Thread: 126 US trained military troops/special forces killed in latest Afghan attack

126 US trained military troops/special forces killed in latest Afghan attack

Reportedly US armoured Humvee used in this attack:

Taliban kill 'more than 100 people' in attack on Afghan military base

Attackers detonated car bomb inside complex in Maidan Wardak province, say officials

Reuters
    Last modified on Mon 21 Jan 2019 10.48 EST

Afghan security officers inspect the area after the attack. One official said 126 people were killed. Photograph: Jawad Jalali/EPA The Taliban have killed more than 100 Afghan security personnel at a military compound in central Maidan Wardak province, a senior defence official has said.
    “We have information that 126 people have been killed in the explosion inside the military training centre. Eight special commandos are among the dead,” said a senior official in the defence ministry in Kabul, speaking on condition of anonymity.
    The official said the assault began on Monday morning, when the attackers drove a car full of explosives through a military checkpoint and detonated the vehicle inside the campus of the National Directorate of Security (NDS) training centre in Maidan Shahr, the provincial capital.
    US army chief says death toll of Afghan security forces is unsustainable

Two gunmen entered the campus after the explosion and shot at soldiers before being gunned down during the clashes.
    Defence ministry officials said the Taliban had used a US-made armoured Humvee vehicle captured from Afghan forces as a car bomb in order to breach the military fortifications.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-military-base

Related

5000 US troops slated for new Afghan surge

Thirty Afghan civilians including 16 children/women killed in U.S. air strike

Top US commander survives attack that leaves key Afghan general dead, 2 Americans wounded

3 Indicted On ‘Massive Fraud’ Connected To Nearly $9 Billion Afghan Contract

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No response reported from White House yet:

After Deadly Assault on Afghan Base, Taliban Sit for Talks With U.S. Diplomats

Image[IMG]https://static01.********/images/2019/01/22/world/22Afghanistan-print/merlin_149533896_c906a839-0a39-4dcd-8330-2a211e2ec7b5-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upsc ale[/IMG]
    A damaged building on Monday after a militant assault on a training center in Wardak Province run by the Afghan intelligence agency. CreditCreditJawad Jalali/EPA, via Shutterstock

• Jan. 21, 2019

KABUL, Afghanistan — The Taliban infiltrated an Afghan intelligence base on Monday, killing dozens who worked for the agency in what officials said was one of the deadliest attacks against the intelligence service in the 17-year war with the Taliban.
    While the Afghan police and army have been dying in record numbers, the loss of elite intelligence forces, who are better trained and equipped, was another indication of the violence stretching the Afghan government’s defenses, even as the United States may be preparing to withdraw some of its troops.
    The attack, early Monday morning, came hours before the Taliban announced it had resumed peace talks with American officials. It was a sign, analysts said, of how violence is likely to grow deadlier even as the sides of the long war have indicated a willingness to seek a negotiated settlement.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/21/w...ce-wardak.html

Abandon Afghanistan.

US army chief says death toll of Afghan security forces is unsustainable
    Such a drama queen, it was 100 afghan soldiers that died, doesn't even matter
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Did anybody find our freedoms in the wreckage?

So the taliban are killing other Afghans . Shocking .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Itsback View Post
    Abandon Afghanistan.
    ^^^

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I guess the Taliban wants us to stay
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Taliban met U.S. special envoy Zalmay Khalilzad in Qatar on Monday, the militant group said, days after threatening to pull out of Afghan peace talks and hours after Taliban fighters killed more than 100 members of the Afghan security forces."Talks between Taliban leaders and U.S. officials have started today in Qatar," Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said in a statement.
    A source close to the talks said members of the Taliban's political office were meeting with Khalilzad in Doha, adding: "They will hopefully finalize a timeline and mechanism of the withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan."

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/taliban-hold-...141545071.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Vietghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Vietghanistan
    "We won every battle ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    "We won every battle ..."
    Oh yea, we can win battles, that's in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

Isn't the wreckage what's left of our freedoms?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    it was 100 afghan soldiers that died, doesn't even matter
    Although they are not of our race/culture , technically Afghan Lives Matter.

Hearing set for former Green Beret accused of murdering alleged Afghan bomb-maker

These 100+ Afghan victims were also US tax payers funded. Even if this news didn't make headline in US MSM, it's not because media doesn't care about civil rights of people of other countries/ races etc, there was MAGA Teen Hat Taunt scandal that unfolded at same time and this news might be in headlines bit later.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Isn't the wreckage what's left of our freedoms?
    Well, I've been told, our military is over there, fighting for our freedoms.

I just figured if they finally find them, they can come home and end the fighting.

Well, I've been told, our military is over there, fighting for our freedoms.

I just figured if they finally find them, they can come home and end the fighting.

Hope springs eternal. Personally? I'm not holding my breath.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Hope springs eternal. Personally? I'm not holding my breath.
    Well, I'm still trying to figure out how or freedoms got over there in the first place.

Well, I'm still trying to figure out how or freedoms got over there in the first place.

Thay're slippery little rascals like that, I guess?
    Chris

Well, I'm still trying to figure out how our freedoms got over there in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Looks like smugglers.

Yes by God, when a life is lost abroad it chips away at America's security,
    prosperity, freedom, culture, our very essence of what we hold
    close to our hearts.

Halliburton

-