Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 402

Thread: Gallup: Five Million Latin Americans Coming to U.S. in Next 12 Months

  1. #331
    SS is a modern day Paul Revere, but instead of a horse he rides a keyboard. And when he really has the blood pumping...

    "The Patriarch"

    willie with tan lines: enjoy the shots and the woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The foreigners will take 100% of your income and then your life.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    SS is a modern day Paul Revere, but instead of a horse he rides a keyboard. And when he really has the blood pumping...

    One if by land.

    If they come by air or sea, though, he's keeping it to himself, because Da Wall is useless as tits on a boar hog.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Only Q or a civil war will save us

  4. #333
    So we need a strong-man state to take measures to prevent Mexicans from coming here and foisting upon us a strong-man state? If we (pretense) had any sense we would be crowdfunding suits against the state. You are nervous because you know that your liberties have become brittle, me too, but this talk of walls and stuff is poppycock, its like whistling in the dark, an expensive distraction.

    End Foreign Actions. The constitution is unequivocal about who gets to declare war, and where one hasn't been war--organized military action being one feature of many--legally needs to cease.

    End publicly administered foreign aid.

    End the income tax.

    End prohibition.

    Be prepared to voluntarily assume the duty of caring for your fellow person until they can adapt.

    Build a waterpark on the Rio Grande instead of a wall.


    No matter how high your wall, or how many salties you put in the Rio Grande, the solution is temporary and insufficient. Like slamming your door because your house is on fire.

  5. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    So we need a strong-man state to take measures to prevent Mexicans from coming here and foisting upon us a strong-man state? If we (pretense) had any sense we would be crowdfunding suits against the state. You are nervous because you know that your liberties have become brittle, me too, but this talk of walls and stuff is poppycock, its like whistling in the dark, an expensive distraction.

    End Foreign Actions. The constitution is unequivocal about who gets to declare war, and where one hasn't been war--organized military action being one feature of many--legally needs to cease.

    End publicly administered foreign aid.

    End the income tax.

    End prohibition.

    Be prepared to voluntarily assume the duty of caring for your fellow person until they can adapt.

    Build a waterpark on the Rio Grande instead of a wall.


    No matter how high your wall, or how many salties you put in the Rio Grande, the solution is temporary and insufficient. Like slamming your door because your house is on fire.
    We need a state to do its basic legitimate job and protect us from outside threats, the measures you propose are insufficient to stop the invasion because the prosperity they create will only increase the largest incentive.

    You are suggesting that we try to fight a fire while allowing arsonists free access to our home.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  6. #335

    Yep, looks an awful lot like a "snowflake tantrum" to me.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  7. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Uh huh.

    Yew betcha.

    I know, right? Comedy gold. You couldn't make this $#@! up.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul



  8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  9. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    ...the measures you propose are insufficient to stop the invasion because the prosperity they create will only increase the largest incentive.
    Prosperity = Incentive = Bad again?

    So, since communism prevents prosperity, are you going to call for temporary indefinite communism until the never-ending threat has subsided?

    And when do we wall off the whole Gulf coast and the port of San Diego?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Only Q or a civil war will save us

  10. #338
    invasion because the prosperity they create will only increase the largest incentive
    Ah, yes. We're being attacked because we're rich and free. Where have we heard this before? Wasn't refuting this garbage a large part of Ron Paul's campaigns? This must be yet another of those very few things that this poster thinks that Ron Paul is wrong on.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...cut-quot/page4
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

  11. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Prosperity = Incentive = Bad again?

    So, since communism prevents prosperity, are you going to call for temporary indefinite communism until the never-ending threat has subsided?

    And when do we wall off the whole Gulf coast and the port of San Diego?
    Prosperity isn't bad, it shouldn't be eliminated and therefore we can't stop them by eliminating the incentives.

    We must take active measures to secure the border and control immigration or the leeches will come and destroy the prosperity.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  12. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We need a state to do its basic legitimate job and protect us from outside threats, the measures you propose are insufficient to stop the invasion because the prosperity they create will only increase the largest incentive.

    You are suggesting that we try to fight a fire while allowing arsonists free access to our home.
    No, the violations of the measures I--cursorily--proposed are a proximate cause, and in some cases the actual cause, of the terror that makes you want to build sandcastles on the shore.

    Burning people are not arsonists, they are on fire... If you were burning, you'd head for water too--and if you are half as callous as you seem I'd pity the people who tried to keep you from it. The water, in this case, is a rumor. Is the oasis of America a mirage?

  13. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Ah, yes. We're being attacked because we're rich and free. Where have we heard this before?
    See? I told y'all he's really Dubya.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Only Q or a civil war will save us

  14. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Ah, yes. We're being attacked because we're rich and free. Where have we heard this before? Wasn't refuting this garbage a large part of Ron Paul's campaigns? This must be yet another of those very few things that this poster thinks that Ron Paul is wrong on.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...cut-quot/page4
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    See? I told y'all he's really Dubya.

    They don't come here because we are poor, they come here because we are rich and then they vote to destroy the very prosperity that attracted them with communism.

    Please explain why they come here if it isn't the prosperity.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  15. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Prosperity = Incentive = Bad again?

    So, since communism prevents prosperity, are you going to call for temporary indefinite communism until the never-ending threat has subsided?

    And when do we wall off the whole Gulf coast and the port of San Diego?
    Well, it's fascists and communists that build walls. Do you think he wants the US to become east germany, or china?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

  16. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    No, the violations of the measures I--cursorily--proposed are a proximate cause, and in some cases the actual cause, of the terror that makes you want to build sandcastles on the shore.

    Burning people are not arsonists, they are on fire... If you were burning, you'd head for water too--and if you are half as callous as you seem I'd pity the people who tried to keep you from it. The water, in this case, is a rumor. Is the oasis of America a mirage?
    They are arsonists who set themselves on fire and now want to come here and burn down our house until they run out of fuel, when they are done they will move on to the next best fuel supply.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  18. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Well, it's fascists and communists that build walls. Do you think he wants the US to become east germany, or china?
    LOL

    Plenty of other people build walls and I don't want the wall, I want increased patrols.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  19. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Well, it's fascists and communists that build walls. Do you think he wants the US to become east germany, or china?
    I don't think he cares--as long as he's in the Stazi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

    Plenty of other people build walls and I don't want the wall, I want increased patrols.
    Of course not. You want a nationwide Stazi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We had INS before ICE, somebody needs to enforce immigration law inside the country, visa overstays can't be stopped at the border, we can discuss reducing ICE/INS when we have deported most of the 20+ Million invaders.
    Long Live the Freedom Stazi!
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-11-2019 at 10:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Only Q or a civil war will save us

  20. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are arsonists who set themselves on fire and now want to come here and burn down our house until they run out of fuel, when they are done they will move on to the next best fuel supply.
    So you are now endorsing some kind of blood guilt? People inheriting the crimes of their fathers? When you say things like, "They set themselves on fire," I feel like you ignore vast swathes of the past century and half--up until today. Do you inherit that responsibility (Banana Republics and Counter-Coups?)

  21. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are arsonists who set themselves on fire and now want to come here and burn down our house until they run out of fuel, when they are done they will move on to the next best fuel supply.

    I'm just curious. How many real life immigrants have you actually sat down with, across a table, and hd real conversations with in your entire life? How many have you interacted with in any meaningful way? My guess would be none. In fact, I'd bet that's true of most immigration hawks around here. If so, then your opinions of them and what they're like are based solely upon $#@! you read from hyper-partisan agenda driven sources on thd internet. Hardley a balanced view.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  22. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I don't think he cares--as long as he's in the Stazi.



    Of course not. You want a nationwide Stazi.



    Long Live the Freedom Stazi!
    And just think, he can even have AF as Minister of Culture! (as per post #66, which has now been edited and scrubbed, but was quoted in post #216 and can be viewed there)

    ETA: The Resident Banana has been gracious enough to provide a correction in post #400. AF's post was #157, not #66, which has not been edited and scrubbed. Apologies to AF for this error!
    Last edited by invisible; 02-13-2019 at 04:28 AM. Reason: correction
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

  23. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    So you are now endorsing some kind of blood guilt? People inheriting the crimes of their fathers? When you say things like, "They set themselves on fire," I feel like you ignore vast swathes of the past century and half--up until today. Do you inherit that responsibility (Banana Republics and Counter-Coups?)

    They currently vote for socialists and communists in their own countries and they vote for them when they get here.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  24. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I'm just curious. How many real life immigrants have you actually sat down with, across a table, and hd real conversations with in your entire life? How many have you interacted with in any meaningful way? My guess would be none. In fact, I'd bet that's true of most immigration hawks around here. If so, then your opinions of them and what they're like are based solely upon $#@! you read from hyper-partisan agenda driven sources on thd internet. Hardley a balanced view.
    I would bet I have had more to do with them than you, I used to live in an area with lots of them.

    Personal experiences may vary but the facts don't lie, they vote for socialists and communists at home and they for them here.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  25. #352
    they vote for socialists and communists at home and they for them here
    This guy must be a mind reader of millions of people. Or else it never occured to him that people in other countires just might be voting against US puppet candidate, and that people here are voting against the candidate that campaigns on harassing and persecuting them.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)



  26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  27. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post


    While I don't support ban on political memes but memes like this could cause part of GOP base to defect /side with anti-MAGA critics like Coulter etc.

  28. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    This guy must be a mind reader of millions of people. Or else it never occured to him that people in other countires just might be voting against US puppet candidate, and that people here are voting against the candidate that campaigns on harassing and persecuting them.
    All I know is they must not be voting for totalitarians very hard, because once in, totalitarians seldom give them another chance to vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Only Q or a civil war will save us

  29. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    This guy must be a mind reader of millions of people. Or else it never occured to him that people in other countires just might be voting against US puppet candidate, and that people here are voting against the candidate that campaigns on harassing and persecuting them.
    Leftist garbage.

    Republicans have bent over backwards trying to appease immigrants and the immigrants could vote Libertarian but they don't, they vote for free stuff just like they do in their home countries.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  30. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    All I know is they must not be voting for totalitarians very hard, because once in, totalitarians seldom give them another chance to vote.
    Totalitarians don't believe in taking chances.

    By the way, it is nice to see that you admit that Chavez and Maduro rig elections.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  31. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

    They currently vote for socialists and communists in their own countries and they vote for them when they get here.
    Have you ever considered that Socialism is a lateral variant of Feudalism? Perhaps it is the primary way the feudal stage is experienced in civilizations that reached that (pre-free market) stage post-industrial revolution? So perhaps it would have been better to let them have what they voted for, and not punished them further with military coups, drug wars-and the drug Lords thus anointed (big L, lotsa power).

    Running through it in my head, what characterized a feudal society? Distinct and severe class stratifications, parallel legal codes, being 'born' to the land and your occupation (thus getting what you need and contributing what you are able). Seems to me China and Soviet Russia fit rather fit this bill. And so do 'we' to an alarming extent--particularly regarding parallel legal codes.

  32. #358
    Leftist garbage.
    Another empty, divisive accusation, completely devoid of reason. No logical explanation exists as to how voting against candidates that are either puppets of another country or campaign on persecuting them is a leftist act.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

  33. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Totalitarians don't believe in taking chances.

    By the way, it is nice to see that you admit that Chavez and Maduro rig elections.
    Chance ain't looking for belief.

  34. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    All I know is they must not be voting for totalitarians very hard, because once in, totalitarians seldom give them another chance to vote.
    Totalitarians don't believe in taking chances.

    By the way, it is nice to see that you admit that Chavez and Maduro rig elections.
    Putting words in my mouth again?

    OK. We'll bite. We just can't resist your twisted lines of so-called 'reasoning'. Makes a roller coaster look like tangent track.

    Do tell us how you figure I made a statement I did not make.

    Let's have it. Make your case for putting your words in my mouth and take your medicine.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Only Q or a civil war will save us



  35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Gallup: Americans DO NOT approve of NSA spying
    By Warlord in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2013, 03:06 PM
  2. Gallup - private sector employment up 6 months in a row
    By Catatonic in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 11:22 AM
  3. Gallup: 36% of Americans like Socialism
    By TheBlackPeterSchiff in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 05:31 PM
  4. LATIN translation HELP! Need a human latin translator
    By GunnyFreedom in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 08:58 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •