Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Bolton: We’re Taking Venezuela’s Oil

  1. #1

    Bolton: We’re Taking Venezuela’s Oil

    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Will it pay for the wall?

  4. #3
    lol , zero views and one reply.
    I'm in.
    Take the oil, can we do that?

  5. #4
    Wait a minute, we built the oil infrastructure didn't we, or was it Britain, Dutch Oil Rings bell ....
    at any rate , they kicked us out and Nationalized the whole shootn' match.
    :scurriesofftowiki:
    Last edited by Stratovarious; 01-29-2019 at 05:46 PM.

  6. #5
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Wait a minute, we built the oil infrastructure didn't we, or was it Britain, Dutch Oil Rings bell ....
    at any rate , they kicked us out and Nationalized the whole shootn' match.
    :scurriesofftowiki:
    This might come as a surprise to you but "they" did not build anything for free, they got paid more than 100x over for building the oil infrastructure. This is like saying a college team should get perpetual royalties because they were able to help a college student get to the NBA. Sadly for the oil companies and the countries backing them, the relation is not meant to last forever.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This might come as a surprise to you but "they" did not build anything for free, they got paid more than 100x over for building the oil infrastructure. This is like saying a college team should get perpetual royalties because they were able to help a college student get to the NBA. Sadly for the oil companies and the countries backing them, the relation is not meant to last forever.
    lmao

    ....and you have a link, right, of course not ?


    Besides , business deals are not about 100xs (which is likely bs anyway), does not satisfy a contract that is looking to
    rightfully earn 1000's of times the initial risk/investment.


    This might come as a surprise to you , but again, you're talking out of your ass and have no idea how a
    business is run, unless it's run by Socialists, right?


  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    lmao

    ....and you have a link, right, of course not ?


    Besides , business deals are not about 100xs (which is likely bs anyway), does not satisfy a contract that is looking to
    rightfully earn 1000's of times the initial risk/investment.


    This might come as a surprise to you , but again, you're talking out of your ass and have no idea how a
    business is run, unless it's run by Socialists, right?

    Oh I know all about investment, contracts and returns, they usually have 10 yrs, 15 yr, 20 yr contracts etc plus opt out options and when those contracts are out, some disobedient govts decided to go their own way. I am not exactly sure what happened with Venezuela but this idea that just because you helped someone build infrastructure means that you should someone own the right to perpetual mining is rubbish.

    I would also love to see a link from both sides describing what the issue with the contract is, was it over, did someone break it and what the opt out options were if there is one. I want to see links that led to you siding with the oil companies first and we can go from there
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Oh I know all about investment, contracts and returns, they usually have 10 yrs, 15 yr, 20 yr contracts etc plus opt out options and when those contracts are out, some disobedient govts decided to go their own way. I am not exactly sure what happened with Venezuela but this idea that just because you helped someone build infrastructure means that you should someone own the right to perpetual mining is rubbish.

    I would also love to see a link from both sides describing what the issue with the contract is, was it over, did someone break it and what the opt out options were if there is one. I want to see links that led to you siding with the oil companies first and we can go from there
    Fk socialist dictators, you go on and ride that high' horse......enjoy


    Oh yea, and the link..still lmao.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Fk socialist dictators, you go on and ride that high' horse......enjoy


    Oh yea, and the link..still lmao.
    Just the reply I expect from you. Nationalizing ones oil resources is one type of socialism I am will to accept expect when I own the land the oil sits in
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Just the reply I expect from you. Nationalizing ones oil resources is one type of socialism I am will to accept expect when I own the land the oil sits in
    You are a plethora of fantastic socialist ideas, sadly , socialism doesn't work.

    lol still no 100's times link....

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    You are a plethora of fantastic socialist ideas, sadly , socialism doesn't work.

    lol still no 100's times link....
    And what % of socialism does not work? I ask this because I see loads of countries "working" with part of their economies socialized.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And what % of socialism does not work? I ask this because I see loads of countries "working" with part of their economies socialized.
    https://fee.org/articles/why-socialism-failed/

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And what % of socialism does not work? I ask this because I see loads of countries "working" with part of their economies socialized.
    Wares' that link son?

    Where?

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And what % of socialism does not work? I ask this because I see loads of countries "working" with part of their economies socialized.
    https://panampost.com/carlos-sabino/...ver-the-world/

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And what % of socialism does not work? I ask this because I see loads of countries "working" with part of their economies socialized.
    https://mises.org/library/greece-ill...failure-europe



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And what % of socialism does not work? I ask this because I see loads of countries "working" with part of their economies socialized.
    https://rationalstandard.com/nordic-...res-socialism/

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And what % of socialism does not work? I ask this because I see loads of countries "working" with part of their economies socialized.
    https://www.cato.org/publications/co...eastern-europe



Similar Threads

  1. John Bolton Again
    By Warlord in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-17-2019, 07:00 PM
  2. George Will on Trump and Bolton
    By Superfluous Man in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2018, 05:24 PM
  3. Why is John Bolton bad?
    By Matt Collins in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 05:34 PM
  4. Fox... Bolton just said -
    By surf in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 02:19 AM
  5. Bolton 2016?
    By RonPaulFanInGA in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-22-2013, 08:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •