Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chase Bank Shuts Down Proud Boys Leaderís Personal Bank Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    But the baker is not.
    How is he not? He needs several government permits to open and run his business, and his products are protected against competition by - among other things - the tariffs that you so love.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump hasn't even been in 6 months, you can't call him a boondoggle President unless he has overseen a military boondoggle for at least a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I'm a skittle shitting unicorn

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    How is he not? He needs several government permits to open and run his business, and his products are protected against competition by - among other things - the tariffs that you so love.
    The government has encroached everywhere but that is nothing like the situation with banks.

And even if the level of integration was exactly the same bakers don't have the power to destroy your life the bankers do, until there is a free market in banking they must be required to provide basic services to anyone.

You just can't wait for the Mark of the Beast can you?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The government has encroached everywhere but that is nothing like the situation with banks.
    Seems rather arbitrary.

And even if the level of integration was exactly the same bakers don't have the power to destroy your life the bankers do, until there is a free market in banking they must be required to provide basic services to anyone.
    Banking services are more important than food?

You just can't wait for the Mark of the Beast can you?
    Let's see... which way will we get to that more quickly... your way, with even more government involvement in banking, or my way, with less?
    Trump hasn't even been in 6 months, you can't call him a boondoggle President unless he has overseen a military boondoggle for at least a year or two.

Seems rather arbitrary.
    Not really.

Yes, because you won't be able to buy or sell food or anything else without them when the "private" system is complete and your ability to buy or sell anything without them right now is limited to the point of being crippling, as the power is deployed more and more against anyone who resists your bosses tyranny will be imposed "privately" because only those who vote the way they like will have any money to live or campaign.

Let's see... which way will we get to that more quickly... your way, with even more government involvement in banking, or my way, with less?
    Your way, the banks are an arm of the government that pretends to not be obligated to provide equal protection, unless they are divorced from the government the must provide equal protection or we will have the Mark of the Beast.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not really.
    Good argument.

Yes, because you won't be able to buy or sell food or anything else without them when the "private" system is complete and your ability to buy or sell anything without them right now is limited to the point of being crippling, as the power is deployed more and more against anyone who resists your bosses tyranny will be imposed "privately" because only those who vote the way they like will have any money to live or campaign.
    Or... try to keep up with me here... if government is the problem with banking, what if we get the government out of banking rather than adding more government to the banking?

Your way, the banks are an arm of the government that pretends to not be obligated to provide equal protection, unless they are divorced from the government the must provide equal protection or we will have the Mark of the Beast.
    Completely circular argument. See above.

Good argument.
    As good as yours.

Or... try to keep up with me here... if government is the problem with banking, what if we get the government out of banking rather than adding more government to the banking?

See above.
    That's a great idea but we will never be able to accomplish it if we allow banks to unperson people who want to do that.

You want them to win so you make the perfect the enemy of the existentially requisite, you can't win the war if you die to a man in the battle.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

This is exactly why we need bitcoin and precious metals to emerge.

That's a great idea but we will never be able to accomplish it if we allow banks to unperson people who want to do that.
    Back to the 'we need to have more government first before we can have less government later' argument. Happens every single time, despite the fact that, historically speaking, it has never, ever worked.

You want them to win so you make the perfect the enemy of the existentially requisite, you can't win the war if you die to a man in the battle.
    You can't win "the war" if you constantly advocate for the statist option.

Back to the 'we need to have more government first before we can have less government later' argument. Happens every single time, despite the fact that, historically speaking, it has never, ever worked.
    It isn't more government, the banks are already part of the government.
    It is requiring the government to respect our rights.

You can't win "the war" if you constantly advocate for the statist option.
    This isn't the statist option, this is the human rights option, you want the tyranny option.
    Until the banks are disentangled from the government there is no option that is more or less statist.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It isn't more government, the banks are already part of the government.
    It is requiring the government to respect our rights.
    By regulating them more, tying them even more closely to the government, and ensuring that status will never change.

This is not progress, it is actually conterproductive: in order for you to get the result that you want (government enforcement of "culture"), you will... somehow... need to ensure that "good" control of government continues forever. Otherwise, with the expanded powers that you are giving the government, the result will be a net negative, not a net positive. See also: PATRIOT act, etc.

Expanding government power always turns around to bite the group who thought that they would get to employ it as a weapon against their enemies.
    Last edited by TheCount; 02-09-2019 at 08:25 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    By regulating them more, tying them even more closely to the government, and ensuring that status will never change.
    Requiring them to provide basic services to anyone doesn't tie them any closer to the government or ensure their status will never change, it even provides them with an incentive to want to disentangle from the government.

Not only is this the opposite of progress, it is actually conterproductive:
    No it isn't.

in order for you to get the result that you want (government enforcement of "culture"),
    I don't want government enforcement of culture.

you will... somehow... need to ensure that "good" control of government continues forever. Otherwise, with the expanded powers that you are giving the government, the result will be a net negative, not a net positive. See also: PATRIOT act, etc.

Expanding government power always turns out to be a net negative.
    It isn't expanding government power to require one of its branches to respect the rights of all citizens.
    We will never be able to get the government out of banking if we allow the current cartel to destroy anyone who opposes them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I don't disagree.
    You better not. helmuth has frickin' laser beams attached to his head now ...
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Banking services are a TRILLION TIMES more important (if not more) than custom wedding cakes...

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Yes , unless you are already set up on your own 10k acre tract and a survivalist.

This issue of Corporations refusing service to those with varying opinions is akin to
    a cashless / bitcoin/ crypto currency society, the govt can and will, on a whim', shut you off
    from satisfying all of your basic needs with a 'check' mark, The List , no guilt ,
    not even suspected of any crime.

-

Requiring them to provide basic services to anyone doesn't tie them any closer to the government or ensure their status will never change, it even provides them with an incentive to want to disentangle from the government.
    He says, while later in the exact same post saying that banks are a branch of the government:

It isn't expanding government power to require one of its branches to respect the rights of all citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Libertarian defenses of this behavior under the guise of property rights are going to be increasingly irrelevant. Libertarians argue for numerous policies that marginalize any ability to actually fight The Cathedral.
    I would think a libertarian argument wouldn't really apply, banks are far from a free market. They are one of the most regulated industries in America. Any libertarian argument would have to start with a free market to apply. Unless I am misreading people like Mises and Rothbard, private property rights don't really work with state entwined industry.
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

He says, while later in the exact same post saying that banks are a branch of the government:
    They are already a branch of the government so it will not tie them any closer to the government or ensure that their status will never change.

See how simple that is?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are already a branch of the government so it will not tie them any closer to the government or ensure that their status will never change.
    Which branch are they?

Which branch are they?
    The banking branch.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What a load of blsht.

Seems rather arbitrary.

Once again;

Yes , unless you are already set up on your own 10k acre tract and a survivalist.

This issue of Corporations refusing service to those with varying opinions is akin to
    a cashless / bitcoin/ crypto currency society, the govt can and will, on a whim', shut you off
    from satisfying all of your basic needs with a 'check' mark, The List , no guilt ,
    not even suspected of any crime.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    This is exactly why we need bitcoin and precious metals to emerge.
    Precious metals yes , but bitcoin, hell no, that is the trendy rollout of Cashles IMV.
    Look to Catherine Fitts x hud head.
    I agree with her assessment of Bitcoin, it will be Govt backdoored or controlled eventually, if it is not
    already a CIA OP to begin with.
    Globalism's right hand man is crypto , bitcoin is a perfect fit.

Which branch are they?
    I would say, at least 2 out of the 3.

The banking branch.
    We must be working off of different versions of the constitution.

We must be working off of different versions of the constitution.
    Who said it was Constitutional?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bake the cake!
    AMEN!

I am SO %&$*&$*^%ing SICK of this Baker Cartel and their oppression of TheCount's gayness.

#Solidarity
    #GotYourBackBro
    #IHATEhate
    #PunchaBaker
    #NoRussianFrostingTipCollusioninAmericanCakes
    #DildosNotCakeDoughs

And the noble gayness of all my gay brothers. We need to Shut It Down.
    Last edited by H_H; 02-11-2019 at 09:53 AM.
    My Gen Z, Right or Wrong

Good argument.

Completely circular argument. See above.
    You know, I do thank you as my loyal sidekick for brilliantly summoning The Cake, which is indeed the perfect issue to bring up *every* time that free speech comes up in the context of the American system of speech control. But you're stealing my thunder. I wanted to bring it up. And then here you are, already having done so.

The side-kick is supposed to play a supporting role. Not steal the spotlight. It's unseemly. Let the hero get in the best cool shots and body blows. OK?

Thanks, bro.

Anyway, Wonka's job that I've assigned him is:

Pointing out the blatant illogicities of certain untenable "middle-ground" positions that libertarians have been wheedled, by current events, into holding.

I mean, come on guys. Pick one or the other. Commercial entities should be privileged and have a special license to Oppress Oppressed Peoples / Exclude Wrongthink Monsters by preventing them from eating cake / having a life, by virtue of being commercial entities. Or, they shouldn't. Take your pick. To straddle the fence and say "yes" for this commercial entity and "no" for that one is non-ideological.

It seriously is.

You can't have a rule-based ideology without rules. Just like you can't have a nation without laws or whatever.

And so, <come on, take my hand, ascend up a meta-level>: your choice now becomes:

1) Caring most about your own Ideological Purity (so beautiful! brings a tear to mine eye!)
    2) Caring most about actually having a decent country for your descendents and thus what the actual concrete results of actual discrete actions will be.

Again, thank you Wonka. Even though you stole my thunder, somebody had to do it. You have ripped back the comfortable curtains and made the real choice clear. And it is indeed stark:

Ideology,
    or Reality

Make your choice. The steamroller's comin'.
    My Gen Z, Right or Wrong

Who said it was Constitutional?
    By extension, that applies to your plan as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast