Thread: Roku

Roku

As mentioned in an earlier thread I disconnected my xfinity and my wife restarted it.

Since then we purchased a couple of Roku sticks. They are very nice. The little remote even controls the TV. The Roku can control and stream pretty much everything. It even has its own local news, commercial free free movies, and so much more. We already had Fire sticks but Roku is so much better!

With Roku we could easily have internet only and have all the entertainment we would want or need.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    As mentioned in an earlier thread I disconnected my xfinity and my wife restarted it.

Since then we purchased a couple of Roku sticks. They are very nice. The little remote even controls the TV. The Roku can control and stream pretty much everything. It even has its own local news, commercial free free movies, and so much more. We already had Fire sticks but Roku is so much better!

With Roku we could easily have internet only and have all the entertainment we would want or need.
    That's exactly what we do. We have two Roku sticks and a outside antenna, more than enough tv. The only bill is $35.00 a month for internet service. And she get's to watch the Seachickens play.
    "The Patriarch"

We have firesticks now but I had roku in the past. Personally, I prefer the Roku but Mr A wanted the Firestick and since he watches tv more than I do, I didn't argue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    We have firesticks now but I had roku in the past. Personally, I prefer the Roku but Mr A wanted the Firestick and since he watches tv more than I do, I didn't argue.
    Roku gives you everything firestick does and more. You can watch Amaozn Prime on Roku.

And how well does this device score with Privacy? Does it send everything you watch back to a ton of companies that use your viewing habits to determine if you have any "Anti Authoritarian Tendencies", and thereby use that data to throw you in jail or have you killed when SHTF?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    And how well does this device score with Privacy? Does it send everything you watch back to a ton of companies that use your viewing habits to determine if you have any "Anti Authoritarian Tendencies", and thereby use that data to throw you in jail or have you killed when SHTF?
    A hacked "kodi" firestick may be your only recourse.

I have a couple roku - my family loves it. I'm already on so many lists, I dont think they even give a sh!t what I watch on roku (thank you comcast).

If sh!t hits the fan, they would be fking right to pursue me. They better hope they snuff me out too.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    A hacked "kodi" firestick may be your only recourse.

I have a couple roku - my family loves it. I'm already on so many lists, I dont think they even give a sh!t what I watch on roku (thank you comcast).

If sh!t hits the fan, they would be fking right to pursue me. They better hope they snuff me out too.
    We have different beefs with the Enforces than we do with the Elites. The key to winning this is to appeal to the Enforcers better senses, and thereby turning them against the Elite. That requires the ability to do something very few people have, and thats to snap their minds of of their Crowd Think / Group Think / Psychological Group. You can win wars of intelligence easily if its one on one, but when they get into that Herd Mindset, its nearly impossible to do that. If you are able to speak to them, you can turn them against themselves.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Is it better for sports?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Is it better for sports?
    Kidney stones are better than sports.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Is it better for sports?
    Roku does have the DAZN app available. I love the fights and DAZN kicks ass in that regard.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

We have different beefs with the Enforces than we do with the Elites. The key to winning this is to appeal to the Enforcers better senses, and thereby turning them against the Elite. That requires the ability to do something very few people have, and thats to snap their minds of of their Crowd Think / Group Think / Psychological Group. You can win wars of intelligence easily if its one on one, but when they get into that Herd Mindset, its nearly impossible to do that. If you are able to speak to them, you can turn them against themselves.
    I'm with you on that - in my situation though, I lost (sacrificed) my anonymity fighting for gun owners rights. While I always advocate dialogue (hence my handle), I am under no illusion that I'll always have that luxury. I also have a license to carry in IL - essentially a registered gun owner. Lastly, I'm on record for donating to several candidates - Ron and Rand, as well as volunteering for other IL candidates.

For a SHTF situation, I would expect to be high up on the list of potential resistance - where I should be. I'm ready to talk, or fight... Seeing Lavoy Finicum bing gunned down while he was trying to talk, leaves me to think I will not have any real opportunities to talk. Even during good times, these are dishonorable men - one can only imagine their behavior during SHTF.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I just have a mini itx cased Mint system connected to the tv, with mouse and kb.
    The roku typing interface pisses me off that much... I would rather get up and walk 10 feet to type in what I want.
    And I get a full web experience.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Roku gives you everything firestick does and more. You can watch Amaozn Prime on Roku.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but you still have to pay for the Amazon Prime Video subscription right? And likewise with whatever other service you want to stream?

We have Chromecast, which we've had for a long time, and pretty much only use it for Netflix, which we pay for, and sometimes regular free Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but you still have to pay for the Amazon Prime Video subscription right? And likewise with whatever other service you want to stream?

We have Chromecast, which we've had for a long time, and pretty much only use it for Netflix, which we pay for, and sometimes regular free Youtube.
    Yes still have to pay for services that I stream. The Roku is simply a device that allows me to stream on televisions that are not smart TV's.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    I'm with you on that - in my situation though, I lost (sacrificed) my anonymity fighting for gun owners rights. While I always advocate dialogue (hence my handle), I am under no illusion that I'll always have that luxury. I also have a license to carry in IL - essentially a registered gun owner. Lastly, I'm on record for donating to several candidates - Ron and Rand, as well as volunteering for other IL candidates.

For a SHTF situation, I would expect to be high up on the list of potential resistance - where I should be. I'm ready to talk, or fight... Seeing Lavoy Finicum bing gunned down while he was trying to talk, leaves me to think I will not have any real opportunities to talk. Even during good times, these are dishonorable men - one can only imagine their behavior during SHTF.
    Very agreed.

The difference between a True Leader and an Oppressor is that a Leader will throw themselves on the sword to save their people, Oppressors demands the Oppressed throw themselves onto the swords. Oppressors also silence ideas that oppose their own, and they do this by Censorship and Survellance.

The end of privacy is the Inversion of the Right to Free Speech to Denied Permission except without a "License". Invading Privacy / Censorship together effectively work together to crush opposing thoughts at the communication level, before they spread like Wildfire.
    1776 > 1984

Very agreed.

The difference between a True Leader and an Oppressor is that a Leader will throw themselves on the sword to save their people, Oppressors demands the Oppressed throw themselves onto the swords. Oppressors also silence ideas that oppose their own, and they do this by Censorship and Survellance.

The end of privacy is the Inversion of the Right to Free Speech to Denied Permission except without a "License". Invading Privacy / Censorship together effectively work together to crush opposing thoughts at the communication level, before they spread like Wildfire.
    You can get all that from a Roku?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can get all that from a Roku?
    I wish. Maybe a jailbroken one.

The company that succeeds is not always the one that is the most honest or most respectful of its customers. Sadly, its the exact opposite. The company that tends to succeed is the one that gets away with charging more than its bottom line allows, and it does not mean either a quality or respectful business operation. Just look at cell phone and cable companies with their cancellations. Utter nightmare.

The ability to share information while free of Interference or Actions from Censors is paramount to Freedom because Freedom begins in the mind. Having the ability to see what you are doing is the ability to interfere with your thinking, and every effort is being made to prevent Freedom from being thought of as a good idea. People are taught to FEAR Freedom. Oh noes theyre free and wont vaccinate their kids or might set off my kids allergies or might just come in and take all my $#@!! Please someone come in and save me from those horrible free people! Censorship prevents good ideas about Freedom from being shared, and gives Oppressors cause to go directly after those who are under Surveillance that they may be silenced by what ever means necessary.

Privacy is nearly at the point where it is Outlawed, which makes our current set of laws in direct conflict with Morality. When Privacy is Outlawed, only Outlaws will have Privacy. And being the Outlaw may very well become the only moral choice a person can make, but it will be a choice never to be offered by those in power. People associate morality with obedience to laws, however, when the law itself is the greatest threat against a free people, it becomes a moral obligation to disobey the dishonest laws. It may very well be time to start taking privacy much more seriously as it will be a critical factor in resisting oppression and securing Freedom for generations to come.
    1776 > 1984

Roku is the latest Big Tech company to censor radio host and TV personality Alex Jones’ Infowars, as the company deleted a fan-made Infowars Live channel less than 24 hours after it went public on the platform.
    In a now-deleted tweet, Roku first promised to protect the First Amendment rights of all Americans and allow the content to remain on the platform. It was later followed up with a second tweet explaining their decision to delete the app.

Speaking to Big League Politics via phone, the creator of the channel, John, who preferred to keep his last name anonymous, explained that he is in no way associated with or employed by Infowars. A software developer by profession, John explains that the channel was made as a personal project, so he could enjoy Infowars’ programming on a television set.

John, who describes himself as a decade-long fan of Infowars, began work on the now-deleted app on Veterans Day of 2018, deciding to find a new way to consume Infowars content when the company was banned from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and its mobile app was banned from Apple and Android devices. After going through a lengthy review process to make sure the channel would meet Roku’s standards, it was published early during the evening on January 14, 2019.
    “I started to realize the monopoly these technology companies have on our lives,” John explained, “I really started thinking critically about this, and thought that as a developer, I can’t make an app and just send it to someone’s phone. With Roku, I could make a private channel.”
    He then used this feature to make a beta version of the channel, which he shared with a limited group of friends and family as he continued to test and program the application along side his wife, who provided graphic design work for the project.

The channel was deleted at approximately 6 pm on January 15, 2019. The creator explained that he received no notification of its removal or explanation from Roku, and when he attempted to learn more about the ban, he was invited to create a support ticket that would receive a response in 48 hours.
    John also explained that Roku’s review process ensured the company knew what content the channel provided, as evidenced by a video recorded by a Roku employee showing the channel working properly, playing a live segment of The Alex Jones Show. The video was sent to John by the employee as part of the company’s quality assurance testing, and it was reviewed by Big League Politics.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/censor...t-goes-public/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Can you get Alex on Kodi?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.