Thread: Tennesee Children’s Home Society

Tennesee Children’s Home Society

I was watching Unsolved Mysteries a while back and saw this:
    The Tennessee Children’s Home Society dedicated itself to finding new homes for children, whether they liked it or not. Led by a woman named Georgia Tann, the Tennessee Children’s Home Society would sell children, especially white babies with blonde hair and blue eyes.
    How long could one expect to sell babies before getting caught? A year, maybe? Perhaps even three?
    Try twenty-six. From 1924 to 1950, Tann and the Tennessee Children’s Home Society sold white babies on the black market. In nearly three decades, an estimated 5,000 children were nabbed and sold to new families…
    When complaints were made to the police, Tann’s friendship with powerful tycoon and occasional mayor E.H. Crump ensured the complaints would be ignored. Heck, sometimes the police were helping her nab kids.
    Tann didn’t just settle for stealing from low-income families. She was quick to pick up newborns from prisons and mental wards. Even babies born in hospitals weren’t safe. She would bribe nurses and doctors in birthing wards to snatch up a few infants for her. Said nurses and doctors would then tell the parents that their child was stillborn…
    In the 26 years that Tann and the Tennessee Children’s Home Society were in business, it’s estimated that around 500 kids died at the hands of Tann, either through poor care suspected abuse…
    The scheme entered its twilight days when Gordon Browning, a political enemy of Tann’s friend Crump, was elected mayor. He soon caught wind of the whole “selling babies” racket and launched an investigation… Tann died of cancer a few days later in one of the world’s worst coincidences. Two months later, the Tennessee Children’s Home Society shut down.
    It wasn’t just the mayor, there was also a judge who spent her time adjudicating the children orphans, even as the parent’s who tracked their children down tried to fight it.
    So basically you had some woman in Tennessee traveling back and forth between NY and LA, kidnapping children off the street and bringing them to Tennessee. There a Judge who was in on the deal would declare them orphans so many could be adopted out for money to the elite families she was plugged into. And of course she was protected by the highest ranking political officer in the area. She got fabulously wealthy off of it, but when word broke out she died of cancer immediately before anyone could question her, and the judge and Mayor walked away with no investigation or punishment. Where do you think her riches ended up?
    We have seen these themes before. And of course there were the 500 kids who died and were buried just on her property. If she moved 5,000 kids, that means one in ten of the children she encountered died. What were their causes of death? Was there any investigation into that? Apparently not.
    And that was just one operation in one city that moved 5,000 kids into the ether, with no paperwork or records. Looking into that, I saw there was the “Orphan Train”:
    Before there was modern-day adoption, there was the Orphan Train, which transported kids around the country and into the arms of families more often looking for laborers than children…
    It was never supposed to be a child’s worst fear. But for the 200,000 children that stepped off the tracks onto foreign ground and into strangers arms, that’s exactly what it became…
    Along the way, Smith had offered up two of the children aboard the train to men in a riverboat, who claimed to be looking to adopt. Another boy had been picked up in Albany, claiming to be an orphan, though that was never verified…
    Out of the 45 children who arrived on the Orphan Train, only eight were left by the end of the day. Those eight were sent alone on a train to Iowa, where they were placed in a local orphanage. The reverend who ran the orphanage claimed they were adopted, though no records exist to prove it.
    Over the next 75 years, more than 200,000 children were moved from New York City to towns not only across the Midwest but in Canada and Mexico as well…
    Though the trains were called “Orphan Trains,” many of the children weren’t orphans at all – at least 25 percent of them had two living parents still in the city.
    On top of that, most of the children who found themselves on the train were forced apart from any siblings or friends that they were traveling with. If a family at the train’s destination only wanted one child, they didn’t take into account the fact that the child had living relatives, sometimes sitting right next to them.
    Does anyone really believe kids were adopted into Mexico, and third world where they didn’t speak the language, for their own good? Did the adoption agents even speak Spanish? How were those deals arranged back then given the language barrier?
    Of course, it is worth noting today that in America today, 800,000 children are reported missing each year in the United States – roughly 2,000 per day. From here:
    of the 797,500 children reported missing in a one-year period, 203,900 were abducted by family members and 58,200 were abducted by non-relatives. One-hundred and fifteen were classified as being taken by a stranger.
    That leaves 535,285 children who were reported missing, but who were not taken my a relative, a non-relative, or a stranger. The article completely ignores the discrepancy in the math, and does not bother to resolve the status of those remaining half a million cases.

More at: https://www.anonymousconservative.co...-home-society/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This Is why I took Danke in . I was afraid he would end up with democrats or other vile creatures.
    Do something Danke

This is s huge disgrace. My mother in-law grew up in a children’s home and I think she was fortunate to be in Nashville, not Memphis. I’m sure these atrocities were carried out in many places. There are rooms full of documentation of awful things perpetuated against children and people with challenges. This is why we need to accept responsibility for the community around us. Be personally invested in the well being of others.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    This Is why I took Danke in . I was afraid he would end up with democrats or other vile creatures.
    And then he ended up in the Air Farce and now United Airlines, it could have been worse but it must have been a disappointment.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And then he ended up in the Air Farce and now United Airlines, it could have been worse but it must have been a disappointment.
    It is a little disappointing but maybe he will make up for later .
    Do something Danke