Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: IL - Gay black actor beaten, bleached, attackers shout "This is MAGA country!"

Exclamation IL - Gay black actor beaten, bleached, attackers shout "This is MAGA country!"

‘Empire’ Star Jussie Smollett Hospitalized in Alleged Hate Crime Attack

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...-crime-attack/

29 Jan 2019

Empire star Jussie Smollett has been hospitalized after a “possible racially charged” attack by two men at a Subway store, the Chicago Police Department has confirmed.

According to TMZ, Jussie Smollett returned to Chicago from New York at around 2am, at which point he went to eat at his local subway. As he left the store, two men reportedly shouted at him: “Aren’t you that fagggot ‘Empire’ niggger?”

“The 2 men — both white and wearing ski masks — viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib,” the outlet alleged. “They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, ‘This is MAGA country.'”

The Daily Beast reported that a Chicago Police spokesperson says “the attackers’ genders are unknown, and that their faces and hands had been covered.”

Smollett was taken to Northwestern Memorial for treatment and was discharged later Tuesday morning.

In a statement, Chicago Police Department Chief Spokesman Anthony Gugliemi described the incident as a “possible racially-charged assault and battery,” and they would treat the investigation as a possible hate crime.

“Overnight, the Chicago Police Department received a report of a possible racially-charged assault and battery involving a cast member of the television show Empire,” Gugliemi said. “Given the severity of the allegations, we are taking this investigation very seriously and treating it as a possible hate crime. Detectives are currently working to gather video, identify potential witnesses and establish an investigative timeline.”

Although some claim the attack was racially motivated, there are also claims it was an attack on Smollett’s sexuality. In March 2015, the 35-year-old actor came out as gay in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, similar to his character Jamal Lyon. He has yet to publicly comment on Monday’s incident.

Empire creator Lee Danials took to social media to offer his support to Smollett, ending his video saying, “It’s just another $#@!ing day in America.”
    Last edited by jct74; 01-29-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This was either performed by criminals who had planned this for a while against this specific victim and really did their homework, or it's a hoax. There is no way this was just an opportunistic attack. I am betting on a hoax.

I had no idea who this dude is.

How many white 'MAGA country' individuals watch the 'fagggot ******' Empire show enough to recognize this actor in a Subway store?

Chicago is maga Country???

So much wafting of BS from this story.
    Also
    "As he left the store, two men reportedly shouted at him: “Aren’t you that fagggot ‘Empire’ niggger?”"

and
    "says “the attackers’ genders are unknown,"
    uhm, ok.

and while we are at it...
    "Empire creator Lee Danials took to social media to offer his support to Smollett, ending his video saying, “It’s just another $#@!ing day in America.” "

how about just another $#@!ing day in $#@!ing Chicago? How many black men were shot and killed by other black men so far this year in Chicago?

Garbage TMZ click bait, "Sources directly connected to Jussie tell TMZ"

But you can't disprove it so everyone will say it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    This was either performed by criminals who had planned this for a while against this specific victim and really did their homework, or it's a hoax. There is no way this was just an opportunistic attack. I am betting on a hoax.
    Better than 50/50 a hoax.

I'm waiting for the response...let's see if the Jacobins and Marxists and Bolsheviks meant any of that "hat in hand" apology bull$#@! in the wake of Convington.

They were wearing ski masks, so it was pre-meditated, and they saw a risk of him or others around him recognizing them.

They identified him correctly, so he was the intended target.

The yelling of, "This is MAGA country," doesn't mesh with those two facts, and seems like an obvious attempt to deflect attention from whatever the real motive was.

I hope they get caught. It will be interesting to learn more about who they really are.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Better than 50/50 a hoax.

I'm waiting for the response...let's see if the Jacobins and Marxists and Bolsheviks meant any of that "hat in hand" apology bull$#@! in the wake of Convington.
    Just before you posted here, I saw this somewhere else and people were commenting that this was proof the maga hat is a hate symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Just before you posted here, I saw this somewhere else and people were commenting that this was proof the maga hat is a hate symbol.
    'The red MAGA hat is the new white hood.' - some dumb $#@! by the name of Alyssa Milano.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    'The red MAGA hat is the new white hood.' - some dumb $#@! by the name of Alyssa Milano.
    I saw that about a week ago. This is just proof that there is an army of minions who believe everything bthey are fed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...-crime-attack/

29 Jan 2019

Empire star Jussie Smollett has been hospitalized after a “possible racially charged” attack by two men at a Subway store, the Chicago Police Department has confirmed.

According to TMZ, Jussie Smollett returned to Chicago from New York at around 2am, at which point he went to eat at his local subway. As he left the store, two men reportedly shouted at him: “Aren’t you that fagggot ‘Empire’ niggger?”

“The 2 men — both white and wearing ski masks — viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib,” the outlet alleged. “They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, ‘This is MAGA country.'”

The Daily Beast reported that a Chicago Police spokesperson says “the attackers’ genders are unknown, and that their faces and hands had been covered.”

Smollett was taken to Northwestern Memorial for treatment and was discharged later Tuesday morning.

In a statement, Chicago Police Department Chief Spokesman Anthony Gugliemi described the incident as a “possible racially-charged assault and battery,” and they would treat the investigation as a possible hate crime.

“Overnight, the Chicago Police Department received a report of a possible racially-charged assault and battery involving a cast member of the television show Empire,” Gugliemi said. “Given the severity of the allegations, we are taking this investigation very seriously and treating it as a possible hate crime. Detectives are currently working to gather video, identify potential witnesses and establish an investigative timeline.”

Although some claim the attack was racially motivated, there are also claims it was an attack on Smollett’s sexuality. In March 2015, the 35-year-old actor came out as gay in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, similar to his character Jamal Lyon. He has yet to publicly comment on Monday’s incident.

Empire creator Lee Danials took to social media to offer his support to Smollett, ending his video saying, “It’s just another $#@!ing day in America.”
    Ha, ha, ha! Why do I have this feeling that this attack is going to be about as real as the rash of hundreds of synagogue hate crimes in 2017?

Let's check......

FALSE FLAG
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post
    Ha, ha, ha! Why do I have this feeling that this attack is going to be about as real as the rash of hundreds of synagogue hate crimes in 2017?

Let's check......
    Every swastika placed on a dorm door, etc that I've read about have been false flags, to keep the Holocaust and Anti Semitic
    whine alive.
    There will be many more staged attacks , false flags, the left is so incredibly desperate , I put nothing past them.
    Last edited by Stratovarious; 01-29-2019 at 04:37 PM.

OK, not seeing it debunked yet, we will have to wait a few hours, perhaps up to eight.

Then it will come out how it is a hoax and the details of the hoax. Because it's not 2008 any more. The media can't just claim "But he said hands-up don't shoot" and expect any human being under 50 to believe them. They saw how well that game worked last week when they tried it on some 14-year-olds waiting for a bus. Namely: not at all. That did not go well for them.

I do hope it will take the full eight hours so that they can all run prime time shows featuring this shocking, vicious, racial attack and have shocked commentary and round tables etc. for a full cycle that we can archive and mock forever.

In the meantime, we can have fun discussing the details. Such as: how would two guys catch him outside of Subway randomly and have ski masks ready for a random white-on-black racial beating, something that has not happened in my lifetime and has most likely never happened ever? That's a fun question. I want to hear Rachel Maddow and Wolf Blitzer discussing that question. Gravely.

...With tears would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I hope they get caught. It will be interesting to learn more about who they really are.
    OK, so here we have a pretty good bell-weather.

The media is totally gonna fall for this. Hook. Line. Sinker.

This is gonna be beautiful.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If I had a gay black son, he would look a lot like.... whoever this guy is.

Until he got the bleach poured on him, lol.

OK, not seeing it debunked yet, we will have to wait a few hours, perhaps up to eight.
    It is debunked.

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/29/c...that-jussie-sm

OP should update the post
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    It is debunked.

Damnit, far too quickly. This needs at least 24 hrs. in the sNewz cycle to get things really ginned up!

It is debunked.

The mods should update the thread title too.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

If I had a gay black son, he would look a lot like.... whoever this guy is.

Until he got the bleach poured on him, lol.
    I always carry around a spare bottle of bleach. Ya just never know when you might need it.

Damnit, far too quickly. This needs at least 24 hrs. in the sNewz cycle to get things really ginned up!
    I agree.

And I went and read Reason and look, this was only a very partial debunking. It's still some crazy racist bleaching thing. They're just quibbling about the specific racist phrases.

That's actually a good place to be. "They said Make America Great, Wolf!" "Well, now, let's be fair, I hear some reports they actually just said Make Chicago Great Again."

Let's keep it here. I want no more reports of debunking for at least twenty-four hours, exactly as Phill says.

There is a lot of psychic activity on this forum. We should open a psychic hotline.

Sounds like something he wants to keep under wraps.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Way too quickly. Fffft, the party never even got started.
    "The Patriarch"

It was those damned Catholic Boys, I know because of the grin I saw on
    that one kids face last week, they is guilty.

It is debunked.

He he he he...

Carmen Phillips

Carmen is Autostraddle's Associate Editor and a black Puerto Rican femme/inist writer. She claims many past homes, but has left the largest parts of her heart in Detroit, MI, Brooklyn, and Buffalo, NY. There were several years in her early 20s when she earnestly slept with a copy of James Baldwin’s “Fire Next Time” under her pillow at night. You can find her on twitter, @Carmencitaloves.

Carmen has written 101 articles for us.

KaeLyn
    January 29, 2019 at 10:38 am

Thank you for writing this, Carmen.
    Renk
    January 29, 2019 at 10:45 am

Thank you
    Dani Z

Thank you for writing about this, Carmen. Sending you lots and lots of love today. <3
    meg
    January 29, 2019 at 10:51 am

thank you for writing this – i’ve been reading all morning and it’s beyond horrifying. sending you so much love.
    Sarah
    January 29, 2019 at 11:08 am

<3 Thank you Carmen <3
    Leigh
    January 29, 2019 at 11:10 am

Thank you, Carmen. I am holding black ***** folks a little closer in my heart today.
    aj
    January 29, 2019 at 11:11 am

Sending out love. <3
    adunlap
    January 29, 2019 at 11:30 am

Sending so much love to Black ***** folks especially. Thank you for speaking about this.
    Erin
    January 29, 2019 at 11:32 am

Love you all. *hugs*
    Katie
    January 29, 2019 at 11:36 am

Thanks Carmen. Sending love and support to black ***** folks.
    LGBT-Rex
    January 29, 2019 at 11:37 am

oh my god. sending all my love to the Black ***** folk who are reading this article, hearing this news, living everyday in a place like the United States.
    Vanessa
    January 29, 2019 at 11:44 am

Thank you Carmen. I love you and I love everyone here. <3
    Jana
    January 29, 2019 at 11:53 am

Thank you Carmen for writing this and still looking to provide us with comfort and feelings of safety. I’m thankful for this community and for black ***** peeps. Sending love, support and hugs to y’all
    hihello
    January 29, 2019 at 12:07 pm

I don’t have the words for how heartbreaking this is. Thank you for yours, Carmen. I’m holding you and everyone feeling the pain of this in care.
    Warrior Princess
    January 29, 2019 at 12:30 pm

This is awful! I hope the police catch the people who did this.
    Hannahsmh
    January 29, 2019 at 12:39 pm

This is absolutely terrible and I am getting furious with all the ‘it might have been tied with race/homophobia’ in the different news outlets – there is no ‘might’. It is what it is.

Also want to mention how much I love the sentence ‘ I refuse to censor the open wounds of that pain.’.
    Show Replies ▼
    Iarrann mé
    January 29, 2019 at 1:01 pm

On the sincere snide: hugs to everyone, and thank you Carmen for speaking out.

On the snarky side: I’ve done it! I’ve figured out how you can take facts like “shouting racial slurs, pouring bleach on someone, putting a rope around their neck and hollering ‘This is MAGA country'” and come up with _mmmmaaaayyyyyyyy_ be tied to racism or homophobia! This is who wrote those mealymouthed analyses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf1mQOnjh4Y (especially starting around 1:00).
    Elliot
    January 29, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Trump supporters are terrorists, may they all burn
    Jeanna
    January 29, 2019 at 1:41 pm

Thank you Carmen. So much love. <3
    Natalie
    January 29, 2019 at 2:20 pm

Thank you for this, Carmen.

Love and light from all of those carrying the emotional weight of this attack on your shoulders today.
    Emma2711
    January 29, 2019 at 2:46 pm

<3
    Alexis
    January 29, 2019 at 3:15 pm

“The hate that fuels white supremacy also fuels homophobia. That won’t be reported in other mainstream media takes because it is hard to face such hatred with clear eyes. But we must. We must look at hatred for what it is because that is the only way to fight against it.”

Thank you for this Carmen. I had just gotten woken up from a post-therapy lowkey cry nap when I heard this and just. It’s a lot (I’ve marathoned a lot of black gay media recently and was feeling really hopeful? and this kind of took the air out of me). The first reports I read made it seem like it wasn’t nearly as bad, but one of the first black reports I read gave the real details and I don’t know. Thank you for making this space for us and refusing to censor out the word. It means a lot. Thank you.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    He he he he...

