Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trump says he will make a ‘major’ announcement on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    THE WORLD TURNED UPSIDE DOWN
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ..Annnnnnnnnnd he botched it. Default disappointment, here we are!

He was in a strong position, then dangled this stinker out there as part of the negotiations, making him look yet again, unnecessarily weak.

This is the stuff we are used to at this point with him, 1 step forward, 3 steps back. He knows with 100% certainty how much this angers his base, yet he does so anyways. He actually has had moments to grow his base when withdrawing troops out of the middle east and committing to the shut down, but then pulls this and undoes most of that progress.

Did he spill the beans yet, or still warming up.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post

He was in a strong position, then dangled this stinker out there as part of the negotiations, making him look yet again, unnecessarily weak.

This is the stuff we are used to at this point with him, 1 step forward, 3 steps back. He knows with 100% certainty how much this angers his base, yet he does so anyways. He actually has had moments to grow his base when withdrawing troops out of the middle east and committing to the shut down, but then pulls this and undoes most of that progress.
    There is plenty of time left for him to declare an emergency and build the wall but he is making the Demoncrats look insane and unreasonable right now, he needs to drive moderates away from the Demoncrats in addition to pleasing his base.

There will be no deal but now everyone knows whose fault that is.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    There is plenty of time left for him to declare an emergency and build the wall but he is making the Demoncrats look insane and unreasonable right now, he needs to drive moderates away from the Demoncrats in addition to pleasing his base.

There will be no deal but now everyone knows whose fault that is.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another majorly hyped event which turned out to be insignificant.

Trump playing chess while the dems are playing checkers.

This was a great move if the dems don’t bite and don’t take it.

And if they do, Trump will still get a win out of it, no matter what the fake stream media and their paid shills will say.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Before Announcement: "He's going to break the deep state, defund the CIA, arrests imminent!"

After Announcement: "Amnesty's just part of 2019-D chess..."

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post

EM

While back when he first shocked his base and angered Brietbart, there were rumors that hardline stance on this issue was not ok'd by his top funder.

Incidentally, his top funder who reportedly is a democrat has been on receiving end of criticism from some hard Right conservatives for years.

Ann Coulter attacks Adelson on immigration and banning online gambling

For those who watched speech, did this topic come up at all?

CONFIRMED: President Trump Can Start Laying Off Furloughed Workers After 30 Days

EM

While back when he first shocked his base and angered Breitbart, there were rumors that hardline stance on this issue was not ok'd by his top funder.

Incidentally, his top funder who reportedly is a democrat has been on receiving end of criticism from some hard Right conservatives for years.

Hardcore Conservative Right at Breitbart is turning on MAGA again:

https://www.breitbart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    EM

While back when he first shocked his base and angered Brietbart, there were rumors that hardline stance on this issue was not ok'd by his top funder.

It looks like Adelson's investment finally paid off. Trump probably figures he had to do it now to gain support for his 2020 campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Before Announcement: "He's going to break the deep state, defund the CIA, arrests imminent!"
    He is breaking the deep state, fixing the CIA, and there have been plenty of arrests so far, particularly of sex traffickers and child molestors. Entire rings broken up and arrested, especially in the last two weeks alone. Sorry you keep forgetting that.

After Announcement: "Amnesty's just part of 2019-D chess..."
    The offer of Amnesty for 3 years is definitely a chess move.
    +

Lightbulb Aztlán Chess

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    He is breaking the deep state, fixing the CIA, and there have been plenty of arrests so far, particularly of sex traffickers and child molestors. Entire rings broken up and arrested, especially in the last two weeks alone. Sorry you keep forgetting that.

Yes, an Aztlán Chess move.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    It looks like Adelson's investment finally paid off. Trump probably figures he had to do it now to gain support for his 2020 campaign.
    If he ran in 2020, Adelson's support is almost certainly in the bag for MAGA. More than any other issue, #1 issue for MAGA's top funder is Israel and that has been MAGA's top priority also in actions (strategic ambiguity creating rhetoric aside). MAGA's democrat top funder, who never raised money for US Veterans but raised $60 Million for Israel military, switched his political horses from Dems to GOP because Dems had started to act wobbly on his #1 cause Israel. MAGA has been stellar in comparison.

GOP controlled US Senate’s First Bill, in Midst of Shutdown, to ensure $38B Aid to Israel and no boycotts

Hollywood stars and Trump's top donor Adelson raise record $60m for Israel army

Trump Administration Cuts $25 Million In Medical Aid To Palestinians

Israel plans a Trump station as Trump-naming frenzy sweeps country
    Dec 27, 2017

Trump is a Friend of Zion

$800 million for "humanitarian assistance".
    $805 million for "drug detection equipment".
    75 more "judge teams" to try to reduce the nearly 100,000 immigration cases pending (no cases can be heard during the shutdown so the total is rising).
    2,700 more border/ law enforcement agents.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-19-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    If he ran in 2020, Adelson's support is almost certainly in the bag for MAGA. More than any other issue, #1 issue for MAGA's top funder is Israel and that has been MAGA's top priority also in actions (strategic ambiguity creating rhetoric aside). MAGA's democrat top funder, who never raised money for US Veterans but raised $60 Million for Israel military, switched his political horses from Dems to GOP because Dems had started to act wobbly on his #1 cause Israel. MAGA has been stellar in comparison.

GOP controlled US Senate’s First Bill, in Midst of Shutdown, to ensure $38B Aid to Israel and no boycotts

Hollywood stars and Trump's top donor Adelson raise record $60m for Israel army

Trump Administration Cuts $25 Million In Medical Aid To Palestinians

Israel plans a Trump station as Trump-naming frenzy sweeps country
    Dec 27, 2017

Trump is a Friend of Zion
    Israel's war crimes continue to be completely ignored.

Its only meaningful if they actually think he would attempt to deport them. He should start rounding up all the "dreamers" Monday, and start deportation procedures. If not, they know he is full of $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Its only meaningful if they actually think he would attempt to deport them. He should start rounding up all the "dreamers" Monday, and start deportation procedures. If not, they know he is full of $#@!.
    The optics have nothing to do with whether he will start rounding them up on Monday to deport, it has to do with Trump offering a compromise and the Dems rejecting it. It now becomes the Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer shutdown, at least that is the intended effect I believe. If the public thinks this is a good and fair deal, then the dems look bad. It’s political theater.
    +

The optics have nothing to do with whether he will start rounding them up on Monday to deport, it has to do with Trump offering a compromise and the Dems rejecting it. It now becomes the Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer shutdown, at least that is the intended effect I believe. If the public thinks this is a good and fair deal, then the dems look bad. It’s political theater.
    The problem is a huge portion of the public is delusional. A majority of the rest is psychotic.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    He must wait for SCOTUS to overrule the activist judges first or the Swampublicans will join the Demoncrats and impeach him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Reaction to the plan was generally favorable, with some pro-American border security advocates taking a more negative approach. Mark Krikorian, Executive Director of the Center for Immigration Studies, expressed a nuanced approach towards the deal, stating he’d wait to read detailed language on the proposal before declaring support.
    I hate to disappoint, but (assuming the details are what the president laid out) this is not a terrible deal. No expansion of amnesty for illegals who don't already have it in exch. for more imm. judges, more agents, more tech, more wall. But I'll wait to see the actual language.
    — Mark Krikorian (@MarkSKrikorian) January 19, 2019

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/inside...-the-shutdown/

And he knew they wouldn't accept it anyway.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reaction to the plan was generally favorable, with some pro-American border security advocates taking a more negative approach. Mark Krikorian, Executive Director of the Center for Immigration Studies, expressed a nuanced approach towards the deal, stating he’d wait to read detailed language on the proposal before declaring support.
    I hate to disappoint, but (assuming the details are what the president laid out) this is not a terrible deal. No expansion of amnesty for illegals who don't already have it in exch. for more imm. judges, more agents, more tech, more wall. But I'll wait to see the actual language.
    — Mark Krikorian (@MarkSKrikorian) January 19, 2019

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/inside...-the-shutdown/

And he knew they wouldn't accept it anyway.
    Charlie Brown: "I didn't want to kick the football anyway!"

Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

In the 1st place it is just a rumor and in the 2nd if you read the article it says the Demoncrats won't take the offer and Trump knows they won't take the offer.

If he even does make such an offer it is to expose that the Demoncrats won't make ANY deal that includes increased border security.
    Ya know, I have to admit...

... it's awfully impressive how you manage to make so many posts with Trump's d**k in your mouth.

This is more a of a Bugs Bunny then I ever hoped to imagine. Trump got the left to refuse their own bill of goods that they have been trying to push down our throats for all of these years just out of spite of having to refuse Trumps deal to look tough with their voters. I am starting to like this Trump derangement syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This is more a of a Bugs Bunny then I ever hoped to imagine. Trump got the left to refuse their own bill of goods that they have been trying to push down our throats for all of these years just out of spite of having to refuse Trumps deal to look tough with their voters. I am starting to like this Trump derangement syndrome.
    Politicians not following through on what they said they wanted when they finally have a chance to get it? Ain't no new news here ...

Republicans routinely say they want fiscal constraint - except when they're actually in a position to exercise it. How is this really any different?

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-20-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Charlie Brown: "I didn't want to kick the football anyway!"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's also a good representation of the same concept, yes.
    Pinochet is the model

That's also a good representation of the same concept, yes.
    Trump has the laser.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast