbean country in Venezuela, Washington has stood in support of the president. Starting Thursday the US State Department urged all American citizens out of the country and issued a no-not-travel advisory due to "crime and civil unrest".
    And national security adviser John Bolton followed with a statement on Saturday for all sides in Haiti to "respect and protect their democracy" a bit ironic considering he spent the rest of the day tweeting regime change related messages targeting Venezuela's Maduro. He revealed in the tweet that he met with Haitian Foreign Minister on Friday "to express the United States’ enduring support for and friendship with Haiti." He further urged "all of Haiti’s political actors to respect and protect their democracy, engage in dialogue, and put an end to the political violence."

In its prior travel ban the State Dept. described a rapidly deteriorating situation ofProtests, tire burning, and road blockages are frequent and unpredictable. Violent crime, such as armed robbery, is common,” and said further that “Emergency response, including ambulance service, is limited or non-existent.” An update told all U.S. citizens who remained in Haiti “to strongly consider departing as soon as they safely can do so” and warned of encountering potential roadblocks or hazardous checkpoints.
    “Travelers are sometimes targeted, followed and violently attacked and robbed shortly after leaving the Port-au-Prince international airport,” the State Department said.
    I met with Haitian Foreign Minister @BocchitEdmond yesterday to express the United States’ enduring support for and friendship with Haiti. We urge all of Haiti’s political actors to respect and protect their democracy, engage in dialogue, and put an end to the political violence.
    — John Bolton (@AmbJohnBolton) February 16, 2019
    According to CNN one group of 24 missionaries from Canada have become trapped in a town about 30 miles outside of the capital of Port-au-Prince, unable to navigate the blocked roads into the capital.
    CNN also describes clashes that have left an unknown number of Hatians dead:
    Several people have been killed in the clashes, according to local media reports. CNN has not been able independently to confirm the exact number of those killed.
    In the Port-au-Prince neighborhoods of Nazon and Turgeau, scores of people stood in lines Saturday desperate for the basics of life: water, gas and food.
    Crowds, about 100 strong in spots, dotted the roadways, waiting with 5-gallon plastic buckets, and gas stations were mobbed.
    The evacuation orders amidst the unrest, which have been issued by other governments such as Canada, are sure to make things further difficult for the county's economic woes, as tourism makes up about 5% of GDP.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...s-coup-efforts

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment