Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dem Candidate Williamson Wants 100 billion gifted to blacks , Reparartions.

Dem Candidate Williamson Wants 100 billion gifted to blacks , Reparartions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Marianne Williamson is not asking for reparations from Africa, the
    country that invented selling Africans into American Slavery.

God, another self loathing guilt ridden white $#@!.

Not a $#@!ing dime sweetcheeks.

That bill was already paid, in 1865, in blood, by my family.

$#@! you...come and take it...I $#@!ing dare you.

Love, Reparations, and Fighting Back: A Marianne Williamson Iowa Tour

https://iowastartingline.com/2019/02...son-iowa-tour/

February 3, 2019

She’s the presidential candidate that you may not have heard about, but millions of others outside the usual political circles have. Marianne Williamson, who has over 2.6 million Twitter followers, a collection of best-selling books, and frequent guest appearances on shows like Oprah’s, crisscrossed Iowa this week as part of her official White House run kick-off tour.

The author of many spiritual and self-help books like A Return To Love, Williamson knows her candidacy doesn’t follow the traditional route, but in a wide-open year like 2020, that’s not deterring anyone.

“I know there will be 1,736 people who will be running for the Democratic presidential nomination, and I’m just honored to be one of them,” she joked in Iowa City.

She also believes it’s exactly someone outside of the regular political establishment that can break through this year.

“The election of Donald Trump proves that people’s feelings really do matter,” Williamson said. “The fact that both political establishments on the left and the right were gobsmacked by his election proves my point. They were not seeing anything beneath the waterline … The chronic economic despair of millions of Americans was going to make itself heard. It was going to make itself heard either in a populism that was progressive or a populism that was authoritarianism.”

Subzero temperatures kept some away from her evening kick-off in Des Moines on Thursday, but as the weather warmed, so too did the crowds. Over 100 people packed in to Iowa City’s Prairie Lights Books on Saturday to listen to Williamson’s presentation. She also held a series of house parties during her three-day trip.

Williamson’s stump speech isn’t your usual Iowa Caucus fare, but it is engaging. Part sermon, part history lesson, part rally cry, Williamson typically starts out with a 30,000-foot view of where American democracy and culture currently stand. Asserting that America now functions as a “corporatocracy or an oligarchy,” she lays out how the country has drifted toward authoritarianism before positioning the people – and herself – as the solution to fight back.

“The American spirit is to push back. That’s why we have child labor laws. That’s why we have labor unions. That’s why we have Glass-Steagall,” Williamson said. “We are not the first generation to have to deal with forces that would undermine everything our democracy is to stand for, let’s just make sure we’re not the first generation to wimp out.”

Describing herself as a “pretty straight-line progressive democrat,” Williamson ticked off a host of policy priorities, though didn’t go too deep into them during her stump speech. Those issues include a $15/hour minimum wage, universal healthcare, wealth inequality, climate change, and student loan debt.

One topic she expands on is one that’s gotten her some national attention in recent days: reparations for slavery. She suggests the federal government pay anywhere between $100 billion and $200 billion to descendants of slaves.

“People tell me you can’t talk about reparations for slavery in Iowa,” Williamson noted. “Well, watch me, and, by the way, you applauded.”

Other issues get touched on as well, from reducing America’s number of nuclear bombers, to putting preschool teachers on economic councils, to institutional racism, to increased funding for the State Department.

All of it largely tied back to Williamson’s bigger vision of kicking off a revolution based on love to change American government and society.

“There has to be a radical disruption. Love is radical. Democracy is radical,” she closed her speech in Iowa City with. “The worst of who we are has been harnessed for political purposes. We now need to harness the best of who we are for political purposes.”

While it’s still plenty early in the caucus process, there were a good number of Williamson fans at her kick-off.

“It’s really the philosophy that she represents,” Blake Long, who attended the Des Moines event and was already familiar with her books, explained. Long said Americans need to learn to be more respectful of each other, and that Williamson fits that bill.

“I’m with her ‘til the end,” added Jake McCoy. “The way she articulates every issue, it’s something to aspire to.”

How much broader attention Williamson will attract during her run is yet to be seen, though she starts off with a loyal following. Some volunteers from Fairfield, home to many people who follow the mindfulness way of life that Williamson promotes, came along to help.

“I’m not speaking to the young in you, the old in you, the black in you, the white in you, the gay in you, the straight in you, I’m talking to the American in you,” Williamson told Starting Line. “And I know that there’s a listening for that, I know that there’s a space for that. Whether there’s a constituency for that remains to be seen.”

Another white guilt piece of trash.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    God, another self loathing guilt ridden white $#@!.

Not a $#@!ing dime sweetcheeks.

That bill was already paid, in 1865, in blood, by my family.

$#@! you...come and take it...I $#@!ing dare you.
    Mine, too. White male patriarchy vs. white male patriarchy ended slavery, gave woemenz property and voting rights. Brought about equality. Do we get credit? Hell, no. Everything about us is toxic. Especially in the re-writing of history.

They have been getting it from me for a long time already.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    O'k. I'll solve this. Her reference point is the "mule and 40 acres." Easily solved.

There are currently 38 million (as of 2010) or so blacks in America. 38 million times 40 (acres) equals 1.5 billion acres. The U.S. "owns" 2.3 billion acres. So grant 1.5 billion acres. It might not be in Chicago, it might not be in L.A. Might be in Nevada or Alaska. No one ever said which acres would be granted and where. If we sell off the rest of those acres we can cover mule costs and we can put all this behind us.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-04-2019 at 08:00 PM.

If my math is correct, with a $10 billion a year payment and with about 40 million African Americans in the country, it would come down a yearly $250 cheque or $10 every 2 weeks. At first I was thinking, maybe this isn't such a bad idea because I for some reason was thinking it would be about $250k a year but $250 is nothing. If anything, I would pay her $250 for her not to insult me with the puny payout. I didn't know u could buy 40 acres and a mule with $2500(full payout)

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    O'k. I'll solve this. Her reference point is the "mule and 40 acres." Easily solved.

There are currently 38 million (as of 2010) or so blacks in America. 38 million times 40 (acres) equals 1.5 billion acres. The U.S. "owns" 2.3 billion acres. So grant 1.5 billion acres. It might not be in Chicago, it might not be in L.A. Might be in Nevada or Alaska. No one ever said which acres would be granted and where. If we sell off the rest of those acres we can cover mule costs and we can put all this behind us.
    You need to change your name to Phill4prez cos you are beginning to speak truth to power. Preach my white brother

Sort of like a reservation for the black folks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Sort of like a reservation for the black folks?
    No. They own 40 acres. Do with it what they please.

Screw that. Buy some in northern Canada.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Screw that. Buy some in northern Canada.
    Or bring the troops home, blitzkrieg down to the Panama canal and build a 50 mile southern border. Plenty of space for 40 acre lots.

$#@! that.

How many acres in Liberia?

Let 'em carry their asses back to mother Africa.

Take the self hating white $#@!s with them.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! that.

No Reparations without Relocation!

If they want the legacy of slavery to be erased then they have to go where they would have been if it had never happened.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

$#@! that.

I don't think you are getting my picture when it comes to re-Settlement.

The divide works fine by me.

Back to Africa, that's where they would have been without slavery.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Back to Africa, that's where they would have been without slavery.
    So... we buy 40 acres of land for each black of African decent in Africa? How much would that cost? There's government land right here to be afforded. Propecia and Abilify and Mifepristone can go settle it. With a mule. Just what their ancestors were promised.

In exchange, give up all government assistance.

So... we buy 40 acres of land for each black of African decent in Africa? How much would that cost? There's government land right here to be afforded. Propecia and Abilify and Mifepristone can go settle it. With a mule. Just what their ancestors were promised.

In exchange, give up all government assistance.
    And then they get to stay here and vote for Demoncrats who will restore their welfare.

BACK TO AFRICA!
    NO REPARATIONS WITHOUT RELOCATION!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL...got it.

And then they get to stay here and vote for Demoncrats who will restore their welfare.

BACK TO AFRICA!
    NO REPARATIONS WITHOUT RELOCATION!
    No. Gott, Damnit. Send a PM to AF. He gets it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will.

You can't PM me with the secret?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I will.

You can't PM me with the secret?
    I just figured you'd figure it out on your own. It was tongue-in-cheek. But, look at the map. re-Settle all blacks of African decent west to that divide. Draw a line down from N.D. to N.M. and call it a day. CA, WA, OR and CO are as left as it gets. Others soon to follow. 40 acres and mule. A Democracy, if they can keep it.

I just figured you'd figure it out on your own. It was tongue-in-cheek. But, look at the map. re-Settle all blacks of African decent west to that divide. Draw a line down from N.D. to N.M. and call it a day. CA, WA, OR and CO are as left as it gets. Others soon to follow. 40 acres and mule. A Democracy, if they can keep it.
    Those of us who live in western states would have to move if you are proposing a separation.

I'd rather send any of them that sign up for reparations back to Africa.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Those of us who live in western states would have to move if you are proposing a separation.

I'd rather send any of them that sign up for reparations back to Africa.
    You're gonna have to make a sacrifice. AF and I will help you out. Other wise stay there and get eaten anyway. As all of us will eventually unless a divide is created and the Federal Government is dissolved.

Wikipedia didn’t have much on her campaign positions. It seems she is some kind of new age “everything is about feelings and all you need is love and no-religion spirituality“. She puts herself out there as an expert on love and relationships, but it sounds like she only married once, briefly. Guess that makes her an expert.

Political positions

Racial reconciliation

Williamson has been a public advocate in the arenas of racial justice and race relations. She is known for leading public apologies for slavery and has encouraged paying reparations for slavery.[48][49] Williamson has also worked in support of reforming the criminal justice system.[50]

Immigration

Williamson advocates for an open border immigration policy, stating that as long as individuals are vetted, they should be allowed to move to the United States.[51]

Personal life

Williamson is Jewish, and was briefly married.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marianne_Williamson
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I get it.

BUT remember- most of the BS the country is suffering from is rooted in the NE- and still is. I'll take the west any day- pretty sure the urban/country people in the west would stand up & shoot straight if this split happened.
    There is no spoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast