Thread: ‘Medieval disease caused by trash’: Typhus spreads to LA City Hall

‘Medieval disease caused by trash’: Typhus spreads to LA City Hall

Here is a good reason why disease are making a comeback. LA has become a third-world sh!t-hole. Sad.

‘Medieval disease caused by trash’: Typhus spreads to LA City Hall

Homeless tents line the street around the Fred Jordan Mission, in the Skid Row area of Los Angeles, California, May 12, 2018. © Reuters/Dania Maxwell

The epidemic of typhus in Los Angeles, California has spread from homeless encampments to City Hall. Local authorities say they are trying to address the problem, but critics point to mountains of trash lining the streets.

Deputy City Attorney Liz Greenwood was diagnosed with typhus in November, after complaining about having headaches and high fever, she told KNBC on Friday.

“It felt like somebody was driving railroad stakes through my eyes and out the back of my neck,” Greenwood said. “Who gets typhus? It's a medieval disease that's caused by trash.”

Last year the Los Angeles County registered a record 124 cases of typhus, KNBC reported citing the California Department of Public Health. One of them was Greenwood, who believes she caught the disease from fleas that made their way into her office.

“There are rats in City Hall and City Hall East,” she said. “There are enormous rats and their tails are as long as their bodies.”

Rats often carry fleas, and tend to live in garbage piles that have accumulated across Los Angeles as the city’s homeless population continues to grow uncontrollably.

Back in October, LA Mayor Eric Garcetti vowed to clean up the trash piles as part of an effort to curb the spread of typhus, and allocated millions of dollars for sanitation of streets in the Skid Row neighborhood.

“You can't solve it (the typhus epidemic) until you hit the cause,” Estela Lopez of the Downtown Industrial Business Improvement District told KNBC, “and the cause of it is that you still have these mountains of trash.”

The city has already fumigated several police offices, but the City Hall is apparently still on the to-do list.

“This work in busy and highly populated public buildings is executed carefully to protect workers and visitors, and the scheduling of extermination activities takes these factors into consideration,” city spokeswoman Vicki Curry said in a statement.

California is the most populous US state, and has a gross domestic product estimated at $2.9 trillion -- ranking as the fifth-largest economy in the world, right behind Germany. Los Angeles County has over 10 million inhabitants as of 2017.
    https://www.rt.com/usa/450379-los-an...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    were those people vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    were those people vaccinated?
    There is no Typhus vaccine. Antibiotics is what is needed. However, good hygiene and clean living conditions diminishes these problems significantly.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    There is no Typhus vaccine. Antibiotics is what is needed. However, good hygiene and clean living conditions diminishes these problems significantly.
    That is a shame. Hopefully a vaccine will be developed before too long.

Yeah so more people can live with a false sense of security, when all they have to do is clean up their areas and themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yeah so more people can live with a false sense of security, when all they have to do is clean up their areas and themselves.
    they don't need no stinkin showers. They need open borders.

Kind of funny how they want free healthcare and cannot even initiate a first line of defense.

Angela's friends are working on it.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People should sue the city. City streets and sidewalks should be maintained. If the filth causes illness the city should be responsible. If trash is on my property I have to pay to dispose of it even if someone else dumped it there. The city needs to clean up those streets.

“You can't solve it (the typhus epidemic) until you hit the cause,” Estela Lopez of the Downtown Industrial Business Improvement District told KNBC, “and the cause of it is that you still have these mountains of trash.”
    Really? The cause is trash? So if someone goes out and cleans up the trash, the problem goes away?

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

People should sue the city. City streets and sidewalks should be maintained. If the filth causes illness the city should be responsible. If trash is on my property I have to pay to dispose of it even if someone else dumped it there. The city needs to clean up those streets.
    I absolutely agree--the taxpayers pay their dues and they should not have to deal with bad city management or throw the bums out! (The bums being politicians) It's an interesting connection here... look what political affiliations are running these sh!t-holes.

What happened is that China stopped buying our garbage. My daughter was here over the weekend. They have completely lost their recycling. You can’t even take the recyclables to a center. And garbage pickup is $1 a bag. Not bad, unless you are a family of 7.

This is what happened in their tiny hamlet. Imagine how it works for a large metropolitan area with a large population of homeless.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I have mentioned before that I have little actual garbage. Almost all food cooked from scratch. If I had no garbage pickup I could compost some, burn some, and rest would be sold for scrap.

I have mentioned before that I have little actual garbage. Almost all food cooked from scratch. If I had no garbage pickup I could compost some, burn some, and rest would be sold for scrap.
    Me too I live in a rural area I get charged $99 a year to use the county dump So I take any recycle stuff there once a month. I don't have much scrap metal. It takes me about 2 years to accumulate enough to sell. I compost as much as I can.

"caused by trash"? Is that what they are calling the steaming piles of human sh!t on the sidewalks?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Angela's friends are working on it.
    That was Amy's department. My friend is working on a cure for Alzheimer's.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    What happened is that China stopped buying our garbage. My daughter was here over the weekend. They have completely lost their recycling. You can’t even take the recyclables to a center. And garbage pickup is $1 a bag. Not bad, unless you are a family of 7.

This is what happened in their tiny hamlet. Imagine how it works for a large metropolitan area with a large population of homeless.
    That's interesting. Have you seen any increase in illegal dumping?