Thread: Trump: ‘We have to protect Israel,’ shifting again on Syria withdrawal

Trump: ‘We have to protect Israel,’ shifting again on Syria withdrawal

While this may not please some of America-First hard right conservatives, MAGA is taking a bold step and could be moving one step ahead in 3D chess games with neocons political slave masters/money baggers/foreign firster lobbies etc:

Trump: ‘We have to protect Israel,’ shifting again on Syria withdrawal

Trump claimed in an interview that “99 percent” of ISIS’ territory had been reclaimed.

By Michael Wilner
    February 3, 2019 16:08

U.S. President Donald Trump (R) embraces Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu after his remarks at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem May 23, 2017. (photo credit: JONATHAN ERNST / REUTERS)

WASHINGTON – US President Donald Trump indicated this weekend that some US troops in Syria would remain there “to protect Israel,” in an apparent shift from his earlier insistence on an absolute withdrawal.

In an interview with Margaret Brennan of CBS News, Trump was pressed to identify precisely how much of America’s force presence there would be coming home – and how quickly.

“We’re going to be there and we’re going to be staying. We have to protect Israel,” he replied. “We have to protect other things that we have. But we’re – yeah, they’ll be coming back in a matter of time.”

https://www. jpost .com/Middle-East/Trump-We-have-to-protect-Israel-shifting-again-on-Syria-withdrawal-579546

Related

Coulter on Trump: "Joke presidency who scammed the American people"

Conservative leader on Trump: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

Dangerous Far Right conspiracy theories claim MAGA is a fake frontgroup of Jewish lobbies

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump really loses me with all the hugging and boot licking of and administration riff with war crimes.
    (UN Peace Keeping Groups)
    I had no idea Trump would become an 'Israel Firster'
    Israel gets along with no one, so do we need to keep on
    killing around the globe until no one is left for them to hate.....(rhetorical)
    :facepalm:

He said they would all be coming back:

yeah, they’ll be coming back in a matter of time.”
    The only question is whether the time involved is too long.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

In the interview he said they would all be withdrawn to the US base in Iraq, most would come home, a smaller number kept at the base for intelligence purposes to keep an eye on Iran and the ISIS remnants.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    In the interview he said they would all be withdrawn to the US base in Iraq, most would come home, a smaller number kept at the base for intelligence purposes to keep an eye on Iran and the ISIS remnants.
    Don't disrupt the narrative with actual facts.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Related

Israeli PM and Trump's mega funder: US should drop atomic bomb on Iran

Which country's interests would such an Iraq/Syria interventionist policy serve primarily?
    Do you see it as America-First policy?

Those forces in Iraq will never leave Iraq unless the Iraqis again start revolting agaisnt America's presences. ISIS and Iran once again are being used as an excuse to further occupy the middle east as a pretext.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Those forces in Iraq will never leave Iraq unless the Iraqis again start revolting agaisnt America's presences. ISIS and Iran once again are being used as an excuse to further occupy the middle east as a pretext.
    Iraqi lawmakers demand U.S. troops withdraw after Trump's surprise visit

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The truth about the Iraqi war (partially told by the soldiers who fought in it)

They have been asking the US to leave for years now and they won't listen. Japan, South Korea wants the US to leave also. Heck, Venezuela just asked them to leave and just like the occupying and imperialist nation that she is, the US did not leave.

Any luck coming up with that mystical nation without any price control laws on its book? Need more time to name them. I can wait to see your list, I would be shocked if the number is greater than one

Trump: ‘We have to protect Israel,’
    Me: ''We have to stop financing Israel's den of thieves and war crimes*.''

-
    -
    * Un Humanitarian Coalitions

duplicate delete

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He said they would all be coming back:

The only question is whether the time involved is too long.
    So the troops won't be there literally forever.

That would still be true even if Lindsey Graham were president.

Let me get this straight. A country that has 300+ nukes, a wall, and the best military of all middle eastern countries needs our protection?
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 02-04-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Israel is perfectly capable of protecting themselves. They are neither a poor people nor a defenseless people. There is no legitimate reason that U.S. taxpayers need to fund the defense of Israel or U.S. soldiers need to die for Israel.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

“Look, we’re protecting the world,” he added. “We’re spending more money than anybody’s ever spent in history, by a lot.” Trump's slow drift and change in tune on the subject of a promised "rapid" exit comes after Israeli officials led by Prime Minister Netanyahu alongside neocon allies in Washington argued that some 200 US troops in Syria's southeast desert along the Iraqi border and its 55-kilometer “deconfliction zone” at al-Tanf are the last line of defense against Iranian expansion in Syria, and therefore must stay indefinitely.

So which is it? Were we there to defeat ISIS or watch Iran?

"“I want to be able to watch Iran,” Trump said further during the CBS interview. “Iran is a real problem.” He explained that “99%” of ISIS’s territory had been liberated but that a contingency of US troops must remain to prevent a resurgent Islamic State as well as to counter Iranian influence, for which American forces must remain in Iraq as well.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know, it's just text, but......

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...29137699184640

Donald J. Trump
    ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    Feb 1

....after 18 long years. Syria was loaded with ISIS until I came along. We will soon have destroyed 100% of the Caliphate, but will be watching them closely. It is now time to start coming home and, after many years, spending our money wisely. Certain people must get smart!
    If the stampman tells you to kiss his ass, shall he get away with it and live? Don't let your courage cool, or a few bullies scare you. We've nothing to fear but slavery. Love your liberty, and fight for it like men who know its value. Once lost it will never, never be regained.
    -Hugh Ledlie, 1774.

Is it really true that GOPA wing funded party has incresed global interventions to mideast by 14000 + 2200 = 16,200 to already present 65,000 troops in mideast or these 2200 were part of Trump's 14,000 troops surge in 2019?

It appears there will still be 8000-10,000 troops in Iraq & Afghanistan even after planned withdrawls that are supposed to happen by election date.

Sept. 9, 2020
    Eric Schmitt, nyt
    Analysts of military policy also note that even as Mr. Trump has withdrawn several thousand troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, he has ordered nearly twice that many, about 14,000 forces, to the Persian Gulf region in the past year or so in response to Iranian attacks and provocations.
    At any given time, 45,000 to 65,000 American troops are in the region, spread out between Jordan and Oman, assigned to operate airfields, run key headquarters, sail warships and fly warplanes, and stage for deployments to places such as Iraq and Afghanistan.

As U.S. Soldiers Deploy Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic, They Fight Two Battles
    By SARAH BLAKE MORGAN / AP
    June 17, 2020
    FORT BRAGG, N.C. (AP) —
    When his mandatory two-week quarantine ended last Friday, Clyde made the short drive to Fort Bragg and boarded a plane for a nine-month deployment in the Middle East.
    The 34-year-old is among 2,200 paratroopers assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division’s 2nd Brigade Combat Team deploying to Iraq and Syria amid the coronavirus pandemic. They’ll be supporting Operation Inherent Resolve, the U.S military battle to defeat the Islamic State.
    https://time.com/5854760/us-military...irus-pandemic/

Related

Trump did not indulge his "inner Libertarian" with sending of more troops to Iraq

Iraq Lies Redux: Trump Admin Claims Iran/al-Qaeda Alliance