Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 121

Thread: About that whole "Trump tax cut"....

  1. #31



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    The tax cut was pretty substantial for me. I adjusted my withholding accordingly.

    Unfortunately the tax cut is more than offset by tariffs from the Awesome Trade War. My bonus this year would have been much larger without the tariffs.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Gut the IRS? Shirley you can't be serious.
    A bit testy today are we , bless your heart....


    -
    -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBltrX4gCbk

    - ''Tax simplification will be a major feature of the plan''
    - ''...our tax code is so burdensome and complex, that we waste
    9 billion hours a year in tax code compliance.''
    ''My plan will Reduce brackets from 7 to 3 , ...dramatically streamline
    the process.''


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw2TpI7zLjs
    ''25k and less pays nothing ''
    ''They get a new 1-page form to send the IRS,
    saying I pay nothing.''
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Forbes:
    https://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Don.../03/id/751454/
    Donald Trump said America's tax code is "broken," and because of his experience using it to his advantage in his business dealings, he knows how to fix it.
    "Fixing our broken tax code is one of the main reasons I'm running for president," the Republican presidential nominee said during a campaign rally Monday in Pueblo, Colo.
    "It is unfair and so complex that very few people understand it. Fortunately, I understand it."
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    https://duckduckgo.com/l/?kh=-1&uddg...tax-reform.pdf

    25k and less single ; 1 page form , pay nothing.
    Approx 40% + or the work force would send in a 1 page
    form and pay nothing.
    -

    https://seekingalpha.com/article/410...rcentiles-2017



    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx












    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    A bit testy today are we , bless your heart....


    -
    -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBltrX4gCbk

    - ''Tax simplification will be a major feature of the plan''
    - ''...our tax code is so burdensome and complex, that we waste
    9 billion hours a year in tax code compliance.''
    ''My plan will Reduce brackets from 7 to 3 , ...dramatically streamline
    the process.''


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw2TpI7zLjs
    ''25k and less pays nothing ''
    ''They get a new 1-page form to send the IRS,
    saying I pay nothing.''
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Forbes:
    https://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Don.../03/id/751454/
    Donald Trump said America's tax code is "broken," and because of his experience using it to his advantage in his business dealings, he knows how to fix it.
    "Fixing our broken tax code is one of the main reasons I'm running for president," the Republican presidential nominee said during a campaign rally Monday in Pueblo, Colo.
    "It is unfair and so complex that very few people understand it. Fortunately, I understand it."
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    https://duckduckgo.com/l/?kh=-1&uddg...tax-reform.pdf

    25k and less single ; 1 page form , pay nothing.
    Approx 40% + or the work force would send in a 1 page
    form and pay nothing.
    -

    https://seekingalpha.com/article/410...rcentiles-2017



    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx












    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Actually they got rid of the "one page form" the 1040ez. Now you have to use the 1040.

    https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions

    For Tax Year 2018, you will no longer use Form 1040A or Form 1040EZ, but instead will use the redesigned Form 1040. Many people will only need to file Form 1040 and no schedules.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway.../#41c2a9c37bbc

    The New Tax Law's Really, Really Big Postcard


    The Trump Administration continues to tout the idea that, thanks to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), Americans will be able to fill out their individual income tax returns on a post card—or what the president calls “a single, little beautiful sheet of paper." I can’t speak to its beauty, but the tax year 2018 Form 1040 won’t make it on a single page.

    The 2017 IRS Form 1040, the basic document most taxpayers use to file, includes 98 lines and boxes for calculating tax payments. For 2018, the TCJA is likely to eliminate a grand total of five (or maybe six) of those lines. And the new law will likely require at least one new one.

    That would make for a really big postcard (or really tiny type).

    Then there are the additional worksheets and schedules, some of which will get more complex. Owners of pass-through businesses, for instance, will have to do multiple new calculations in exchange for a chance to deduct 20 percent of their business income. Millions more households will have to file a Schedule 8812 that will allow them to take the expanded Child Tax Credit. These may be sweet new tax breaks, but they’ll mean more work, not less.

    Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin notes that many more filers will take the standard deduction. And he is right. The Tax Policy Center estimates that about 27 million fewer taxpayers will itemize under the new law. But that won’t get them a postcard.

    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-07-2019 at 04:32 PM.


    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

    "Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

    "China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

    "Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  7. #35
    Gee, Zip... full 'o $#@! again. Looks substantially reduced to me...

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It is very pretty, almost everyone is getting a cut and the high tax states aren't being subsidized by everyone else nearly as much.

    Your propaganda is pitiful.
    Cool story, bro.

    You do understand that personal federal income taxes go primarily to pay interest on the debt and dividends to Fed shareholders (6% per year), so there's not much "subsidizing" going on from income taxes, except subsidizing bankers and other debt holders. The rest of the tax and fee structure, along with new debt, is what funds federal operations.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Cool story, bro.

    You do understand that personal federal income taxes go primarily to pay interest on the debt and dividends to Fed shareholders (6% per year), so there's not much "subsidizing" going on from income taxes, except subsidizing bankers and other debt holders. The rest of the tax and fee structure, along with new debt, is what funds federal operations.
    The subsidy consists of allowing the residents of high tax states to pay less federal taxes than the rest of us, that allows those states to keep residents that would otherwise leave and/or high tax politicians to keep voters while passing the costs on to the rest of the country through higher taxes/debt/printing.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  10. #38
    It's been the biggest tax cut out of all republicans who ever promised me a tax cut. Maybe that ain't saying much, but I ain't gonna scalp the man for it.

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The subsidy consists of allowing the residents of high tax states to pay less federal taxes than the rest of us, that allows those states to keep residents that would otherwise leave and/or high tax politicians to keep voters while passing the costs on to the rest of the country through higher taxes/debt/printing.
    It took me a few to sort out that mental gymnasium of justification. You're suggesting that someone paying less federal income tax means higher federal spending and debt?

    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    It's been the biggest tax cut out of all republicans who ever promised me a tax cut. Maybe that ain't saying much, but I ain't gonna scalp the man for it.
    What was the result of your tax return?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It took me a few to sort out that mental gymnasium of justification. You're suggesting that someone paying less federal income tax means higher federal spending and debt?
    If we spend the same amount and they are allowed to pay less than the rest of us that increases the debt unless we tax someone else more or just directly print the money.
    None of those options is good or fair to the rest of the country, residents of high tax states should have to play by the same rules as everyone else and then either enjoy their higher taxes or move to another state or vote in politicians who will lower their taxes.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Cool story, bro.

    You do understand that personal federal income taxes go primarily to pay interest on the debt and dividends to Fed shareholders (6% per year), so there's not much "subsidizing" going on from income taxes, except subsidizing bankers and other debt holders. The rest of the tax and fee structure, along with new debt, is what funds federal operations.
    Personal federal income tax revenue were $1.7 trillion. https://www.thebalance.com/current-u...evenue-3305762

    Did most of that go to paying interest on the debt? Interest on the debt was $364 billion. That means that 21% of income tax revenues went to interest on the debt (still a high number and likely to rise as we face $1 trillion deficits with the tax cuts and higher spending as well as rising interest rates) but certainly not "most income taxes").

    Did the money go to the Federal Reserve to pay shareholders? No. The Fed is self funding- they don't get any taxpayer money. In fact, they turn over their profits (after expenses including the dividend to stock holders) to the US Treasury. They collect fees for services as well as interest on loans and securities they hold. I haven't seen figures for this year, but last year they gave the US Treasury over $80 billion. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fe...ear-2018-01-10
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-07-2019 at 06:07 PM.


    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

    "Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

    "China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

    "Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    If we spend the same amount and they are allowed to pay less than the rest of us that increases the debt unless we tax someone else more or just directly print the money.
    None of those options is good or fair to the rest of the country, residents of high tax states should have to play by the same rules as everyone else and then either enjoy their higher taxes or move to another state or vote in politicians who will lower their taxes.
    Well, it's nice to have you on record that you like higher taxes and liberal stuff like paying "fair share" and whatnot.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Well, it's nice to have you on record that you like higher taxes and liberal stuff like paying "fair share" and whatnot.


    I want low spending and low taxes but everybody should have to play by the same rules until we get them.

    You like high state taxes and high deficits?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post


    I want low spending and low taxes but everybody should have to play by the same rules until we get them.

    You like high state taxes and high deficits?
    I like seeing anybody's taxes lower, regardless of what state they live in or what their political affiliation may be.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I like seeing anybody's taxes lower, regardless of what state they live in or what their political affiliation may be.
    Then you like turning liberals into an aristocracy and conservatives into serfs.

    Everyone should have to play by the same rules and suffer the consequences of their own actions, they should not be allowed to get a discount on the costs of their state and local big governments by picking everyone else's pockets.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Then you like turning liberals into an aristocracy and conservatives into serfs.

    Everyone should have to play by the same rules and suffer the consequences of their own actions, they should not be allowed to get a discount on the costs of their state and local big governments by picking everyone else's pockets.
    Reinforcing again that you like higher taxes, just as long as they are against people you don't personally like. I like lower taxes wherever they may be.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  20. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Then you like turning liberals into an aristocracy and conservatives into serfs.

    Everyone should have to play by the same rules and suffer the consequences of their own actions, they should not be allowed to get a discount on the costs of their state and local big governments by picking everyone else's pockets.

    ''You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.''

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Reinforcing again that you like higher taxes, just as long as they are against people you don't personally like. I like lower taxes wherever they may be.
    Dribble, or Gibberish?
    Are you seriously claiming this post as a response to SS?



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Reinforcing again that you like higher taxes, just as long as they are against people you don't personally like. I like lower taxes wherever they may be.
    No, your propaganda is terrible, I want EVERYBODY to pay less in taxes and I want Spending cut to the bone.

    But I will not allow the creation of a class of people who are "more equal" in the name of reducing taxes.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    No, your propaganda is terrible, I want EVERYBODY to pay less in taxes and I want Spending cut to the bone.

    But I will not allow the creation of a class of people who are "more equal" in the name of reducing taxes.
    So yes, you want some people to pay higher taxes, instead of reductions wherever they may occur.


    Let's get back to the original point of the thread. How are the tax returns looking compared to last year?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  25. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    So yes, you want some people to pay higher taxes, instead of reductions wherever they may occur.
    No, I want a cut for everyone, it will just cut more for those who aren't being treated as "more equal" right now, you want some people to be "more equal".


    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Let's get back to the original point of the thread. How are the tax returns looking compared to last year?
    For most taxpayers they are looking better.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 02-07-2019 at 07:58 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  26. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I like seeing anybody's taxes lower, regardless of what state they live in or what their political affiliation may be.
    It is quite reasonable to put a cap on the state tax deductions and honestly it is going only effect a few. The tax cut was billed as a middle class tax cut and that is exactly what it is. Only those in the very-upper middle class and wealthy are going to hit that 10k state tax deduction. In No state is the average person paying over 10k a year in property or income taxes. (https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/05/aver...ery-state.html) And if they are, its not going to be by much.

  27. #53
    The SALT deduction is absolutely a subsidy, no longer is the federal government paying a substantial portion of your state tax liability.

    If the fort holds (a big if), it won't be long before socialist states will begin to cut taxes. They'll have no choice.

  28. #54
    I'll be your huckleberry.

    I want 100% tax rates for people that demand a cut of my labor's fruits; zero for those that will leave me and mine in peace. I'm a real jerk.

  29. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    I'll be your huckleberry.

    I want 100% tax rates for people that demand a cut of my labor's fruits; zero for those that will leave me and mine in peace. I'm a real jerk.
    That's certainly better than the reverse.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  30. #56
    I see about an extra $1,800 a year.

    Very happy for the tax cut.



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Gut the IRS? Shirley you can't be serious.
    He is serious, and dont call him Shirley.

    Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"



  33. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That's certainly better than the reverse.
    Crazy talk. Why would we want equality among free men when we can have elitists in ivory towers? You're like... such a socialist nazi, bruh.

  34. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    Fake news.

    I'd say at least 80% of the country saved money, 99% of standard deduction filers saved money, and itemized deduction filers saved money (from non-leftist states). The itemized deduction filers in NY, CA, NJ, OR, HI got murdered (many have an effective tax rate between 50%-55%).

    If you are in a high-tax state and make a lot of money, nothing from the Trump cut can help you. The Federal government is not subsidizing the states' taxes anymore. That is a good thing.
    Yeah, itemized deductions is where it might hurt people. Mostly in high income, high cost areas like NY and SF.

    Mortgage deductions have always been nothing more than a government subsidy to the home loan and real estate industry. They should be reduced to zero. State tax deductions from Federal taxes is an incentive for States to tax more. Eliminate those too.

    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It is quite reasonable to put a cap on the state tax deductions and honestly it is going only effect a few. The tax cut was billed as a middle class tax cut and that is exactly what it is. Only those in the very-upper middle class and wealthy are going to hit that 10k state tax deduction. In No state is the average person paying over 10k a year in property or income taxes. (https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/05/aver...ery-state.html) And if they are, its not going to be by much.
    Only in places where the average home costs over a million, and the average salary is over $100k...
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    ďThey are what they hate.Ē - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  35. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Crazy talk. Why would we want equality among free men when we can have elitists in ivory towers? You're like... such a socialist nazi, bruh.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-03-2018, 04:25 AM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-16-2017, 02:07 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2016, 05:36 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2016, 07:21 AM
  5. Republican Civil War: Jeb Bush Calls Donald Trump a "Baffoon", "Clown" and an "Asshole"
    By RonPaulFanInGA in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-06-2015, 02:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •