Thread: Cops: Protectors or Predators?

Cops: Protectors or Predators?

One of Larken Rose's best cop videos.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    protectors

of

predators
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Every time somebody I knew got nailed for parking or speeding they would get upset, bitch and complain, but then turn around and donate to leo fundraisers. That’s some weird $#@!.

Deputy Christopher Morgan...

1300 DUI arrests

What a Great Officer!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Note that at about 10:00 into the video, the driver, twice, crosses a solid white line making his right turn. I think that's 2 violations right there, in our wondrous regulated State. My daughter was hassled years ago for turning right but not into the right-most lane, crossing a solid white line in the process.

I still agree with the video's premise, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

1300 DUI arrests

What a Great Officer!

A true Hero!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
    Note that at about 10:00 into the video, the driver, twice, crosses a solid white line making his right turn. I think that's 2 violations right there, in our wondrous regulated State.
    It's a miracle that noone got hurt.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Note that at about 10:00 into the video, the driver, twice, crosses a solid white line making his right turn. I think that's 2 violations right there, in our wondrous regulated State. My daughter was hassled years ago for turning right but not into the right-most lane, crossing a solid white line in the process.

I still agree with the video's premise, though.
    If a person asserts their rights they stand no chance. If he went to court and submitted his video he would be found at fault for an illegal turn. Even if the person had done nothing wrong and that could be proven by the video, the guy was detained and would have to bow down to a gown or risk incarceration for contempt. Lose lose. This person was driving responsibly considering the conditions. When no traffic is to be found, staying in a particular lane serves no purpose.

Is the driving in this next video acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    If a person asserts their rights they stand no chance. If he went to court and submitted his video he would be found at fault for an illegal turn. Even if the person had done nothing wrong and that could be proven by the video, the guy was detained and would have to bow down to a gown or risk incarceration for contempt. Lose lose. This person was driving responsibly considering the conditions. When no traffic is to be found, staying in a particular lane serves no purpose.

That is how I drive when I'm late for a flight.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

1300 DUI arrests

What a Great Officer!
    I ran into one of those one,,, long ago.
    Guy had some unholy "juju",,, and over 60 busts in two months..

He stole my Hash.
    and I busted him.

The bust is NOT on my record,, but my Honorable Discharge is. (they were co-related)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I agree. My point is that there are too many laws on the books, which allows LEOs to find something, or utilize your own records (video) to get you for something. 3 felonies/day...

In my opinion, no. I've always been amused at how these faster drivers think they're so independent and superior to the schmucks around them, and yet they're highly dependent on these same schmucks to do nothing unpredictable. I'm an advocate of keeping pace with traffic, and leaving the left lane clear.

I think it was George Carlin who says "everyone who drives faster than you is an A$$40L3, everyone who driver slower is an idiot."

In my opinion, no. I've always been amused at how these faster drivers think they're so independent and superior to the schmucks around them, and yet they're highly dependent on these same schmucks to do nothing unpredictable. I'm an advocate of keeping pace with traffic, and leaving the left lane clear.

I think it was George Carlin who says "everyone who drives faster than you is an A$$40L3, everyone who driver slower is an idiot."
    Should what you and I consider dangerous driving be allowed or not allowed? Do we want some laws?

Should what you and I consider dangerous driving be allowed or not allowed? Do we want some laws?
    Unfortunately what is considered by some to be dangerous can be highly subjective and to easily used as leverage for Injustice.

yes we should all look out for one another but that should be common sense not law
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Did it harm you? Did it cause damage?

If not,, then it is none of anyone's business what you consider it,, nor should a law be written based on your consideration of a NON Event.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Did it harm you? Did it cause damage?

If not,, then it is none of anyone's business what you consider it,, nor should a law be written based on your consideration of a NON Event.
    Firing a gun blindfolded into a crowd and not hitting anyone is dangerous. To think that dangerous actions like the driving video above should only be an issue if someone is hurt or damage is caused is absurd. I do not think Ron Paul, Rand Paul or Thomas Massie would agree with you.

Dangerous driving is invasive violence.
    Last edited by Schifference; 01-19-2019 at 09:29 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Firing a gun blindfolded into a crowd and not hitting anyone is dangerous. To think that dangerous actions like the driving video above should only be an issue if someone is hurt or damage is caused is absurd. I do not think Ron Paul, Rand Paul or Thomas Massie would agree with you.

Dangerous driving is invasive violence.
    "Dangerous" is subjective.

The German AutoBahns have sections that do not have speed limits. Drivers routinely hit cruising speeds of 150 MPH or more.

The exact same car, on the exact same type of road, driven by the exact same driver, would result in arrest and impoundment, here.

Why?

Is the car, driver or driver's actions any less "safe" or any more "dangerous"?

Especially when you consider that German roads are statistically safer than ours.

Now, certainly the driver and their actions make a difference.

But why should I be held to the lowest possible standard? Driving 100 mph down the road for a teenager finger $#@!ing a phone while driving mom's SUV on bad tires is not going to be as safe as me driving 100 mph with no distractions in a new Mercedes S class sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    But why should I be held to the lowest possible standard? Driving 100 mph down the road for a teenager finger $#@!ing a phone while driving mom's SUV on bad tires is not going to be as safe as me driving 100 mph with no distractions in a new Mercedes S class sedan.
    The making of distinctions such as this requires the application of something called "judgment" - a practice that has been systematically deprecated as an obstacle to the official codification-by-fiat of ... well, of pretty much everything ...

You (or the Pauls, Massie, et al.) may disagree with it or think it imprudent, but it is not "absurd".

It is simply an application of the "no harm, no foul" principle ...

Of course they are predators , that is the job . That is the job the head of police , city and county councils have them do . They are only there as a cash cow.
    Do something Danke

I do not feel protected and served when I get pulled over.

Hey, that cop he talked about in the video getting the award - was that the animal lover cop from last week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

There are some great cops out there, they
    are likely the ones that cheated during
    psychological evaluations/exams.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    You (or the Pauls, Massie, et al.) may disagree with it or think it imprudent, but it is not "absurd".

It is simply an application of the "no harm, no foul" principle ...

Very much this.

Liberty is not the safest course.

It is the best course however.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    There are some great cops out there, they
    are likely the ones that cheated during
    psychological evaluations/exams.
    I would agree that some good individuals have taken that Job..

But the job itself is inherently evil.. Those people either leave or become corrupted.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Firing a gun blindfolded into a crowd and not hitting anyone is dangerous.
    What an Absurd Straw-man..

That is not even close to an intelligent argument,, though I doubt there is one for this.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I would agree that some good individuals have taken that Job..

But the job itself is inherently evil.. Those people either leave or become corrupted.
    ''You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pcosmar again.''