Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New York passes bill allowing abortions up to birth, for any reason

New York passes bill allowing abortions up to birth, for any reason

+
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LiveActio...67518826500096

This is the sound from the NY Senate chamber after the 38-24 vote to:

- Add abortion to the NY Constitution

- Allow non-physicians to commit abortions

- Allow abortion through third trimester

- Repeal protections for surviving babies

Pure evil.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

There can be no living in the same country with people like this, we must part ways or put them down as the murderers that they are.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

This is just heartbreaking. I don’t think we can ever lobby or legislate ourselves out of the culture of death. Prayer is always the first and best option because we join where God is working. He can close down the obortuaries.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

PS: I think New York wants to outpace California in its diabolical heart. Soon it will become the Evil Empire State.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

What a disgrace the state of New York is. Grover Cleveland would be disappointed if he saw what his state is doing.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    There can be no living in the same country with people like this, we must part ways or put them down as the murderers that they are.
    I think the silent one will take care of them. Their cities will burn.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I think the silent one will take care of them. Their cities will burn.
    I am happy to let GOD deal with them if we can separate from them but I think separation will require bloodshed anyway.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I am happy to let GOD deal with them if we can separate from them but I think separation will require bloodshed anyway.
    Transhumanism.
    Infanticide
    Usury
    War.

New York City isn't long for this world. And I'm speaking as of native. Though LA has worse stuff going on there. Covens and the like.

I'm not even a Bible thumper and I can see the severe imbalances that will require an act of "equilibrium." Unnatural evil will be reduced at some point by forces beyond our comprehension. Sure, we may all suffer greatly until that point, but that's life.
    Last edited by AuH20; 01-22-2019 at 08:50 PM.

iH8
    ny
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    iH8
    ny

No rifles for you citizen, but if you want to insert your baby into a blender, NO PROBLEM. The soul collector is open 24/7.

Sure, we may all suffer greatly until that point, but that's life.
    Bad times (shtf) happens now and then. I read somewhere that about 7 million starved in the US during the Great Depression. We're even bigger and due for a harder fall. This year or 50 years from now, we will face adversity. Be prepared, my friends. As you said, that's life.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Bad times (shtf) happens now and then. I read somewhere that about 7 million starved in the US during the Great Depression. We're even bigger and due for a harder fall. This year or 50 years from now, we will face adversity. Be prepared, my friends. As you said, that's life.
    They left us with a big tab. Pain for pain.

An abortion clinic would be a great place to attract unclean spirits, given the vibrational anguish that takes place there.
    Last edited by AuH20; 01-22-2019 at 09:06 PM.

So what does the AMA say about abortion? Do they have guidelines? You’d think that an actual medical association would say something to the effect that “late term abortion should never be performed after x months as the baby is viable outside the womb”.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If anyone wants to write a petition here is a link.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/

I'd like to see New York secede. But if someone writes a petition I'll sign it.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

If the RCC wasn't so corrupt, they'd excommunicate his ass.

Last edited by AuH20; 01-22-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    If anyone wants to write a petition here is a link.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/

I'd like to see New York secede. But if someone writes a petition I'll sign it.
    To expel NY from the union?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

To expel NY from the union?
    Sure!

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

If the RCC wasn't so corrupt, they'd excommunicate his ass.
    It's everywhere, my own church not only failed to excommunicate Harry Reid but never even denied him a Temple Recommend.(Certification of worthiness to participate in sacred ordinances)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's everywhere, my own church not only failed to excommunicate Harry Reid but never even denied him a Temple Recommend.(Certification of worthiness to participate in sacred ordinances)
    The Bishop of Albany blasted him for this bill. Cardinal Dolan is conspicuously quiet, because that's his buddy.

Read this. Great letter.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/deacon...-andrew-cuomo/

Dear Governor Cuomo,

Although in your recent State of the State address you cited your Catholic faith and said we should “stand with Pope Francis,” your advocacy of extreme abortion legislation is completely contrary to the teachings of our pope and our Church. Once truth is separated from fiction and people come to realize the impact of the bill, they will be shocked to their core. By that time, however, it may be too late to save the countless lives that will be lost or spare countless women lifelong regret.

The so-called Reproductive Health Act (RHA) will expand abortion under the pretenses of choice and progress, which, in fact, it will do little to enhance. At the same time, this legislation threatens to rupture the communion between the Catholic faith and those who support the RHA even while professing to follow the Church, something that troubles me greatly as a pastor.

Contrary to what its proponents say, the RHA goes far beyond Roe vs. Wade in its aggressive extremism. Granting non-doctors permission to perform abortions does nothing to advance the security and health of women. Condoning coerced or involuntary abortions by repealing criminal sanctions even in cases where a perpetrator seeks to make his partner “un-pregnant” through an act of physical violence does not represent any kind of progress in the choice, safety or health of women. Removing protection for an infant accidentally born alive during an abortion is abject cruelty, something most people of conscience would deem inhumane for even a dog or cat. Finally, allowing late-term abortions is nothing less than a license to kill a pre-born child at will.

It is very difficult to understand how you can align yourself with Pope Francis and so vehemently advocate such profoundly destructive legislation.

I find myself wondering how it can be viewed as “progress” to have gone from a society working to make abortion “rare” to one that urges women to “shout your abortion” as some advocates of this bill boldly announce.

How is it progress to ignore the harm that this will do, not only to innocent infants, born and unborn, but to their mothers? Does the heartache of so many New York women who have been pained by their abortion decisions matter? Is anyone listening to them? How is it really “pro-choice” when a law, which claims to guarantee choice, moves to expand only one option for women?

If abortion is deemed a fundamental right in New York State, will the State then still be able to issue licenses to pro-life nurses or physicians? Will health facilities which do not provide abortions be certified? Will the law allow that even one dollar be given to maternity services without offering women the “choice” of abortion? These are unanswered questions, but I shudder to think of the consequences this law will wreak. You have already uttered harsh threats about the welcome you think pro-lifers are not entitled to in our state. Now you are demonstrating that you mean to write your warning into law. Will being pro-life one day be a hate crime in the State of New York?

Our young people especially, who have seen their sonograms and who follow the discoveries the sciences have made, know the lies and the despair that proponents of such dangerous and death-dealing legislation are promulgating, even if blindly or unwittingly.

Giving up on life is no excuse for us as a responsible and compassionate people. In so doing, we evade the challenge of accompanying women and the families they are trying to nurture on the long journey. They deserve our courageous and ongoing support in creating conditions under which they will be free to bear and provide for their children.

As a society, we can and must do better. The teaching and intuition of our common faith readies us to help. It is an essential part of our mission to support the lives of all, especially the voiceless, the most vulnerable and marginalized, as Pope Francis always reminds us to do.

Let’s not bequeath to our children a culture of death, but together build a more humane society for the lives of all of our fellow citizens.

Mr. Cuomo, do not build this Death Star.

Sincerely yours,

Most Rev. Edward B. Scharfenberger
    Bishop of Albany

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Sure!
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...hts-violations

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

+

This.

How long until they give the mother a year or two after birth to "terminate" the kid?

I can't find it right now but I know Peter Singer and others have advocated for it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

New York is done.... third-world country.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/22/l...k-legislature/

....the bill maintains abortions as legal within 24 weeks of the start of a pregnancy – “or at any time when necessary to protect a woman’s life or health.’’ Late-term abortions had previously been authorized under state law if they meant saving the life of a woman.

The measure, which takes effect immediately, expands access to abortions by authorizing other health professionals – beyond physicians under a 1970 state law that came three years ahead of the landmark Roe v. Wade U.S. Supreme Court decision – to perform abortions.

Physician assistants will be permitted to also carry out surgical abortions and licensed midwives and nurse practitioners can do nonsurgical procedures using medications if they are “acting within his or her lawful scope of practice," according to the legislation.

“The Legislature finds that comprehensive reproductive health care is a fundamental component of every individual’s health, privacy and equality," reads the opening sentence of the new law.

FJB

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast