Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: [Edit: False] Video of US teens taunting Native American draws fire

Nick Sandmann is the biggest hero of 2019 so far. He likely will hold that title the whole year.

I stand with Nick Sandmann.

I stand with Gen Z.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His attorneys filed their complaint and intent to sue the Washington post for $250million.
    They lay out a pretty good case here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnio82555v...laint.pdf?dl=0

I hope they collect every nickel.

Anyone remember when Carol Burnette sued the National Inquirer and won?
    Last edited by euphemia; 04-02-2019 at 06:22 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Covington kid also suing CNN

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...0m-lawyer-says
    Covington teenager planning to sue CNN for at least $250M, lawyer says
    BY JOE CONCHA - 03/09/19 05:06 PM EST

A lawyer representing Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann said in a new Fox News interview that Sandmann plans to sue CNN for at least $250 million.

L. Lin Wood, the attorney, said in an interview with Fox News host Mark Levin airing Sunday that they will file the suit early next week, on Monday or Tuesday.

“CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals' homes. It's broadcast into their homes,” Wood told Levin.

"They really went after Nicholas with the idea that he was part of a mob that was attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites, yelling racist slurs at the Black Hebrew Israelites — totally false — saying things like that Nicholas was part of a group that was threatening the Black Hebrew Israelites, that they thought it was going to be a lynching," he continued.

"Now you say you've seen the tape. If you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was, as I've said to others, he was the only adult in the room. But you have a situation where CNN couldn't resist the idea that here's a guy, a young boy, with a 'Make America Great Again' cap on. So they go after him," Wood added.

"They were after him," he said. "They woke up on Saturday morning and started throwing punches. The CNN folks were online on Twitter at 7 a.m. retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece that had been put out by @2020fight. We'll find out who that person or entity was behind that eventually. But they're out there right away going after this young boy. And they maintain it for at least two days."

"Why didn't they stop and just take an hour and look through the internet and find the truth and then report it?" Wood asked. "Maybe do that before you report the lies. They didn't do it. They were vicious. It was false. CNN will be sued next week, and the dollar figure in the CNN case may be higher than it was [against] The Washington Post."

The Hill has reached out to CNN for comment.

“I expect because of the way they went after Nicholas so viciously that the claim for his reputational damage will be higher than it was against The Washington Post. The Post was $50 million for the reputational damage, and we can discuss why that figure, $200 million in punitive damages. Punitive damages are designed to punish and to deter," Wood told Levin.

"Don't ever do this again. I would think the punitive damage award against CNN that we’ll seek will be at least the same $200 million as it was against The Washington Post. But the compensatory damage to Nicholas's reputation, that number I expect will be higher," he added.

Sandmann and Nathan Phillips are at the center of a media firestorm over their interaction at the Lincoln Memorial.

Rachel Frazin contributed to this report.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...0m-lawyer-says

Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post
    Nick Sandmann is the biggest hero of 2019 so far. He likely will hold that title the whole year.

I stand with Nick Sandmann.

I stand with Gen Z.
    Youth of today,

Nick Sandmann vs David Hogg... lol
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Washington Post will file for bankruptcy.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Washington Post will file for bankruptcy.
    When?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    When?
    When they lose the lawsuit.

Fed judge dismisses Sandmann's lawsuit against Washington Post

Just heard that his attorneys are planning to appeal.

Article from AP.
    https://www.fox5dc.com/news/judge-di...ashington-post
    Published 23 mins ago KentuckyAssociated Press

...Federal judge William O. Bertelsman ruled that there may have been "erroneous" opinions published by the Post, but they are protected by the First Amendment.

"Few principles of law are as well-established as the rule that statements of opinion are not actionable in libel actions," Bertelsman wrote in the 36-page opinion issued on Friday.

Sandmann's attorneys also threatened legal action against The Associated Press and other news organizations, and filed multimillion dollar lawsuits against the networks CNN and NBC. In a letter to the AP in February, attorney L. Lin Wood called on the AP to "retract and correct" what his letter asserts are "defamatory statements."

A spokeswoman said at the time that the AP took great care to ensure its stories were measured and fair, reporting the facts of what transpired and adding details as they emerged.

Wood did not reply to an email message seeking comment on the ruling Friday afternoon...

...The lawsuit alleged that the newspaper had "conveyed that (Sandmann) engaged in acts of racism by 'swarming' Phillips, 'blocking' his exit away from the students, and otherwise engaging in racist misconduct."

Judge Bertelsman said in the ruling that he accepted Sandmann's contention that "when he was standing motionless in the confrontation with Phillips, his intent was to calm the situation ..."

But he noted that Phillips asserted that he was being blocked from passing, and Phillips' opinion was reported by the newspaper.

"They may have been erroneous ... but they are opinion protected by The First Amendment," Bertelsman wrote.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/judge-di...ashington-post
    http://www.kyed.uscourts.gov/?q=judge-wob
    The Honorable William O. Bertelsman
    United States Senior Judge
    US District Court
    35 West 5th Street
    Covington, KY 41011

Phone: (859) 392-7900
    Missed this related story from July 12:
    Father of Covington Catholic's Nick Sandmann still wants 'doxing bill'
    Deborah Yetter, Louisville Courier Journal Published 1:44 p.m. ET July 12, 2019 | Updated 5:34 p.m. ET July 12, 2019

FRANKFORT — Claiming his son endured the "most sensational Twitter attack on a minor child in the history of the internet," a Northern Kentucky father is again seeking a bill to ban online "doxing" of children.

Ted Sandmann, the father of Nick Sandmann — the Covington Catholic student whose January encounter with a Native American activist in Washington, D.C., went viral —spoke to lawmakers Friday in support of a bill that would make it a crime to post personal information about an individual with the intent of causing harm.

"Selectively edited" videos of his son, then 16, wearing a red "Make American Great Again" cap while standing face to face with the drum-beating activist at the Lincoln Memorial, prompted a torrent of disparaging tweets and online activity, including threats to his son and his family, Sandmann said.

The Sandmann family has filed lawsuits against several national media outlets over coverage of the incident, but Sandmann, speaking to the House-Senate Judiciary Committee, said he believes lawmakers need to act.

"Although my family has retained some of the best attorneys to pursue our civil claims against the mainstream media and the Twitter mob, I believe legislation to criminalize the worst tendencies of the mob is vital to restoring public discourse," he said.

It is Sandmann's second appearance this year arguing for such legislation. He previously testified on behalf of the measure in the 2019 session of the General Assembly.

It passed the Senate but died in the House.

Sandmann appeared Friday with Sen. Wil Schroder, a Northern Kentucky Republican, who sponsored Senate Bill 240, the doxing bill, and said he will seek to have it enacted in 2020.

Schroder told lawmakers the bill would make it a crime to post information about individuals online with the intent to harass or frighten someone and cause "reasonable fear" of harm.

While the bill is aimed at children, Schoder said he also would seek to have his bill include those 18 or older still in school to cover high school seniors.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ll/1707929001/
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-26-2019 at 05:44 PM.

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Will the family members of the Benghazi situation sue over the false narrative portrayed? A cartoon video...

Four Americans died in the 2012 Benghazi attack: Ambassador Chris Stevens, Information Officer Sean Smith, and two CIA operatives, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, both former Navy SEALs. Stevens is the first U.S. ambassador killed in an attack since Adolph Dubs was killed in 1979.

Sandmann's Battle Against MSM RAGES ON! Viva Frei Vlawg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6csmJDW1qw

The latest developments in the Sandmann saga ... 4 Motions to Dismiss DISMISSED - the lawsuit can now proceed against NYT, ABC, CBS and Rolling Stone. And it's an interesting judgment.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I haven't followed Sandmann's case closely but settling is a major reason why rarely does -good- case law get created to set precedent that other courts must follow. Just pay 'em off to go away before that can happen. In the big picture it would be much better for Sandmann to refuse to settle and let trials fully play out. Discovery, depositions, trial rulings, verdicts, etc. I mean, I get why 99% settle (I did also when I sued a company in federal court so yes I'm a hypocrite lol) but dang so many missed opportunities when settling.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-19-2021 at 06:58 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I haven't followed Sandmann's case closely but settling is a major reason why rarely does -good- case law get created to set precedent that other courts must follow. Just pay 'em off to go away before that can happen. In the big picture it would be much better for Sandmann to refuse to settle and let trials fully play out. Discovery, depositions, trial rulings, verdicts, etc. I mean, I get why 99% settle (I did also when I sued a company in federal court so yes I'm a hypocrite lol) but dang so many missed opportunities when settling.
    The money that was settled wasn't just a drop in the bucket, it was substantial. Nick is now a millionaire and I believe he knows the score of what this means, this kid is not stupid by any means.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    @Zippyjuan you are responsible for death threats and violence against these children

That needs to be read again.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The money that was settled wasn't just a drop in the bucket, it was substantial. Nick is now a millionaire and I believe he knows the score of what this means, this kid is not stupid by any means.
    I don't doubt he's a millionaire now but that's kinda the overall problem imo. Money buys everyone off before anything can change for the better. Maybe he'll do something fantastic with his new wealth, like donate to good candidates, but I'm not holding my breath, especially since there's an NDA requiring secrecy. My bet is he disappears.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I don't doubt he's a millionaire now but that's kinda the overall problem imo. Money buys everyone off before anything can change for the better. Maybe he'll do something fantastic with his new wealth, like donate to good candidates, but I'm not holding my breath, especially since there's an NDA requiring secrecy. My bet is he disappears.
    ///

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I love how everyone has opinions on what others "should" do. With Rittenhouse it was "lay low" "get on with his life." With Sandmann it's "take them all the way through the court system."
    Perhaps Sandmann has simply chosen the "get on with his life" option. He certainly hasn't sought out internet fame like a David Hoag. I imagine he is probably in college and doesn't care to take time out of studies to sit through a half-dozen lawsuits.
    His lawsuits in total amount to close to 1 billion dollars. Even settling at 1% would net him $10 million. Although I have a feeling the settlements were for much, much, more.

^^^^^^
    If I'm reading your quote characterizing other's thoughts correctly, those various opinions are based on different stages of the individual event's circumstances. Rittenhouse part is about whether to get in the middle of a riot. Sandmann part is about whether to see a trial through fully. Apples and oranges.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-19-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920