Thread: $8000/month. Americans will have the jobs

$8000/month. Americans will have the jobs

To fight H1-B visas, an American said "working for $9000/month will be pain, but we will have the jobs".

No alcohol. No Las Vegas, no hollywood, buy less sporting event tickets (NFL, NHL, basketball etc..), 1 or 2 cars per house/family, less fuel wastage, less international vacations (seeing Taj Mahal etc..) will be good for Make America Great Again (MAGA)
    Last edited by Itsback; 01-13-2019 at 09:10 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What kind of regular jobs make 8K a month ? Near where I live only plant managers , the mayor , sheriff , school superintendent make that . Maybe Vice Presidents , Bank Presidents , Dr's & lawyers .......
    Do something Danke

Is that before or after taxes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Is that before or after taxes?
    Probably does not matter to him , he is a proud tax scofflaw .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am saying people can live a low life for 5 to 7 years so that they have good jobs and experiences for next 20 to 30 years. You read my other post.

They keep saying one man has $40 billion when other people live on $5000/month or......

Quote Originally Posted by Itsback View Post
    I am saying people can live a low life for 5 to 7 years so that they have good jobs and experiences for next 20 to 30 years. You read my other post.

They keep saying one man has $40 billion when other people live on $5000/month or......
    Well , I am retired now and a proud tax scofflaw myself . After my first 8 years in the Army or so every normal experience after that was also just a learning experience . I finally arrived at what I was meant to be . An old retired Grandpa .
    Do something Danke

What kind of regular jobs make 8K a month ? Near where I live only plant managers , the mayor , sheriff , school superintendent make that . Maybe Vice Presidents , Bank Presidents , Dr's & lawyers .......

My mind must be gone because I almost cannot imagine working for $90K, having long ago done 5x that. It is a weird thing to be around large sums such as the hundreds of millions of other people's dollars I have managed on client projects. You become inured to the enormity of such sums such that a $100K salary seems not quite meager, but definitely nothing about which to write home.

The mind is a very strange place.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

"It’s just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill people’s fighting spirit." - Withur We

Pray for reset.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    My mind must be gone because I almost cannot imagine working for $90K, having long ago done 5x that. It is a weird thing to be around large sums such as the hundreds of millions of other people's dollars I have managed on client projects. You become inured to the enormity of such sums such that a $100K salary seems not quite meager, but definitely nothing about which to write home. The mind is a very strange place.
    when managers, MBAs etc.. get $25,000/month or $100,000/month, you and me pay $25 for $20 product. The cost goes up.

I got $200 from online surveys and in one of the survey I told them, if you/company give me money, company will get sales. It means if I have $2000, I cannot buy a $20,000 car.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As an online worker I have done $2/hour to $6/hour jobs

As an online worker I have done $2/hour to $6/hour jobs
    I have worked for those wages too . Much harder than on line but it was a long time ago , probably over 35 years ago . I could make my house payment off of it with what I made in one week. My Grandmother always told me if it cost more than that you cannot afford it .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-15-2019 at 09:11 AM.
    Do something Danke

I have worked for those wages too . Much harder than on line but it was a long time ago , probably over 35 years ago . I could make my house payment off of it with what I made in one week. My Grandmother always told me if it cost more than that you cannot afford it .
    In 2018, as an online worker I have done $2/hour to $6/hour jobs

In 2018, as an online worker I have done $2/hour to $6/hour jobs
    If I had to work for less than 12.00 an hour I would just quit and make whiskey instead . I can probably get 20.00 for a quart .
    Do something Danke

Being H-1B related, they're probably tech jobs, so around $108,000 per year doesn't seem to be far from the mark.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    The reason we have an evil, immoral empire is that it is populated by evil, immoral peons. The State isn't a faceless monster...it is composed of all our petty, ignorant, self-righteous and self-absorbed neighbors.