Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: VA-Dem Gov in hot water for "maybe" being in blackface or KKK outfit in yearbook

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is Congressman Al Green the Dumbest Man in Washington? In Texas? America?
    Thomas DiLorenzo

Apparently so. Rep. Al Green (D-TX) announced today that the reason why Virginia Governor Ralph Northam was photographed in blackface in his 1984 medical school yearbook is Donald Trump’s “bigotry.” The governor is apparently clairvoyant enough to have known in 1984 that Donald Trump would be elected thirty-two years later, and so he must have thought he should board the bigotry train early.

Reminds me of how some critics of my book, The Real Lincoln accused me of veiled “racism” by writing the book as a response to the election of Obama. The Real Lincoln was published in 2002; Obama was elected in 2008. I apparently share Governor Northam’s clairvoyance.
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...texas-america/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

This whole thing is really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Is Congressman Al Green the Dumbest Man in Washington? In Texas? America?
    Thomas DiLorenzo

Apparently so. Rep. Al Green (D-TX) announced today that the reason why Virginia Governor Ralph Northam was photographed in blackface in his 1984 medical school yearbook is Donald Trump’s “bigotry.” The governor is apparently clairvoyant enough to have known in 1984 that Donald Trump would be elected thirty-two years later, and so he must have thought he should board the bigotry train early.

Reminds me of how some critics of my book, The Real Lincoln accused me of veiled “racism” by writing the book as a response to the election of Obama. The Real Lincoln was published in 2002; Obama was elected in 2008. I apparently share Governor Northam’s clairvoyance.
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...texas-america/
    I really hate to disagree with DiLo (especially if it makes me look like I'm defending an $#@! like Green), but according to the story Tom linked to in his post at LRC, Green is not saying that Northam wore blackface back in the '80s because of the bigotry that has supposedly been fostered by Trump and Trump's presidency today. Rather, Green is saying that Northam is refusing to resign today over what he did back then because he has been emboldened and enabled by the bigotry that has supposedly been fostered by Trump and Trump's presidency today. Now, that may be a dumb thing to say, but it doesn't involve any time-spanning clairvoyance - and it doesn't make Green any dumber than all the many other people in Washington (or in Texas, or in America) who are saying exactly the same (kind of) thing ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-12-2019 at 08:40 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Virginia Democrats, plagued by racism scandals, offered vitriol for the conservative Blexit activists who held a rally Sunday in Richmond urging African-Americans and other racial minorities to exit the Democrat Party.
    “Dinesh D’Souza and the rest of that group are an embarrassment to America. We can`t wait for them to exit our Commonwealth,” an unidentified Virginia Democrat spokesperson said, according to WTVR.
    Blexit is led by Candace Owens, the Turning Point USA icon who is trying to lead a national shift in voter demographics that would benefit the Republican Party.
    A Big League Politics source who spoke with a WTVR reporter has identified the spokesman as Jake Rubenstein, the Virginia Democrats’ communications director. That means the top communications official in the state party called black activists an “embarrassment.”

Big League Politics reached out to Rubenstein to see if he would like to clarify his remark disparaging black Americans. Rubenstein replied, “Not to you.”

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/exclus...eave-virginia/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345