Carmen Phillips

Carmen is Autostraddle's Associate Editor and a black Puerto Rican femme/inist writer. She claims many past homes, but has left the largest parts of her heart in Detroit, MI, Brooklyn, and Buffalo, NY. There were several years in her early 20s when she earnestly slept with a copy of James Baldwin’s “Fire Next Time” under her pillow at night. You can find her on twitter, @Carmencitaloves.

Carmen has written 101 articles for us.

KaeLyn
    January 29, 2019 at 10:38 am

Thank you for writing this, Carmen.
    Renk

Thank you
    Dani Z

Thank you for writing about this, Carmen. Sending you lots and lots of love today. <3
    meg
    January 29, 2019 at 10:51 am

thank you for writing this – i’ve been reading all morning and it’s beyond horrifying. sending you so much love.
    Sarah
    January 29, 2019 at 11:08 am

<3 Thank you Carmen <3
    Leigh
    January 29, 2019 at 11:10 am

Thank you, Carmen. I am holding black ***** folks a little closer in my heart today.
    aj
    January 29, 2019 at 11:11 am

Sending out love. <3
    adunlap
    January 29, 2019 at 11:30 am

Sending so much love to Black ***** folks especially. Thank you for speaking about this.
    Erin
    January 29, 2019 at 11:32 am

Love you all. *hugs*
    Katie
    January 29, 2019 at 11:36 am

Thanks Carmen. Sending love and support to black ***** folks.
    LGBT-Rex
    January 29, 2019 at 11:37 am

oh my god. sending all my love to the Black ***** folk who are reading this article, hearing this news, living everyday in a place like the United States.
    Vanessa
    January 29, 2019 at 11:44 am

Thank you Carmen. I love you and I love everyone here. <3
    Jana
    January 29, 2019 at 11:53 am

Thank you Carmen for writing this and still looking to provide us with comfort and feelings of safety. I’m thankful for this community and for black ***** peeps. Sending love, support and hugs to y’all
    hihello
    January 29, 2019 at 12:07 pm

I don’t have the words for how heartbreaking this is. Thank you for yours, Carmen. I’m holding you and everyone feeling the pain of this in care.
    Warrior Princess
    January 29, 2019 at 12:30 pm

This is awful! I hope the police catch the people who did this.
    Hannahsmh
    January 29, 2019 at 12:39 pm

This is absolutely terrible and I am getting furious with all the ‘it might have been tied with race/homophobia’ in the different news outlets – there is no ‘might’. It is what it is.

Also want to mention how much I love the sentence ‘ I refuse to censor the open wounds of that pain.’.
    Show Replies ▼
    Iarrann mé
    January 29, 2019 at 1:01 pm

On the sincere snide: hugs to everyone, and thank you Carmen for speaking out.

On the snarky side: I’ve done it! I’ve figured out how you can take facts like “shouting racial slurs, pouring bleach on someone, putting a rope around their neck and hollering ‘This is MAGA country'” and come up with _mmmmaaaayyyyyyyy_ be tied to racism or homophobia! This is who wrote those mealymouthed analyses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf1mQOnjh4Y (especially starting around 1:00).
    Elliot
    January 29, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Trump supporters are terrorists, may they all burn
    Jeanna
    January 29, 2019 at 1:41 pm

Thank you Carmen. So much love. <3
    Natalie
    January 29, 2019 at 2:20 pm

Thank you for this, Carmen.

Love and light from all of those carrying the emotional weight of this attack on your shoulders today.
    Emma2711
    January 29, 2019 at 2:46 pm

<3
    Alexis
    January 29, 2019 at 3:15 pm

“The hate that fuels white supremacy also fuels homophobia. That won’t be reported in other mainstream media takes because it is hard to face such hatred with clear eyes. But we must. We must look at hatred for what it is because that is the only way to fight against it.”

Thank you for this Carmen. I had just gotten woken up from a post-therapy lowkey cry nap when I heard this and just. It’s a lot (I’ve marathoned a lot of black gay media recently and was feeling really hopeful? and this kind of took the air out of me). The first reports I read made it seem like it wasn’t nearly as bad, but one of the first black reports I read gave the real details and I don’t know. Thank you for making this space for us and refusing to censor out the word. It means a lot. Thank you.
    Is an autostraddle like scissoring?

False flag alert.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Sounds like a false flag attack.

Why not just update the headline with the original breitbart heading? Which was

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast