Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chase Bank Shuts Down Proud Boys Leaderís Personal Bank Account

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    By extension, that applies to your plan as well.
    And?

When we get back to following the Constitution about the things that enable banking tyranny we can remove my suggested law as well, until then we must not allow this to kill all possibility of restoring the Constitution.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post
    You know, I do thank you as my loyal sidekick for brilliantly summoning The Cake, which is indeed the perfect issue to bring up *every* time that free speech comes up in the context of the American system of speech control. But you're stealing my thunder. I wanted to bring it up. And then here you are, already having done so.

The side-kick is supposed to play a supporting role. Not steal the spotlight. It's unseemly. Let the hero get in the best cool shots and body blows. OK?

Thanks, bro.

Anyway, Wonka's job that I've assigned him is:

Pointing out the blatant illogicities of certain untenable "middle-ground" positions that libertarians have been wheedled, by current events, into holding.

I mean, come on guys. Pick one or the other. Commercial entities should be privileged and have a special license to Oppress Oppressed Peoples / Exclude Wrongthink Monsters by preventing them from eating cake / having a life, by virtue of being commercial entities. Or, they shouldn't. Take your pick. To straddle the fence and say "yes" for this commercial entity and "no" for that one is non-ideological.

It seriously is.

You can't have a rule-based ideology without rules. Just like you can't have a nation without laws or whatever.

And so, <come on, take my hand, ascend up a meta-level>: your choice now becomes:

1) Caring most about your own Ideological Purity (so beautiful! brings a tear to mine eye!)
    2) Caring most about actually having a decent country for your descendents and thus what the actual concrete results of actual discrete actions will be.

Again, thank you Wonka. Even though you stole my thunder, somebody had to do it. You have ripped back the comfortable curtains and made the real choice clear. And it is indeed stark:

Ideology,
    or Reality

Make your choice. The steamroller's comin'.
    You assume that I hold the position that I do because of ideology, but that could not be further from the truth. I dismiss the 'reality' option presented by you and the SS because it is less realistic, not more.

Let's talk about "actual concrete results of actual discrete actions" since you brought them up, and follow the SS's plan to its inevitable end. The government regulates banks even more closely, probably by bringing them under the control of the post office because the SS has a postal fetish. Included in that is some measure of "fairness," of what constitutes allowed and disallowed, legitimate and illegitimate, legal and illegal reasons for refusing banking service to a person or group.

Fast forward thirty years.

Who is in charge of the government? Is it a group which favors you and yours and will use the weapons of government, which you have so eagerly granted them, against your enemies in the way that you dream they will? More likely, it be a group of people who is even more opposed to you than the current government. Didn't you say that you are part of an ethno-religious group? What does the trend line of public opinion regarding your group, or others like it, look like? Positive? Negative? Will your group be a group against which it is legally permissible to discriminate? Probably.

You will bring into being the very future that you claim to be trying to prevent.
    Last edited by TheCount; 02-11-2019 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump hasn't even been in 6 months, you can't call him a boondoggle President unless he has overseen a military boondoggle for at least a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I'm a skittle shitting unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And?

When we get back to following the Constitution about the things that enable banking tyranny we can remove my suggested law as well, until then we must not allow this to kill all possibility of restoring the Constitution.
    Says the statist:

"In order to have smaller government, first we must have bigger government"

"In order to have more freedom, first we must have less"

"In order to follow the constitution, first we must discard it"

And on and on.
    Trump hasn't even been in 6 months, you can't call him a boondoggle President unless he has overseen a military boondoggle for at least a year or two.

Says the statist:

"In order to have smaller government, first we must have bigger government"

"In order to have more freedom, first we must have less"

"In order to follow the constitution, first we must discard it"

And on and on.
    "Just let me kill you and we can talk about me giving up the knife I stole from you afterwards, tying my hands would be a violation of the NAP"

We are discussing the implementation of a system that will permanently kill any chance to to oppose or reverse it, you can't play by the rules when the other person has knocked over the table and is swinging a knife at you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You assume that I hold the position that I do because of ideology, but that could not be further from the truth. I dismiss the 'reality' option presented by you and the SS because it is less realistic, not more.

Let's talk about "actual concrete results of actual discrete actions" since you brought them up, and follow the SS's plan to its inevitable end. The government regulates banks even more closely, probably by bringing them under the control of the post office because the SS has a postal fetish. Included in that is some measure of "fairness," of what constitutes allowed and disallowed, legitimate and illegitimate, legal and illegal reasons for refusing banking service to a person or group.

Fast forward thirty years.

Who is in charge of the government? Is it a group which favors you and yours and will use the weapons of government, which you have so eagerly granted them, against your enemies in the way that you dream they will? More likely, it be a group of people who is even more opposed to you than the current government. Didn't you say that you are part of an ethno-religious group? What does the trend line of public opinion regarding your group, or others like it, look like? Positive? Negative? Will your group be a group against which it is legally permissible to discriminate? Probably.

You will bring into being the very future that you claim to be trying to prevent.
    The same people control the banks and the government and they are implementing their system without having to honor our rights because they pretend to be different entities and without allowing the competition that would allow us to evade them.
    My suggestion will slow them down by forcing them to honor our rights until we can restore free market competition in banking, your suggestion will allow them to kill all of us and reign supreme with no chance of restoring the free market.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The same people control the banks and the government and they are implementing their system without having to honor our rights because they pretend to be different entities and without allowing the competition that would allow us to evade them.

My suggestion will slow them down by forcing them to honor our rights until we can restore free market competition in banking, your suggestion will allow them to kill all of us and reign supreme with no chance of restoring the free market.

You can't force the government to do what you want by giving it more power. And the only document meant to force them to honor your rights... that's the one that you're completely ignoring.

You can't force the government to do what you want by giving it more power.
    It isn't giving it more power, the government has already usurped the power to regulate the banks.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bank declines to do business with ***** NAZIs.

...how ever will I sleep through the night?
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken

Bank declines to do business with ***** NAZIs.

...how ever will I sleep through the night?
    The Proud Boys are not NAZIs and they always start with people who are unpopular, they will come for us soon enough if they are allowed to get away with it.
    You on the other hand will be a good little globalist and take The Mark so I guess I see why you aren't concerned.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123