Thread: Senate Hearing: Trump AG Nominee “Good Friends “ with Mueller

Senate Hearing: Trump AG Nominee “Good Friends “ with Mueller

William Pelham Barr (born May 23, 1950) is an American attorney who served as the 77th United States Attorney General from 1991 to 1993 during the first Bush administration.
    On December 7, 2018, President Donald Trump announced that he would nominate Barr to again serve as Attorney General of the United States.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mazie Hirono continues her bid to be the most objectionable, partisan, pandering Democrat hack in Congress. With Schumer, Pelosi, Harris, Booker and Schiff, the competition is stiff, but she can hold her own with the worst of them.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Please no more people that have ties to the Bushes.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Trump has a knack of surrounding himself with enemies, domestic enemies.. neocons and the like

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Trump has a knack of surrounding himself with enemies, domestic enemies.. neocons and the like
    Maybe that is his tactic.

William Barr, attorney general nominee, backs away from prior comments pushing Clinton Foundation investigation

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/16/polit...r-uranium-one/

January 16, 2019

Attorney General nominee Bill Barr reaffirmed Tuesday that, if confirmed, he would allow special counsel Robert Mueller to finish the Russia investigation, but Barr's testimony surrounding a prior eyebrow-raising claim that more should be done to investigate the Clinton Foundation, and his related correspondence with a reporter on that issue, has caught the attention of his critics and raises fresh questions on how he'd handle the issue if confirmed.

Barr was interviewed by The New York Times in the fall of 2017 about the pressure President Donald Trump continued to mount on the Justice Department to investigate his political foes. The Times' Peter Baker reported at the time that some conservatives had latched onto a theory that a Russian energy nuclear agency donated to the Clinton Foundation in order to later secure Hillary Clinton's approval of its purchase of a uranium mining company when she was secretary of state -- otherwise referred to as "the Uranium One scandal" by some in conservative media.
    Baker wrote that Barr "said he sees more basis for investigating the uranium deal than any supposed collusion between Mr. Trump and Russia," and quoted Barr in the article as saying: "To the extent it is not pursuing these matters, the department is abdicating its responsibility."
    It was a noteworthy assertion even at the time given that the allegations against the Clinton Foundation have never been proven and Barr had previously served as attorney general under George H.W. Bush, and his comments only took on greater significance once Barr was picked to be the next attorney general by Trump since he would oversee the Mueller investigation and any probe into the foundation.
    Yet when confronted with the article during Tuesday's Senate confirmation hearing, Barr appeared to distance himself from his past remarks, and said the broader point he was trying to make is that "whatever the standard is for launching an investigation, it should be dealt with evenhandedly."
    "I have no knowledge of Uranium One. I didn't particularly think that was necessarily something that should be pursued aggressively," Barr told Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy of Vermont. "I was trying to make the point that there was a lot out there. I think all that stuff at the time was being looked at by (US Attorney John) Huber," referring to the prosecutor who has been tasked with reviewing the issue at the Justice Department.
    Later Tuesday evening, Baker posted a screen shot of his email exchange with Barr, making it clear Barr "believed that the predicate for investigating the uranium deal, as well as the foundation, is far stronger than any basis for investigating so called, 'collusion'" -- suggesting that the Clinton matter had stronger predication for investigation than Mueller's probe into whether Trump's presidential campaign conspired with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election.

While Barr nevertheless appears on track to get confirmed given the Republican majority in the Senate, Democrats are still pressing for more answers.
    Leahy said that he plans to follow up on the issue in written questions.
    Last edited by timosman; 03-25-2019 at 06:50 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    William Barr, attorney general nominee, backs away from prior comments pushing Clinton Foundation investigation
    Where is the Huber Report?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    He has delayed Syria exit, has placed US troops in Israel and will continue to keep troops in Iraq.
    Neocons are his best buds now and praising him as greatest friend of our closest ally in mideast.

MAGA said today that Deep State America Was the best.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.