Thread: TSA Officers Not Getting Paid

TSA Officers Not Getting Paid

Ellen Jackson, a Transportation Security Administration officer based in Las Vegas, is driving full time for a ride-share company to get by. The 59-year-old is planning to retire in April.

“I don’t want to borrow any money,” said Jackson, an Air Force veteran who said she makes about $38,000 a year as a TSA officer. “I don’t want to get into a deeper hole.”

Fellow Las Vegas-based TSA agent Julia Peters applied for food stamps on Thursday and was approved. She said five of the eight other applicants at the benefits office were also TSA workers.
    https://apnews.com/5d95c567185f4592b4a6e59fa9317f7c

Boo HOO

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shaddup ya tax tick. Nobody cares.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I feel so sad for them.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

This if fantastic. End the TSA!

If TSA workers don't get paid and stop working, who will make sure we don't bring bottles of water into the airport?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If TSA workers don't get paid and stop working, who will make sure we don't bring bottles of water into the airport?
    Even worse, who is going to make sure someone getting into the airport isn't a terrorist?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

If border security is not an issue why do we have the TSA? Why are we involved in wars all over the globe? If not to protect the USA?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shut it and DHS Down.

TSA needs abolished .
    Do something Danke

I hope it goes on long enough that most/all of them quit and they have a hard time starting back up again.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Even worse, who is going to make sure someone getting into the airport isn't a terrorist?
    The Trump Administration claimed that they had stopped 4,000 people on their "terror watch list" trying to enter the US. Only six were caught trying to sneak across the border. You are more likely to be killed by lightning than by a terrorist. But if you are worried about terrorists and want to stop them, the border wall is the least successful way to stop them (since they aren't using that route).

https://theweek.com/speedreads/81624...rtainly-untrue

That number largely stems from airport arrivals, and those are largely false alarms because someone merely shares a name with an actual suspect on the list, an Obama-era national security official told NBC News.

Still, Sanders maintained that terrorists were coming "by air," "by land," and "by sea." Public Justice Department data shows no one has been "arrested at the southwest border on terrorism charges in recent years,"

''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Banned

Blog Entries
    So either Trump gets his wall, or...
    ...Non essential government employees start to find much better jobs elsewhere.
    And then you can just axe the non essential jobs.
    The DNC loses another captive base.
    This job market is hot hot hot.

Trump is executing the greatest "You're fired!" ever heard in history.
    He is going to cast a ninth level epic "you're fired".
    The private sector is so much better now.
    He is paving the way to GOP victory for decades.

He has them tied up.
    The longer they stall on the wall, the longer they lose their own base.
    Even Cher is cracking, (since I am sure her credit is atrocious).

And even better, fighting them on the wall, is actually what he wants. He feels it is better to just slow-fire 800,000 non essential employees.
    Balsanaro did it in his first eight days. The longer this goes on, the more powerful he gets.
    If he gets the wall. It's a big win, but this poisoning of their base is a most assuredly fatal track.

And just wait until he declares the US bankrupt. XD The world is going to flip out!
    But it is a great move. The best move, believe me.

The dangers of living paycheck to paycheck...

Seriously, if you're 59 years old and able-bodied, there are very few excuses for not having enough savings to cover a month or six without pay.

The Coast guard is unfunded. A neighbor who retired from the Coast Guard and has had a run of health issues is hoping he doesn't miss many checks over the shutdown.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The
    Cost
    Of
    Make work jobs
    Is

Delusion
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post

Seriously, if you're 59 years old and able-bodied, there are very few excuses for not having enough savings to cover a month or six without pay.
    Not only that but he is a vet and probably qualified to use VA and skip health ins all together since he is retiring at 60 and not eligible for medicare until 65 , could even be drawing a military pension too. The media is worthless . Also , I could care less about this guy or the rest of the gropers . I will reserve my pity for the more deserving , not dishonorable peoples .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-13-2019 at 10:09 AM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post

No one teaches their kids how to budget anymore. I remember in 2nd grade we did an activity to teach us the difference in needs versus wants. Guess that's been cut out of the curriculum.

And why the hell is she applying for food stamps? Most places I know send your application to the top of the stack if you have military service in your past. I'm assuming she didn't even try to find another job.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-13-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Transportation Security Administration workers who worked through the partial government shutdown during the holidays will receive one day’s worth of pay, in addition to a $500 bonus.
    TSA Administrator David Pekoske made the announcement on Twitter Friday night, saying employees who worked on Dec. 22, the last day in the pay period, would receive compensation by Tuesday. Employees were not initially paid because the government shutdown began one day earlier.
    In a statement, Pekoske praised TSA employees who came to work despite the shutdown. “To every TSA employee– despite personal hardships and professional challenges, we’ve rallied and never once compromised the security of our nation’s transportation systems,” he wrote.

More at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tsa-w...163508878.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment