Thread: Rand Paul’s Civil Lawsuit Expected To Go To Trial Monday

Rand Paul’s Civil Lawsuit Expected To Go To Trial Monday

Lets keep this thread updated with any news:

WARREN COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18)– Senator Rand Paul’s civil trial against his neighbor, Rene Boucher, is set to begin Monday, according to the Kentucky Trial Court Review.

Boucher allegedly attacked Paul in November 2017 over a lawn maintenance dispute.

Details from the incident reveal that Paul suffered a hernia in addition to six broken ribs. His doctors compare the incident to a 25 mph car crash.

Boucher pleaded guilty to assaulting a member of Congress and was sentenced to 30 days in prison.

The senator has quantified his damages at $500,000 or pain and suffering and an additional $1 million in punitive damages.
    https://lex18.com/news/covering-kent...-begin-monday/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The senator has quantified his damages at $500,000 or pain and suffering and an additional $1 million in punitive damages.
    Senator is kidding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_...#United_States
    Last edited by timosman; 01-28-2019 at 06:51 AM.

''Assaulting a member of Congress''
    This is another 'protected class' ?

Why is the neighbor not being prosecuted by the DA, or is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    ''Assaulting a member of Congress''
    This is another 'protected class' ?

Why is the neighbor not being prosecuted by the DA, or is he?
    He was. He plead guilty. This is a CIVIL suit.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He was. He plead guilty. This is a CIVIL suit.
    Right I realize it is a 'civil suite' , that is the point of the question.
    Thanks, glad to know he was criminally charged, and what a piece of work;
    go next door , sneak up on neighbor, beat him senseless.......

I would also to it that the neighbor has his Hedge Trimmers confiscated, this
    guy is a nutcase.

According to the courier-journal jury selection begins today so we're unlikely to get much news I think for today at least...

lawn maintenance dispute
    LOL. Leftist media still covering for this guy.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Rand should take the guy for everything he has and everything he will ever have.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Rand testified today...

details:

Rand Paul testifies he feared for his life after 2017 attack

https://abc3340.com/news/nation-worl...er-2017-attack
    Last edited by Warlord; 01-28-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Drudge is covering the trial

He posted this link which contains some video of Rand's testimony:

https://www.kentucky.com/news/politi...225167965.html

Sen. Rand Paul testifies he thought he might die during neighbor’s attack

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congre...attack-in-2017

Apparently the jury will visit Rand's yard some time this week

Good I hope he gets every penny he is asking for and gets a good security detail for he and his family. I am sorry this was no isolated lawn dispute, that guy was put up to that and was paid handsomely to hurt Rand.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    lawn maintenance dispute
    LOL. Leftist media still covering for this guy.
    If someone gets in your face, or even tries to kill you the simple fact that you exist and are a non leftist makes you part of a 'dispute'.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Good I hope he gets every penny he is asking for and gets a good security detail for he and his family. I am sorry this was no isolated lawn dispute, that guy was put up to that and was paid handsomely to hurt Rand.
    He was supposed to KILL Rand, as a doctor he knew enough medicine to know that the injuries he chose to inflict had a high probability of causing death.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He was supposed to KILL Rand, as a doctor he knew enough medicine to know that the injuries he chose to inflict had a high probability of causing death.
    I believe that guy was a anesthesiologist. I agree with you. He was allegedly retired and he probably was having money issues and someone paid him a visit and made him an offer he couldn't refused. After all, Boucher only received a sentence of 30 days, for injuring a sitting senator.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Rand testified today...
    details:
    Rand Paul testifies he feared for his life after 2017 attack
    https://abc3340.com/news/nation-worl...er-2017-attack
    "At this point, I thought, 'I can't breathe. ... If I do nothing, this may be the last breath I ever take, because whoever is doing this isn't stopping.' And I really thought if I got another blow to my back, I wasn't going to survive. And so really I did think I could die at that point. The thought crossed my mind that I may never get up from this lawn again,
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Day 2:
    BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP) — Rand Paul's attacker acknowledged Tuesday that he wasn't thinking rationally when he tackled Paul while the Republican senator was doing yard work at his Kentucky home.

An apologetic Rene Boucher told a jury that he attacked Paul after watching the senator start forming a brush pile near their property line in an upscale Bowling Green subdivision.

"It was an irrational thing I did, and it's two minutes of my life I wish I could take back," Boucher said. "What I did was wrong."

The day before the 2017 attack, which left Paul with several broken ribs, Boucher said he had burned another brush pile that Paul had created near the property line. Boucher said he doused that pile with gasoline and set it on fire. An explosion burned his face, neck and arms, and Boucher said he was still in severe pain the next day when he attacked Paul.

Recounting the attack, Boucher testified that he ran at Paul at about three-quarters speed.

"My left shoulder hit his ribs and broke his ribs, and for that I am very sorry," Boucher said.

Earlier Tuesday, radiologist Sean Willgruber, who helped Paul on and off an examination table after the attack, testified that Paul was walking with a "grandmother shuffle."

Paul needed three or four times longer to get on the table than patients routinely do, Willgruber said. He testified that "it wouldn't be unheard of" for people who had suffered broken ribs to deal with continued pain.

In his lawsuit against Boucher, Paul is seeking up to $500,000 in compensatory damages and up to $1 million in punitive damages.

Boucher's lawyer, Matt Baker, has conceded that a "reasonable award" might be in order for Paul's pain and suffering but has said no punitive damages should be awarded.

Boucher pleaded guilty to assaulting a member of Congress and was sentenced to 30 days behind bars. He served most of his time at a federal prison in Illinois. He also was fined $10,000 and served 100 hours of community service. Federal prosecutors have appealed the sentence, saying 21 months of prison time would have been appropriate.

While questioning Boucher, Paul's lawyer, Tom Kerrick, wondered whether Boucher had an obsession about his yard. Kerrick also noted that Boucher never filed a complaint with the neighborhood homeowners association about Paul's yard maintenance. Boucher said Tuesday that he talked to the HOA president but conceded he didn't "put anything in writing."
    More
    https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/m...0527aca19.html

Federal prosecutors have appealed the sentence, saying 21 months of prison time would have been appropriate.
    Good.

That's still not enough though.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jury awards Sen. Rand Paul more than $582,000 in lawsuit against Bowling Green neighbor

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WDRB) -- A jury awarded U.S. Sen. Rand Paul more than $582,000 on Wednesday in the lawsuit against his Bowling Green neighbor, Rene Boucher.
    Boucher attacked Paul more than a year ago in a rage over yard waste Paul had piled on their property line. Paul suffered six broken ribs and is recovering from hernia surgery. Boucher pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 30 days in federal prison, which he already served.
    Paul's lawsuit against Boucher asked for up to $1.5 million in damages. The jury came to a verdict after nearly two hours of deliberation:

Medical Expenses: $7,834.82
    Pain and Suffering: $200,000
    Punitive Damages: $375,000
    https://www.wdrb.com/news/jury-award...J0aLhYNJ5J_Yzo
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Jury awards Sen. Rand Paul more than $582,000 in lawsuit against Bowling Green neighbor

https://www.wdrb.com/news/jury-award...J0aLhYNJ5J_Yzo
    Not enough.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment