Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: IL - Gay black actor beaten, bleached, attackers shout "This is MAGA country!"

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Disorderly conduct charges filed.
    I know that's a felony, but it still seems pretty light for what he's done.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Disorderly conduct charges. What a joke. If any of us did this, we'd get thrown in prison. If you're a gay black man, you get a slap on this wrist.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I know that's a felony, but it still seems pretty light for what he's done.
    Agreed. I hear once this is over he is headed to Kentucky to tackle a senator.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Disorderly charges. If any of us did this, we'd get thrown in prison.
    But to be fair, this is just the CPD's charges. The Feds are looking into the letters with white powder sent to him, which is obviously also bull$#@!, and a much more serious crime. Faking a terrorist incident is on a different level, legally.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Maybe that was his plan all along?
    Getting butt $#@!ed in prison must be on his bucket list.
    Entirely possible...now days.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

And filing false police report.

Disorderly conduct charges. What a joke. If any of us did this, we'd get thrown in prison. If you're a gay black man, you get a slap on this wrist.
    This dipsh!t will be recognized anywhere he goes, and its just a matter of time before he really steps into "MAGA Country".

When it happens, some will not believe him, and those who do will probably think its funny.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

A quickie of the brothers buying ski masks and a red hat etc....

Last edited by Mach; 02-21-2019 at 02:25 AM. Reason: video: better store view
    FJB

The Bleach Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    This dipsh!t will be recognized anywhere he goes, and its just a matter of time before he really steps into "MAGA Country".

When it happens, some will not believe him, and those who do will probably think its funny.
    If he steps into MAGA country, the worst that will happen is that he will get laughed at. Contrary to the MSM reporting, people in fly over country are pretty mellow unless provoked to defend themselves.

He's been charged with a crime.

They're not even going to bother with the whole Empire crime?

No pun intended, but just a whitewash.

This attack alone is a serious hate crime, the attempted manipulation of Society.

https://news.yahoo.com/latest-fox-sa...174435896.html

CHICAGO (AP) -- The Latest on the attack reported by Jussie Smollett (all times local):

7:50 p.m.

Attorneys for Jussie Smollett say they will mount an "aggressive defense" of the "Empire" actor after he was charged with making a false report that he was attacked in Chicago last month.

Attorneys Todd Pugh and Victor Henderson say in a statement: "Like any other citizen, Mr. Smollett enjoys the presumption of innocence... "

It did not say where Smollett is and when he might turn himself in to police.

Smollett is charged with disorderly conduct for falsely reporting an attack on Jan. 29. The charge is a Class 4 felony that carries a possible prison sentence of 1-3 years, but he could also receive probation.

___

6:55 p.m.

Chicago police say 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett has been charged with felony disorderly conduct for allegedly filing a false police report when he reported that he was attacked by two masked men.

Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says the Cook County State's Attorney's office approved the felony charge on Wednesday afternoon. The charge is a Class 4 felony that carries a possible prison sentence of 1-3 years, but he could also receive probation.

Smollett reported to police that on Jan. 29 two masked men shouted racial and homophobic slurs at him, beat him, threw a chemical substance at him and looped a rope tied like a noose around his neck.

The charges against Smollett were filed after two men who allegedly took part in the scheme testified before a grand jury.

___

6:45 p.m.

An attorney representing two brothers implicated in the alleged scheme by 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett to file a false police report in what he's said was an attack by masked men in Chicago last month says the two testified before a grand jury for a total of 2 ½ hours and that they did take money from Smollett.

Gloria Schmidt told reporters at the Chicago courthouse after Abimbola "Abel" and Olabinjo "Ola" Osundairo appeared before the grand jury on Wednesday that the two did not testify as part of any plea deal with prosecutors and said that the two were not granted any immunity from prosecution.

She said there was a point where the account of the men needed to be told and that they "manned up and said, 'We're gonna correct this.'"

The testimony came after the brothers were released from custody by police who said they were no longer suspects. Their testimony came the same day that police department said that Smollett is now considered a suspect for "filing a false police report" and that the case has been referred to a grand jury

___

4:55 p.m.

A spokeswoman says Chicago's top prosecutor recused herself from the Jussie Smollett investigation because she had had conversations with one of the "Empire" actor's family members and "facilitated a connection" with the police department.

Tandra Simonton said Wednesday that Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx recused herself from the case last week "out of an abundance of caution." The move was announced Tuesday.

Foxx's first assistant, Joe Magats, is overseeing the case.

A police official says Smollett is suspected of lying about the attack and that detectives were presenting evidence to a grand jury Wednesday afternoon.

Smollett has repeated stood by his account. The black and gay actor told police that two masked men attacked him early on Jan. 29 and hurled racist and homophobic slurs at him.

Smollett's lawyers didn't respond to repeated requests for comment on Wednesday.

___

4:30 p.m.

A police official says "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett is now considered a suspect "for filing a false police report" and that detectives are presenting the case against him to a grand jury.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi tweeted the news on Wednesday after Smollett's attorneys met with prosecutors and detectives.

Smollett told police he was attacked by two masked men while walking home from a Subway sandwich shop at around 2 a.m. on Jan. 29. He says they beat him, hurled racist and homophobic insults at him and looped a rope around his neck before fleeing.

Police couldn't find surveillance video of the attack but questioned two men who were initially deemed as suspects but who were released Friday. On Saturday, Guglielmi said information from the men had "shifted" the investigation and that police want to speak to Smollett again.

___

3:10 p.m.

A police official says lawyers for Jussie Smollett are meeting with prosecutors and police investigators about the reported attack on the "Empire" actor late last month.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says the meeting was taking place Wednesday afternoon. He declined to confirm reports that subpoenas had been issued for Smollett's phone and bank records.

Smollett told police he was attacked by two masked men while walking home from a Subway sandwich shop at around 2 a.m. on Jan. 29. He says they beat him, hurled racist and homophobic insults at him and looped a rope around his neck before fleeing.

Police couldn't find surveillance video of the attack but questioned two men who were initially deemed as suspects but who were released Friday. On Saturday, Guglielmi said information from the men had "shifted" the investigation and that police want to speak to Smollett again.

___

11:45 a.m.

Fox Television says "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett "continues to be a consummate professional on set" and it has reiterated that he's not being written out of the show.

The statement issued Wednesday by 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment follows reports that Smollett's role on the show was being slashed amid police investigations into the actor's report that he was attacked in Chicago last month.

The 36-year old told Chicago police that two masked men beat him, yelled homophobic and racial slurs and looped a rope around his neck. Smollett is black and gay.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said last week that media reports about the attack being a hoax were unconfirmed by case detectives. Police said Saturday that their investigation had "shifted" after they interviewed two brothers who were arrested and later released.

___

6:40 a.m.

Chicago police say they've dismissed a tip that on the night "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett reported being attacked by two masked men, he was in an elevator at his apartment building with two brothers later arrested and released from custody.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Tuesday that a person in the building reported seeing the three together the night in question last month. But he says video evidence shows the report isn't credible.

Guglielmi says the two brothers meet with investigators Tuesday. There was no immediate word on what they discussed.

Smollett has said two masked men hurled racial and homophobic slurs at him, beat him and looped a rope around his neck. Smollett is black and gay.

On Saturday, police announced that the "investigation had shifted" following interviews with the brothers. Police have requested another interview with Smollett.
    Last edited by Mach; 02-20-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    FJB

Charged with Felony Disorderly Conduct.

Punishable 1-3 Years
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Charged with Felony Disorderly Conduct.

Punishable 1-3 Years
    He still may face Federal charges WRT mailing of letter with white powder through the USPS (aspirin).

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I would be very surprised if it ended up that way. You have a lot of people from all sides calling for his head and a DA who I would assume would want to make a name for himself with this. I predict a moderate jail sentence with option for early release with good behaviour but he will spend time in the pen. And even worse for him, I don't see any way he would be able to rehab his image when he gets out.
    We'll just have to wait and see, you have more faith in the system than I do it seems.
    With that noted, we already have people in the media trying to give him the out I mentioned:

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    We'll just have to wait and see, you have more faith in the system than I do it seems.
    With that noted, we already have people in the media trying to give him the out I mentioned:
    If I was a betting man, my bet would be on him getting some jail time. He has embarrassed, defamed a lot of people on both sides and those people will be looking to make a scapegoat off him. The prosecutors wins big by handing out a reasonable sentence. I heard the recommendation for his charge is probation to 3 yrs. I would think 6 months plus a lot of probation will satisfy a lot of people without being too excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Meme

HEP ME! HEP ME! O' LOAD... D'NAZZY STRAI'WHA'MAN A GYNE'A'GIT ME...

I'd really like to know what is going on here. All of a sudden even the least dregs of self-preserving, basic sense is magically flying from the "minds" of those on the. so-called "left"?

I can think of only two strong possibilities here - either this is a psyop conspiracy of proportions even I cannot readily accept as plausible in that They could not possibly find so many people to knowingly fall on their swords for the cause, or the psyop we all know is happening in plain sight, led by "media" has proven itself far more effective than even Theye ever dared imagine. I vote for the latter, and that should give everyone very serious pause. If media is in fact that capable, and I believe that it is when taken as a gestalt (IOW no single element wields such effect, but all together the power is there between all elements, properly applied), the question of Constitutional rights comes squarely under the withering light of question. Off the top of my head, I would suggest that there is a large difference between individual rights of free speech and those corporate. Once again, the power of the super-organism shows itself for what it is: potentially huge, and not necessarily of good effect. IMO, the notion of corporate personhood needs to be reexamined with close scrutiny and minds more honest and/or capable than those who have landed us in this circumstance. The courts are NOT to be trusted in any way or degree on such matters.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    If I was a betting man, my bet would be on him getting some jail time. He has embarrassed, defamed a lot of people on both sides and those people will be looking to make a scapegoat off him. The prosecutors wins big by handing out a reasonable sentence. I heard the recommendation for his charge is probation to 3 yrs. I would think 6 months plus a lot of probation will satisfy a lot of people without being too excessive.
    the head prosecutor already recused herself and pawned it off on an underling and now the head cops have opened up a case into locating/prosecuting the cops responsible for leaking info to reporters keeping this in the news instead of letting him get away with it and the politicos helping cover it up.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 02-21-2019 at 08:40 AM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    In an even more disturbing development, it seems Smollett may have tried to take advantage of what he saw as an opportunity to frame completely innocent people for the hoax.

The Empire actor had told police he’d be willing to sign off on criminal complaints against the two ‘suspects’ when they were in custody. Yet when Smollett found out that police arrested the Osundairo brothers in regards to the incident, he declined to pursue charges, as he had earlier indicated he’d be willing to.

This change of heart suggests that Smollett would have been willing to press charges against hypothetical individuals arrested by Chicago police in connection to the attack. With the incident appearing almost certainly to be a hoax, Smollett would’ve been enabling the criminal prosecution of individuals who were completely blameless.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/jussie...ents-for-hoax/
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Seriously...?

$#@! this guy.
    Meh. As big an $#@! as Smollett appears to be, I'm just not seeing it. Smollett knew the attack never actually happened - so he had no reason to expect that he would ever be in the position of having to follow through with "sign[ing] off on criminal complaints" against anyone. (Of course he declined to pursue charges against the Osundairo brothers - they were his accomplices. But this fact doesn't suggest anything at all about whether he'd have pursued charges against any innocent schmucks who might have ended up being wrongly suspected.)

Denouncing Smollett on the basis of what can be imagined he might have done if things had been other than they actually are is ... well ... it's exactly the kind of thing Smollett was trying to do. And it's exactly what Shaun King tried to do[1] with the Jazmine Barnes killing. That's part of what makes them such $#@!s. Let's not be like them. There's plenty to condemn these jackasses for without having to resort to counterfactuals as some kind of "evidence" ...

[1]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun King View Post
    We live in a time where somebody could do something like this based purely on hate or race. And that it turned out to not be the case I don’t think changes the devastating conclusion that people had thought something like that was possible.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

the head prosecutor already recused herself and pawned it off on an underling and now the head cops have opened up a case into locating/prosecuting the cops responsible for leaking info to reporters keeping this in the news instead of letting him get away with it and the politicos helping cover it up.
    How do you know this? I would not be surprised, mind you.

Question: since all arrests and investigations are public property, how could cops be prosecuted for releasing to the public that which belongs to it? That's a semi-rhetorical question, though I'd still like to hear the tortured reasoning in justification of such charges. I would also say that as much as I despise cops, those responsible should be rallied behind and given the strongest possible protections, if anything were to develop along these lines. Whistleblowers need to be supported when they do the right things.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    How do you know this? I would not be surprised, mind you.
    Well, I don't know. But it is being reported on a blog run by a Chicago cop. Seems like a decent source.
    Charges Filed

No, not on Smolett - that is sooooooo yesterday. No, we're talking about Special Ed filing charges against "unknown officers:"
    The Superintendent has pulled CR number in regards to the continual leaks of investigation surrounding Smolett case. He is pissed off with leaks and that victims attorney are no longer cooperating with CPD but going directly to CCSA offices at 26 & Cal.

Attorneys for Alleged victim cite reasons for this is due to CPD has a major confidentiality problem?

I say it’s called transparency and competence in job.

But what do I know with 30 years of service?
    It was obvious to any cop worthy of the title (no Special Ed, not you) that there was going to be a political cover-up from the beginning. But the "leaks" kept a couple reporters in the loop and a blog (CWB) who weren't willing to let "business as usual" bury this bit of Hollywood slander because real people got hurt and real reputations got damaged and real resources got wasted instead of being spent on real victims.

Quite frankly, we're happy that some people finally found a line they weren't willing to cross for the political class and were willing to embarrass Rahm, Special Ed, Crimesha, and every other pandering $#@! who bow down to the cult of victimhood.

Perhaps this can become a trend? Judging by Special Ed's history of "merit" picks, especially for captain, he isn't going to catch anyone leaking to reporters any time soon.

And filing false police report.
    That is the disorderly charge. The question is, "Why was he not charged with Obstruction of Justice as well?"

(720 ILCS 5/31-4) (from Ch. 38, par. 31-4)
    Sec. 31-4. Obstructing justice.
    (a) A person obstructs justice when, with intent to prevent the apprehension or obstruct the prosecution or defense of any person, he or she knowingly commits any of the following acts:
    (1) Destroys, alters, conceals or disguises physical

evidence, plants false evidence, furnishes false information; or
    (2) Induces a witness having knowledge material to
    the subject at issue to leave the State or conceal himself or herself; or
    (3) Possessing knowledge material to the subject at
    issue, he or she leaves the State or conceals himself; or
    (4) If a parent, legal guardian, or caretaker of a
    child under 13 years of age reports materially false information to a law enforcement agency, medical examiner, coroner, State's Attorney, or other governmental agency during an investigation of the disappearance or death of a child under circumstances described in subsection (a) or (b) of Section 10-10 of this Code.
    (b) Sentence.
    (1) Obstructing justice is a Class 4 felony, except

as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection (b).
    (2) Obstructing justice in furtherance of streetgang
    related or gang-related activity, as defined in Section 10 of the Illinois Streetgang Terrorism Omnibus Prevention Act, is a Class 3 felony.
    (Source: P.A. 97-1079, eff. 1-1-13.)

​I think he is more likely to face additional State charges re the letter than federal. Probably another disorderly for another false report.
    Last edited by bv3; 02-21-2019 at 09:32 AM.

He is not privileged enough to be charged with harsher crimes.

Imagine Cory Booker was assaulted while mowing his yard.

Well, I don't know. But it is being reported on a blog run by a Chicago cop. Seems like a decent source.

OK then. That's all I wanted to know. Seems credible enough, at least for now. Doesn't make any immediate sense that this would be planted, controlled opposition disinformation, though you can never really know, given how subtle strategy can get, regardless of its validity in terms of results.

If only the cops would be more like this... such as in mind their own $#@!ing business where no crime is in progress. Kid fires up a spliff on the courthouse steps, police do nothing in spite of the drug laws precisely because those laws aren't.

Imagine Cory Booker was assaulted while ho-mowing his yard.
    Fixed that fer'ye

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Meh. As big an $#@! as Smollett appears to be, I'm just not seeing it. Smollett knew the attack never actually happened - so he had no reason to expect that he would ever be in the position of having to follow through with "sign[ing] off on criminal complaints" against anyone. (Of course he declined to pursue charges against the Osundairo brothers - they were his accomplices. But this fact doesn't suggest anything at all about whether he'd have pursued charges against any innocent schmucks who might have ended up being wrongly suspected.)

Denouncing Smollett on the basis of what can be imagined he might have done if things had been other than they actually are is ... well ... it's exactly the kind of thing Smollett was trying to do. And it's exactly what Shaun King tried to do[1] with the Jazmine Barnes killing. That's part of what makes them such $#@!s. Let's not be like them. There's plenty to condemn these jackasses for without having to resort to counterfactuals as some kind of "evidence" ...
    Valid points. Do not become that against which you hold complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    This was either performed by criminals who had planned this for a while against this specific victim and really did their homework, or it's a hoax. There is no way this was just an opportunistic attack. I am betting on a hoax.
    Nailed it.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I'm basing that on the fact that he said he would press charges.

Until, of course, he found out it was his cronies that got pinched.

He may not have had that planned initially, but once the whole thing started to unravel, well, all bets were off.

That combined with the fact that I'm pretty sure he's a dimwit, literally not very bright, makes the scenario not too hard to believe.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-21-2019 at 10:01 AM.

I'm basing that on the fact that he said he would press charges.

Until, of course, he found out it was his cronies that got pinched.

He may not have had that planned initially, but once the whole thing started to unravel, well, all bets were off.
    But what else was he going to say? Especially since he had no reason to think that any (innocent) suspects would ever be found (knowing as he did that no attack had actually occurred). And the (not-innocent) suspects that were found were his own accomplices, so of course he didn't pursue charges against them. But that doesn't tell us anything about what he would have done if someone else had been wrongly suspected.

That combined with the fact that I'm pretty sure he's a dimwit, literally not very bright, makes the scenario not too hard to believe.
    I'm not saying that he would not have pursued charges against any innocent suspects, had there been any. Perhaps he would have. Perhaps not. We just don't know what he would have done in that case, because the opportunity never occurred.

What I'm saying is that we can't reasonably condemn him on the basis of counterfactual speculation that he might have done so, despite the fact that he actually didn't - just like Shaun King doesn't get to say, "Well, all my bull$#@! is validated because I imagine it could have happened that way, even though it really didn't." Once we start doing that, then the Jussie Smolletts and Shaun Kings of the world will win. (They might win anyway - but there's no reason to grease the skids for them ...)

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast