Thread: Neocon Chameleons Return As Progressives

Neocon Chameleons Return As Progressives

Neocon Chameleons Return As Progressives

The decline and closure of the neocon flagship journal, The Weekly Standard, did not slow the neocons at all. They are back with a new publication funded by a left-wing billionaire, but preaching from the same neocon playbook. Why do neocons continue to change their stripes, from Trotskyites in the 1930's, to Reagan conservatives, to Hillary-ite liberals?
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate. - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why do neocons continue to change their stripes, from Trotskyites in the 1930's, to Reagan conservatives, to Hillary-ite liberals?
    Something along the lines of, "The better to eat you with, my dear!" ...

They're just going back where they came from. Been trying to get them the hell out of the GOP since Rockefeller screwed Goldwater.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Reason #104 to be glad that Trump is president: The Neocons leaving the GOP and going back to the Democrat party.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

https://www.twitter.com/USAB4L/statu...26101573419009
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate. - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

A bit from the article discussed in the video.

Curious Bedfellows: The Neocon and Progressive Alliance to Destroy Donald Trump

Indeed, the largely successful swing by the neocons from right to left has in some ways become more surreal, as an increasing number of progressive spokesmen and institutions have lined up behind their perpetual warfare banner. The ease with which the transformation took place reveals, interestingly, that the neocons have no real political constituency apart from voters who feel threatened and respond by supporting perpetual war, but they do share many common interests with the so-called liberal interventionists. Neocons see a global crisis for the United States defined in terms of power while the liberals see the struggle as a moral imperative, but the end result is the same: intervention by the United States. This fusion is clearly visible in Washington, where the Clintons’ Center for American Progress (CAP) is now working on position papers with the neoconservative American Enterprise Institute (AEI).

https://www.unz.com/pgiraldi/curious...-donald-trump/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

When Pete Buttigieg announced he was running for president last night, this line in his speech caught my attention:
    I think we are living through a total realignment in the politics of this country.
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?457199...ttee&start=177

He didn't say what he meant, and I don't think anybody asked. But it stood out to me as an odd line. I hypothesize that he was talking about the realignment the OP is talking about, and that he has hopes to set himself apart from much of the Democrat field by being a champion of a strong military and foreign intervention who can get the support of neoconservatives. He was a big Hillary supporter, and is an Afghanistan War veteran. I don't know if he's ever said much about foreign policy or indicated any lack of support for the Iraq War, but my impression of him is that he's overall favorable toward the nation-building cause.