Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Full size FWD electric pickup truck with 300 mile range and 15 minute FULL recharge time

Exclamation Full size FWD electric pickup truck with 300 mile range and 15 minute FULL recharge time

I've yet to be excited by any electric vehicles, but this one...maybe.

I'll believe it when I see it.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I've yet to be excited by any electric vehicles, but this one...maybe.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Can I carry electricity for it in a jerrycan?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Can I carry electricity for it in a jerrycan?
    Yes u can, its called a battery not a jerrycan

Nice . Will it be under 20K ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Yes u can, its called a battery not a jerrycan
    How easy is it to carry compared to a jerrycan? the jerrycan is lighter even when it is full and it is empty one way.
    Are the batteries designed for easy removal and replacement?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

How easy is it to carry compared to a jerrycan? the jerrycan is lighter even when it is full and it is empty one way.
    I wonder if you could carry a generator, run it for 15 minutes, and charge the entire battery?

There is a huge cargo area in the front where the engine normally is.. could probably throw it in there and still have your entire bed free.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I wonder if you could carry a generator, run it for 15 minutes, and charge the entire battery?

There is a huge cargo area in the front where the engine normally is.. could probably throw it in there and still have your entire bed free.
    That would serve the greenies right but why can't we just run the ICE engine in the 1st place?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That would serve the greenies right but why can't we just run the ICE engine in the 1st place?
    I'm still trying to figure out how running a generator for 15 minutes would produce enough energy for a truck to drive 300 miles.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That is such a horrible idea. No engineer worth his/her salt would dare come u with such a terrible idea. I can think of a spare battery that you can detach and charge up at some recharging station. But to carry around a working generator just for the few times you run out of gas is just stupid.

Jesus Christ.

I'm still trying to figure out how running a generator for 15 minutes would produce enough energy for a truck to drive 300 miles.
    You probably can't, the 15 minute charge probably requires much more power than a typical generator can provide.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That is such a horrible idea. No engineer worth his/her salt would dare come u with such a terrible idea. I can think of a spare battery that you can detach and charge up at some recharging station. But to carry around a working generator just for the few times you run out of gas is just stupid.

Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ.
    Even if it is designed for easy replacement it will be much heavier and less convenient than gas in a jerrycan.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jesus Christ.

That isn't what I was thinking of. I was thinking of being able to extend the range if you don't have access to electricity. One battery would only get you one charge, and I'm pretty sure the battery weighs as much as a generator.

It seems like if it is possible that you can hookup a generator and run it for 15 minutes, you could get several charges then fill up the generator with the jerry can and get several more without ever having access to electricity.

If that were the case, that would be amazing. But the other side of me doesn't understand how you can get so many 300 mile charges out of so little gasoline.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-12-2019 at 08:47 PM.

I dunno, but there is an equivalent item to the gas jerrycan. Never said it was identical but operationally, they would perform the same function.

I dunno, but there is an equivalent item to the gas jerrycan. Never said it was identical but operationally, they would perform the same function.
    My point is that everything is less convenient and problematic.

This tech is NOT ready to replace ICE and may never be.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That isn't what I was thinking of. I was thinking of being able to extend the range if you don't have access to electricity. One battery would only get you one charge, and I'm pretty sure the battery weighs as much as a generator.

It seems like if it is possible that you can hookup a generator and run it for 15 minutes, you could get several charges then fill up the generator with the jerry can and get several more without ever having access to electricity.

If that were the case, that would be amazing. But the other side of me doesn't understand how you can get so many 300 mile charges out of so little gasoline.
    You can't, the supercharger stations required for the 15 minute charge are extremely high power.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It seems like if it is possible that you can hookup a generator and run it for 15 minutes, you could get several charges then fill up the generator with the jerry can and get several more.

Yea, that is why you need to be talking about a charging station not a generator you can carry around with you. A generator that would be capable of turning a jerrycan full of gas to 300 miles of battery charge in 15 mins would be so sophisticated and most likley heavy that it would put another 10k to the price tag and lower its electricity milage.

Gas generator of any kind would be a bad idea

You can't, the supercharger stations required for the 15 minute charge are extremely high power.
    Ok, they didn't really talk about that in the video. They just said it was a 15 minute charge time.. I presumed you could get that out of your house or something since they are only planning to build 100 trucks in the first year - but maybe they plan to use supercharge stations that other electric cars use.

Ok, they didn't really talk about that in the video. They just said it was a 15 minute charge time.. I presumed you could get that out of your house or something since they are only planning to build 100 trucks in the first year - but maybe they plan to use supercharge stations that other electric cars use.
    Unless they specify that you can get a 15 minute charge at your house I would severely doubt it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If you read the fine print in the video it says that you have to use an "advanced charging station" to get a 15 minute charge.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If you read the fine print in the video it says that you have to use an "advanced charging station" to get a 15 minute charge.
    Makes sense, it takes me 1hr to fast charge my cell phone at home.

It'd be nice if all these electric vehicles did the obvious thing, and put a 20 amp 120volt built in inverter / and or sold a bi-directional solar charger/inverter that could plug into your electric vehicle.

I think it would be nice if you could plug all your normal household stuff into your car if their was a disaster, A tesla battery could keep a refrigerator running for days at least, or if you went camping, or to the beach you could plug in a minifridge or just use your regular household charger for your laptop etc... Seems odd Tesla doesn't have it. Hopfully these trucks will, it'd be cool if you could run tools off the truck AC and use your standard tool chargers, sure it'd cut down mileage range but probably not that much, unless you ran something like an air compressor on it all day.

Jesus Christ.
    Huh?

That's basically every diesel/electric railroad locomotive that has been built since the 1920s to today.

ICE direct to Electric or ICE - Battery - Electric.

A true hybrid car, running direct electric drive with an onboard diesel engine to charge the batteries as needed when they drain could produce 125 MPG economy.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-13-2019 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    It'd be nice if all these electric vehicles did the obvious thing, and put a 20 amp 120volt built in inverter / and or sold a bi-directional solar charger/inverter that could plug into your electric vehicle.

I think it would be nice if you could plug all your normal household stuff into your car if their was a disaster, A tesla battery could keep a refrigerator running for days at least, or if you went camping, or to the beach you could plug in a minifridge or just use your regular household charger for your laptop etc... Seems odd Tesla doesn't have it. Hopfully these trucks will, it'd be cool if you could run tools off the truck AC and use your standard tool chargers, sure it'd cut down mileage range but probably not that much, unless you ran something like an air compressor on it all day.
    Thomas Massie hooked up some solar panels to some tesla batteries he salvaged off of a wrecked tesla and used them to power his house.

Last edited by dannno; 01-13-2019 at 01:16 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe instead of a generator, install an actual engine that uses gas
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Maybe instead of a generator, install an actual engine that uses gas
    gen·er·a·tor
    /ˈjenəˌrādər/
    noun
    noun: generator; plural noun: generators

1. An actual engine that uses gas

gen·er·a·tor
    /ˈjenəˌrādər/
    noun
    noun: generator; plural noun: generators

1. An actual engine that uses gas
    Next step is to install it in the front of the truck
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Next step is to install it in the front of the truck
    There's a giant cargo space in the front where the engine normally is. It even has a tailgate. Imagine, a truck with two tailgaits. You could have a double tailgate party at the big game, sorta like having a side piece.

''You can keep your gas card''
    ''Your electric bill will not go up''

jerrycan

jerry can
    jerrycan?

If anyone can do it, Jerry can.

Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 01-13-2019 at 03:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast