Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilette makes anti-male commercial

Banned

Blog Entries

That's right folks, a meme was born, right here on Ron Paul forums.
    Last edited by UWDude; 01-16-2019 at 11:58 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post

That thigh gap tho....
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Demonization of Humanity, 'Focus the evil white male' .

Blacks and non whites in this clip are disproportionately depicted as the ones to Nurture
    their young, champion against 'sexual harassment' , defenders of women,
    the first to back down and step in the way , the first to step in with their moral
    high ground and stop whitey' from doing stupid things.
    White Males are invariably depicted as the offenders and all categories.
    No wonder this clip has 1600likes and 10,000dislikes.
    Gillette; reprehensible nannying' , and false narrative, demonization of
    humans , and natural behavior.
    Gillette should have taken a hint from Niki's debauch and stick to
    trying to make razors I'll bet the short interest on this stock is going to
    go through the roof.
    Note too, in all your circular/paper adds as well as commercials, the exponential
    increase in the showcasing of Chinese, they are giving us a hint of
    where a lot of this social engineering is headed.
    Extremely rare is find an add that showcases just white males, unless they
    are characterized as being some backwoods-looking hicks or a white
    family unless there are also several (usually more) non whites in
    the add.
    I'm starting to think more and more that Tucker Carlson's character that he plays on TV is designed to do this.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That thigh gap tho....
    Bro... Not Cool, not cool!

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I'm starting to think more and more that Tucker Carlson's character that he plays on TV is designed to do this.
    Do wut' ?

Do wut' ?
    Political polarization, divide and conquer, doublespeak is a wonderful tool they can control brainwashed people with words that don't have any hate or divisional meaning in your mind. Which side of the political spectrum could they demonize by encouraging tribalism with their conservative news anchor???

Political polarization, divide and conquer, doublespeak is a wonderful tool they can control brainwashed people with words that don't have any hate or divisional meaning in your mind. Which side of the political spectrum could they demonize by encouraging tribalism with their conservative news anchor???
    Very nice , what you've written that is, I like it, but ....
    ...So', so' lets be clear, sans esoteric, ethereal-platitudes, explain how you feel that you were able to
    dissect and accurately surmise my thoughts, explain what I have written, that which
    qualifies in your mind as double speak.

Very nice , what you've written that is, I like it, but ....
    ...So', so' lets be clear, sans esoteric, ethereal-platitudes, explain how you feel that you were able to
    dissect and accurately surmise my thoughts, explain what I have written, that which
    qualifies in your mind as double speak.
    You are now Tucker Carlson and I am able to summarize how the left perceives the $#@! he reads off Fox's teleprompters? Who will play the role of the offended third party?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are now Tucker Carlson and I am able to summarize how the left perceives the $#@! he reads off Fox's teleprompters? Who will play the role of the offended third party?
    Ohhh Nikers you are the card today, would it be any less of a stretch to gather from your comments
    that you are a serial rapist?
    I believe he does us the prompter but that doesn't mean he doesn't write his own
    commentaries. :shrugs:

Eric Holder Promoted 'brain washing' .

Ohhh Nikers you are the card today, would it be any less of a stretch to gather from your comments
    that you are a serial rapist?
    I believe he does us the prompter but that doesn't mean he doesn't write his own
    commentaries. :shrugs:
    If you are the offended 3rd party then who is Tucker Carlson?

If you are the offended 3rd party then who is Tucker Carlson?
    If I'm not, who is?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    -
    -
    This is a bitter attack on women!

-
    -

Ironies are plenty here.
    If ad turned out to ne extension of media campaign that likes of Newsweek pushed in high gear back in 2017, MAGA may reconsider huge money saving break Gillete received on tariffs exemptions.

Was this ad made as a 'thnak you ' because they had some extra money thanks to this deal:

Gillette cuts a deal with Trump administration on steel tariffs
    Oct 10, 2018 - Gillette gets a break from the Trump White House. The administration is giving the shaving giant an exemption from the 25 percent tariff that's ...

Ivanka Trump calls the #MeToo movement 'exciting and important'
    Feb 27, 2018

#RoyMoore

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

How Donald Trump Rules America's Garden of Dicks and Sparked the #MeToo Movement

By Nina Burleigh On 11/9/17

U.S. Donald Trump harvey weinstein #MeToo Hollywood Roger Ailes Sexual Harassment

“Women, you have to treat ’em like $#@!.” —Donald Trump, New York magazine, November 9, 1992

Photo-Illustration by Gluekit
    https://www.newsweek.com/2017/11/17/...rs-704658.html

... a classic.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post

-
    -
    I've never heard of 'objectification' before today, sign me up
    I'm already a 'not cool bro'!!

Egard Watches published a two minute response to Gillette’s anti-masculinity advertisement, showing the true trials and hardships of modern men and celebrating their achievements.
    The emotional short YouTube film, titled “What is a man?” reveals the stunning suicide, workplace death, depression, and homelessness rates men suffer, was published in response to Gillette’s ad attacking and mocking masculinity.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/must-w...-video-rebuke/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Distract, Divide, Conquer.

What is the easiest thing to get most people to focus on? Easy. Themselves. The whole thing about attacking males serves several purposes. First, it weakens the mindset of those who are capable of fighting the elite. Next, it persuades those who should be supporting strong healthy masculinity to attack every male they see. People of that mindset will expect Govt to take care of them while simultaneously making the real men out there no longer want to fight to protect those that also constantly attack them by Backstabbing them repeatedly. Next, it serves as a Major Distraction while the real rulers carry out even more offensive plans that the MSM does not think is worth reporting, oh, you know, little $#@! like passing bills which fully legalizes Propaganda, some new war, even a Civil War, etc.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

In real life the fish smelled the cigarette smoke he blew all over the lure and line and never bit.
    "The Patriarch"

Gillette has been accused of hypocrisy over its new advert tackling toxic masculinity, with some complaining the brand is itself guilty of sexism.
    It relates to the issue known as the “pink tax” where products advertised towards women cost more than similar products marketed towards men.

“I could have sworn Gillette just told us to stop treating women poorly. Look how they treat their female customers though,” one person tweeted alongside photos of identical razors advertised towards men and women, with the women’s version costing $3 more.Another person also shared photos of the brand’s razors sold on Amazon, where a price discrepancy is evident.
    “Me: The new Gillette ad is great. Also me: “Gillette why is an eight-pack of women’s blades $3-4 more than men’s?” they asked.
    “OK so I’m all for the ideas in the Gillette commercial, I think it’s wonderful in theory, but a company can’t charge a pink tax and then use media to say they encourage gender equality and awareness, it doesn’t work like that. You don’t get both,” someone else tweeted.
    Look, I like the @Gillette ad. It sends a great message that a lot of men obviously need to hear. But the message rings a little hollow when coming from a company that profits from the #PinkTax. It’s time for Gillette to put their money where their mouth is and end the pink tax.
    — Ryanne Allison (@TheGirlRyanne)
    January 16, 2019
    So wait, ppl are mad about @Gillette ad but not about how they put the pink tax on the women razors? You know, the ones that are marked deliberately towards women. Or are we just going to ignore that? ��
    — Lisa Torres (@Lucky13Lisa)
    January 16, 2019
    If @Gillette would just go ahead and remove the pink tax from their products, then they might be taken seriously about the treatment of women. #TheBestMenCanBe #pinktax
    — Stephanie Pelley (@StephaniePelley)
    January 15, 2019
    @Gillette, thank you for attacking #ToxicMasculanity. It’s a great step forward in support of #metoo⁠ ⁠. Next, can you address the #pinktax, there’s no reason women should pay more than men for the same products.
    — Dawn Wessel (@dwnwssl)
    January 16, 2019
    The Gillette advert has been viewed more than 13 million times on YouTube and has generated both praise and critisism. Some have accused the company of “virtue-signalling” about an issue they may not care about, while Bernice King – daughter of the late civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr – called the advert “pro-humanity”.
    Others have called for a boycott of the brand over the “pink tax” issue. That would be similar to one the brand is facing from some conservatives, who have responded to the recent advertisement by throwing their razors away.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/gillette-accu...011326565.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Although I didn't watch this ad, I can assess this ad.

This ad is Naggotry.

There's so much new awfulness these days, and we just don't have the words to describe it.

Like how all the big shootings are fake. But they're not exactly "false flags". They're something else. They're like prepared sketches. Bull skits.

Some here might use "emasulating" or some other word. The word doesn't exist yet, would have to be invented. The work product of a Nag is Naggotry. It's a new word, so it doesn't really have a meaning, so if you were to attach this new word to a new trend in advertisement or in popular discourse, it can't be argued away.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    I think its time to do this:

BOYCOTT GILETTE

I might suggest this be exacerbated by GROWING SOME $#@!ING FACIAL HAIR.
    Now I have a political reason for my long beard.

Everyone will stop shaving.

Ah, how about this as Gillette's strategy.

Who has the beards now? Hipsters, or SJW or UPC.

Gillette pisses off people. Causes them to stop shaving. Bad for Gillette? But wait.

Gillette wants the hipsters to shave.

The plan: Message: "You have a beard, you must be a conservative who is angry with Gillette"

Desired Response: "I most certainly am not, I'm a UPC "hipster" and I don't like being confused with angry conservative, so I will shave my beard."

So, Gillette gets back the urban bearded hipsters that they've lost for a long time, and, pretty quickly, the conservatives forget why they weren't shaving, and go back to their habits.

Maybe.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I'm glad this was posted on RPF because the forum can now be introduced to a concept that is going to be very prominent in the coming years; Woke Capital. Major corporations are among the biggest pushers of progressive social attitudes. Everyone from movie studios to game developers to car companies to now $#@!ing shaving firms push SJW leftist propaganda. There's a Woke Capital twitter page and the guy who runs it claims that there is exactly one multinational corporation who hasn't started pushing these narratives.

The question of corporate power both politically and culturally is going to be the most important question of the early 21st Century and boilerplate libertarianism has no remotely interesting or helpful answers to what's actually going on.

BTW for those interested
    https://twitter.com/WokeCapital

Yes, boilerplate libertarianism doesn't really actually have too many solutions at all to any of the actual problems we have.

We know that the Fed Gov is allowed to spend money on propaganda now. I can't remember the details, I think the law was passed in 2012.

For all we know, there is Fed Gov money going to Gillette. Fed Gov money - believed by many to be spent by the CIA - could be going to so many different places for so many different reasons.

Well, boilerplate libertarianism would say, among other things, that Fed Gov shouldn't be bribing big companies to put their Naggotry in commercials.

There is so much that's a mess that "no government" wouldn't solve, unless the solution is "the people with torches and pitchforks will destroy Monsanto" and that will be perfectly legal because there's no government.

We're being poisoned by so many different things that it's hard to identify exactly which poison is causing which ailment. The libertarian argument is generally "class action suits". It's really hard to prove that any particular poison is causing any particular ailment. Vaccines = autism, maybe. Really fat people, immune system disorders = glyphosate.

I'm from now on boycotting all these stupid companies brands. I haven't eaten at burger since their stupid pink tax commercial. Today I went shopping at Wal-mart instead of buying my normal old spice deodorant(procter & Gamble company) I purchased a different brand. I haven't purchased overpriced Gillette Razors in a long time so unfortunately I can't switch.

Here's a list of Procter & Gambles shtty brands. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._Gamble_brands

It's not really hard for me I tend to buy the same products over and over anyway, I'll just flip them over and look for procter and gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    I didn't, but I could see where one might get that impression.

But I think that most men exhibit poor behavior these days, and that they could benefit from the message that I got myself - that objectifying women, bullying, and brawling isn't behavior that gentlemen exhibit. Nothing wrong with that.
    I think Gillette's epic marketing failure is that Gillette equated objectification, bullying and aggressive violence as masculinity - that masculinity is "toxic".
    The normal concept of masculinity is the opposite - provider, protector, father, reliable, hard worker, rationale, maturity, loyalty, family, etc. Of course it would backfire. The Gillette folks were complete idiots.

Imagine if they a company did an ad campaign that said beware toxic feminity and equated femininity with gossiping, mean girls, clicks, obsessing over makeup, bad driving, obsessed with finding rich Mr. Alpha, gold digging, compulsive shopping, spending hours in the bathroom, etc. - Gillette would be buried alive in days with such a reciprocal ad campaign.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Hilarious Updated narrative for Gillette's Ad.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast