Thread: Jill Abramson, former New York Times executive editor, denies she plagiarized for new book

Jill Abramson, former New York Times executive editor, denies she plagiarized for new book

Jill Abramson, former New York Times executive editor, denies she plagiarized for new book

Jill Abramson, the former executive editor of The New York Times, is disputing allegations that she plagiarized portions of her new book, titled "Merchants of Truth: Inside the News Revolution."

Speaking on Fox News' "The Story" Wednesday night, Abramson told Martha MacCallum that she was "100 percent" confident she did not steal others' work without crediting them.

The book is a "definitive report on the disruption of the news media over the last decade," and follows The Times, The Washington Post, BuzzFeed and Vice "as they plow through a revolution in technology, economics, standards, commitment, and endurance that pits old vs. new media," according to its Simon and Schuster description.
    More: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...d-for-new-book

https://www.twitter.com/IanFrisch/st...21152951472128

https://www.twitter.com/mcmoynihan/s...90106612576257
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And everything was going so good for her on The View...

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Abramson is interviewed starting around the 39:30 mark, and the ambush is sprung at the 42:30 mark. She was a bit tongue tied when confronted with evidence of plagiarism.

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 02-08-2019 at 12:20 PM. Reason: New video, old one gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Abramson is interviewed starting around the 28:00 mark, and the ambush is sprung at the 31:00 mark. She was a bit tongue tied when confronted with evidence of plagiarism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6GSj0FO_w
    That’s strange. The original video has been replaced...

Just a few missing quotation marks. Nothing to see here, move along...

Abramson appeared on Fox News’ “The Story” Wednesday night, telling Martha MacCallum she was “100 percent” confident that her research was original and backed by “70 pages of footnotes showing where I got the information.”

But on Thursday, Abramson conceded that certain passages “should have been cited as quotations in the text,” according to a statement she gave to CNN. “I wouldn’t want even a misplaced comma so I will promptly fix these footnotes and quotations as I have corrected other material that Vice contested.”
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/jill-abra...ism-accusation

And everything was going so good for her on The View...

I Believe wearing that Yoda Mask is also a TM infringement.

Just a few missing quotation marks. Nothing to see here, move along...
    I'm not even a writer, and I know damn well it is impossible to accidentally omit
    quotation marks.
    Omitting them is a very clear 'statement' that she was claiming them as her own.

Michael Moynihan is often on the libertarian Fifth Column podcast.
    http://wethefifth.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.