Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: American anarchist 'John Galton' shot dead in Acapulco

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

'Drug friendly haven.' Yes, that haven killed him.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    If your gut reaction isn't that a drug cartel killed him based on this story, you should never trust your gut.

Who do you think killed him? Richard Nixon?
    Who do you think supports the cartels. Clue: It ain't Nixon.
    There is no spoon.

“After the first Anarchapulco, quite a few people moved down there, which became the core of this community. They were a mix of varying idealists, anarchists, heavily into drugs and partying and all that. That was the core of the group,” Mike said. “You don’t get a particularly nice, functioning community. Over time, the community’s broken up and splintered off about a dozen times.”

Mike said he grew worried about his physical safety. The city was notorious for murders; armed robbery and cartel extortion were a fact of life, he said. But Berwick and others make frequent reference to the ease of living in the city.

“At one point quite a large crowd came, but they were extremely naive,” Mike said. “Jeff was always saying publicly that Acapulco’s not dangerous, that you can do anything, nothing will happen to you. People believed him.”

LOL

When asked about the high crime rates in Acapulco, the blue-eyed anarchist with scruffy facial hair said: 'I'd say it's safer than any big city I've lived in in the U.S., like way safer than Chicago or something like that.'

Guerrero state, home to Acapulco, has a murder rate of 64.2 per 100,000 residents, more than two times that of Chicago.
    Last edited by AuH20; 02-08-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Which is supported by the WoD & the alphabets. My first gut reaction is that it ain't the Mexicans that took him down.
    The Mexicans are the spokes of that wheel. Damn right they did.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Is it just me or are the more hedonistic libertarians just lacking street smarts that other libertarians possess? I admire what he was trying to do, but you have to be really naive. First off, your appearance is a dead giveaway, in that you're a first world westerner living in a foreign land. You are a prime target, just from an image standpoint. Then you push your way into their business, without taking the necessary steps for protection? Umm?
    Last edited by AuH20; 02-08-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Could have been a fellow Anarcho-Capitalist....

Galton was part of a small community of fellow anarcho-capitalists formed by Jeff Berwick, who promised a drug-friendly haven and hosts the annual “Anarchapulco” festival. Berwick says Galton and Forester should’ve known what they were getting into.

“They started up a competing conference to Anarchapulco, called Anarchaforko and John continued to be involved in one way or another with the production or sale of plants,” Berwick told The Daily Beast in an email. “Unfortunately, that is the one thing that is very dangerous to do in Mexico as the drug cartels will attack anyone they see as competition and that appears to have happened to John.”
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-g...ullets-instead
    Let’s hope not. That statement is a bit suspicious.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    He wasn't murdered for wanting freedom, he was murdered for fleeing to....
    The young man had plenty of time to eventually get rid of the long hair.
    You called him a "tool", with a picture posted, so your comment was based (at least partly) on his looks:
    Yes or No?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    I am too poor.
    They're anarchists, so probably won't be any security to stop you, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wow. Just saw that article myself. It's worth reading the entire article.

It seems like all of these anarcho-utopia schemes in a foreign nation always end up resulting in scams, fraud or murder.

I had no idea Ron Paul was involved in this "event" and I would advise him to rethink it.
    Ron Paul has gone every year for the past few years. It's in a resort, not in the city itself.

Here's his speech from last year

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    They're anarchists, so probably won't be any security to stop you, am I right?
    This has nothing to do with my ability to afford a trip to Mexico. You are just fussy because my beliefs don’t align with yours, am I right?

You are wrong about security - airport security and customs is not concerned about political beliefs. That’s plenty of security to keep me from going. Like I said, I am too poor to spend a couple grand on something like this anyway.

May you not be as abrasive in the real world.

He was the key note speaker at last years Anarchapulco 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    This has nothing to do with my ability to afford a trip to Mexico. You are just fussy because my beliefs don’t align with yours, am I right?

You are wrong about security - airport security and customs is not concerned about political beliefs. That’s plenty of security to keep me from going. Like I said, I am too poor to spend a couple grand on something like this anyway.

May you not be as abrasive in the real world.
    Lighten up, Sparky. It was a joke.

I don't pay enough attention to you to even know what we disagree on.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Leaving the system is not easy.

If you set up a commune, you will be called a racist child-abusing nutjob.

You will be forced to have mandatory warrantless inspections and buy solar panels. You will not be allowed to have animals or outhouses.

If you live on a sailboat, you cannot have vitamins or fruit or vegetables.

If you stay in society, you can have electricity, water, cars, the Internet, and plentiful cheap or free processed food, but you must be enslaved and lose your privacy forever by being wiretapped, getting a name, SSN, giving a DNA sample, and fingerprints if you want to bank, drive, fly, travel, work, study, get healthcare, or marry.

and they call it "civilization"

i call it perpetual violence
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123