Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: IL - Gay black actor beaten, bleached, attackers shout "This is MAGA country!"

I highly doubt that Kamala Harris was directly involved in any way, nor was anybody else who actually knew what they were doing. It may be that Jussie on his own came up with this and thought it would be a good way to help Harris. But this conspiracy was too stupid in too many ways to have gone through much of a vetting process.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Seriously any straight thinking (non TDS suffering) human would think this was bull$#@! from the beginning.

Right when I heard two MAGA white supremacists called him ***, ngga, and something about EMPIRE, I knew it was BS. If they were really racist homophobes, they wouldn't be watching the show enough to know who the actors were and identify them at night on a Subway run in freezing temperatures. I watched empire a few times and I wouldn't even be able to recognize anybody but Terrance Howard in public.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Seriously any straight thinking (non TDS suffering) human would think this was bull$#@! from the beginning.

Right when I heard two MAGA white supremacists called him ***, ngga, and something about EMPIRE, I knew it was BS. If they were really racist homophobes, they wouldn't be watching the show enough to know who the actors were and identify them at night on a Subway run in freezing temperatures. I watched empire a few times and I wouldn't even be able to recognize anybody but Terrance Howard in public.
    It'll be interesting to see what he is hung for. I'm gonna guess the 'hate' letter with powdered aspirin he sent through the USPS that required a HAZMAT team to handle. I don't think the Feds will let that slide.

Eventually people are going to stop listening because it looks like there are more lies than truth.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Empire actor Jussie Smollett pleaded no contest in 2007 to providing false information to law enforcement in connection with a DUI, according to NBC News 10, which confirmed the incident with the Los Angeles City Attorney.

Smollett was sentenced to two years probation and a choice of a fine or jail in the 2007 case.

While Empire network Fox has thus far publicly stood by Smollett, TMZ reported on Tuesday that the star's screen time has been significantly reduced - with 9 scenes being cut to four, and Smollett "no longer the focus" of them.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...aw-enforcement
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

In an even more disturbing development, it seems Smollett may have tried to take advantage of what he saw as an opportunity to frame completely innocent people for the hoax.
    The Empire actor had told police he’d be willing to sign off on criminal complaints against the two ‘suspects’ when they were in custody. Yet when Smollett found out that police arrested the Osundairo brothers in regards to the incident, he declined to pursue charges, as he had earlier indicated he’d be willing to.
    This change of heart suggests that Smollett would have been willing to press charges against hypothetical individuals arrested by Chicago police in connection to the attack. With the incident appearing almost certainly to be a hoax, Smollett would’ve been enabling the criminal prosecution of individuals who were completely blameless.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/jussie...ents-for-hoax/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    In an even more disturbing development, it seems Smollett may have tried to take advantage of what he saw as an opportunity to frame completely innocent people for the hoax.
    The Empire actor had told police he’d be willing to sign off on criminal complaints against the two ‘suspects’ when they were in custody. Yet when Smollett found out that police arrested the Osundairo brothers in regards to the incident, he declined to pursue charges, as he had earlier indicated he’d be willing to.
    This change of heart suggests that Smollett would have been willing to press charges against hypothetical individuals arrested by Chicago police in connection to the attack. With the incident appearing almost certainly to be a hoax, Smollett would’ve been enabling the criminal prosecution of individuals who were completely blameless.

I guess when this was all "MAGA Country" there was no need to look up this public information. Funny how it all comes to the surface now, and ironic how the media was just as willing to play along with a story if it served their interests. In some respects, Smollett is the press, personified. Maybe someone should pour some bleach on both Smollett and the media, to clean their sh!t up. What horrible human beings.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    I guess when this was all "MAGA Country" there was no need to look up this public information. Funny how it all comes to the surface now, and ironic how the media was just as willing to play along with a story if it served their interests. In some respects, Smollett is the press, personified. Maybe someone should pour some bleach on both Smollett and the media, to clean their sh!t up. What horrible human beings.
    From the get go, most of the MSM reported this as an alleged crime, yes they did not come out to say it was a hoax or that it definitely happened. I have searched and I have yet to see any of the talkie program discuss the alleged crime like it happened. Actually, I could not find a segment of Don Lemon covering it or Rachel Maddow for that matter. The commentary talkie shows stayed away from it and the straight news reported what the police was saying.

How is that a bad thing? This is actually what they are supposed to be doing i.e. not jumping the gun until the investigation is complete but we want em to say it was a hoax in the middle of the investigation. Personally, I think most in the media did a fantastic job in this case, they took a neutral stance and kept the public up to date with the finding of the CPD.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    From the get go, most of the MSM reported this as an alleged crime, yes they did not come out to say it was a hoax or that it definitely happened. I have searched and I have yet to see any of the talkie program discuss the alleged crime like it happened. Actually, I could not find a segment of Don Lemon covering it or Rachel Maddow for that matter. The commentary talkie shows stayed away from it and the straight news reported what the police was saying.

How is that a bad thing? This is actually what they are supposed to be doing i.e. not jumping the gun until the investigation is complete but we want em to say it was a hoax in the middle of the investigation. Personally, I think most in the media did a fantastic job in this case, they took a neutral stance and kept the public up to date with the finding of the CPD.
    Obviously, not everyone knew it was a hoax on day 1. I think I, as well as many others, had some suspicions based on the some of the details, but nobody knew for sure.

This a local story to me, so perhaps I've been more critical/keeping a closer eye. If you are doing your searches now, you may be seeing corrected stories - you can still find the headlines that aren't labeled as "allegedly". Most every headline was stated as fact, after citing quotes by Jusse, other media sources, or the CPD (standard op) to properly cite the source (no need to check the facts if you can parrot someone else). The only allegedly I'd seen was relative to the incident being a "hate crime". Of course now you see the outlets are all corrected, or redirecting to current stories. From my point of view, I think you may be giving them more credit than they deserve.

Just like the Covington Catholic kids... It serves their interests, so they'll recklessly parrot the story, without any investigation. Nobody bothers to look up the "native american activist" - he is an enemy of the MAGA hat wearer, so he is their friend. Even after the whole thing was exposed, you had media that were still reporting on the false narrative - I guess their all being sued now.

Anyhow, maybe I'm too sensitive to these things, or perhaps you're not sensitive enough - we can disagree, its just how I've seen it. Regardless, I'm sure the media will appreciate your going to bat for them on RPF.

Gulag Chief:

Obviously, not everyone knew it was a hoax on day 1. I think I, as well as many others, had some suspicions based on the some of the details, but nobody knew for sure.

This a local story to me, so perhaps I've been more critical/keeping a closer eye. If you are doing your searches now, you may be seeing corrected stories - you can still find the headlines that aren't labeled as "allegedly". Most every headline was stated as fact, after citing quotes by Jusse, other media sources, or the CPD (standard op) to properly cite the source (no need to check the facts if you can parrot someone else). The only allegedly I'd seen was relative to the incident being a "hate crime". Of course now you see the outlets are all corrected, or redirecting to current stories. From my point of view, I think you may be giving them more credit than they deserve.

Just like the Covington Catholic kids... It serves their interests, so they'll recklessly parrot the story, without any investigation. Nobody bothers to look up the "native american activist" - he is an enemy of the MAGA hat wearer, so he is their friend. Even after the whole thing was exposed, you had media that were still reporting on the false narrative - I guess their all being sued now.

Anyhow, maybe I'm too sensitive to these things, or perhaps you're not sensitive enough - we can disagree, its just how I've seen it. Regardless, I'm sure the media will appreciate your going to bat for them on RPF.

I think we see it very differently. I rememeber the Covingon catholic kids story, I had friends on facebook, we had discussions on MSN news shows condemning the kids and just believing everything the native guy said of the story. There were little skpeticism and everybody for days went with the native's narrative. This time, the reporting and the overall response has been different. Maybe because they just got burned by the Convington kids story but from my POV, they acted the way I would want a fair news agency to act i.e. report the news without prejudice and update as evidence is revealed.

I have done a custom search to see how it was being reported and just about every article I came across reported it as an alleged crime. Its not really about going to bat for them but more like not critcizing them when they show great improvement from their last outing. I personally think they did OK with this one.

Testimony in Jussie Smollett case scrapped after "Hail Mary" phone call

CBS News has learned that a last-minute phone call may have saved "Empire" star Jussie Smollett from potentially being indicted. Last month, the actor claimed he was the victim of a racist and homophobic attack as he walked home in the middle of the night. Two brothers have now told Chicago police Smollett paid them to stage the assault.
    A source close to the investigation tells CBS News the brothers were set to appear in front of a grand jury Tuesday. But CBS News correspondent Dean Reynolds reports those plans were abruptly scrapped after a "Hail Mary" call from Smollett's defense team.

CBS News has learned that Nigerian brothers Ola and Abel Osundairo were waiting outside the grand jury chambers, just minutes from testifying, when prosecutors got the call from Smollett's lawyers.

It's unclear what the defense said, but the Cook County state's attorney decided to postpone the brothers' testimony, which would have been the first step toward indicting the 36-year-old actor for filing a false police report.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...all/ar-BBTQNmh

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I wonder WTF that was about. Plea bargain? The drama continues.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-20-2019 at 10:15 AM.

This is just a temp delay, no DA worth their salt is going to let this big fish off that easy. This story has gotten way too big to end this way. The police and the DA have been very patient in this case, one thing I know is that justice will definitely be served in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This is just a temp delay, no DA worth their salt is going to let this big fish off that easy. This story has gotten way too big to end this way. The police and the DA have been very patient in this case, one thing I know is that justice will definitely be served in this case.
    LOL. He is gonna enter rehab or a mental ward for a break from the stress and come out a month from now as the posterchild for mental health coverage. He'll blame it all on a toxic environment due to trump.

LOL. He is gonna enter rehab or a mental ward for a break from the stress and come out a month from now as the posterchild for mental health coverage. He'll blame it all on a toxic environment due to trump.
    I would be very surprised if it ended up that way. You have a lot of people from all sides calling for his head and a DA who I would assume would want to make a name for himself with this. I predict a moderate jail sentence with option for early release with good behaviour but he will spend time in the pen. And even worse for him, I don't see any way he would be able to rehab his image when he gets out.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

^Oh $#@!. Wonder what kind of punishment hes going to get.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    ^Oh $#@!. Wonder what kind of punishment hes going to get.
    I hear Cook county is filled with violent criminals that love a homosexual who can take a beating. I'm betting he'll have a very warm reception if he ends up there.

Gulag Chief:

I hear Cook county is filled with violent criminals that love a homosexual who can take a beating. I'm betting he'll have a very warm reception if he ends up there.
    Maybe that was his plan all along?

After weeks of investigation into Jussie Smollett's claim of being attacked last month by two men who shouted racist and homophobic slurs while physically beating him and leaving him with a rope tied around his neck, the Chicago Police Department officially classified Smollett as a suspect in an ongoing criminal investigation for filing a false report.

The announcement, in a tweet from the Chicago Police Department's verified account, represents another stunning twist in an investigation that has seen more than its share of such developments.

The tweet also announced that detectives are presenting evidence to a grand jury.

While Chicago police officials confirmed to ABC News on Wednesday that authorities are maintaining a dialogue with Jussie Smollett's attorneys, they remain anxious to re-interview the actor himself.

"We are hopeful that we’ll have a chance to ask the questions that we have," says Chicago Police Department (CPD) spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

"It doesn’t matter what the investigation shows," Guglielmi said. "If you have information that's helpful to law enforcement, it behooves you to contact authorities and share that information. We have been very diplomatic and have been working with him and his attorneys. We got information, and that's what we want to run by him."

If Smollett does not come in to speak with police, he said, "We’re going to go with other methods to create a culture of accountability.”

Later Wednesday, an official briefed on the Smollett investigation confirmed to ABC News that attorneys representing Smollett met with police and prosecutors in Chicago today. Lawyers and police would not immediately detail the substance of the discussion.
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/police-jus...210512648.html
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-20-2019 at 04:44 PM.

I want the Harris connection looked into.

A very bright red line has been crossed if Smollet and Nigerians conspired together with a sitting US senator to cook up this incitement to riot scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    "We are hopeful that we’ll have a chance to ask the questions that we have," says Chicago Police Department (CPD) spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

"It doesn’t matter what the investigation shows," Guglielmi said. "If you have information that's helpful to law enforcement, it behooves you to contact authorities and share that information. We have been very diplomatic and have been working with him and his attorneys. We got information, and that's what we want to run by him."

If Smollett does not come in to speak with police, he said, "We’re going to go with other methods to create a culture of accountability.”
    Smollett may be an ass, but at least it looks like he knows better than to talk to cops.

(And LMAO @ cops spouting off about the need for "a culture of accountability" ...)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does that mean "Gets arrested"?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Maybe that was his plan all along?
    Getting butt $#@!ed in prison must be on his bucket list.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I want the Harris connection looked into.

A very bright red line has been crossed if Smollet and Nigerians conspired together with a sitting US senator to cook up this incitement to riot scheme.
    I doubt that. Harris was groomed by Hillary Clinton. If she was involved, it wouldn't have been the obviously fake buffoonery it was. A smarter person could have actually pulled this off, or at least have it be a little bit believable.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I doubt that. Harris was groomed by Hillary Clinton. If she was involved, it wouldn't have been the obviously fake buffoonery it was. A smarter person could have actually pulled this off, or at least have it be a little bit believable.
    Yeah, you got a point...but hey, the labor market is tight right now.

She might have had to outsource the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Seriously...?

$#@! this guy.

Disorderly conduct charges filed.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast