Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Where is the coverage of the MASSIVE Pro-Maduro Rallies in Venezuela?

  1. #1

    Where is the coverage of the MASSIVE Pro-Maduro Rallies in Venezuela?

    British reporter on the ground in video.






    http://evolvepolitics.com/watch-vene...eed-msm-video/
    Last edited by James_Madison_Lives; 02-03-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    His name was Seth Rich.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    This topic deserves at least one comment, so.......

    Iraq Redux: Trump's Venezuela 'Regime Change' Another Pack of Lies

    Written by Daniel McAdams
    Sunday February 3, 2019



    (Note: This is from an RPI exclusive weekly update to our subscribers. Are you subscribed? It's free and we'll never sell/loan your name!)

    It has been just over a week since I last wrote to you, at the time just before Trump's Venezuela regime change operation hit the mainstream media. I warned that his recognition of an unelected politician as president and his dedication to install that politician with violence if necessary would constitute the worst mistake of his presidency.

    Since that time, Trump, through his neocon proxies, has doubled down on his Venezuela regime change plan to the point where the US is seizing Venezuela's assets and channeling millions to the unelected opposition in the hopes that with a US cash infusion Washington's regime change plans can become facts on the ground in the country. Of course for that to happen, it will require massive amounts of bloodshed, as regime neocons are already touting what they claim are opposition supporters on the street as evidence their regime change operation is legitimate and supported by "the people."

    But even if their photos are not manipulated and altered by those forces and institutions working on regime change (like the CIA, which has been dedicated to the overthrow of the Venezuelan government for at least the past 17 years), do thousands of people in the streets constitute a legitimate mandate in the "international rules-based order" so often cited by the interventionists? What of the thousands of us who demonstrated that freezing day in late 2002 against the Bush Administration's march to war in Iraq? So we don't count according to them?

    What about the 2017 "Women's March" against Trump? It was said to be the largest demonstration in US history. Surely the largest demonstration in US history means that Trump's electoral mandate is invalid, no? Because even if Bolton's Tweeted photos from the opposition demonstrations today in Venezuela are not CIA cook-ups, that is exactly what the neocons are claiming: people in the street = overturn elections. I guess we are exempt?

    As a long-time regime-change watcher, I've never seen such a blatant and open US overthrow of a foreign government. Bolton and his neocons obviously feel so confident that they can pull the wool over Trump's eyes that they don't even try to justify their efforts on national security or even "humanitarian" intervention grounds. And they are moving at a frenzied pace, no doubt emboldened by not a whimper of protest from the "opposition" party in Washington, which is in fact just the left wing of the war party.

    The leaders of this regime change have oceans of blood on their hands from all the horrific "liberations" they have pushed in the past, but shockingly no one seems to be asking questions. As neocon Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said: "Now it is time for every other nation to pick a side. No more delays, no more games. Either you stand with the forces of freedom, or you’re in league with Maduro and his mayhem."

    For those who cannot remember recent history, this is a re-statement of the disastrous Bush policy as crafted by the neocons, "Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."

    What will be conveniently lost in the rapid pace of the neocon and media spin machine on Venezuela will be the original legal grounds upon which the US has based its case that opposition politician Juan Guaido is in fact the president of Venezuela. RPI Academic Board Member and long-time regime-change observer John Laughland has written a very important article reminding us that the legal basis of the US (and EU) recognition of Juan Guaido as president of Venezuela is not only a stretch of the Venezuelan constitution: it is a bald-faced lie!

    As Professor Laughland writes:

    The resolution voted by the European Parliament is actually worse than President Trump’s 'recognition' of Guaido on January 23. Four political groups in the European Parliament, acting independently of one another before later agreeing on a common resolution, sat down to formulate their texts, in legal language, which state that Juan Guaido is the legitimate president 'according to Article 233 of the Venezuelan constitution.'
    ...
    No one who has ever read Article 233 of the Venezuelan constitution could possibly conclude that it says anything of the kind.

    On the contrary, Article 233 is precisely what Juan Guaido violated when he performed his little stunt of proclaiming himself president in a public square in Caracas on January 23.

    Most countries’ constitutions have articles like Article 233 of the Constitution of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. It deals with what happens if the president of the Republic does not, or cannot, fulfill his duties.

    It lists six circumstances in which his term can be cut short: if he dies; if he resigns; if he is removed from office by a ruling of the country’s supreme court; if he is proclaimed physically or mentally unfit after a formal medical procedure validated by the National Assembly and by the supreme court; if he abandons his office; or if he is impeached by a popular referendum.

    Not a single one of these conditions has been fulfilled: President Maduro has not resigned; he is not dead or unfit; he has not been impeached by the courts or by the people. Worse, Article 233 goes on to say who takes power if the presidency falls vacant – which it has not – and, guess what? It specifies that it is the vice-president who takes over, in this case Mrs Delcy Rodriguez, not the president of the National Assembly (Guaido).

    The only circumstance in which the president of the National Assembly takes over is if the president has not been inaugurated. As Maduro has been president since 2013, it is impossible to pretend that this is the case. He took the oath of office for his second term on January 10, in front of the president of the Supreme Tribunal of Justice.

    Remember this well, because it is being dumped down the memory hole. The legal basis upon which the US and EU make their regime-change claim is as bogus as Saddam Hussein's "mobile chemical weapons labs." That's why they don't want you to even think about it. Now, it's all about the "crowds."

    The illegality of US claims as justification for recognizing as president an individual who has not earned a single vote to be president is being furiously buried under the new pack of propaganda lies that "the people" are with the opposition in favor of regime change.

    See the bait and switch? It's a little depressing to have to point out yet again that the neocons are lying us into war and the media is going along unquestioningly. You'd think Americans might have learned after Iraq and Libya and Syria and so on and so on.

    They are lying again. And doing it more openly than ever.

    What to do? As 2018 RPI Conference speaker Caitlin Johnstone advises, do not allow yourself to become a Pro Bono CIA Propagandist. As Caitlin says, it may actually be more moral to be the ones sent in with the guns to make "regime change" happen than to be the propagandist who acts as a conveyor belt for regime change propaganda. As she says, "In the end, the one with the gun is just delivering the bullet that was put in the mail by the propagandist."

    Bolton, Pompeo, and Elliot Abrams are playing for keeps in Venezuela, and they have much of the Democratic party "opposition" on their side. They can dial up the violence at will and have demonstrated that they have no concern about international law or the campaign promises of their president (see above). They are also not averse to using outright lies to push their agenda. Truly Trump has lost control of his presidency and into the intellectual void left by Trump's lack of a principled view of the world and the United States' place in it piles in the neoconservatives who have a very good idea what they want to do with the world. They want to burn it down.

    Mark my words: If Bolton and the neocons succeed in "liberating" Venezuela, five years down the road they will be in the same boat as the Ukrainians are five years after their "liberation." Their lives are more miserable and they cannot even get hot water.

    Forget the "people in the street" propaganda. This is a blatant US coup against a sovereign nation. Particularly hypocritical is that while the US has been crippled for two years over unproven allegations of foreign meddling in our elections, all parties in Washington agree in an overt overthrow of the electoral process overseas.

    With this regime change, we can likely stick a fork in Trump. He is totally owned by the neocons. It was fun to think of a non-interventionist in the White House while it lasted.
    Copyright © 2019 by RonPaul Institute. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a live link are given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

  4. #3
    More evidence that we should refuse all immigrants from that country. We definitely don't need them coming here and further infecting our country with their beliefs.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    More evidence that we should refuse all immigrants from that country. We definitely don't need them coming here and further infecting our country with their beliefs.
    I'm trying figure out who to dislike here.

    But I think that is all that really needs to be said.

    +rep

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm trying figure out who to dislike here.

    But I think that is all that really needs to be said.

    +rep
    Easy. Pompeo. Bolton. Pence. Rubio. Abrams.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  7. #6
    Dahlia Wasfi is an Iraqi-American physician and peace activist.

    Born in 1971 in New York to a Jewish-American mother and Muslim Iraqi father, Dr. Wasfi spent part of her early childhood living in Iraq under Saddam Hussein. She returned to the US at age 5, earned her B.A. in Biology from Swarthmore College in 1993 and her medical degree from University of Pennsylvania in 1997.

    Wasfi visited family in Iraq in 2004 and 2006, and, based upon her account of Iraqi civilian life, became an advocate for “immediate, unconditional withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan.” She has testified in the Iraq Forum of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and the Third International Iraq conference in Berlin, as well as many universities in the U.S. and Canada.

    From Dr. Wasfi’s April 27, 2006 address to the Congressional Progressive Caucus:

    “I speak to you today on behalf of relatives on my mother’s side — Ashkenazi Jews who fled their homeland of Austria during Hitler’s Anschluss. It is for them that we say ‘Never again.’ I speak to you today on behalf of relatives on my father’s side, who are not living, but dying, under the occupation of this administration’s deadly foray in Iraq. From the lack of security to the lack of basic supplies to the lack of electricity to the lack of potable water to the lack of jobs to the lack of reconstruction to the lack of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, they are much worse off now than before we invaded. ‘Never again’ should apply to them, too.”

    We have an obligation to every last victim of this illegal aggression because all of this carnage has been done in our name.


    Since World War II 90% of the casualties of war are unarmed civilians, a third of them children. Our victims have done nothing to us, from Palestine to Afghanistan, to Iraq, to Somalia, to wherever our next target may be, their murders are not collateral damage they are the nature of modern warfare.

    They don’t hate us because of our freedoms, they hate us because everyday we are funding and committing crimes against humanity.

    The so-called war on terror is a cover for our military aggression to gain control of the resources of Western Asia. This is sending the poor of this country to kill the poor of those Muslim countries.

    This is trading blood for oil. This is genocide, and to most of the world we are the terrorists. In these times, remainging silent on our responsibility to the world and its future is criminal, and in light of our complicity in the supreme crimes against humanity in Iraq and Afghanistan and ongoing violations of the UN Charter and international law, how dare any American criticize the actions of legitimate resistance to illegal occupation?

    Our so-called enemies in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine, our other colonies around the world, and our innercites here at home are struggling against the oppressive hand of empire demanding respect for their humanity. They are labelled insurgents or terrorists for resisting rape and pillage by the white establishment, but they are our brothers and sisters in the struggle for justice.

    The civilians at the other end of our weapons don’t have a choice. But American soldiers have choices, and while there may have been some doubt five years ago, today we know the truth. Our soldiers don’t sacrifice for duty, honor, country. They sacrifice for Kellog, Brown & Root.

    They don’t fight for America, they fight for their lives and their buddies beside them because we put them in a war zone. They’re not defending our freedom, they’re laying the foundation for fourteen permanent military bases to defend the freedoms of Exxon-Mobil and British Petroleum.

    They’re not establishing democracy, they’re establishing the basis for an economic occupation to continue after the military occupation has ended.

    Iraqi society today, thanks to American ‘help’, is defined by house raids, death squads, check points, detentions, curfews, blood in the streets, and constant violence.

    We must dare to speak out in support of the Iraqi people, who resist and endure the horrific existence we brought upon them through our bloodthirsty imperial crusade.

    We must dare to speak out in support of those American war resistors, the real military heros, who uphold their oath to defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic, including those terrorist cells in Washington DC more commonly known as the legislative, executive, and judicial branches.

    Frederick Douglas said :

    “Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning; they want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never has and it never will.”
    Everyone of us, everyone of us, must keep demanding, keep fighting, keep thundering, keep ploughing, keep speaking, keep struggling, until justice is served. No justice no peace“.
    I can bold just about every single sentence in that speech but I wont. I want to believe that people out of the street protesting a possible intervention from the US are not only supporting Maduro but instead resisting aggression and takeover. They are doing what we should be doing in this country and that is fighting against foreign intervention in our lives. Be that from the UN, international zionists, globalists etc but its seems like we have become to weak, domesticated and content with consuming the latest football game and shutting up.

    I support those guys and hope people in this country will learn a little bit from their actions.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    This topic deserves at least one comment, so.......

    Iraq Redux: Trump's Venezuela 'Regime Change' Another Pack of Lies

    Written by Daniel McAdams
    Sunday February 3, 2019



    (Note: This is from an RPI exclusive weekly update to our subscribers. Are you subscribed? It's free and we'll never sell/loan your name!)

    It has been just over a week since I last wrote to you, at the time just before Trump's Venezuela regime change operation hit the mainstream media. I warned that his recognition of an unelected politician as president and his dedication to install that politician with violence if necessary would constitute the worst mistake of his presidency.

    Since that time, Trump, through his neocon proxies, has doubled down on his Venezuela regime change plan to the point where the US is seizing Venezuela's assets and channeling millions to the unelected opposition in the hopes that with a US cash infusion Washington's regime change plans can become facts on the ground in the country. Of course for that to happen, it will require massive amounts of bloodshed, as regime neocons are already touting what they claim are opposition supporters on the street as evidence their regime change operation is legitimate and supported by "the people."

    But even if their photos are not manipulated and altered by those forces and institutions working on regime change (like the CIA, which has been dedicated to the overthrow of the Venezuelan government for at least the past 17 years), do thousands of people in the streets constitute a legitimate mandate in the "international rules-based order" so often cited by the interventionists? What of the thousands of us who demonstrated that freezing day in late 2002 against the Bush Administration's march to war in Iraq? So we don't count according to them?

    What about the 2017 "Women's March" against Trump? It was said to be the largest demonstration in US history. Surely the largest demonstration in US history means that Trump's electoral mandate is invalid, no? Because even if Bolton's Tweeted photos from the opposition demonstrations today in Venezuela are not CIA cook-ups, that is exactly what the neocons are claiming: people in the street = overturn elections. I guess we are exempt?

    As a long-time regime-change watcher, I've never seen such a blatant and open US overthrow of a foreign government. Bolton and his neocons obviously feel so confident that they can pull the wool over Trump's eyes that they don't even try to justify their efforts on national security or even "humanitarian" intervention grounds. And they are moving at a frenzied pace, no doubt emboldened by not a whimper of protest from the "opposition" party in Washington, which is in fact just the left wing of the war party.

    The leaders of this regime change have oceans of blood on their hands from all the horrific "liberations" they have pushed in the past, but shockingly no one seems to be asking questions. As neocon Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said: "Now it is time for every other nation to pick a side. No more delays, no more games. Either you stand with the forces of freedom, or you’re in league with Maduro and his mayhem."

    For those who cannot remember recent history, this is a re-statement of the disastrous Bush policy as crafted by the neocons, "Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."

    What will be conveniently lost in the rapid pace of the neocon and media spin machine on Venezuela will be the original legal grounds upon which the US has based its case that opposition politician Juan Guaido is in fact the president of Venezuela. RPI Academic Board Member and long-time regime-change observer John Laughland has written a very important article reminding us that the legal basis of the US (and EU) recognition of Juan Guaido as president of Venezuela is not only a stretch of the Venezuelan constitution: it is a bald-faced lie!

    As Professor Laughland writes:

    The resolution voted by the European Parliament is actually worse than President Trump’s 'recognition' of Guaido on January 23. Four political groups in the European Parliament, acting independently of one another before later agreeing on a common resolution, sat down to formulate their texts, in legal language, which state that Juan Guaido is the legitimate president 'according to Article 233 of the Venezuelan constitution.'
    ...
    No one who has ever read Article 233 of the Venezuelan constitution could possibly conclude that it says anything of the kind.

    On the contrary, Article 233 is precisely what Juan Guaido violated when he performed his little stunt of proclaiming himself president in a public square in Caracas on January 23.

    Most countries’ constitutions have articles like Article 233 of the Constitution of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. It deals with what happens if the president of the Republic does not, or cannot, fulfill his duties.

    It lists six circumstances in which his term can be cut short: if he dies; if he resigns; if he is removed from office by a ruling of the country’s supreme court; if he is proclaimed physically or mentally unfit after a formal medical procedure validated by the National Assembly and by the supreme court; if he abandons his office; or if he is impeached by a popular referendum.

    Not a single one of these conditions has been fulfilled: President Maduro has not resigned; he is not dead or unfit; he has not been impeached by the courts or by the people. Worse, Article 233 goes on to say who takes power if the presidency falls vacant – which it has not – and, guess what? It specifies that it is the vice-president who takes over, in this case Mrs Delcy Rodriguez, not the president of the National Assembly (Guaido).

    The only circumstance in which the president of the National Assembly takes over is if the president has not been inaugurated. As Maduro has been president since 2013, it is impossible to pretend that this is the case. He took the oath of office for his second term on January 10, in front of the president of the Supreme Tribunal of Justice.

    Remember this well, because it is being dumped down the memory hole. The legal basis upon which the US and EU make their regime-change claim is as bogus as Saddam Hussein's "mobile chemical weapons labs." That's why they don't want you to even think about it. Now, it's all about the "crowds."

    The illegality of US claims as justification for recognizing as president an individual who has not earned a single vote to be president is being furiously buried under the new pack of propaganda lies that "the people" are with the opposition in favor of regime change.

    See the bait and switch? It's a little depressing to have to point out yet again that the neocons are lying us into war and the media is going along unquestioningly. You'd think Americans might have learned after Iraq and Libya and Syria and so on and so on.

    They are lying again. And doing it more openly than ever.

    What to do? As 2018 RPI Conference speaker Caitlin Johnstone advises, do not allow yourself to become a Pro Bono CIA Propagandist. As Caitlin says, it may actually be more moral to be the ones sent in with the guns to make "regime change" happen than to be the propagandist who acts as a conveyor belt for regime change propaganda. As she says, "In the end, the one with the gun is just delivering the bullet that was put in the mail by the propagandist."

    Bolton, Pompeo, and Elliot Abrams are playing for keeps in Venezuela, and they have much of the Democratic party "opposition" on their side. They can dial up the violence at will and have demonstrated that they have no concern about international law or the campaign promises of their president (see above). They are also not averse to using outright lies to push their agenda. Truly Trump has lost control of his presidency and into the intellectual void left by Trump's lack of a principled view of the world and the United States' place in it piles in the neoconservatives who have a very good idea what they want to do with the world. They want to burn it down.

    Mark my words: If Bolton and the neocons succeed in "liberating" Venezuela, five years down the road they will be in the same boat as the Ukrainians are five years after their "liberation." Their lives are more miserable and they cannot even get hot water.

    Forget the "people in the street" propaganda. This is a blatant US coup against a sovereign nation. Particularly hypocritical is that while the US has been crippled for two years over unproven allegations of foreign meddling in our elections, all parties in Washington agree in an overt overthrow of the electoral process overseas.

    With this regime change, we can likely stick a fork in Trump. He is totally owned by the neocons. It was fun to think of a non-interventionist in the White House while it lasted.
    Copyright © 2019 by RonPaul Institute. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a live link are given.
    Wish I could +rep you again.
    There is no spoon.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    More evidence that we should refuse all immigrants from that country. We definitely don't need them coming here and further infecting our country with their beliefs.
    ^^^THIS^^^
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Easy. Pompeo. Bolton. Pence. Rubio. Abrams.
    And Maduro.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    This topic deserves at least one comment, so.......

    Iraq Redux: Trump's Venezuela 'Regime Change' Another Pack of Lies

    Written by Daniel McAdams
    Sunday February 3, 2019



    (Note: This is from an RPI exclusive weekly update to our subscribers. Are you subscribed? It's free and we'll never sell/loan your name!)

    If he flip-flopped again, it could again spark conspiarcy theories that MAGA was a fake frontgroup of neocons.



Similar Threads

  1. Venezuela's Maduro Survives Assassination Attempt
    By angelatc in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-14-2018, 04:41 PM
  2. Europe Tries Saving Venezuela, Gives 'Dictator' Maduro $47 Million
    By Swordsmyth in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2018, 07:45 AM
  3. Maduro’s grip on Venezuela’s military may be slipping
    By Swordsmyth in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2018, 02:26 AM
  4. Venezuela's Nicolas Maduro Asks for Decree Powers to Counter U.S.
    By Zippyjuan in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-15-2015, 07:29 AM
  5. Madonna calls Venezuela's president Maduro a Fascist
    By qh4dotcom in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-23-2014, 06:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •