Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump ad-libs that he wants legal immigrants in 'the largest numbers ever'

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    You act like 40 million is a lot.
    It is.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    All hail Emperor Modi supreme ruler for life of the Hindu supremacist states of America!

I can't wait to get my Aadhaar number Mark of the Beast.
    If you are a U.S. Citizen then you already have it. It's called a Social Security Number.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    If you are a U.S. Citizen then you already have it. It's called a Social Security Number.
    I can buy and sell without that, the Aadhaar system that the people of India are accepting will make sure that you can't.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron Paul on immigration:

Please start by summarizing your position on immigration.

Well, I start off with saying that it's a big problem. I don't like to get involved with the Federal Government very much, but I do think it is a federal responsibility to protect our borders. This mess has come about for various reasons. One, the laws aren't enforced. Another, the welfare state. We have a need for workers in this country because our welfare system literally encourages people not to work. Therefore, a lot of jobs go begging. This is an incentive for immigrants to come in and take those jobs.
    What is your view on legal immigration?

I think it depends on our economy. If we have a healthy economy, I think we could be very generous on work programs. People come in, fulfill their role and go back home.

I'm not worried about legal immigration. I think we would even have more if we had a healthy economy

But in the meantime, we want to stop the illegals. And that's why I don't think our border guards should be sent to Iraq, like we've done. I think we need more border guards. But to have the money and the personnel, we have to bring our troops home from Iraq.

Is the economy healthy enough right now?

No. I don't think so. I think the economy is going downhill. People are feeling pinchedóin the middle, much more pinched than the government is willing to admit. Their standard of living is going down. I saw a clip on TV the other day about somebody who was about to lose their house, they couldn't pay their mortgage .There're millions of people involved, people are very uncertain about this housing market. That can't be separated from concern about illegals.
    https://vdare.com/articles/ron-paul-...al-sovereignty
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    ďThey are what they hate.Ē - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Have you two been paying attention to what Trump actually says and actually does, instead of buying what the Shylls claim about him the way politico does?

Yeah, keep doing that clear-headed free thinking while you still can. It'll be illegal soon enough. Soon you'll be jailed for even noticing his hotels are full of chambermaids who don't speak a word of English, much less trying to incite a riot by actually mentioning it to the faithful.
    And Trump personally hired each of them?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Ron Paul on immigration:
    And even that is too generous because it focuses only on the economics of immigration instead of the political/cultural effects.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Only Q or a civil war will save us

I can buy and sell without that, the Aadhaar system that the people of India are accepting will make sure that you can't.
    Give it time. That little loophole is being addressed as we speak by those Indian programmers that you refer to. The SS# came first but Americans had to be boiled a good bit longer and slower than Indians.

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Give it time. That little loophole is being addressed as we speak by those Indian programmers that you refer to. The SS# came first but Americans had to be boiled a good bit longer and slower than Indians.
    Maybe we can stop that but we won't be able to if we continue to allow in unlimited numbers of people who embrace it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL
    LOL back at you, Trump is not personally responsible for the actions of his many employees in his vast empire.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Maybe we can stop that but we won't be able to if we continue to allow in unlimited numbers of people who embrace it.
    Good luck. Maybe reread the thread title. While you spend so much time focusing on Juan, the illegal tomato picker, it's actually Sundar the Google CEO that's working to steal the last shreds of freedom that are left.

He approved of it. https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-at-mar-a-lago

The Trump Organization has won the permission to hire 70 foreign workers to serve as maids, cooks and servers for the 2017-2018 tourist season, according to data from the U.S. Labor Department.

The Palm Beach Post reported Friday that Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla., won the permission after first applying for the H-2B visas in July. The request was originally filed during Trump's "Made In America" week at the White House.

Palm Beach's unemployment rate currently sits at 3.6 percent. A local job placement agency told the Post that there are plenty of local workers who would be eager to fill the positions.

"We currently have 5,136 qualified candidates in Palm Beach County for various hospitality positions listed in the Employ Florida state jobs database," CareerSource spokesman Tom Veenstra said Friday.

The number of foreign workers hired by Mar-a-Lago is a slight increase from the 2016-2017 season, when the resort hired 64 foreign workers using H-2B visas. Trump defended the practice during a GOP primary debate in March of last year.

It’s very, very hard to get people,” Trump said. “Other hotels do the exact same thing.”

In September 2016, Trump told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that "getting help in Palm Beach during the season is almost impossible."

To get the visas, employers must typically first establish that there are not enough American workers able or willing to fill the temporary positions in order to qualify for H-2B classification.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good luck. Maybe reread the thread title. While you spend so much time focusing on Juan, the illegal tomato picker, it's actually Sundar the Google CEO that's working to steal the last shreds of freedom that are left.
    I focus on all of them and Trump says a lot of different things.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I focus on all of them and Trump says a lot of different things.
    You focus on the bits you agree with and ignore the ones where he contradicts you. Trump plays both sides of many issues and often changes his opinion or contradicts what he said previously.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He explained it, that doesn't mean he made the decision.
    There is also a difference between taking advantage of the current legal work permit rules and endorsing them.

Trump has said pro-immigration things but he has also said anti-immigration things and his policies have been far more anti-immigrant than pro-immigrant.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You focus on the bits you agree with and ignore the ones where he contradicts you. Trump plays both sides of many issues and often changes his opinion or contradicts what he said previously.
    I focus on what he does and I am always open to someone even better.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Illegal immigrants are not free people.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Illegal immigrants are not free people.
    They are not, they are fugitive invaders.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL back at you, Trump is not personally responsible for the actions of his many employees in his vast empire.
    This is hilarious. That's not illegal, like that matters to people who want to end immigration. He didn't personally do it, like anyone who worked for him would if the issue actually was important to him.

Keep making excuses. We still told y'all so.

Are you people going to make excuses for him for damned near a decade the way Nixon Law And Order (TM) voters did?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Only Q or a civil war will save us

This is hilarious. That's not illegal, like that matters to people who want to end immigration. He didn't personally do it, like anyone who worked for him would if the issue actually was important to him.

Are you people going to make excuses for him for damned near a decade the way Nixon Law And Order (TM) voters did?
    He has done the most to fight illegal immigration and limit legal immigration of any President in a very long time, I'll take someone better if they come along but he will do for now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump is our president, is he even allowed to attend board meetings of his companies while he is in office?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Trump is our president, is he even allowed to attend board meetings of his companies while he is in office?
    Technically, his kids are now in charge but you can be sure they are still reporting to their dad.

Trump stated that he was basically screwing himself if I remember right as relates to his tax ideas, you realize
    that some policies are not enacted just for self , right?

Technically, his kids are now in charge but you can be sure they are still reporting to their dad.
    My guess that if the press caught him talking about any manor or business or minutia at his company, it would
    the end of the world , and CNN's 24/7 story for months on end.

I'm fine with Trump's company hiring practices, do you think any of his employees are terrorist,
    disease ridden felons, rapists , murderers , drug dealers.......

Trump stated that he was basically screwing himself if I remember right as relates to his tax ideas, you realize
    that some policies are not enacted just for self , right?
    We don't know what if anything he paid in taxes since he refused to release them, but Trump would benefit from many of the provisions of the new tax law.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...vings-analysis

Trump will personally save up to $15m under tax bill, analysis finds

Donald Trump and six members of his inner circle will be big winners of the Republicans’ vast tax overhaul, with the president personally benefiting from a tax cut of up to $15m a year, research shows.

The US president chalked up his first big legislative win on Wednesday with the $1.5tn bill, the most sweeping revamp of the tax code in three decades, slashing taxes for corporations and the wealthy and dealing the heaviest blow yet to Obamacare.

But analysis by a leading Washington thinktank, the Center for American Progress (CAP), finds that changes to business rules will save Trump roughly $11m to $15m per year, while an amendment to the estate tax – the tax on the transfer of an estate of a deceased person – would potentially save his heirs $4.5m.

Under current law, the first $11.2m of a couple’s estate’s value is excluded from taxation, and any amount above this is taxed at a 40% rate. The new bill doubles the exemption to $22.4m.

Along with Trump himself, Wilbur Ross, the commerce secretary; Linda McMahon, administrator of the Small Business Administration; Betsy DeVos, the education secretary; Steven Mnuchin, the treasury secretary; and Rex Tillerson, the secretary of state, will benefit to the tune of $4.5m from changes to the estate tax, according to the CAP.

More than 90% of businesses in the US are “pass-through businesses”, meaning their income passes through to the owners’ individual tax returns, where it is taxed at ordinary income tax rates, instead of being filed on a separate business return like a corporation. The sweeping tax bill cuts the top rate on “qualified” pass-through business income from 39.6% under current law to 29.6%.

Assuming the full benefit of this, the CAP roughly estimates a tax cut of $11m to $15m for Trump (based on an estimate of $150m of passthrough income from reviewing his financial disclosure, and the $109m in real estate/pass-through income on his 2005 tax return); $5m to $12m for Jared Kushner, White House senior adviser and Trump’s son-in-law; and $2.7m for Betsy DeVos, the education secretary.

The bill that passed the Senate had a “guardrail” that prevented businesses with too few employees from claiming the full benefit of the deduction, the CAP noted. But at the last minute, a special exception was added that is especially beneficial to real estate firms.

In addition, the biggest element of the tax bill benefitting the wealthy is the corporate tax cut. Again, members of Trump’s cabinet have substantial corporate stock holdings and will be among the winners. The CAP did not try to estimate this because it is hard to quantify the tax cut for any one corporation.

Seth Hanlon, a senior fellow at the thinktank, said: “I think that the American people, whether they receive a tax increase or tax cut from this bill, are outraged that President Trump, his cabinet, and members of Congress stand to receive big payouts from this tax bill. The extent of the self-dealing became especially apparent when a last-minute provision benefitting the real estate industry was inserted at the last minute.”

Hanlon added: “Trump, of course, promised to release his tax returns, like every president since the 1970s, but has brazenly gone back on his word. Congress has the full power to obtain and release Trump’s tax returns, but the Republican majority has buried its head in the sand.

“Still, there is no doubt that Trump is getting major new tax cuts from this bill – at the same time as it preserves special loopholes, like the deductions Trump reportedly takes on his golf courses. These are just one illustration of the venality and corruption behind this bill.”

Despite White House promises that the tax overhaul would focus on the middle class, the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, a thinktank in Washington, estimates that middle-income households will see an average tax cut of $900 next year under the bill, while the wealthiest 1% will enjoy an average cut of $51,000.

TJ Helmstetter, communications director of Americans For Tax Fairness, said: “This is not tax reform, it’s a money grab by the ultra-wealthy, including the multimillionaires in Congress and Trump’s own cabinet, who will benefit. When all is said and done, over 80% of the tax cuts will wind up in the pockets of the top 1%. Meanwhile, all of this will be paid for by the middle class and families who are struggling to get by.”

My guess that if the press caught him talking about any manor or business or minutia at his company, it would
    the end of the world , and CNN's 24/7 story for months on end.

I'm fine with Trump's company hiring practices, do you think any of his employees are terrorist,
    disease ridden felons, rapists , murderers , drug dealers.
    Most immigrants (legal or not) and citizens do not fit in those categories anyways. But it doesn't look good when you criticize immigrants and proceed to hire them yourself (he has hired legal and illegal immigrants at his companies).

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

It is.
    I have never once counted that high. In my life.

Even going by fives, my feeling is that would take a really long time.

We in America now live in a country where a solid third have nothing whatsoever to do with the country and just showed up in the last sixty years to take advantage of the gibs. And maybe a majority if you count all the slightly-earlier-descending locusts and parasites like SuperEro and his ilky kin.

You can’t have a society like this. The Romans figured that out. We have no need whatsoever to, as devil21 said, repeat it.

The native socialists will have to be separated into their own territory, driven out or killed when the crisis blossoms, which one will depend on them.
    The government will favor the socialists - I'm thinking it will be us who are driven out and killed. Certainly not without a fight, but when that day comes, I don't expect the governments guns to be within our ranks.

Just look at the civil war - forget about slavery for a moment - the Northern states elected Lincoln, as they were levying tariffs on imports. The southern states had been disproportionately burdened with paying these "taxes", and wanted to secede. So how did they fare?

You've got 1/2 the country receiving benefits from a corrupt government, who will make damn sure you don't leave with "their" tax money. The soviets have the same story. Why do you think they're trying to victimize everyone? Their building all these victim classes, that will ultimately use the federal government to pillage the rest of us.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most immigrants (legal or not) and citizens do not fit in those categories anyways. But it doesn't look good when you criticize immigrants and proceed to hire them yourself (he has hired legal and illegal immigrants at his companies).
    Tell that to the parents of the sons and daughters that have been raped, killed or both by illegals.
    ''They are not sending us their best''
    Do you have a link to Trump criticizing Legal Immigrants?

Donald Trump personally hired an illegal, right zippy...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast