Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 54

Thread: Ginsburg makes 1st public appearance since cancer surgery

  1. #1

    Exclamation Ginsburg makes 1st public appearance since cancer surgery

    Ginsburg makes 1st public appearance since cancer surgery

    https://www.apnews.com/b94fea4b4a2a408fabcf756da790ff27

    By MARK SHERMAN

    WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is making her first public appearance since undergoing lung cancer surgery in December.

    The 85-year-old Ginsburg is attending a concert at a museum a few blocks from the White House that is being given by her daughter-in-law and other musicians. Patrice Michaels is married to Ginsburg’s son, James. Michaels is a soprano and composer.

    The concert is dedicated to Ginsburg’s life in the law.

    Ginsburg had surgery in New York on Dec. 21. She missed arguments at the court in January, her first illness-related absence in more than 25 years as a justice.

    She has been recuperating at her home in Washington since late December.

    Ginsburg had two previous bouts with cancer. She had colorectal cancer in 1999 and pancreatic cancer in 2009.

    The justice sat in the back of the darkened auditorium at the National Museum of Women in the Arts.

    The National Constitution Center, which sponsored the concert, did not permit photography.


    James Ginsburg said before the concert that his mother is walking a mile a day and meeting with her personal trainer twice a week.

    The performance concluded with a song set to Ginsburg’s answers to questions.

    In introducing the last song, Michaels said, “bring our show to a close, but not the epic and notorious story of RBG.”



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    James Ginsburg said before the concert that his mother is walking a mile a day and meeting with her personal trainer twice a week
    Bull$#@!.

    The paparazzo would have a million pics of her by now.

  4. #3
    I want prominent opposition figures like Rand to see her in person.

    She is DEAD.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  5. #4

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Bull$#@!.

    The paparazzo would have a million pics of her by now.
    I agree .
    Do something Danke

  7. #6
    I'm pretty sure that Ginsburg is a double.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  8. #7
    She'll be jogging with her personal trainer Rene Boucher soon.
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 02-05-2019 at 12:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

  9. #8
    Despite reportedly "walking a mile a day" and making her first appearance on Monday since undergoing lung cancer surgery in December, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will skip President Trump's State of the Union Address Tuesday night.

    According to the Washington Post, Ginsburg, 85, attended a Monday night production of "Notorious RBG in Song" at the National Museum of Women in the Arts in Washington.

    While pictures of Ginsburg's attendance have yet to emerge, the Post writes that she sat in the back, "did not speak, and many in the crowd did not know she was there."
    Ginsburg's daughter-in-law, soprano Patrice Michaels, did not announce her presence.
    While Ginsburg can point to last year's decision no to attend, many are now openly calling for "proof of life," as the oldest justice on the Supreme Court has failed to attend oral arguments since the beginning of January - and skipped an appearance scheduled for January 29.
    It seems odd that she would pull out of the event despite her son telling Monday night's audience she's allegedly walking a mile per day and meeting with a personal trainer twice a week. Until she makes some sort of an appearance and can - at minimum, prove she is of sound mind, questions will remain over the health of the "Notorious RBG."
    This is what I've said. Anything short of a visual and vocal interactive at this point proves nothing. https://t.co/1INWBvqoTd
    — Keith Barrett (@KeithBarrett) February 5, 2019


    More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...blic-apperance
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post



    She was MIA at the SOTU tonight.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

  12. #10
    IDK if she's dead or not but she's definitely not fulfilling her duty on SCOTUS. She should be retired/resigned out and replaced even if bodily alive. It's pretty ridiculous for an 85 year old in obviously quickly deteriorating status to still be considered someone capable of mentally processing court cases.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    IDK if she's dead or not but she's definitely not fulfilling her duty on SCOTUS. She should be retired/resigned out and replaced even if bodily alive. It's pretty ridiculous for an 85 year old in obviously quickly deteriorating status to still be considered someone capable of mentally processing court cases.
    If it goes on much longer Trump should add 2 more Justices to counter the charade.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  14. #12
    https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/statu...28568788463618


    https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/statu...32142905978880
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  15. #13
    Maybe Ginsberg was there in spirit?

    Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"



  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Maybe Ginsberg was there in spirit?


    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post



    This is one where I prefer the emperor image to the real deal...



    Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"



  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    This is one where I prefer the emperor image to the real deal...



    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Hurry up and keel over, lady. There's a Skull and Bones judge ready to take your place.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Maybe Ginsberg was there in spirit?
    Nah shes too busy suffering in hell.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  22. #19
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  23. #20
    Of course she wasn't at the SOTU either. Had to make it so half the judges show up.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  24. #21
    If Ginsberg is dead, and Trump gets another pick, it should be very interesting times indeed.

    https://thinkprogress.org/the-suprem...-b7ef602b0da7/

    Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"



  25. #22
    So this guy has a job writing narrative articles for a corporate media entity.

    Maybe he's one of those "Guardians of Truth" I've heard about ...
    "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." -- George Santayana (paraphrase)

    "Those who do learn from history are doomed to repeat it, too - because they unwisely think that what they've learned makes them clever enough to get away with it this time." -- Occam's Banana



    MOFA - Make Orwell Fiction Again

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    So this guy has a job writing narrative articles for a corporate media entity.

    Maybe he's one of those "Guardians of Truth" I've heard about ...
    He is one of those charged with supplying the bodyguard of lies.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    If Ginsberg is dead, and Trump gets another pick, it should be very interesting times indeed.

    https://thinkprogress.org/the-suprem...-b7ef602b0da7/
    ThinkProgress: "The Supreme Court just placed Roe v. Wade on life support" ... I suppose that's their idea of being "funny" ...
    "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." -- George Santayana (paraphrase)

    "Those who do learn from history are doomed to repeat it, too - because they unwisely think that what they've learned makes them clever enough to get away with it this time." -- Occam's Banana



    MOFA - Make Orwell Fiction Again



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Supporting Member
    Virgin Islands
    Mach's Avatar


    Posts
    3,335
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    It's obvious, she's not doing well, if at all.

    And as long as her people keep playing these behind the back games it's only going to make her look even more ridiculous. They are conniving behind the scenes and trying to set up some kind of alternate strategies, before they go public... yes, they are conniving.
    The common thread to the paradoxes that we encounter daily is the inconsistency of progressivism itself — or rather its ad hoc adoption of any means necessary to be justified by an anointed end, which is the quest for power and control.
    - Victor Davis Hanson
    ~

  30. #26
    Supporting Member
    Virgin Islands
    Mach's Avatar


    Posts
    3,335
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last edited by Mach; 02-08-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    The common thread to the paradoxes that we encounter daily is the inconsistency of progressivism itself — or rather its ad hoc adoption of any means necessary to be justified by an anointed end, which is the quest for power and control.
    - Victor Davis Hanson
    ~

  31. #27
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing


    Posts
    954
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    IDK if she's dead or not but she's definitely not fulfilling her duty on SCOTUS. She should be retired/resigned out and replaced even if bodily alive. It's pretty ridiculous for an 85 year old in obviously quickly deteriorating status to still be considered someone capable of mentally processing court cases.
    I also can't say for sure. Obviously the media lies to the people constantly and holds them in contempt, but this is kind of a risky lie it seems to me. The WaPo guy tweeted out very unambiguously he saw her. "#SawHerWithMyOwnEyes" and all that. And so that would be the end of his career. And then all the other journalists in attendance piled on backing him up. "Oh yeah, I totally saw her there, too. #SawHerWithMyOwnEyes" So that's an unusually big bunch of sacrificial fall guys if there's any chance it could come out later that "Oh, she's been dead. Whoopsies."

    So the people choreographing these things apparently do not see any chance of that ever coming out. Whether it's true or not is another question, but one you and I will never be able to answer, if they're right.

    One likely scenario is:

    1. She had a surgery that would normally have killed someone her age.
    2. There were complications.
    3. They didn't want those complications made public, and so sent out the black-out order to all media.
    4. The situation is now stable and could continue like this indefinitely. No one is making any ruckus about her voting on cases without ever going to the hearings (which prior to now has always been illegal), and so presumably she will just be able to keep doing that for years or decades, whether dead, in a coma, or just in really sad shape (either mentally or physically incapacitated).

    So in that scenario, which seems to be the situation we are in, she may or may not have actually attended the play beatifying her and it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that the Cabal is not facing any opposition they deem to be a threat on this front, and so will continue with this new status quo for as long as it suits them.

    I personally see this new status quo -- where judges no longer have to show up at all and we all must just accept the validity of the rulings that are being mailed in by whomever, or whatever, from wherever -- as pretty bizarre. But then, a lot of the things going on in our so-called "society" are bizarre. So... par for course.

  32. #28
    How is she still voting and how long will the media (including conservative/Trump based news) pretend that this is all good? And where are the attacks on the obvious unconstitutionality of having a branch of government being hijacked by unseen/unknown people in order to place votes in her absence?

    Nowhere to be found except in tiny chat communities like this board. This is yet another sign or symptom in a long list that spans well over 1,000 reasons long that this constitution and this republic are clearly finished and we are living in a post-constitutional banana republic under the guise that all is well.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post
    I also can't say for sure. Obviously the media lies to the people constantly and holds them in contempt, but this is kind of a risky lie it seems to me. The WaPo guy tweeted out very unambiguously he saw her. "#SawHerWithMyOwnEyes" and all that. And so that would be the end of his career. And then all the other journalists in attendance piled on backing him up. "Oh yeah, I totally saw her there, too. #SawHerWithMyOwnEyes" So that's an unusually big bunch of sacrificial fall guys if there's any chance it could come out later that "Oh, she's been dead. Whoopsies."

    So the people choreographing these things apparently do not see any chance of that ever coming out. Whether it's true or not is another question, but one you and I will never be able to answer, if they're right.

    One likely scenario is:

    1. She had a surgery that would normally have killed someone her age.
    2. There were complications.
    3. They didn't want those complications made public, and so sent out the black-out order to all media.
    4. The situation is now stable and could continue like this indefinitely. No one is making any ruckus about her voting on cases without ever going to the hearings (which prior to now has always been illegal), and so presumably she will just be able to keep doing that for years or decades, whether dead, in a coma, or just in really sad shape (either mentally or physically incapacitated).

    So in that scenario, which seems to be the situation we are in, she may or may not have actually attended the play beatifying her and it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that the Cabal is not facing any opposition they deem to be a threat on this front, and so will continue with this new status quo for as long as it suits them.

    I personally see this new status quo -- where judges no longer have to show up at all and we all must just accept the validity of the rulings that are being mailed in by whomever, or whatever, from wherever -- as pretty bizarre. But then, a lot of the things going on in our so-called "society" are bizarre. So... par for course.
    Interesting viewpoint. I have thought for a while that, by and large, SCOTUS justices were window dressing while it's the law clerks that do the real work and take the orders from TPTB as to how the justices "vote". When you consider that both "liberal" and "conservative" judges received their judicial training at the same elites schools, from the same instructors and mentors, it seems ridiculous that there would be much in the way of ideological differences in administering the federal judiciary. Allowing this sort of Weekend at Ginsburg's scenario removes even the appearance of a justice actually making decisions.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  34. #30
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing


    Posts
    954
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Interesting viewpoint. I have thought for a while that, by and large, SCOTUS justices were window dressing while it's the law clerks that do the real work and take the orders from TPTB as to how the justices "vote". When you consider that both "liberal" and "conservative" judges received their judicial training at the same elites schools, from the same instructors and mentors, it seems ridiculous that there would be much in the way of ideological differences in administering the federal judiciary. Allowing this sort of Weekend at Ginsburg's scenario removes even the appearance of a justice actually making decisions.
    You'd think somebody would be more concerned with optics. Optics is, like, really, really important stuff. It couldn't be all that hard to just find a double, and none of us would have been any the wiser. But, there just may only be so much competence to go around. Rationing. I certainly observe the effects of the talent shortage we're in all the time, just in day-to-day life. IQ is plummeting. It's nice to think that this brain famine could be affecting the logistics and staffing of the Cabal's operations as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Supreme Court's Ginsburg hospitalized with pancreatic cancer
    By angelatc in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-01-2018, 07:20 AM
  2. Mystery Republican Makes Appearance...
    By dusman in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 09:58 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 09:39 AM
  4. Justice Ginsburg has pancreatic cancer surgery
    By Dojo in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 04:07 PM
  5. Ginsburg Has Cancer:
    By angelatc in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 12:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •