Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: [Edit: False] Video of US teens taunting Native American draws fire

So the victim with the drum has no credibility. There you go.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Believe as you will. Please return the courtesy by not presuming to tell me what I believe.
    So is it a throwaway bit of snark or do you believe it. I can understand if you are using hyperbole or sarcasm for shock and entertainment value. So my previous post stands, I know you said it but I as a person who has been on this forum with you for years do not THINK you believe that the trigger issue in that story is anything but politics.

Lighten up, Che. You are way over-analyzing a throwaway bit of snark.
    I am not over analyzing anything, AF original statement was true, it did not need any further analyzing and I was speaking up for it(for the record, AF did NOT ask me to interject, I did it without consulting him)

But since you went there ...

Your assertion that "You can factor out just about everything in that scenario but the stupid MAGA hat and that crowd would treat him the same way" is some kind of evidence that this incident was not about race or gender constitutes a fallacy of denying the antecedent. Even if it is the case that the MAGA hat alone could have been sufficient to have caused the reaction, it does not follow that only the MAGA hat could have caused it (i.e., that it could only be "because of politics not race or gender").
    No, not even going there with you. So even if this is a fallacy, the argument is still solid, I am saying that if you set up a control experiement, the one factor that will always lead to this outcome 99 out of a 100 runs will have a MAGA hat/politics in it.

A GoFundMe is now active to raise money to help the Covington Catholic high school students who have been attacked by the mainstream media, doxxed, and subjected to violent threats. (HERE’S THE LINK).

The Covington students could file lawsuits in their defense if they are expelled or can prove libel on the part of the mainstream media. The GoFundMe has set a goal of $1 million.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/breaki...olic-students/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Some of them were just rabid, they weren't all the same nor were they somehow more virtuous than Europeans, they did horrible things to eachother long before the white man came.
    Yep. Noble Savage is largely a myth. Granted, there were tribes more civilized than others.

Here is the story from one of the Covington Catholic students themselves:

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/incrim...olic-students/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    That's what makes them horrible people. The intolerant left. The proof is right there in the picture posted earlier in the thread: the left will happily put bullets in the head of anybody who dares openly dissent with their progressive agenda.
    Yep, can't argue with that. Btw, getting death threat on the internet is not all its cracked up to me, its easy to send and virtually nothing ever comes out of it. I remember all the people in gamergate that were getting death threats, some git 1000s of death threats and nothing ever happened to any of em.

Not condoning it but people get super ballzy when they are behind a keyboard.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some of them were just rabid, they weren't all the same nor were they somehow more virtuous than Europeans, they did horrible things to eachother long before the white man came.
    "White" men did horrible things to "white" men.. if there were such men..

"White" is a description given by the State. Though it is a poor description since not even albinos are really white.

It is still a pointless description,, used only for the division of people,, for control purpose. It is a pointless descriptor in intelegent discussion.

The State defines me as White. I am Human.. and a Descendant of Adam.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    "White" men did horrible things to "white" men.. if there were such men..

"White" is a description given by the State. Though it is a poor description since not even albinos are really white.

It is still a pointless description,, used only for the division of people,, for control purpose. It is a pointless descriptor in intelegent discussion.

The State defines me as White. I am Human.. and a Descendant of Adam.
    The Injuns called us the "white man", they seemed to think there was a significant difference, if you don't like it then go talk to them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I don't believe it and a part of me doesn't even think you believe it. But that is actually beside the point. AF post was right and did not need fxing, the reason why they came after him was because of politics not race or gender.

You can factor out just about everything in that scenario but the stupid MAGA hat and that crowd would treat him the same way. There are some extreme exception but we all know exceptions don't make the rule
    What is your objection to MAGA hats?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    They don't have Che's picture on them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

ha ha......

Hmm, its political propaganda. For example MAGA front man is busy saying how he wants to defend Israel 1000% when our relation to Israel has cost the country in lives and treasure combine this with the many other anti American policy he promotes. The person who came up with the slogan doesn't even believe it.

That is my problem with MAGA hat

See reply 102

Hmm, its political propaganda. For example MAGA front man is busy saying how he wants to defend Israel 1000% when our relation to Israel has cost the country in lives and treasure combine this with the many other anti American policy he promotes. The person who came up with the slogan doesn't even believe it.

I'll give you your Israel stance, I agree, but the rest of it is anecdotal blsht,
    can you back up any thing else you've just said here?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anymore, I don't believe much of anything I see anywhere.

For all I know, a bunch of leftists could put on MAGA hats and then stage an incident and then point at Trump and complain.

A top Democrat has called for a ban on teenagers wearing Make America Great Again hats in response to the debunked viral video alleging a group of pro-Trump Catholic students were harassing a Native American activist.
    House Budget Committee chair Rep. John Yarmuth (D-Ky.) blamed President Trump for the ordeal, claiming that his MAGA hats are “poisoning young minds.”
    “I am calling for a total and complete shutdown of teenagers wearing MAGA hats until we can figure out what is going on. They seem to be poisoning young minds,” he tweeted Sunday.
    I am calling for a total and complete shutdown of teenagers wearing MAGA hats until we can figure out what is going on. They seem to be poisoning young minds. [1/2] https://t.co/yq5bLd4kE2
    — Rep. John Yarmuth (@RepJohnYarmuth) January 20, 2019
    “The conduct we saw in this video is beyond appalling, but it didn’t happen in a vacuum. This is a direct result of the racist hatred displayed daily by the President of the United States who, sadly, some mistake for a role model.”
    The conduct we saw in this video is beyond appalling, but it didn’t happen in a vacuum. This is a direct result of the racist hatred displayed daily by the President of the United States who, sadly, some mistake for a role model. [2/2]
    — Rep. John Yarmuth (@RepJohnYarmuth) January 20, 2019

More at: https://www.newswars.com/top-democra...g-young-minds/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'll give you your Israel stance, I agree, but the rest of it is anecdotal blsht,
    can you back up any thing else you've just said here?
    What persnal anecdote did I use in that last post? Didn't know I used one in it. But how about the fact that he is running up the national debt, antagonizing Russia, continuing the NSA spying regime etc etc. He is essential a typical big govt president with a loud mouth.

What persnal anecdote did I use in that last post? Didn't know I used one in it. But how about the fact that he is running up the national debt, antagonizing Russia, continuing the NSA spying regime etc etc. He is essential a typical big govt president with a loud mouth.
    Look up anecdotal, its not just your personal experiences.

Look up anecdotal, its not just your personal experiences.
    Lets try again, what anecdote did I use in that last post?

...the many other anti American policy he promotes....

-
    What 'many other anti American Polices?..... and in the next post you say
    that the person that came up with the hat doesn't believe in MAGA,
    WUT the heck does that even matter, have you ever designed anything,
    do you know what design work;
    captions, cartoons, is about?

-
    What 'many other anti American Polices?..... and in the next post you say
    that the person that came up with the hat doesn't believe in MAGA,
    WUT the heck does that even matter, have you ever designed anything,
    do you know what design work;
    captions, cartoons, is about?
    None of what you mentioned is anectodal on my part. Yea, I generalized my problems with MAGA by saying "anti American" but to be fair, I gave you examples in my next post. I really have a problem with people who cannot admit it when they are wrong. I did not make any anecdotal statement in the post in question and its OK to admit you were wrong.

I have been wrong 1000x on this site and I will always own up to it when I am caught.

None of what you mentioned is anectodal on my part. Yea, I generalized my problems with MAGA by saying "anti American" but to be fair, I gave you examples in my next post. I really have a problem with people who cannot admit it when they are wrong. I did not make any anecdotal statement in the post in question and its OK to admit you were wrong.

I have been wrong 1000x on this site and I will always own up to it when I am caught.
    I love to admit fail, but so far you haven't backed up your claim it is more than fair to assume that
    you like most liberal Americans have only feelings and what they've heard on CNN as their talking
    points, show me that you are different/.
    What many other anti American policies?

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You have a great evening Jules, I've got to shift into my
    Prime movies now, and beer thirty is very near,
    talk to you tomorrow............

I love to admit fail, but so far you haven't backed up your claim it is more than fair to assume that
    you like most liberal Americans have only feelings and what they've heard on CNN as their talking
    points, show me that you are different/.
    What many other anti American policies?
    Running up the national debt, antagonizing Russia, continuing the NSA spying regime, the wars, staunch support for Israel, NATO and Wahhabi regimes in the ME. I can't think of any other policies atm.

But keep telling yourself you weren't wrong

You have a great evening Jules, I've got to shift into my
    Prime movies now, and beer thirty is very near,
    talk to you tomorrow............
    Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    That's what makes them horrible people. The intolerant left. The proof is right there in the picture posted earlier in the thread: the left will happily put bullets in the head of anybody who dares openly dissent with their progressive agenda.
    I want to make it very clear once again, regarding this.

I used to think you were wrong on this, that your stance was too polarized, too partisan and too divisive.

I used to think that people would be willing to set aside agendas, hatreds, prejudices and biases to come together under a banner of liberty and freedom and limited government.

I was wrong.

Very wrong.

The emboldened Marxist left, having replaced class with race, identity and gender as the banners of totalitarian collectivism, have now made it clear that a murderous Jabcobin purge of white western people and anyone associated with them, is their ultimate dream and goal.

There can be, nor should there ever be, any common cause attempted with evil people like this.

They are the enemy and a clear and present danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There can be, nor should there ever be, any common cause attempted with evil people like this.
    And it becomes even clearer every single day.

I want to make it very clear once again, regarding this.

I used to think you were wrong on this, that your stance was too polarized, too partisan and too divisive.

I used to think that people would be willing to set aside agendas, hatreds, prejudices and biases to come together under a banner of liberty and freedom and limited government.

I was wrong.

Very wrong.

The emboldened Marxist left, having replaced class with race, identity and gender as the banners of totalitarian collectivism, have now made it clear that a murderous Jabcobin purge of white western people and anyone associated with them, is their ultimate dream and goal.

+Rep

Only separation or bloodshed will save us and separation will almost assuredly lead to bloodshed.

The tree of liberty is thirsty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Here is the story from one of the Covington Catholic students themselves:
    So, not only is the whole narrative false, but the only people exhibiting "hate" were the leftists, by calling the schoolkids "fagggots".

So, not only is the whole narrative false, but the only people exhibiting "hate" were the leftists, by calling the schoolkids "fagggots".
    Precisely. The only thing worse than being Christian is being pro-life and Christian.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast