Thread: Another Step Toward Auditing the Federal Reserve

Another Step Toward Auditing the Federal Reserve

Representative Thomas Massie kicked off the legislative New Year on January 3 with H.R. 24, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act. This bill is the latest in a series of bills introduced by the likes of Massie and former Congressman Ron Paul calling for a congressional audit of the Federal Reserve, an event that has never taken place in the Fed’s 105-year history. Once politically unthinkable, the drive to audit the Fed has gained considerable momentum in recent years as many Democrats and even some influential far-left progressives, such as Bernie Sanders, have signaled their support. With a president in the White House who has made no secret of his dislike for the Fed, there is a real possibility that Massie’s bill — should it ever pass the House and Senate — could become law.

“Now is the time,” Massie told Breitbart News, "because I believe the president would sign an Audit the Fed bill. This bill has passed through the House with a veto-proof majority. This last Congress it passed out of committee, but the Speaker [Paul Ryan] did not pick it up. I believe if we can get it on the floor in the House and to the Senate, it would pass with a large majority; we wouldn’t even have to worry about a veto-proof majority because I believe this president would sign it.” Of course, with the House now controlled by ultra-liberal establishmentarians such as Nancy Pelosi, who are determined to avoid any legislative matters that might resonate with a president they detest, Massie’s assessment of the bill’s political prospects may be overly optimistic. But the fact that a majority of congressmen in the last Congress supported a similar bill bodes well for the movement’s eventual success.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/econo...ederal-reserve
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

President Trump will sign it! wooohoo, get it too him for God's sake!

What would be audited which is not already audited?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The Fed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why does ZIppy have to ruin every thread? He's so tedious

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The Fed.
    The Fed is audited. The bill mostly wants to audit the deliberations of the Open Market Committee which are published (though not on the same day).

https://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_12784.htm

Does the Federal Reserve ever get audited?

Yes, the Board of Governors, the 12 Federal Reserve Banks, and the Federal Reserve System as a whole are all subject to several levels of audit and review:

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) conducts numerous reviews of Federal Reserve activities every year.

The Board's financial statements, and its compliance with laws and regulations affecting those statements, are audited annually by an outside auditor retained by the independent Office of Inspector General (OIG). The results of this independent audit are released to the Congress and the public.

The Board’s OIG conducts independent audits, evaluations, and criminal investigations relating to the programs and operations of the Board, as well as those Board functions delegated to the Reserve Banks. Completed OIG reports are publicly available as well as a dynamic Work Plan that lists all of the OIG’s ongoing and planned audit and evaluation work. In addition, completed and active GAO reviews and completed OIG audits, reviews, and assessments are listed in the Board’s Annual Report.
    The financial statements of the Reserve Banks are also audited annually by an independent outside auditor.

Each week, the Federal Reserve publishes its balance sheet and charts of recent balance sheet trends; it also provides an interactive guide to the Fed's balance sheet. The balance sheet is included in the Federal Reserve's H.4.1 statistical release, "Factors Affecting Reserve Balances of Depository Institutions and Condition Statement of Federal Reserve Banks."

In addition, the Reserve Banks are subject to annual examination by the Board. The Board's financial statements and the combined financial statements for the Reserve Banks are published in the Board's Annual Report.

See the audit page on the Federal Reserve Board’s website for more information on all of the above audits as well as more information on the accounting, financial reporting, and internal controls of the Federal Reserve Board and Federal Reserve Banks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Your PayPal account and transactions from the Open Society Foundations ?

Bwaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would love to be proved wrong;
    Hillary is admittedly guilty of espionage, malfeasance , and probably complicit to
    the Benghazi murders, she will never set foot in a prison cell.
    Judicial Watch , Trey Gowdy, Pres Trump have all said some amazing things and
    either directly promised or gleefully indicated, Hillary is history.
    NO ONE AT THE TOP IN AMERICA EVER goes down, what matters is never righteously
    handled and executed, Equal Justice under the law, means the wealthy , and connected
    will always get a pass. I'm not referring to low level lackeys that will fall on occasion
    to make us feel vindicated, I'm talking about the individuals in power that can
    and do bring about the greatest harm to America, Bush ,Obama, Clintons, Comeys etc....
    We have been complaining about the Fed Reserve which caused many to call ALEX JONES ,
    a conspiracy nut for pointing out that they are no more Federal than FedEx,
    and when the truth was found, everyone just said oh yea, they're not Federal gee, and moved on,
    The AUDIT THE FED movement of a few years ago was co opted and squelched.
    The new audit of the Fed push will play out just like the Warren Commission, we'' all feel like we
    accomplished something while in fact nothing will be accomplished.

The ending of the Fed and IRS have been planned for years already.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The ending of the Fed and IRS have been planned for years already.
    Sure.

Anything good that happens on Trump's watch will be spun as part of some evil plot by you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Zippyjuan join date: February 2008.

Certainly if you have been around here since then, you would know that Ron Paul, the namesake of this website, has been attempting to audit the Fed before and after that time, and his efforts have been continued by his son Rand, and allies in the house Amash and Massie.

You would also know that there have been great efforts on this website, to aid, donate, and help in any way possible towards this effort. Now I realize you make it an obligation to interfere and disrupt nearly every meaningful thread on this subforum, but do so under the guise that you are just a caring and friendly Ron Paul supporter that happens to have a few disagreements here and there with some of the fellow board members.

Well I gotta say, you blew it on this one. I don't think you are going to get the typical entourage of supporters here to back you up, because if they come out trying to defend you on this issue, pretending that the Fed is audited in any serious way, they are going to lose a lot of clout which they cannot afford to lose, in order to maintain good liberty loving board member presence.

Just a little too strong on a topic that has a lot of backing by people that actually support and understand Ron Paul.. wait for more Trump-centric topics to go all in on, that way you can still pretend to be a Ron Paul supporting freedom fighter, yet achieve the necessary divisiveness and demoralization.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Sure.

Anything good that happens on Trump's watch will be spun as part of some evil plot by you.
    Hate to tell you this but everything is planned years in advance. If you're just now finding out about it, it's only new to you.

Do I have to post my thread from 2015, again, where I explained exactly what was going to happen and is now happening? Wake up bro. It's all scripted. The truest definition of living in liberty is having a free mind!
    Last edited by devil21; 01-19-2019 at 02:01 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book