Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pastor Loses Job After Church Sign Stating ‘Homosexuality Is Still A Sin’ Causes Uproar

Pastor Loses Job After Church Sign Stating ‘Homosexuality Is Still A Sin’ Causes Uproar

Pastor Justin Hoke of Trinity Bible Presbyterian Church in Weed, California, has lost his job following both community and alleged internal backlash over the language used in his most recent church sign.

In early January, Hoke designed a sign that read: "Bruce Jenner is still a man. Homosexuality is still a sin. The culture may change. The Bible does not."
    According to SFGate, "a couple dozen" community members gathered to protest the sign on January 6. The protest, called the "Shastina Love Rally," was organized in part by local resident Amelia Mallory.
    A second protest was held on Sunday. According to the most recent count on the official Facebook invite page, 71 people were "going" to the event, and 182 people were "interested."

In an article published just several days ago, Yahoo Lifestyle quoted Pastor Hoke, who said: "We believe that Jesus commands all Christians to let their light shine. We also believe that salvation is only for sinners. Jesus said he came to call sinners, not the righteous. If we give in to cultural demands to stop calling sin 'sin,' then we are robbing people of opportunity to hear the truth."

Despite there being no outward sign of fracture within the church, on Saturday evening, Hoke published the following unexpected update on Facebook:
    As of today, I am no longer the pastor of Trinity Bible Presbyterian Church.
    After much prayer and counsel, I have decided that it is best to briefly communicate what has taken place.
    1. I was informed by our other elder that he felt he could no longer follow my lead as Pastor of TBPC.
    2. I was informed that essentially all but one couple in membership would leave the church if I continued as pastor of TBPC.
    3. Our other elder and the couple felt that those who left would likely return if I would leave.
    4. Our other elder was agreeable to stay and assume the pastoral responsibilities.
    Therefore it was determined that it would be in the best interest of the local body for us (TBPC and the Hoke family) to part ways.
    Over one hundred people have commented, a majority of whom are supportive of Hoke:
    "I am sorry the church doesn't support your stance. God bless you for being faithful to the Word of God, and not the ungodly secular culture."
    "Brother, I am speechless but not surprised. You preach the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and that is hard to handle for most. I am praying for you and the family right now. God bless you and keep you."
    "We are praying for you brother. You boldly spoke truth. Galatians 1:10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ."
    The Daily Wire spoke with Pastor Hoke, who walked us through the situation from his perspective.
    According to Hoke, he was inspired to create the sign after seeing the news story in which a biological male who identifies as female "threw a fit because a clerk had accidentally referred to him with the masculine gender [pronoun]."

Hoke said that because "the culture has drawn a line in the sand and dared [Christians] to step over," he came to the conclusion that the church should accept the challenge — not with hate, but by simply preaching "the gospel."
    The pastor also noted that he wasn’t "fired," but that the church faced a potential fracture in the wake of the fervor surrounding the sign, and that in order to keep the church intact, he felt it was best to vacate his position. Hoke repeatedly stated that he wanted to be circumspect in the way he spoke about the incident because he "loves" the people at Trinity Bible Presbyterian.
    Regarding the protesters, Hoke said: "I believe they’re sincere — sincerely wrong, but sincere. I believe that it is hypocritical that their position is taught in schools and pushed on children, while our position is asked to be kept within the walls of the church." He added that he hopes and believes that "within their midst, there are people whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life, and that the command for all Christians is to preach to them the gospel faithfully, calling them to repentance and faith, that they might be changed by the Holy Spirit and brought into the family of God."
    Hoke concluded our conversation by stating that if he could stand in the pulpit again for just a few minutes, he would continue to preach "the gospel as concisely as [he could]."

More at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/42112...ing-frank-camp
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whut

Time

Is it
    ????
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Jesus loves sinners. So if homosexuality is a sin, Jesus loves homosexuals. Didn't God make man in His own image? Is that all men- or only some men?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Jesus loves sinners. So if homosexuality is a sin, Jesus loves homosexuals. Didn't God make man in His own image? Is that all men- or only some men?
    Jesus also commands all men to repent of their evils, he is rather clear about what will happen to those who don't.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So the sodomites turned on him .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    So the sodomites turned on him .
    One of these days they will reap the reward of driving the last few good people from among them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

''Bruce Jenner is still a man''
    Fact.

The guiding light of the church is Cash , Greebbacks, no longer scripture,
    common law, nor common sense.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    God Was Gay, I'm not buying that little zippy zing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Although I am not religious myself, what worries me is that it seems the Church has been co-opted by the Elite to be turned against the people establishing or expressing their own beliefs and perspectives. Same that Cookie Cutter Mindset thats promoted in Education, MSM, Marxism, and damn near everywhere else the Elite have gotten their meddling fingers into.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Yah, that's why his dad burned down Sodom and Gomorrah and everybody in it.

You know the answer as well as anybody, don't troll.

That pastor was right, you know.

But, too little, too late.

The weirdosexuals have won this hill, no sense in trying to re-fight this battle.

Better to get ready for the new one just over the horizon, if anybody cares anymore that is.

That new battle?

The normalization of sexual relations of adults with pre-pubescent children.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That pastor was right, you know.

But, too little, too late.

The weirdosexuals have won this hill, no sense in trying to re-fight this battle.

Better to get ready for the new one just over the horizon, if anybody cares anymore that is.

That new battle?

The normalization of sexual relations of adults with pre-pubescent children.
    Or maybe it is time to go on offense and retake that hill.

America needs a great Revival and a return to morality, conservatism is no longer enough, we are in need of reaction.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yah, that's why his dad burned down Sodom and Gomorrah and everybody in it.

You know the answer as well as anybody, don't troll.
    The Bible in Genesis doesn't state what "wickedness" the towns were destroyed over though. Ezekiel kind of does:

48As I live, said the Lord GOD, Sodom your sister has not done, she nor her daughters, as you have done, you and your daughters. 49Behold, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. 50And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good. 51Neither has Samaria committed half of your sins; but you have multiplied your abominations more than they, and have justified your sisters in all your abominations which you have done. 52You also, which have judged your sisters, bear your own shame for your sins that you have committed more abominable than they: they are more righteous than you: yes, be you confounded also, and bear your shame, in that you have justified your sisters.
    https://biblehub.com/akjv/ezekiel/16.htm

The Bible in Genesis doesn't state what "wickedness" the towns were destroyed over though. Ezekiel kind of does:

Serenzippity, God is Gay, ? why do you grow silent zippity?

Jude 1:7

“Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.”

King James Version (KJV)

Genesis
    Chapter 19

1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
    2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
    3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.
    4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
    5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
    6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
    7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.
    8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.
    9 And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.

Deuteronomy 23:17

“There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.”

King James Version (KJV)

1 Kings 14:24

“And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.”

King James Version (KJV)

THEY WERE Q U E E R S

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Jude 1:7

“Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.”

King James Version (KJV)

Genesis
    Chapter 19

1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
    2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
    3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.
    4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
    5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
    6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
    7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.
    8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.
    9 And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.

Deuteronomy 23:17

“There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.”

King James Version (KJV)

1 Kings 14:24

“And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.”

King James Version (KJV)

The conversation in Genesis is AFTER the decision was made to destroy the towns. And they were angels, not humans the towns people wanted to have sex with. https://moanti.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/sodom/

Jude says "fornication" but does not say any type of fornication. "Strange flesh" could mean simply somebody they don't know or aren't married to.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-14-2019 at 11:20 PM.

The conversation in Genesis is AFTER the decision was made to destroy the towns.
    And you think they turned into predatory Q U E E R S overnight after GOD determined to destroy them?
    They were that already and that is why GOD decided to destroy them and why "Sodomy" and "Sodomites" mean what they mean.

Jude says "fornication" but does not say any type of fornication. "Strange flesh" could mean simply somebody they don't know or aren't married to.
    Everybody knows what they were and what "strange flesh" means zippy, it probably did also include every other kind of weirdosexual perversion as well.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is incest also a sex crime in the Bible?

Is incest also a sex crime in the Bible?
    Yes, what about it?

I fully expect you to reply with the stupid insinuations about Trump so don't bother.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes, what about it?

I fully expect you to reply with the stupid insinuations about Trump so don't bother.
    Maybe you should read the rest of Lot's story then. He was after all a righteous man, his life being spared from among all those wicked people, right? After they left Sodom and his wife was turned into a pillar of salt, they moved to another place. Lot's two daughters were worried about having kids. So they took turns getting their father drunk and having sex with him so they could become pregnant. One one night, then the other. Would Pastor Hoke approve of girls raping their own fathers? Do you approve?

Read about it here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...38&version=NIV

The Bible also says that if children misbehave and don't listen they should be turned over to Church authorities and stoned. Would you agree with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    ''Bruce Jenner is still a man''
    Fact.
    Hmmm. Well, that is debatable. A whole man?

His genes are, but his jeans are not...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Really, this would have been perfectly OK if it was in front of a Mosque.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Maybe you should read the rest of Lot's story then. He was after all a righteous man, his life being spared from among all those wicked people, right? After they left Sodom and his wife was turned into a pillar of salt, they moved to another place. Lot's two daughters were worried about having kids. So they took turns getting their father drunk and having sex with him so they could become pregnant. One one night, then the other. Would Pastor Hoke approve of girls raping their own fathers? Do you approve?

Read about it here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...38&version=NIV
    I know all about that, the girls were wicked and they got their father drunk, why would Hoke or I approve?

You are just being stupid now.

The Bible also says that if children misbehave and don't listen they should be turned over to Church authorities and stoned. Would you agree with that?
    The Children of Israel were given a harsh law under Moses because they were so wicked, Moses also added his own laws and included them in the lists of GOD's laws, Christ specifically stated that Moses was responsible for the law allowing divorce and said that it was wrong, Christ also ended the enforcement of the harsher laws that were from GOD because the people were different and it was time for a higher law.

Stop trying to debate religion, you stink at it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

He didn't say "whole".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Really, this would have been perfectly OK if it was in front of a Mosque.
    One of these days that "intersection" is going to be the scene of the worst collision in history.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Stop trying to debate religion, you stink at it.
    Well, it is certainly a futile exercise. It is not something you can change somebody else's mind on.

A mutilated male , a freak , a product of Socialist Liberals.
    The entire lgbt , and transgender freak show, brought to us by way of Target Store mentality.

I will take it one step further. Put that sign on your private property and you will be ordered to take it down. Would probably be considered hate speech in most of the country.

I know nothing about this church or how well that sign mirrors where it stands on homosexuality. But I'm skeptical about the headline. I doubt that this guy was a pastor of a church that didn't share his beliefs on that. I have a hunch that there were other reasons for the rift, and it may have been that this controversy caused those reasons to come to the surface after having not been dealt with until this. Notice that the pastor's own statement doesn't allege that the others involved disagreed with what the sign said.

ETA:
    To further support that doubt, it's clear that Pastor Hoke was not some kind of conservative infiltrator in a more liberal denomination where his views were not welcome. Quite the contrary. It may be that members of the church were ruffled by his blunt approach. But what he said reflects where their denomination very deliberately stands. If this controversy doesn't result in some larger rift between this church and its denomination, then that will likely mean that their problem with their pastor was not rooted in disagreement on this.
    http://bpc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/8002.pdf
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 01-15-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast