Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Steve King kerfluffle

Exclamation The Steve King kerfluffle

Let the purge begin...

House GOP Leaders Remove Steve King from Committee Assignments

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...e-assignments/

The Associated Press
    14 Jan 2019

House Republican leaders voted Monday to remove Rep. Steve King (R-IA) from all of his assigned committees after the Iowa Republican came under fire for his comments about white nationalism in a New York Times interview.
    House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) announced Monday that the Republican Steering Committee voted not to give King any committee assignments in the current session of Congress.

McCarthy, in his statement announcing the decision, called King’s comments “beneath the dignity of the Party of Lincoln and the United States of America.”

Weekly Standard's John Podhoretz Calls Steve King A 'Disgusting Liar And A Stain On American Public Life'

“Steve’s remarks are beneath the dignity of the Party of Lincoln and the United States of America. His comments call into question whether he will treat all Americans equally, without regard for race and ethnicity,” McCarthy said in a statement.

“House Republicans are clear: We are all in this together, as fellow citizens equal before God and the law. As Congressman King’s fellow citizens, let us hope and pray earnestly that this action will lead to greater reflection and ultimately change on his part,” McCarthy added.

In the previous session of Congress, King had served on the House Agriculture, Judiciary, and Small Business committees. He also chaired the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice and was on his way to becoming a ranking member of that committee in the current session before the Steering Committee’s vote.

The Iowa Republican decried the committee’s decision as a “political decision that ignores the truth,” adding that the committee misinterpreted his remarks.

King faced pushback on Thursday after he told the Times that he raised questions about why the terms “white nationalist” and “white supremacist” are considered offensive.

His comments caused an uproar, prompting Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) to call his remarks “unworthy” of the office he holds.

“If he doesn’t understand why ‘white supremacy’ is offensive, he should find another line of work,” McConnell said.

King released a statement clarifying his comments soon after the Times article went live, stating that the Times‘ assumption that he was “an advocate for white nationalism” was incorrect.

King also “condemned” people who support bigotry and rejected “those labels and the evil ideology that they define.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All of the stories seem to be missing any actual statements from King, and certainly nothing that is in full context. What did he say?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Neocons. Podheretz. The merchants.

Do the democrats ever self-police like the republicans do? It's hilarious. Somewhere Samuel Francis is smiling and nodding.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    All of the stories seem to be missing any actual statements from King, and certainly nothing that is in full context. What did he say?
    The exact quote from the NYT:

Mr. King, in the interview, said he was not a racist. He pointed to his Twitter timeline showing him greeting Iowans of all races and religions in his Washington office. (The same office once displayed a Confederate flag on his desk.)

At the same time, he said, he supports immigrants who enter the country legally and fully assimilate because what matters more than race is “the culture of America” based on values brought to the United States by whites from Europe.

“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”
    Heresy!

Impure!!

Burn him!!!

King used the time to say he "made a freshman mistake" talking with a New York Times reporter without recording the interview.

"But one phrase in that long article has created an unnecessary controversy," King said. "That was my mistake."
    “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” King told the Times reporter. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”

On the House floor, King said the quote was taken out of context. King argued he was saying terms like white supremacist, white nationalist and Nazi were "almost always unjustly labeling otherwise innocent people."

"It was about how those words got plugged into our dialogue, not when the words became offensive, which is what the technical interpretation of it is," King said. "It's how did that offensive language get injected into our political dialogue."
    https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...st/2549711002/
    That’s the best I can find. King claims he was talking about how did those become terms to smear people who it probably didn’t really apply to (innocent).

That is a “freshman mistake” all right. What fool, let alone a politician, thinks that they can have an open intellectual conversation with a NYT reporter? And with conflicting reports of the context of such a conversation, who would believe the NYT fake news? They have proven themselves time and again to at the least be biased spinners, who often either lie through omission, or just outright lie.

Seems like a bad statement from King, but considering the sources, skepticism is prudent before stringing people up.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The exact quote from the NYT:
    Heresy!
    Impure!!
    Burn him!!!
    The problem is, the "exact quote" is out of context and is not a full quote:

I just heard that King is now doing a major kowtow. He even mentioned the 6 million.

He just cut off his own balls to keep his seat.

The Party of Lincoln indeed.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    GOP leadership should have asked the NYT reporters for a recording of the full interview. Taking action based upon a “news” report is not the actions of a good leader.

When I was a fireman, we were told NEVER talk to the press. At first I thought that was silly, but then I watched a reporter interview a few of us for something benign. They didn't write down anywhere near the full quote in their notebooks. Maybe four words written per twenty spoken. When it was written up in the newspaper, it resembled what we said, but words were used that none of us spoke. Basically, the reporter wrote what he wanted to get across If I were a politician, I would never speak to the press without an audio recording.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

That is a “freshman mistake” all right. What fool, let alone a politician, thinks that they can have an open intellectual conversation with a NYT reporter? And with conflicting reports of the context of such a conversation, who would believe the NYT fake news?

I dislike Steve King but is European culture superior? Of course it is. Every Hispanic and black country and almost all Asian and Arab countries are $#@!holes. Facts aren't racist. The problem with Steve King's statement isn't factual inaccuracy. The problem is he phrased things in a way that was bound to get this response.

England, Scandanavia, and United States are successful. It used to drive me berserk when the leftists who supported Ron would act the United States is nothing special. The fact of the matter is the United States is the most successful human experiment in world history. And that success is attributable to the ideas of a few dead white guys.

McCarthy, in his statement announcing the decision, called King’s comments “beneath the dignity of the Party of Lincoln and the United States of America.”

Does he mean Lincoln the racist?

Lincoln quotes:

"I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. There is physical difference between the two which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality, and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position."

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races.”

"And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

“I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.”

“There is a natural disgust in the minds of nearly all white people to the idea of indiscriminate amalgamation of the white and black races … A separation of the races is the only perfect preventive of amalgamation, but as an immediate separation is impossible, the next best thing is to keep them apart where they are not already together. If white and black people never get together in Kansas, they will never mix blood in Kansas…”
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

"It's how did that offensive language get injected into our political dialogue."
    When the final political goal of the cultural Marxists were brought into the open a few years back:

The dispossession and displacement of white people, white western political thought and ideals and removal of those people and their ideas from the public square.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The problem is, the "exact quote" is out of context and is not a full quote:

And what do we do with witches?

Burn them!!!

Top House Republican Calls On Steve King To Resign Over White Supremacist Remark

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/top-house-...164058012.html

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wy.), the third-ranking House Republican, on Tuesday said Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) should step down after he questioned why the term “white supremacist” was considered offensive.

“I think he should find another line of work,” Cheney told reporters. “His language questioning whether or not the notion of white supremacy is offensive is absolutely abhorrent, it’s racist, we do not support it or agree with it.”

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I suspect that he did this on purpose for some reason, his use of "white supremacist" is just plain stupid for a politician in this day and age.

Even if you believe that whites are superior either as a matter of culture of genetics you can't say it in public yet, "white nationalism" is pushing the envelope.

I would also like to point out that his quote would have gotten him banned from this site while trolls who promote communism and military interventionism and many other evils are allowed to carry on without interruption.
    Why is that?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The new order

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Top House Republican Calls On Steve King To Resign Over White Supremacist Remark

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/top-house-...164058012.html

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wy.), the third-ranking House Republican, on Tuesday said Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) should step down after he questioned why the term “white supremacist” was considered offensive.

“I think he should find another line of work,” Cheney told reporters. “His language questioning whether or not the notion of white supremacy is offensive is absolutely abhorrent, it’s racist, we do not support it or agree with it.”
    How on earth is Liz Cheney who is just now starting her 2nd term "the third-ranking House Republican"?

How on earth is Liz Cheney who is just now starting her 2nd term "the third-ranking House Republican"?
    Money.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not hating white people is white supremacism. Plain and simple.

Word games. I'm tired of the word games.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Not hating white people is white supremacism. Plain and simple.
    It's OK to be white.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It won't be much of a purge. There aren't many in the House as blatant as Steve King.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Neocon Revial 2014

Published on Jun 17, 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Of course all of this is retarded but did anyone ever stop to ask why the $#@! the house needs a Ag committee in the first place ? ( former rep King committee ). Why does not the media demand $#@! like that be done away with ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Of course all of this is retarded but did anyone ever stop to ask why the $#@! the house needs a Ag committee in the first place ? ( former rep King committee ). Why does not the media demand $#@! like that be done away with ?
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to oyarde again."

"We're gunna impeach the motherfucker"

so the speaker of these words has been punished too, right?

Name, Money, Vagina...not necessarily in that order.

Waiting for the dems to ridicule and demote Keith Ellison.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast