Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Paul: "I have never been prouder of President Donald Trump."

Thumbs down Proud of Mittens too?

Mistakes happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Leaving is the right thing to do . No more lives should be lost .
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I'm super encouraged that Ron and Rand have both finally
    set aside any bitterness and distrust toward Trump, he
    has proven to be a hell of a lot more of 'the real deal'
    than many had expecting.
    Barring some minor to medium disappointing moves,
    I'm very impressed by Trump's performance.
    Seems that Pense has done well, sure would like to
    see a Trump/Rand ticket though.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Mistakes happen.
    Ya the difference is when the troops come home, you won't admit yours.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Team Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya the difference is when the troops come home, you won't admit yours.
    They're not coming home, some of them are moving a few miles into Iraq, and some will remain in Syria.

You'll never admit it while Trump is still in office, if ever.

Still waiting for the pictures of the troops getting off of the planes, and being welcomed home by their families.

Rand only harms the liberty movement by continually associating it with this leftist President.

I can't imagine no one ever told him this; so I guess he genuinely doesn't get it.

I've not yet reached the conclusion that he doesn't care.

I know ron Paul crowd is not used to it but Rand should have some room to play some politics with fakenews politicians now and then, almost everything in DC is crooked.
    His statement above is looking more and more like a "responds well to praise"/"ego massage" tactic to get MAGA's ear as he can easily swayed on many issues.

Related

From the past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAvgjvk_-0c

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Rand only harms the liberty movement by continually associating it with this leftist President.

I can't imagine no one ever told him this; so I guess he genuinely doesn't get it.

I also cant rack my head as to why he is doing this, can you imagine Rand saying something this idiotic about Obama when he resisted the push to bomb Syria? Yes, it is something good but you do not want the soundbite out there with the lines "I have never been prouder of President xxx". It just seems like something that would come back to bite him.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Still waiting for the pictures of the troops getting off of the planes, and being welcomed home by their families.
    Here you go ...

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Trump Travels To Dover AFB For Dignified Transfer Of 4 Americans Killed In Syria

January 19, 20191:33 PM ET
    Ian Stewart

As President Donald Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo watch, a U.S. Navy team moves a transfer case containing the remains of Scott A. Wirtz, Saturday at Dover Air Force Base.
    Brendan Smialowski/AFP/Getty Images

Updated 5:17 p.m. ET
    President Trump traveled to Dover Air Force Base on Saturday as the remains of four Americans killed earlier this week by a suicide bomber in Syria were returned to the U.S.
    Trump, who met privately with family members of the four Americans, was joined by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/19/68686...illed-in-syria

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Hell no, we won't go!

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Here you go ...
    Reminds me of LBJ's war in Vietnam. Ouch! RIP.

A big deal, especially for those of us caught in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I also cant rack my head as to why he is doing this, can you imagine Rand saying something this idiotic about Obama when he resisted the push to bomb Syria? Yes, it is something good but you do not want the soundbite out there with the lines "I have never been prouder of President xxx". It just seems like something that would come back to bite him.
    Given Rand's statements over the years, going back to articles in his college newspaper, there's no question that he's a libertarian.

So, the only possible explanations are:

(a) He's politically naive,

or (b) He's sold out his principles for perceived personal gain.

I don't believe the latter (though a couple more years of this $#@! might change my mind), so I'm going with the former.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 01-19-2019 at 08:00 PM.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/19/airs...-military.html

US military says airstrike kills 52 al-Shabab extremists in Somalia

The U.S. military on Saturday said it had carried out its deadliest airstrike in Somalia in months, killing 52 al-Shabab extremists after a "large group" mounted an attack on Somali forces.

The U.S. Africa Command said the airstrike occurred near Jilib in Middle Juba region. There were no reports of Americans killed or wounded.

The U.S. statement did not say whether any Somali forces were killed or wounded by the al-Qaida-linked extremists.

Al-Shabab via its Shahada news agency asserted that its attack on two Somali army bases killed at least 41 soldiers. It described the location as the Bar Sanjuni area near the port city of Kismayo.

The U.S. Africa Command made the announcement of the airstrike in a tweet. It said al-Shabab "uses portions of southern and central Somalia to plot and direct terror attacks, steal humanitarian aid, extort the local populace to fund its operations, and shelter radical terrorists."

"Leaving Syria in 30 days" time is up tomorrow.

Given Rand's statements over the years, going back to articles in his college newspaper, there's no question that he's a libertarian.

So, the only possible explanations are:

(a) He's politically naive,

or (b) He's sold out his principles for perceived personal gain.

I don't believe the latter (though a couple more years of this $#@! might change my mind), so I'm going with the former.
    I think I will go with A fr his own sake, I think the whole thing in the media about him having Trumps ear has gone to him head. I think he was hoping that Trump cared about him and his advise that if he put out such a kiss ass statement, Trump would go ahead and withdraw the troops. But the truth is that Trump gives zero f's about Rand and his feeling. He would do what his neocon advisors want him to do and some times he would go against them just like Obama resisted them every once in a while but Rand's opinion is not factored in the decision.

Well, lets hope he learns something from the boo boo cos between going to Canada for hernia surgery(I know, it was a private hospital, but it looks as bad as him going to a Venezuelan clinic for surgery een if its the best in the world) and this, he is beginning to look bad on him.

Sad day for all

You are wrong and Rand is smarter than you.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1085673240469663745

Rand Paul going to the White House...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...he-White-House
    Lol, that tweet did not age well at all. If I was advising Paul, I would have advised against sending out such a tweet.

Lol, that tweet did not age well at all. If I was advising Paul, I would have advised against sending out such a tweet.
    Wtf are you talking about? It's four days old...
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wtf are you talking about? It's four days old...
    Exactly, in just 4 days it has been made useless by Trump reneging on his tweet to withdraw the troops. Just 4 days and we all now know it was a mistake to press send. That is what it means by the saying "xxx, did not age well"

Exactly, in just 4 days it has been made useless by Trump reneging on his tweet to withdraw the troops. Just 4 days and we all now know it was a mistake to press send. That is what it means by the saying "xxx, did not age well"
    We are still leaving Syria.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Dead or alive?

Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit
    Trump Travels To Dover AFB For Dignified Transfer Of 4 Americans Killed In Syria

January 19, 20191:33 PM ET
    Ian Stewart

Last edited by RonZeplin; 01-20-2019 at 04:18 PM.

From the Dept. of Silver Linings ...

Apparently, one good thing about still being in Syria is that we can always be "still leaving Syria" ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-20-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Not too early for Rand to start thinking about the primaries in 2022

So you thought we were going to leave, like, the next day after the tweet?

So you thought we were going to leave, like, the next day after the tweet?
    In December Trump said we would leave Syria in 30 days. That time is up. In March 2018 he said "soon". The timeline keeps getting pushed farther away. Yet another promise backpedaled on.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-21-2019 at 12:46 PM.

What about the release of the FISA documents? What comes first? Leave Syria or release documents?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12