Thread: Anti-vaxxers are among the top 'threats to global health', WHO

Anti-vaxxers are among the top 'threats to global health', WHO

Enemies of the Global State?

Anti-vaxxers are among the top 'threats to global health' in 2019, World Health Organization declares

• 'Vaccine hesitancy' joined nine other health problems on the list released on Monday
    • The WHO said a reluctance or resistance to be vaccinated has helped create a resurgence of diseases not seen in year, citing measles in particular
    • A CDC report revealed unvaccinated children up to 35 months old in the US increased four-fold between 2001 and 2015

Anti-vaxxers have been named one of the top threats to global health in 2019 by the World Health Organization (WHO).

The anti-vaccine movement joined air pollution and climate change, HIV, and a worldwide influenza pandemic on the list released on Monday.

'Vaccine hesitancy', as the WHO calls it, 'threatens to reverse progress made in tackling vaccine-preventable diseases.'

The organization added in its statement: 'Vaccination is one of the most cost-effective ways of avoiding disease - it currently prevents [two to three] million deaths a year, and a further 1.5 million could be avoided if global coverage of vaccinations improved.'

Anti-vaxxers were named one of the top threats to global health in 2019 in a list released on Monday by the World Health Organization (file image)

A report released last year from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that the number of unvaccinated children up to 35 months old increased four-fold between 2001 and 2015.

There are several reasons why people are reluctant or refused to be immunized despite readily available vaccines.

A vaccine advisory group to the WHO listed some of the reasons as complacency, difficulty accessing vaccines and lack of confidence.

There are 18 US states that allow non-medical vaccine exemptions due to 'conscientious objector' or 'philosophical/personal beliefs'.

A survey from May 2018 found that support for vaccinations among Americans has fallen 10 percent in the last 10 years.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-declares.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is the global tyranny. So many people think they are here to help you...they're not.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

A vaccine advisory group to the WHO listed some of the reasons as complacency, difficulty accessing vaccines and lack of confidence.
    The only one above that is probably true is lack of confidence. It seems like everywhere I go I see big signs "Get your Flu vaccines here". The largest majority of people care about the health of their children even crappy parents don't want their children to die. If vaccines make children healthier then why oh why are the doctors offices and hospitals filled with sick children? Probably because they are having bad reactions to vaccines which still inn this day and age go mostly unreported.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    The only one above that is probably true is lack of confidence. It seems like everywhere I go I see big signs "Get your Flu vaccines here". The largest majority of people care about the health of their children even crappy parents don't want their children to die. If vaccines make children healthier then why oh why are the doctors offices and hospitals filled with sick children? Probably because they are having bad reactions to vaccines which still inn this day and age go mostly unreported.
    I have not allowed my children to get any flu vaccines. My coworker gets it for herself and her three children every year and laughs that I don’t give them to my kids.

For the past 5 years since I have known her, every year she and ALL her kids get confirmed flu (one time one of the kids almost hospitalized) and my kids have only rarely had a sniffle and fever for a day or two. This year, she caught both strains within a few weeks!

I keep tellin her to stop with the vaccines and give her kids high dose vitamin C every day and she still hasn’t learned...
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