Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 578

Thread: [Edit: False] Video of US teens taunting Native American draws fire

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So, not only is the whole narrative false, but the only people exhibiting "hate" were the leftists, by calling the schoolkids "fagggots".
    Leftists don't hate, everything they do is an act of love.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #122

    Truth on the Native American Matter in DC with High School Students

    With the truth characteristically mangled all over the place it's seems a good time for a fresh update with the truth lying somewhere in between. No, the kids didn't march up to the Indians and get in their face, like it's been reported, but it seems they were making asses of themselves in group jeers and shouting matches with the Black Israelites, the third group which was there. You can see the kids getting pumped up and drowning out anyone who might have been speaking nearby, not nice. I know these lily white Catholic school type, boys, who feel quite entitled if they see a Black Lives Matter or anything that looks like it, to disrupt with their own smart-ass antics. Just my experience, tell me I am full of it if you want. Don't care. The long video versions seem to support this, to my eyes. This is when Phillips says he felt obliged to step in between the two groups, so yes he did make the move toward the kid, not the other way around. Truth matters. But below is what he had to say.



    In the end no punches were thrown and all sides showed admirable restraint, in my opinion. The kid stood his ground and the old Indian gave him a lecture with his drum and a chant. So what. What is interesting is how the Zionist media seems hell bent on twisting this around making us all hate each other, and we forget all about the Israeli agenda in Syria using American lives. That should be one and only take-away. That and there should be some lawsuits on the way.



    http://trumpforums.com/index.php?topic=6548.0

    Native American says he tried to ease tensions at Mall


    DETROIT (AP) -- A Native American who was seen in online video being taunted outside the Lincoln Memorial said Sunday he felt compelled to get between two groups with his ceremonial drum to defuse a confrontation.

    Nathan Phillips said in an interview with The Associated Press that he was trying to keep peace between some Kentucky high school students and a black religious group that was also on the National Mall on Friday. The students were participating in the March for Life, which drew thousands of anti-abortion protesters, and Phillips was attending the Indigenous Peoples March happening the same day.
    "Something caused me to put myself between (them) — it was black and white," said Phillips, who lives in Ypsilanti, Michigan. "What I saw was my country being torn apart. I couldn't stand by and let that happen."

    Videos show a youth standing very close to Phillips and staring at him as he sang and played the drum. Other students — some in "Make America Great Again" hats and sweatshirts — were chanting, laughing and jeering.

    Other videos also showed members of the religious group, who appear to be affiliated with the Black Hebrew Israelite movement, yelling disparaging and profane insults at the students, who taunt them in return. Video also shows the Native Americans being insulted by the small religious group as well.

    The U.S. Park Police, who have authority for security on the Mall, were not taking calls from media during the partial government shutdown.

    In a joint statement , the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School apologized and said they are investigating and will take "appropriate action, up to and including expulsion."

    "We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips," the diocese statement read. "This behavior is opposed to the Church's teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person."

    As of Sunday morning, Covington Catholic's Facebook page was not available and its Twitter feed was set to private. Calls to the school went unanswered Sunday.

    According to the "Indian Country Today" website, Phillips is an Omaha elder and Vietnam War veteran who holds an annual ceremony honoring Native American veterans at Arlington National Cemetery.

    Phillips said it was a difficult end to an otherwise great day, in which his group sought to highlight injustices against native people worldwide through marching and prayer. He said his first interaction with the students came when they entered an area permitted for the Indigenous Peoples March.

    "They were making remarks to each other ... (such as) 'In my state those Indians are nothing but a bunch of drunks.' How do I report that?" he said. "These young people were just roughshodding through our space, like what's been going on for 500 years here — just walking through our territories, feeling like 'this is ours."

    Nearby, the black religious activists were speaking about being the only true Israelites. Phillips said group members called the Native Americans "sell-outs."

    Marcus Frejo, a member of the Pawnee and Seminole tribes who is also known as Chief Quese Imc, said he had been a part of the march and was among a small group of people remaining after the rally when the boisterous students began chanting slogans such as "make America great" and then began doing the haka, a traditional Maori dance. In a phone interview, Frejo told the AP he felt they were mocking the dance.

    One 11-minute video of the confrontation shows the Haka dance and students loudly chanting before Phillips and Frejo approached them.
    Frejo said he joined Phillips to defuse the situation, singing the anthem from the American Indian Movement with both men beating out the tempo on hand drums.

    During the incident, Phillips said he heard people chanting "Build that wall" or yelling, "Go back to the reservation." At one point, he said, he sought to ascend to the Lincoln statue and "pray for our country." Some students backed off, but one student wouldn't let him move, he added.

    Although he feared the crowd could turn ugly, Frejo said he was at peace singing despite the scorn. He briefly felt something special happen as they sang.

    "They went from mocking us and laughing at us to singing with us. I heard it three times," Frejo said. "That spirit moved through us, that drum, and it slowly started to move through some of those youths."

    Eventually, a calm fell over the gathering and it broke up.

    The videos prompted a torrent of outrage online. Actress and activist Alyssa Milano tweeted that the footage "brought me to tears," while actor Chris Evans tweeted that the students' actions were "appalling" and "shameful."

    Covington Catholic High School, in the northern Kentucky city of Park Hills, was quiet Sunday as the area remained snow-covered with temperatures in the teens. The all-male school, which has more than 580 students, appeared deserted with an empty police car parked in front of the building.

    The private school's website describes its mission as being "to embrace the Gospel message of Jesus Christ in order to educate students spiritually, academically, physically and socially."
    Last edited by James_Madison_Lives; 01-20-2019 at 07:17 PM.
    His name was Seth Rich.

  4. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    With the truth characteristically mangled all over the place it's seems a good time for a fresh update with the truth lying somewhere in between. No, the kids didn't march up to the Indians and get in their face, like it's been reported, but it seems they were making asses of themselves in group jeers and shouting matches with the Black Israelites, the third group which was there. You can see the kids getting pumped up and drowning out anyone who might have been speaking nearby, not nice. I know these lily white Catholic school type, boys, who feel quite entitled if they see a Black Lives Matter or anything that looks like it, to disrupt with their own smart-ass antics. Just my experience, tell me I am full of it if you want. Don't care. The long video versions seem to support this, to my eyes. This is when Phillips says he felt obliged to step in between the two groups, so yes he did make the move toward the kid, not the other way around. Truth matters. But below is what he had to say.

    In the end no punches were thrown and all sides showed admirable restraint, in my opinion. The kid stood his ground and the old Indian gave him a lecture with his drum and a chant. So what. What is interesting is how the Zionist media seems hell bent on twisting this around making us all hate each other, and we forget all about the Israeli agenda in Syria using American lives. That should be one and only take-away. That and there should be some lawsuits on the way.



    http://trumpforums.com/index.php?topic=6548.0

    Native American says he tried to ease tensions at Mall


    DETROIT (AP) -- A Native American who was seen in online video being taunted outside the Lincoln Memorial said Sunday he felt compelled to get between two groups with his ceremonial drum to defuse a confrontation.

    Nathan Phillips said in an interview with The Associated Press that he was trying to keep peace between some Kentucky high school students and a black religious group that was also on the National Mall on Friday. The students were participating in the March for Life, which drew thousands of anti-abortion protesters, and Phillips was attending the Indigenous Peoples March happening the same day.
    "Something caused me to put myself between (them) — it was black and white," said Phillips, who lives in Ypsilanti, Michigan. "What I saw was my country being torn apart. I couldn't stand by and let that happen."

    Videos show a youth standing very close to Phillips and staring at him as he sang and played the drum. Other students — some in "Make America Great Again" hats and sweatshirts — were chanting, laughing and jeering.

    Other videos also showed members of the religious group, who appear to be affiliated with the Black Hebrew Israelite movement, yelling disparaging and profane insults at the students, who taunt them in return. Video also shows the Native Americans being insulted by the small religious group as well.

    The U.S. Park Police, who have authority for security on the Mall, were not taking calls from media during the partial government shutdown.

    In a joint statement , the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School apologized and said they are investigating and will take "appropriate action, up to and including expulsion."

    "We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips," the diocese statement read. "This behavior is opposed to the Church's teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person."

    As of Sunday morning, Covington Catholic's Facebook page was not available and its Twitter feed was set to private. Calls to the school went unanswered Sunday.

    According to the "Indian Country Today" website, Phillips is an Omaha elder and Vietnam War veteran who holds an annual ceremony honoring Native American veterans at Arlington National Cemetery.

    Phillips said it was a difficult end to an otherwise great day, in which his group sought to highlight injustices against native people worldwide through marching and prayer. He said his first interaction with the students came when they entered an area permitted for the Indigenous Peoples March.

    "They were making remarks to each other ... (such as) 'In my state those Indians are nothing but a bunch of drunks.' How do I report that?" he said. "These young people were just roughshodding through our space, like what's been going on for 500 years here — just walking through our territories, feeling like 'this is ours."

    Nearby, the black religious activists were speaking about being the only true Israelites. Phillips said group members called the Native Americans "sell-outs."

    Marcus Frejo, a member of the Pawnee and Seminole tribes who is also known as Chief Quese Imc, said he had been a part of the march and was among a small group of people remaining after the rally when the boisterous students began chanting slogans such as "make America great" and then began doing the haka, a traditional Maori dance. In a phone interview, Frejo told the AP he felt they were mocking the dance.

    One 11-minute video of the confrontation shows the Haka dance and students loudly chanting before Phillips and Frejo approached them.
    Frejo said he joined Phillips to defuse the situation, singing the anthem from the American Indian Movement with both men beating out the tempo on hand drums.

    During the incident, Phillips said he heard people chanting "Build that wall" or yelling, "Go back to the reservation." At one point, he said, he sought to ascend to the Lincoln statue and "pray for our country." Some students backed off, but one student wouldn't let him move, he added.

    Although he feared the crowd could turn ugly, Frejo said he was at peace singing despite the scorn. He briefly felt something special happen as they sang.

    "They went from mocking us and laughing at us to singing with us. I heard it three times," Frejo said. "That spirit moved through us, that drum, and it slowly started to move through some of those youths."

    Eventually, a calm fell over the gathering and it broke up.

    The videos prompted a torrent of outrage online. Actress and activist Alyssa Milano tweeted that the footage "brought me to tears," while actor Chris Evans tweeted that the students' actions were "appalling" and "shameful."

    Covington Catholic High School, in the northern Kentucky city of Park Hills, was quiet Sunday as the area remained snow-covered with temperatures in the teens. The all-male school, which has more than 580 students, appeared deserted with an empty police car parked in front of the building.

    The private school's website describes its mission as being "to embrace the Gospel message of Jesus Christ in order to educate students spiritually, academically, physically and socially."
    Why should I believe the leftist activists about what happened?

    Here is the story from one of the Covington Catholic students themselves:





    More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/incrim...olic-students/





    Nathan Phillips, the Native American man at the center of the controversy involving Covington Catholic High School students who were unfairly smeared by the media, is raising money with the help of a major big-money left-wing operation, and has a history of appearing in the press claiming to be a victim of anti-Native racism.
    “[Phillips] is a Vietnam Veteran and former director of the Native Youth Alliance,” according to Heavy.
    The Native Youth Alliance appears to be a standalone entity. However, the larger well-funded Native Youth Leadership Alliance — which told us that it is not associated with Phillips — is currently promoting Phillips’ fundraising campaign stemming from the incident with the Catholic teens.
    The Native Youth Leadership Alliance (NYLA) is a non-profit organization that is funded by the same far-left power players who are often involved in bankrolling leftist causes. The organization’s funding partners include the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, and the Social Justice Fund Northwest.


    The homepage for the NYLA is promoting Phillips’ fundraising campaign.


    The point is this: Phillips is not simply a random Native man who was accosted by “racist” MAGA-hat wearing teens, as the mainstream press has reported. He is connected to leftist activists who donate large sums to leftist causes. And now, he is personally fundraising off the mainstream press’ misdeeds.
    Given that the full, unedited video of the interaction between Phillips and the students shows that Phillips clearly approached the students, and given that he is connected to left-wing social justice causes, one could conclude that he targeted the teenagers for their support of President Donald J. Trump. Yet the mainstream press narrative is exactly the opposite – that the boys targeted Phillips.
    Additionally, this is not the first time that Phillips has been at the center of controversy involving alleged racism against the Native Population. In 2015, Phillips claimed that he was “bombarded by racial slurs” by students at Eastern Michigan University.
    Fox2 reported:
    An Ypsilanti man says he was trying to teach a few students dressed in American Indian theme party about respecting Native Americans.
    Not long afterward, Nathan Phillips said that an interaction with party-goers and students turned ugly.
    Nathan Phillips says he was out for a noon walk on a Saturday in mid-April
    He walked by a home where he saw Eastern Michigan University students dressed as Native Americans.
    “They had little feathers on, I was just going to walk by,” Phillips said. “A group of them said ‘Come on over, come here.'”
    He says he walked over to the fence and saw roughly 30 to 40 students involved in a theme party.
    “They had their face painted,” Phillips said. “I said what the heck is going on here. ‘Oh we are honoring you.’ I said no you are not honoring me.”
    It was a statement he says they took offense to.
    “Then started whooping and hollering,” he said. “I said that wasn’t honoring, that was racist. Then at that time, it really got ugly.”
    Phillips says he was bombarded with racial slurs.
    “(They said) ‘Go back to the reservation, you blank indian,'” he said.
    One student, he says, threw a beer can at him.
    “If I would have stayed where I was at, it would have hit me in the head,” he said. “I backed up and it hit me in the chest.”

    Phillips has proven himself to be something of a leftist activist, and the mainstream press, which still has egg on its face from the embarrassing Thursday display accusing Trump of directing his personal lawyer to lie to the Senate, ought to be treading more lightly.
    Instead, the press has decided to vilify teenaged boys, who did nothing wrong, in yet another despicable display.

    https://bigleaguepolitics.com/exclus...wing-activism/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  5. #124
    First problem: you can see the drumstick is never "mere centimeters" from the kid's nose, to anyone who knows what a centimeter is. That puts a credibility strain on everything else he says.
    His name was Seth Rich.

  6. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    First problem: you can see the drumstick is never "mere centimeters" from the kid's nose, to anyone who knows what a centimeter is. That puts a credibility strain on everything else he says.
    The leftist has much bigger credibility problems.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  7. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    First problem: you can see the drumstick is never "mere centimeters" from the kid's nose, to anyone who knows what a centimeter is. That puts a credibility strain on everything else he says.
    So what point are you trying to prove here?

  8. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    First problem: you can see the drumstick is never "mere centimeters" from the kid's nose, to anyone who knows what a centimeter is. That puts a credibility strain on everything else he says.
    "mere centimeters" is not a centimeter, its a plural. so really there is no way to dispute the statement. It is definitely less than a meter and thus less than 100 centimeters from his nose.

  9. #128
    An old man should know better. I want to know where the groups chaperones were. If that had been my student, I would have been all over that in a hot minute. “Student, walk over to the group and wait for me there. Sir, do we have a problem here?”
    Do something Dodgers.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    First problem: you can see the drumstick is never "mere centimeters" from the kid's nose, to anyone who knows what a centimeter is. That puts a credibility strain on everything else he says.
    Come on, the Native guy was definitely in his personal space. He was within his right to at minimum push him off if he refused to move when asked. There are certain things you can get away with by being an elder and I am not sure this is one of em.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  12. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Come on, the Native guy was definitely in his personal space. He was within his right to at minimum push him off if he refused to move when asked. There are certain things you can get away with by being an elder and I am not sure this is one of em.
    The kid handled it better than 90% of adults I can think of, I doubt that I would have handled it as well.

  13. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The kid handled it better than 90% of adults I can think of, I doubt that I would have handled it as well.
    Oh yea, big kudos to him. Just imagine sitting there for how long he did and how close he was to him without getting annoyed. The better me would have walked away and the $#@! me would push him off after about 5 secs
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  14. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Oh yea, big kudos to him. Just imagine sitting there for how long he did and how close he was to him without getting annoyed. The better me would have walked away and the $#@! me would push him off after about 5 secs
    If he had walked away, they would have pursued. I'm sure of it.

  15. #133
    from James Madison Lives: "The kid stood his ground and the old Indian gave him a lecture with his drum and a chant."

    What was the lecture? I didn't understand a word of it.

    And it's interesting he did not go up to the the other group and beat the drum in the face of a member of the other group, at least that I'm aware of.

  16. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by samforpaul View Post
    from James Madison Lives: "The kid stood his ground and the old Indian gave him a lecture with his drum and a chant."

    What was the lecture? I didn't understand a word of it.

    And it's interesting he did not go up to the the other group and beat the drum in the face of a member of the other group, at least that I'm aware of.
    No, in fact he went to the media and claimed the high schoolers were "beasts" and that the group insulting them and calling them ******s were the "prey", bunch of bull$#@!.

  17. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    No, in fact he went to the media and claimed the high schoolers were "beasts" and that the group insulting them and calling them ******s were the "prey", bunch of bull$#@!.
    Which was a lie. He seems to be one who cries wolf a lot.
    Do something Dodgers.

  18. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    First problem: you can see the drumstick is never "mere centimeters" from the kid's nose, to anyone who knows what a centimeter is. That puts a credibility strain on everything else he says.
    Bull$#@!, try again.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #137
    And CNN's Jake Tapper admitted the media's error...
    .@reason: “Video footage strongly contradicts Native American veteran Nathan Phillips' claim that Covington Catholic High School boys harassed him. The media got this one completely wrong,” writes @robbysoave https://t.co/9Ki4iiTkQ9
    — Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) January 20, 2019
    And even David Brooks flipped...
    Yesterday I had one impression of the maga kids from Kentucky. Now after seeing more videos I have a different more complicated impression. Makes all the hot takes seem silly.
    — David Brooks (@nytdavidbrooks) January 20, 2019
    Finally, Rod Dreher wrote in The American Conservative:
    It is possible that the Catholic boys were complete asses. My initial judgment was that they certainly were that. You don’t treat a peaceful elderly person like this. Even if they thought he was wrong, those boys owed him respect. Yes, the old man approached them, but they could and should have handled him with respect. They come off as bullies.
    But then I watched more clips, showing the greater context of the incident. It is not as simple as it has been portrayed. Below is a more complete video account of what happened. In it, one of the Catholic boys is overheard asking, “Does anybody know what he’s doing? Does anybody know what’s going on here.”
    And, in it, one of the Indians with Phillips shouts: “White people, go back to Europe. This is not your land.” He curses the students with f-bombs (video is NSFW). He goes on: “You’re being a white man about it. That’s all you know how to do.”
    You didn’t see that in the news reporting, did you?
    Nope.


    More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...erican-debacle
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  21. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    So is it a throwaway bit of snark or do you believe it.
    *sigh* There is no single "it" here. You are conflating two distinct statements - one of which was made by you, not me ...

    In response to your criticism of me for "fixing" AF's statement, I characterized the statement I made in post #56 as a "throwaway bit of snark". The statement I said in post #60 that I believed is NOT the one I made in post #56. It is the one YOU composed and asked me about (prior to you presumptuously telling me that I didn't "really" believe it).

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    So my previous post stands, I know you said it but I as a person who has been on this forum with you for years do not THINK you believe that the trigger issue in that story is anything but politics.
    If that is what you actually think (and unlike you, I will not presume to tell you that it is not), then you are simply wrong. I believe that the "trigger issue" in this story involves much more than just politics. You are free to disagree - but once again, please do not lecture me about what you presume to declare I "really" believe about the matter, despite that I have explicitly said otherwise. I have politely asked this of you twice now. I will not be polite if there is a third time.

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    AF original statement was true, it did not need any further analyzing and I was speaking up for it (for the record, AF did NOT ask me to interject, I did it without consulting him)
    I am sure he didn't. Also for the record, AF didn't express any objections when he +repped me for "fixing" his original statement, either ...

    (And I apologize to Anti Federalist for going along with dragging his name into this ... )

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    So even if this is a fallacy, the argument is still solid
    By definition, fallacious arguments are not "solid". Lack of "solidity" is one of the things denoted by the concept of "fallacy".

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I am saying that if you set up a control experiement, the one factor that will always lead to this outcome 99 out of a 100 runs will have a MAGA hat/politics in it.
    And I am saying that MAGA hats are not the only factor that can lead to such outcomes (counterfactual "experiments" with made-up results to the contrary notwithstanding). Presently, there are just too many people going around wearing MAGA hats who have not been subject to this kind of vitriol for it merely to be attributed to "politics" and nothing else. At the same time, there is too much hateful and poisonous rhetoric and other stories of rush-to-judgment "outrage" that don't involve MAGA hats in any way, shape or form. The race-hucksters and SJW-outragers have been ramping up this kind of thing for quite some time now - since well before President Trump and MAGA hats made the scene. And they will continue to do so even after Trump becomes an ex-president and MAGA hats start gathering dust on closet shelves.

    Here's an "experiment" for you. Replace those white teenagers in MAGA hats with black teenagers in the very same MAGA hats. Do that, and we wouldn't be talking about this incident at all - because it almost certainly wouldn't have happened. It almost certainly wouldn't have happened because Phillips and his group almost certainly wouldn't have done what they did. But even if they did, and the group of MAGA-hatted black teens reacted exactly the same way as the MAGA-hatted white teens did, we still wouldn't be hearing about it - because there is absolutely no way in hell that the mavens of spluttering social-justice "outrage" would ever give "legs" to the story by making so much as a peep about what despicable people the black teens were supposedly being, or how they needed to be "punched in the face" (or worse) for being such horrid bigots ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-21-2019 at 01:19 AM.

  22. #139
    The Left is standing their ground calling for the end of these kids, end of their parents, end of their school, etc. I knew they threw reality out the window two years ago, but this is beyond insane. They boys were proven innocent, and liberals are still calling for them to be hung.

    This is bad. Makes me wonder how much longer until total chaos hits.

  23. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    The Left is standing their ground calling for the end of these kids, end of their parents, end of their school, etc. I knew they threw reality out the window two years ago, but this is beyond insane. They boys were proven innocent, and liberals are still calling for them to be hung.

    This is bad. Makes me wonder how much longer until total chaos hits.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  24. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    *sigh* There is no single "it" here. You are conflating two distinct statements - one of which was made by you, not me ...

    In response to your criticism of me for "fixing" AF's statement, I characterized the statement I made in post #56 as a "throwaway bit of snark". The statement I said in post #60 that I believed is NOT the one I made in post #56. It is the one YOU composed and asked me about (prior to you presumptuously telling me that I didn't "really" believe it).



    If that is what you actually think (and unlike you, I will not presume to tell you that it is not), then you are simply wrong. I believe that the "trigger issue" in this story involves much more than just politics. You are free to disagree - but once again, please do not lecture me about what you presume to declare I "really" believe about the matter, despite that I have explicitly said otherwise. I have politely asked this of you twice now. I will not be polite if there is a third time.



    I am sure he didn't. Also for the record, AF didn't express any objections when he +repped me for "fixing" his original statement, either ...

    (And I apologize to Anti Federalist for going along with dragging his name into this ... )



    By definition, fallacious arguments are not "solid". Lack of "solidity" is one of the things denoted by the concept of "fallacy".



    And I am saying that MAGA hats are not the only factor that can lead to such outcomes (counterfactual "experiments" with made-up results to the contrary notwithstanding). There are just too many people going around wearing MAGA hats who have not been subject to this kind of vitriol for it merely to be attributed to "politics" and nothing else. At the same time, there is too much hateful and poisonous rhetoric and other stories of rush-to-judgment "outrage" that don't involve MAGA hats in any way, shape or form. The race-hucksters and SJW-outragers have been ramping up this kind of thing for quite some time now - since well before President Trump and MAGA hats made the scene.

    Here's an "experiment" for you. Replace those white teenagers in MAGA hats with black teenagers in the very same MAGA hats. Do that, and we wouldn't be talking about this incident at all - because it almost certainly wouldn't have happened. It almost certainly wouldn't have happened because Phillips and his group almost certainly wouldn't have done what they did. But even if they did, and the group of MAGA-hatted black teens reacted exactly the same way as the MAGA-hatted white teens did, we still wouldn't be hearing about it - because there is absolutely no way in hell that the mavens of spluttering social-justice "outrage" would ever give "legs" to the story by making so much as a peep about what despicable people the black teens were supposedly being, or how they needed to be "punched in the face" (or worse) for being such horrid bigots ...
    I gave up trying to explain logic to the Che dude.
    "The Patriarch"

    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    As is regularly pointed out on this forum, Trump is an idiot, a liar, and regularly uses bloated exaggeration so why would anyone put much stock into what he says? I think it's easy to figure Trump out. Sorry you are still confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That is a lie.
    @Brian4Liberty, devil keeps spreading this lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I will report violations of the forum rules to the forum staff when they are egregious enough.

    You should remember that.

  25. #142
    "The Patriarch"

    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    As is regularly pointed out on this forum, Trump is an idiot, a liar, and regularly uses bloated exaggeration so why would anyone put much stock into what he says? I think it's easy to figure Trump out. Sorry you are still confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That is a lie.
    @Brian4Liberty, devil keeps spreading this lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I will report violations of the forum rules to the forum staff when they are egregious enough.

    You should remember that.

  26. #143
    So, now lets consider this:

    The entire government media complex and their associated organs, all...ALL were in on the lie that this story was.

    How many other stories are they lying about, every day?

  27. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I am sure he didn't. Also for the record, AF didn't express any objections when he +repped me for "fixing" his original statement, either ...

    (And I apologize to Anti Federalist for going along with dragging his name into this ... )
    No problem at all, I stand by my +rep by the way.

    And I am saying that MAGA hats are not the only factor that can lead to such outcomes (counterfactual "experiments" with made-up results to the contrary notwithstanding). Presently, there are just too many people going around wearing MAGA hats who have not been subject to this kind of vitriol for it merely to be attributed to "politics" and nothing else. At the same time, there is too much hateful and poisonous rhetoric and other stories of rush-to-judgment "outrage" that don't involve MAGA hats in any way, shape or form. The race-hucksters and SJW-outragers have been ramping up this kind of thing for quite some time now - since well before President Trump and MAGA hats made the scene. And they will continue to do so even after Trump becomes an ex-president and MAGA hats start gathering dust on closet shelves.
    They certainly seem to have ramped it up a couple notches.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #145
    The anti-racist Quislings at the utterly worthless National Review were just as quick as the Marxist left to jump on the bandwagon to attack these kids, who, upon further reading seem like upright, decent "Boy Scouts".

    The Covington Students Might as Well Have Just Spit on the Cross

    https://archive.fo/tlwIV#selection-897.1-1233.241

    By NICHOLAS FRANKOVICH
    January 20, 2019 2:55 AM
    It appears that most of the teenagers in this video are from a Catholic high school near Covington, Kentucky, across the Ohio River from Cincinnati. They mock a serious, frail-looking older man and gloat in their momentary role as Roman soldiers to his Christ. “Bullying” is a worn-out word and doesn’t convey the full extent of the evil on display here.
    For some of us, the gospel stories of Jesus’s passion and death are so familiar we no longer hear them. The evangelists are terse in their descriptions of the humiliations heaped on Jesus in the final hours before his crucifixion, the consummate humiliation. Read the accounts again or, if you’d rather not, watch the video. The human capacity for sadism is too great.
    The man the crowd ridiculed is Nathan Phillips, an elder of the Omaha tribe. He was in Washington for the Indigenous Peoples March, on Friday. It coincided with the March for Life, which Covington Catholic High School organized a contingent of students to attend. According to Phillips, their confrontation with him, in the shadow of the Lincoln Memorial, involved a disagreement about “the wall.” He’s against it. They’re for it. Some of them, including the boy who makes himself the co-star of the video by stepping forward and getting in Phillips’s face, wore “Make America Great Again” hats.
    Stay Updated with NR Daily
    NR's afternoon roundup of the day's best commentary & must-read analysis.

    Email Address
    Go
    They confused issues. Over the years, I’ve heard (and perpetrated, I confess) some imaginative definitions of the “seamless garment,” or “consistent ethic of life.” It’s a matter of identifying a common principle that can be shown to underlie and unite various causes — the abolition of abortion, of euthanasia, of the death penalty, of you name it — that most people would say are disparate and unrelated. How heightened border security might be of a piece with protecting unborn children is less intuitively obvious than most such hypothetical linkages I’ve encountered.
    Among the unfortunate messages that the Covington students are sending through the video, several versions of which have gone viral, is that in its heart the pro-life movement in the United States in 2019 is less concerned to advocate for human rights than to cheer for one of the two major political parties or, more broadly, for one side in the great divide between Right and Left, or red and blue, as if the abortion debate were a Yankees–Red Sox game. Don’t do that if you want to persuade Democrats and independents who are ambivalent about abortion to hear you out on why their lives mattered even when they were gestating, and on why the lives of those who at any given moment are conceived but not yet born matter no less.
    In a joint statement, Covington Catholic High School and the Diocese of Covington apologized, condemning the students’ actions and noting that their conduct “is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.” I don’t know how Phillips would describe his religious affiliation. He speaks of indigenous traditions. Some people who observe them integrate them with Christianity, but some don’t. In any case, keeping in mind the parable of the proper priests and the Good Samaritan, whose religious practice Jesus’s listeners thought was wrong, listen to Phillips reflect on his experience on the Mall. Decide for yourself who is more pleasing to Christ, Phillips or his mockers. As for the putatively Catholic students from Covington, they might as well have just spit on the cross and got it over with.

  30. #146
    Matthew 19:18

    18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

  31. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    So is it a throwaway bit of snark or do you believe it.
    *sigh* There is no single "it" here. You are conflating two distinct statements - one of which was made by you, not me ...

    In response to your criticism of me for "fixing" AF's statement, I characterized the statement I made in post #56 as a "throwaway bit of snark". The statement I said in post #60 that I believed is NOT the one I made in post #56. It is the one YOU composed and asked me about (prior to you presumptuously telling me that I didn't "really" believe it).
    And furthermore, with respect to my characterization of my comment in post #56 as being a "throwaway bit of snark", there's the fact that something being a "throwaway bit of snark" is not incompatible with that thing expressing something that is believed or believable.

    As I understand and use the term, "snark" is just wisecracking that is often ironic or sarcastic in nature. This does not in any way require that the substance underlying the form of the expression cannot be credible. And as for it being "throwaway", that was just a reference to the fact that my comment was a brief "one-liner" that had been made in passing without much if any elaboration.

  32. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    ...conflating ...
    Love it, I had to look that up , when I read the definition it
    reminded me of juxtapose, which is bringing similar things together.
    I find that a lot of people with a predilection for conflation also tend
    to italicize their periods and commas.

  33. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Leftists don't hate, everything they do is an act of love.
    Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    The Left is standing their ground calling for the end of these kids, end of their parents, end of their school, etc. I knew they threw reality out the window two years ago, but this is beyond insane. They boys were proven innocent, and liberals are still calling for them to be hung.

    This is bad. Makes me wonder how much longer until total chaos hits.
    @Zippyjuan
    Last edited by spudea; 01-21-2019 at 05:17 AM.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

  34. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Leftists don't hate, everything they do is an act of love.
    So Very True, so much so that they're willing to beat us to death to prove it.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Video of Chicago cop opening fire on a car full of unarmed black teens
    By phill4paul in forum Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-21-2017, 09:40 AM
  2. American jailed over video mocking Dubai teens
    By aGameOfThrones in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 04:55 PM
  3. Must See Video: False Flags & the American Interest
    By libertygrl in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 11:22 AM
  4. Native American Elizabeth Warren video of the day
    By Agorism in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 10:55 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 11:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •