Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gallup: Five Million Latin Americans Coming to U.S. in Next 12 Months

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Made peace with what, specifically?
    He has accepted tyranny and even death and now he wants to make the rest of us surrender as well.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    There's already fences and obstructions wherever feasible. It's not like the border is wide open and I question why people keep talking like it is. But even a new wall doesn't address the situation of those already here.
    No liberty minded man or woman could seriously consider advocating for mass round-ups or federal dragnet checkpoints since, as I pointed out, history clearly warns why that ends badly. Especially since the issue has been engineered from the beginning for this outcome by the same people that are now offering such solutions.
    There are places where it is wide open and the rest of the border should have increased patrols.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    "Here" is our national territory and you are not sole owner of that.
    Neither is anyone else the sole owner of it. But we are the sole owners of our own properties and have the sole right to welcome others on them or not.

Each individual has a say over their property and nobody else's.

And since they don't have a say over other peoples' properties, they also can't delegate to the government to have a say over them either, since that would be delegating an authority that isn't theirs to delegate.

There are places where it is wide open and the rest of the border should have increased patrols.
    Yes, on steep mountains, deserted deserts where nobody goes. Costs of building outweigh the benefits. There are over 650 miles of barriers. Because you can doesn't mean you should or need to. It would also require seizing hundreds of miles of private property.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

No liberty minded man or woman could seriously consider advocating for mass round-ups or federal dragnet checkpoints since, as I pointed out, history clearly warns why that ends badly.
    Immigration restrictionists are totally fine with a police state. It's impossible to be serious about immigration restriction without requiring that every single person within the nation's borders be able to prove they have the government's permission to be here, and to impose limitations on their basic rights, like getting jobs, for failure to do so. Things like a border wall are meaningless little bandaids that couldn't possibly accomplish much. The only real meaningful tools they'll ever have will always be the ones that involve the control of all people within the country, not just at the border. Many of these people also consider themselves liberty minded, and nothing we say can convince them they aren't.

They are in a bizarro world where everything is the exact opposite of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Yes, on steep mountains, deserted deserts where nobody goes. Costs of building outweigh the benefits. There are over 650 miles of barriers. Because you can doesn't mean you should or need to. It would also require seizing hundreds of miles of private property.
    There are places that are not steep mountains or deserted deserts that are wide open and people do go across the steep mountains and deserted deserts.

If we don't build more walls then we need more patrols and we need more patrols even if we do build a wall.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Neither is anyone else the sole owner of it. But we are the sole owners of our own properties and have the sole right to welcome others on them or not.

Each individual has a say over their property and nobody else's.

And since they don't have a say over other peoples' properties, they also can't delegate to the government to have a say over them either, since that would be delegating an authority that isn't theirs to delegate.
    As a group we do own the national territory and we have a right to control who enters it for the purpose of defending our rights from those who would violate them even more than our fellow Americans do.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The areas where there are no barriers is because it is either not feasible to build there or is already very difficult terrain for someone to cross in the first place (though both are related, obviously). Face the fact that it is not possible to effectively monitor a 2000 mile border with patrols. It is not acceptable to perform mass round-ups or federal checkpoints.

I'm sure once they officially float all the biometric ID big brother junk as a "solution" to stop immigration you will be right here cheerleading it, though. To use immigration scare tactics as the means to get people who would otherwise recoil at such things to accept the next big jump in police state tech and expanded Papers Please checkpoints. Like i said, the same ones that engineered the migration in the first place are the same ones setting us up to offer their solution.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

Immigration restrictionists are totally fine with a police state. It's impossible to be serious about immigration restriction without requiring that every single person within the nation's borders be able to prove they have the government's permission to be here, and to impose limitations on their basic rights, like getting jobs, for failure to do so. Things like a border wall are meaningless little bandaids that couldn't possibly accomplish much. The only real meaningful tools they'll ever have will always be the ones that involve the control of all people within the country, not just at the border. Many of these people also consider themselves liberty minded, and nothing we say can convince them they aren't.

They are in a bizarro world where everything is the exact opposite of reality.
    You don't need a police state if you properly control the border and immigration before there is a massive invasion, we can go back to that when we have expelled the 20+ Million invaders.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The areas where there are no barriers is because it is either not feasible to build there or is already very difficult terrain for someone to cross in the first place (though both are related, obviously). Face the fact that it is not possible to effectively monitor a 2000 mile border with patrols. It is not acceptable to perform mass round-ups or federal checkpoints.

I'm sure once they officially float all the biometric ID big brother junk as a "solution" to stop immigration you will be right here cheerleading it, though. To use immigration scare tactics as the means to get people who would otherwise recoil at such things to accept the next big jump in police state tech and expanded Papers Please checkpoints. Like i said, the same ones that engineered the migration in the first place are the same ones setting us up to offer their solution.
    It is quite possible to control any size border with patrols and I will not support biometrics etc. but we must stop and reverse the invasion or we will have a communist police state because the invaders will vote for people who will implement it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

As a group we do own the national territory and we have a right to control who enters it for the purpose of defending our rights from those who would violate them even more than our fellow Americans do.
    This is false.

No group can own any more than what the individuals who comprise the group own. And those individuals can only delegate such authority to the larger group as they as individuals already have.

Forming groups doesn't create some double-standard where what would be wrong for the individuals in the group somehow becomes not wrong for the group as a whole.

If you want to restrict me from your property, you may. And if some of your neighbors do too, they may as well. And you and those neighbors can form a group and collectively restrict me from all of your properties. But this right of yours and your neighbors only applies to the properties that you and they own. If you have other neighbors who don't choose to go along with you and your group in this and who want to welcome me onto their property, then you have no right to stop them, and neither does the group you belong to, since that other neighbor's property doesn't belong to anyone in your group.

And despite what AF and the mushroom cloud guy may think, this even remains the case if my proximity near their property causes its resale price to plummet due to my smelling different, talking different, looking different, etc.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 02-11-2019 at 02:51 PM.

You don't need a police state if you properly control the border and immigration before there is a massive invasion, we can go back to that when we have expelled the 20+ Million invaders.*
    Yes. The police state must be limited to the first 500 miles within the borders. But until we can "go back to that", we need to give them more power! Makes sense.

*More division brought to you by your State-sponsored troll.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

It is quite possible to control any size border with patrols and I will not support biometrics etc. but we must stop and reverse the invasion or we will have a communist police state because the invaders will vote for people who will implement it.
    Irony- Calling for a bigger police state to prevent a bigger police state.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

This is false.

No group can own any more than what the individuals who comprise the group own. And those individuals can only delegate such authority to the larger group as they as individuals already have.

Forming groups doesn't create some double-standard where what would be wrong for the individuals in the group somehow becomes not wrong for the group as a whole.

If you want to restrict me from your property, you may. And if some of your neighbors to, they may as well. And you and those neighbors can form a group and collectively restrict me from all of your properties. But this right of yours and your neighbors only applies to the properties that you and they own. If you have other neighbors who want to welcome me onto their property, then you have no right to stop them, and neither does the group you belong to, since that other neighbor's property doesn't belong to anyone in your group.
    Nonsense, your drivel would only be true in a world where everyone was an anarchist, as things are the foreigners will impose government on us and we have a right to keep them out of our area in order to determine for ourselves what kind of government we will have.

Let me know when you have converted the rest of the world to AnCapism and we can talk but we will end up back here anyway because the private law enforcement agencies will evolve into tyrannical territorial governments.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quoted for posterity.

Could we try to compete in the marketplace of ideas instead of alienating immigrants more each day by calling them invaders and rapists? Naaa, screw that pussified stuff, right? Let's just go all gestapo on 'em and let god sort 'em out.

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Have you heard of fighting fire with fire?

Sometimes a little bit of something can be used to prevent a lot of the same thing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quoted for posterity.

Could we try to compete in the marketplace of ideas instead of alienating immigrants more each day by calling them invaders and rapists? Naaa, screw that pussified stuff, right? Let's just go all gestapo on 'em and let god sort 'em out.
    They are invaders and they will not convert to libertarianism faster than they arrive, you must actually want the communist dictatorship that they are already helping to build.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    How was the recent Antifa rally comrade?

"No borders, no wall, no USA at all!"
    Spud, witf are you talking abut' ?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yes. The police state must be limited to the first 500 miles within the borders. But until we can "go back to that", we need to give them more power! Makes sense.

*More division brought to you by your State-sponsored troll.
    We are in the midst of a war, it is being waged with creative tactics but it is still a war, MILLIONS of foreigners are coming here and changing our government to suit them.

When the war is over we can stop fighting it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Have you heard of fighting fire with fire?

Sometimes a little bit of something can be used to prevent a lot of the same thing.
    Heard it. Need new material.

Anybody seen a free market around here lately?

They are invaders and they will not convert to libertarianism faster than they arrive, you must actually want the communist dictatorship that they are already helping to build.
    Still pushing this bs narrative that immigrants are commies even though you've been set straight on it repeatedly? This is how I know you're a shill, among other ways, no matter how many times you're factually proven wrong you ignore it entirely and never adapt or evolve from the same wrong talking points. The fact is, immigrants come here and are only courted by the left. Who do you realistically expect them to then support? Those that court them or those that call them invaders? Most of the immigrants I've seen (and yes there are a good many in Charlotte) are hard workers and business owners...not the stuff of "commie lore".
    Last edited by devil21; 02-11-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Ah yes... If you want to treat people like people, you are a traitor to your homeland.

Nice propaganda there, SS. You should make posters.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

We are in the midst of a war, it is being waged with creative tactics but it is still a war, MILLIONS of foreigners are coming here and changing our government to suit them.

When the war is over we can stop fighting it.
    Nobody here wants your endless wars, Orwell. Your divisive propaganda game has run its course.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Heard it. Need new material.

Anybody seen a free market around here lately?
    That is entirely different, they were the only ones attacking the free market, they weren't fighting fire with fire, they were starting fires.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We had INS before ICE, somebody needs to enforce immigration law inside the country, visa overstays can't be stopped at the border, we can discuss reducing ICE/INS when we have deported most of the 20+ Million invaders.
    Right! INS, you're spot on, I forget my alphabet agencies, we have border patrol we have INS, we have the coast guard,
    the Military , right?
    So the Federal Government decides that we need 10 more and varied fed agencies to take care of
    the same problem , we have a problem here.......
    If I remember right, they stopped the police in lots of areas from turning in illegals, we keep
    digging a deeper whole and refuse to enforce existing laws with existing agencies.

Ah yes... If you want to treat people like people, you are a traitor to your homeland.

Nice propaganda there, SS. You should make posters.
    I am treating them like people, people who want to impose tyranny on my country.

And you are a traitor and so is every other open borders advocate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nobody here wants your endless wars, Orwell. Your divisive propaganda game has run its course.
    I don't want this war either but I can't be rid of it just by wishing it away, 20+ MILLION invaders have entered our country and are altering our government to suit them.

You advocate surrender even though what they are imposing is the worst form of tyranny known to man, you are a traitor.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Right! INS, you're spot on, I forget my alphabet agencies, we have border patrol we have INS, we have the coast guard,
    the Military , right?
    So the Federal Government decides that we need 10 more and varied fed agencies to take care of
    the same problem , we have a problem here.......
    If I remember right, they stopped the police in lots of areas from turning in illegals, we keep
    digging a deeper whole and refuse to enforce existing laws with existing agencies.
    INS doesn't exist anymore, ICE replaced it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Baloney.

The "communist dictatorship" was fully implemented with the "Civil" War- has nothing to do with your continual hate strategy.
    There is no spoon.

How does protecting our borders equate to a police state?

That is entirely different, they were the only ones attacking the free market, they weren't fighting fire with fire, they were starting fires.
    Wise up and apply exactly what happened with the financial "crisis" to the immigration "crisis" and then suddenly you'll see the pattern. If someone still can't see the pattern then they probably should stop commenting on anything more advanced that Kim and Kanye.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast