Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember China's Reputation Score, well it is here now Mylife.com

Remember China's Reputation Score, well it is here now Mylife.com

Scum of the earth company Mylife.com business mode is to list Americans on their site with a "reputation score" based on background information they gathered like your credit history, court records, social media reviews and reviews people submit to their site. Thanks to Google ranking that site highly in search results anyone searching for you will find you reputation score.

From their site: "See Anyone's Reputation Score"
    Only MyLife has everyone's Reputation Score which includes reviews written by friends, family, co-works, & others, even romantic interests.

See Your Reputation Score
    Your public Background Report & reviews contribute to your Reputation Score. It affects you in more ways than you realize — from your career to your relationships.
    MyLife.com compiles your personal info into a ‘reputation score’ — here’s how to remove it
    https://clark.com/consumer-issues-id...utation-score/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And holding incorrect views on things...

The ability to malign another has peaked. This downward spiral started with the outlawing of the public duel. Bring that back and this $#@! would stop post-haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And holding incorrect views on things...
    Not sure how exactly this proprietary ranking works but it sure looks like they are ranking Republicans, Libertarians, Christians and whites lower compared to profiles listed as Black, Hispanic, Democrat and/or no religious affiliation. Even so for individuals whom the later have extensive criminal court records.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-09-2019 at 02:58 PM.

This cries out for a class action libel suit.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

No results for Oyarde .
    Do something Danke

Here's how to remove it :

Call MyLife at (888) 704-1900 and press 3 to speak to an operator. They have customer representatives available Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 7pm PT, and Saturday and Sunday from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT.

“It will take seven to 10 business days to process,” the representative told me when I called to have my info removed. “But you don’t have to worry,the link will no longer work.” She then gave me a confirmation number.

If you wish to remove yourself from Mylife.com via email, send your request to removalrequests@mylife.com, and be sure to include your MyLife.com URL so that they can remove the right person.

Are we all automatically in their data base?
    If so , how was that information collected, credit bureaus ?
    Then how are they able to us to our social media accounts ?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Websites like that are one reason never to use a handle here on these forums (or any others) that can be traced to your real identity or that is the same as one you use somewhere else that can be linked to you.

FYI.

I went through their removal process and it was fairly painless. It took less than 48 hours for them to remove my profile. Thanks to the OP for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    FYI.

I went through their removal process and it was fairly painless. It took less than 48 hours for them to remove my profile. Thanks to the OP for posting this.
    Over the phone or over the email?

One potential concern would be that you are confirming the info in a way.

About 75% of the info they have about me is incorrect and they are missing quite a bit. gotta like that.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 02-12-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Their rating system doesn't make much sense. I removed the entry tied to my name a while back but I looked and someone I know has a 3.5 rating. This person has a spotless record, a top secret security clearance, very secure finances and is in her early 60's. A 3.5 out of 5.0. Yeah sounds legit.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Over the phone or over the email?

One potential concern would be that you are confirming the info in a way.

About 75% of the info they have about me is incorrect and they are missing quite a bit. gotta like that.
    I did it via email. I gave them the link to my profile and asked that it be removed. That was it. In a few days they replied saying that it had been removed. I've searched the site with google using "site:mylife.com my name" and the link takes me to a page with an error that says page cannot be found.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Their rating system doesn't make much sense. I removed the entry tied to my name a while back but I looked and someone I know has a 3.5 rating. This person has a spotless record, a top secret security clearance, very secure finances and is in her early 60's. A 3.5 out of 5.0. Yeah sounds legit.
    My credit score is around 850 but I had a felony conviction and a few other minor arrests from over 20 years ago that it flagged me for and scored me at 3.

I did it via email. I gave them the link to my profile and asked that it be removed. That was it. In a few days they replied saying that it had been removed. I've searched the site with google using "site:mylife.com my name" and the link takes me to a page with an error that says page cannot be found.
    Go to google's (other search engines may have similar pages) outdated content page and submit the old url for removal from search listings entirely:
    https://support.google.com/websearch.../6349986?hl=en
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I checked myself out and there are two accounts on me. WTF? The only difference is the age - one is 99. o_O

I guess I have to opt out of both of them. I don't want my 99 year old self stuck with my 48 year old self's reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul is a 3.98

Crack dealer from way back was 3.5
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

We have a Reputation system on RPF also, but it is not intended for use beyond this site. When it does, Reputation System will need to be removed.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I've come to accept this stuff as "the way it is" unfortunately. It's going to get much worse. It's difficult to make the case that the majority of people care about privacy when they carry smart phones, buy cars that track them, put amazon and google listening posts in their house, buy Smart TVs with cameras and microphones, use Facebook, etc. I'd be willing to bet that the far majority of people on these forums have given up their privacy to one or more of these services (myself included).

At least it was easy to have myself removed from MyLife.com. Way easier than getting rid of a 20 year old felony conviction.

I've come to accept this stuff as "the way it is" unfortunately. It's going to get much worse. It's difficult to make the case that the majority of people care about privacy when they carry smart phones, buy cars that track them, put amazon and google listening posts in their house, buy Smart TVs with cameras and microphones, use Facebook, etc. I'd be willing to bet that the far majority of people on these forums have given up their privacy to one or more of these services (myself included).

At least it was easy to have myself removed from MyLife.com. Way easier than getting rid of a 20 year old felony conviction.
    I havent given up on Privacy. It is STILL a Constitutional Right under the 4th Amendment, but due to the corporate takeover of the US, the major loophole of the Constitution is that it did not restrict businesses from spying on literally everything people do, which they sell with each other, and only allow you go so far as your likely destination in life. Thus, if they can find some data they can interpret as "bad" about any person, it dings that Social Credit Score and costs people what ever they deem fit and keeps those obedient people in their assigned roles as to not "cause problems" for those at the top of the Eschelon.

I can only hope that this Privacy Invasion completely blows up in every single persons face so severely that they completely abandon every part of this system that is nothing short of the newest form of modernized slavery. What difference does it make if your slave knows he is a slave, wears chains, or is simply confined in both a mental and digital plantation prison?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

OK, so this what I got back from them:

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting MyLife™ to request removal of your Public Background Report & Reputation Score.

Unfortunately the information on your Public Background page cannot be removed as it is gathered from public records, government, and other public sources for the purpose of helping people learn more about others for business, dating and other reasons.

As MyLife is also here to help you monitor what’s public about you, and help you improve your Reputation, we offer several services that we recommend you use to:

- Editing your public information

- See and delete your information on other sites you can’t control

- Verify and correct your Background Report

Next Steps:

Please contact a Customer Care Representative to upgrade to Premium Membership by calling 888-704-1900 or sign up online at www.MyLife.com

We are open Mon-Fri 6am-7pm, Sat-Sun 6am-5pm PST to provide unlimited free member support.

Hmmm. This is what they sent me.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting MyLife™

We appreciate your Inquiry about the information on MyLife.com. The information on each profile page is gathered from public sources, which can be easily found online using a simple Google search.

The referenced profile has been removed as requested. Please allow the required 24 hours for the profile to be completely removed.

If you are still seeing the page, clear the History/Cache on your internet browser. Sometimes a page you have viewed previously can be seen from your history even though the page no longer exists. If you are seeing search results from major search engines like Google, Yahoo or Bing, allow 5 business days for the results to be removed by the search engine provider.

If you feel that your specific profile was not removed, respond with the website URL of the profile page. Or send the following information exactly as shown on the profile: Name, Age, City, State.

If you need additional assistance or have further questions, please feel free to contact our MyLife.com™ Customer Care representatives toll-free at (888) 704-1900.

We are open Mon-Fri 6am-7pm, Sat-Sun 6am-5pm PST to provide unlimited free member support.

Sincerely,

Katherine G.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Under people who I know, it lists a whole bunch of Russians. Who I don't know. And that is it. I think a Russian owns the house I rent, but I rent through a management company and have no idea who they are.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Hmmm. This is what they sent me.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Funny, I got yet another form reply:

Thank you for contacting MyLife™ Customer Care. This note is to inform you that we have received your inquiry and will begin processing your request.

Please note that we respond to e-mail messages in the order received. Your Removal Request should be processed and completed within 7-10 business days. Please do not send multiple e-mails regarding the same subject as this will only delay our response.

We value your request for privacy and would like some feedback on how we can improve your experience controlling your Online footprint. If you have a moment, please take a few seconds to complete this survey. Your response would be greatly appreciated.

You can also contact us via phone by calling toll-free at (888) 704-1900. Our hours of phone support are: Monday – Friday 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM (PST) Saturday-Sunday 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM (PST)

Thank you again for your e-mail and we look forward to assisting you!

Sincerely,

MyLife.com™ Customer Care Team

So I replied thusly:

====== Your Inquiry ======
    No, my next step is to consult legal counsel.

You will be hearing from my attorneys shortly, with a cease and desist
    order.
    Within an hour they replied:

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting MyLife™ Customer Care. This note is to inform you that we have received your inquiry and will begin processing your request.

Please note that we respond to e-mail messages in the order received. Your request should be processed and completed within 7-10 business days. Please do not send multiple e-mails regarding the same subject as this will only delay our response.

We value your request for privacy and would like some feedback on how we can improve your experience controlling your Online footprint. If you have a moment, please take a few seconds to complete this survey. Your response would be greatly appreciated.

You can also contact us via phone by calling toll-free at (888) 704-1900.

Our hours of phone support are:
    Monday – Friday 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM (PST)
    Saturday-Sunday 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM (PST)

Thank you again for your e-mail and we look forward to assisting you!

Sincerely,
    MyLife.com™ Customer Care Team

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    We have a Reputation system on RPF also, but it is not intended for use beyond this site. When it does, Reputation System will need to be removed.
    It should probably be removed now as a precaution, it doesn't really do any good anyway.
    @Bryan

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Under people who I know, it lists a whole bunch of Russians. Who I don't know. And that is it. I think a Russian owns the house I rent, but I rent through a management company and have no idea who they are.
    We are all Russian bots now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Mine's also a 3.5. I looked up Mr A's and his is a 2.75 He's been arrested more than I have, though.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    How did you see all that? I just got a score.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast