Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: IL - Gay black actor beaten, bleached, attackers shout "This is MAGA country!"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There isn't.

It's biologically impossible.

It was a progressive, leftist term cooked up a genocidal maniac.

There are, however, ethnicities and cultures.

And all are NOT equal.

Some are demonstrably better or worse than others...to say otherwise is to engage in doublethink
    I couldn't agree more.

Race and racism are just really bad uses of words, and poor grammar, but
    for conversations sake across the Globe, neither are going away soon, it's
    like Kleenex, generics, just an odd twist of verbiage.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I understand your point and explanation, I just think you are wrong.

Or, to quote John Lennon: "If you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain't gonna make with it anyone anyhow..."
    Btw, I did read the article and I am amazed how much we have in common. We are both around the same age, from the same tribe, came to the US about the same age, both went to boarding school but I already had my green card before moving to the US and I grew up in a small city while he grew up in Lagos. But even with all of dad, we have different perspectives on race. Similar rattle snakes we are not

But I am glad you understand why I insist on leaving my Che avatar up. You don't have to agree with everything I do and the same goes for u. C'est la vie

Hickenlooper claims "Diversity is America's Greatest Strength"

Is Diversity a Root Cause of Dual Loyalty?

https://www.amren.com/commentary/201...-dual-loyalty/

Pat Buchanan March 15, 2019

The idea that “diversity is our greatest strength” is “transparently foolish and false.”
    “We can’t be divided by race, religion, by tribe. We’re defined by those enduring principles in the Constitution, even though we don’t necessarily all know them.”

So Joe Biden told the firefighters union this week.

But does Joe really believe that? Or does that not sound more like a plea, a wistful hope, rather than a deep conviction?

For Biden surely had in mind the debate that exploded last week in the House Democratic caucus on how to punish Somali-American and Muslim Congresswoman Ilhan Omar for raising the specter of dual loyalty.

Rebutting accusations of anti-Semitism lodged against her, Omar had fired back: “I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK to push for allegiance to a foreign country.”

Omar was talking about Israel.

Republicans raged that Nancy Pelosi’s caucus must denounce Omar for anti-Semitism. Journalists described the raising of the “dual loyalty” charge as a unique and awful moment, and perhaps a harbinger of things to come.

Yet, allegations of dual loyalty against ethnic groups, even from statesmen, have a long history in American politics.

In 1915, ex-President Theodore Roosevelt, at a convention of the Catholic Knights of Columbus, bellowed: “There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism . . . German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans, or Italian-Americans.

“There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is a man who is an American and nothing else.”

The New York Times headline the next morning:

“Roosevelt Bars the Hyphenated.”

It continued: “No Room in This Country for Dual Nationality, He Tells Knights of Columbus. Treason to Vote as Such.”

What would Roosevelt think of the dual citizenship of many Americans today? If someone is a citizen of more than one country, how do we know where his primary allegiance lies?

Does not dual citizenship, de facto, imply dual loyalty?

Nor was the Rough Rider alone in his alarm. As America edged toward intervention in the European war, President Woodrow Wilson, too, tore into “the hyphenates”:

“The passions and intrigues of certain active groups and combinations of men amongst us who were born under foreign flags injected the poison of disloyalty into our most critical affairs. . . .

“I am the candidate of a party, but I am above all things else, an American citizen. I neither seek the favor nor fear the displeasure of that small alien element amongst us which puts loyalty to any foreign power before loyalty to the United States.”

In another address, Wilson declared:

“There is disloyalty active in the United States, and it must be absolutely crushed. It proceeds from . . . a very small minority, but a very active and subtle minority. It works underground but it shows its ugly head where we can see it, and there are those at this moment who are trying to levy a species of political blackmail, saying: ‘Do what we wish in the interest of foreign sentiment or we will wreak our vengeance at the polls.'”

What did Ilhan Omar say to compare with that?

Roosevelt and Wilson had in mind some German and Irish citizens whose affection for the lands and peoples whence they came made them adversaries of Wilson’s war, into which we would soon be dragged by a WASP elite with deep ties to Great Britain.

Our Founding Fathers, too, were ever alert to the dangers of dual loyalty. In his Farewell Address, President Washington warned against a “passionate attachment” to any foreign nation that might create the illusion of some “common interest . . . where no common interest exists.”

Did FDR fear dual loyalty? His internment of 110,000 Japanese, mostly U.S. citizens, for the duration of World War II, suggests that he did.

Did not the prosecution of American Communists under the Smith Act, begun by Truman and continued by Eisenhower, suggest that these first postwar presidents saw peril in a secret party that gave allegiance to a hostile foreign power?

Where Wilson, TR and FDR distrusted ethnic and racial minorities, Truman went after the ideological enemies within—the Communists.

What defines us, said Joe Biden, are the “enduring principles in the Constitution, even though we don’t necessarily all know them.”

But if these principles, of which many Americans are not even aware, says Joe, are what define us and hold us together, then what is it that is tearing us apart?

Is it not our differences? Is it not our diversity?

Is it not the powerful and conflicting claims of a multiplicity of races, religions, tribes, ethnicities, and nationalities, as well as clashing ideologies, irreconcilable moral codes, a culture war, and conflicting visions of America’s past—the one side seeing it as horrible and hateful, the other as great and good?

“Diversity is our greatest strength!” we are ever admonished.

But where is the evidence for what appears to be not only an inherently implausible claim but a transparently foolish and false one?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Btw, I did read the article and I am amazed how much we have in common. We are both around the same age, from the same tribe, came to the US about the same age, both went to boarding school but I already had my green card before moving to the US and I grew up in a small city while he grew up in Lagos. But even with all of dad, we have different perspectives on race. Similar rattle snakes we are not.
    I'm glad you did, I found it interesting.

I guess my question is this:

If it was wrong for white Europe to colonize Africa, why is it OK for black Africa to colonize white Europe (or America for that matter)?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You were given polite suggestions on alternatives that would send the messages you claimed you wanted to send without supporting a communist thug and you ignored them.
    Are you discounting my personal reasons for choosing my avatar? I don't see any reason why I should change my avatar. At this point the damage has already been done and more importantly the avatar has become a part of my identity on this site. I am riding this to the end

Last edited by timosman; 03-21-2019 at 11:02 PM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If it was wrong for white Europe to colonize Africa, why is it OK for black Africa to colonize white Europe (or America for that matter)?
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Are you discounting my personal reasons for choosing my avatar? I don't see any reason why I should change my avatar. At this point the damage has already been done and more importantly the avatar has become a part of my identity on this site. I am riding this to the end
    Please do, it's better than zip's solid red bar.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Btw, I did read the article and I am amazed how much we have in common. We are both around the same age, from the same tribe, came to the US about the same age, both went to boarding school but I already had my green card before moving to the US and I grew up in a small city while he grew up in Lagos. But even with all of dad, we have different perspectives on race. Similar rattle snakes we are not

But I am glad you understand why I insist on leaving my Che avatar up. You don't have to agree with everything I do and the same goes for u. C'est la vie
    You don't type do you?

You use google apps, voice to text ........?

I am more than anything anti imperialist, anti colonialist, anti war. If I thought that what I was doing in this country was colonizing the US, i would be the first person to self deport. I am not colonizing anything, I am here legally, under the authority of the US govt and following the laws of the legitimate govt of the US.

Also, my guess is that the author was pro colonialism and I happened to be anti. Very similar background and yet very different philosophies

I am more than anything anti imperialist, anti colonialist, anti war. If I thought that what I was doing in this country was colonizing the US, i would be the first person to self deport. I am not colonizing anything, I am here legally, under the authority of the US govt and following the laws of the legitimate govt of the US.

Also, my guess is that the author was pro colonialism and I happened to be anti. Very similar background and yet very different philosophies
    Che was from Argentine. Why was he messing around in Cuba and other countries? Sounds like a colonialist.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Good lord almighty , so the 'shot in the dark' question I asked you yesterday;

''Are you here legally'' , was spot, I mean SPOT ON...........

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Che was from Argentine. Why was he messing around in Cuba and other countries? Sounds like a colonialist.
    He was invited to help the natives drive the imperialists out. This is mainly the reason why I like him and adding to that the fact that he died fighting for this goal.

He was invited to help the natives drive the imperialists out. This is mainly the reason why I like him and adding to that the fact that he died fighting for this goal.
    So maybe intervention is good? Except when the British or other European country nationals did it...

The British model was to get some of the locals on their side, usually the minority tribes, etc,
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Good lord almighty , so the 'shot in the dark' question I asked you yesterday;

''Are you here legally'' , was spot, I mean SPOT ON...........

I was legal before I decided to migrate to the US. One of my siblings was born in the US but he was not an anchor baby because my parents traveled back to Nigeria after he was born. My parents could have delivered all of us in the US if they wanted to but they didn't. I am not an anchor baby, a welfare recipent, a criminal, a scammer or whatever negative stereotype some people want to ascribe to immigrants.

And no, I do not use voice chat, I tend to make typos when I have lots of stuff in my head. That time I was thinking about calling my dad when I typed "dad" instead of that. Also, I just tend to make more typos than the average member, I really can't help it.

I am not an anchor baby, a welfare recipent, a criminal, a scammer or whatever negative stereotype some people want to ascribe to immigrants.
    What about "bad driver?"
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

So maybe intervention is good? Except when the British or other European country nationals did it...

The British model was to get some of the locals on their side, usually the minority tribes, etc,
    I would have supported Germany invading Poland to rescue the ethnic Germans being violated by the Polish, so you can't say that I am completely against intervention by Europeans. You can say that I am against virtually all imperialist interventions by anyone and not just Europeans. I would also be against Japan invading China, Saudi Arabia invading Yemen, Turkey invading Syria, Brazil invading North Korea etc etc. This is not a European thing for me.

I do not consider assisting locals to fight off invaders as imperialism.

I was legal before I decided to migrate to the US. One of my siblings was born in the US but he was not an anchor baby because my parents traveled back to Nigeria after he was born. My parents could have delivered all of us in the US if they wanted to but they didn't. I am not an anchor baby, a welfare recipent, a criminal, a scammer or whatever negative stereotype some people want to ascribe to immigrants.

And no, I do not use voice chat, I tend to make typos when I have lots of stuff in my head. That time I was thinking about calling my dad when I typed "dad" instead of that. Also, I just tend to make more typos than the average member, I really can't help it.
    ha ha, you caught the 'fk up' , that's what really got my attention, that is an obvious 'Google' fail 'flag' ,
    there is no way to miss type Dad in place of That.

But about the 'legally' thing, I don't really care one way or the other , just yanking your chain, due
    to some of your views.

It's pretty obvious at times that our language is not your 'first' , but I'm sure you speak
    your native language better that I ever could.

What about "bad driver?"
    I bet I have a better driving record than u.

I would have supported Germany invading Poland to rescue the ethnic Germans being violated by the Polish, so you can't say that I am completely against intervention by Europeans. You can say that I am against virtually all imperialist interventions by anyone and not just Europeans. I would also be against Japan invading China, Saudi Arabia invading Yemen, Turkey invading Syria, Brazil invading North Korea etc etc. This is not a European thing for me.

I do not consider assisting locals to fight off invaders as imperialism.
    Fair point. But weren't those local Cubans Che was fighting against?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

What about "bad driver?"
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Danke again.

I bet I have a better driving record than u.
    I bet some of the best drivers have had more crashes than u too, so what?

My Record, Record? Why do we need to discuss my record? How the hell was I to know she was only 13?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Danke again.
    Oooh, Danke is in the circle jerk rotation. I was going to ask u if I could join, but not anymore

Oooh, Danke is in the circle jerk rotation. I was going to ask u if I could join, but not anymore
    lmao , there you go again with that class act rhetoric.

Jules isn't a leftist troll, Smyth doesn't worship authoritarianism, and AF isn't a Mexican hating skinhead... but when the similarities in our core values are strikingly similar, as I believe they are, it is our differences that ultimately define us, for better or worse. That said, as long as the common goal and moral compass are compatible, those lesser differences do not divide; they add depth and healthy contrast.

In fact, I think that every contributer to this forum (that I have seen post at least) is a net positive... save one, perhaps.

With that in mind, I ask this:

If strength is found in numbers and unity upon common purpose, would it not crucial to show grace and humility in our differences?

Nordic, Nigerian, iPhone, or Android, I don't care, as long as the core values align - I'll have your back.

Disclaimer: Figs are welcome, however when watching my back, I ask that you compliment my dairy air often, all touching is strictly prohibited. No offense, AF.

lmao , there you go again with that class act rhetoric.

How about I use human centipede instead?

How about I use human centipede instead?
    ha ha.....lmao , ok , sounds good......

still laughing...

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Jules isn't a leftist troll, Smyth doesn't worship authoritarianism, and AF isn't a Mexican hating skinhead... but when the similarities in our core values are strikingly similar, as I believe they are, it is our differences that ultimately define us, for better or worse. That said, as long as the common goal and moral compass are compatible, those lesser differences do not divide; they add depth and healthy contrast.

In fact, I think that every contributer to this forum (that I have seen post at least) is a net positive... save one, perhaps.

With that in mind, I ask this:

If strength is found in numbers and unity upon common purpose, would it not crucial to show grace and humility in our differences?

Nordic, Nigerian, iPhone, or Android, I don't care, as long as the core values align - I'll have your back.

Disclaimer: Figs are welcome, however when watching my back, I ask that you compliment my dairy air often, all touching is strictly prohibited. No offense, AF.
    Agree 90% with the post, sadly I think the similar core values that brought most of use together in the early days are now drifting but hopefully there is stll enough to keep the union together. Hate to play into the divide and conquer strategy but a union can be broken beyond repair where the only solution is a divorce.

This was a lovely post to read logging into RPF and cheers to you for crafting it.
    Last edited by juleswin; 03-22-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Agree 90% with the post, sadly I think the similar core values that brought most of use together in the early days are now drifting but hopefully there is stll enough to keep the union together. Hate to play into the divide and conquer strategy but a union can be broken beyond repaid where the only solution is a divorce.

This was a lovely post to read logging into RPF and cheers to you for crafting it.
    That's pretty much where the nation is.

To stay "married" to each other, where each side loathes the other and can't stand the sight, sound or smell of them, ultimately ends up in violence, fighting, destruction and possibly death.

Amicable separation is logical.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-22-2019 at 10:32 AM.

That's pretty much where the nation is.

To stay "married" to each other, where each side loathes the other and can't stand the sight, sound or smell of them, ultimately ends up in violence, fighting, destruction and possibly death.

Amicable separation is logical.
    Unfortunately I think one side is too possessive to agree.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast