Thread: Pilot Error: Falsely Imprisoned, Police Arrest Victims

Pilot Error: Falsely Imprisoned, Police Arrest Victims

Passengers allege being held against will on California plane tarmac, 2 others detained

AN FRANCISCO (AP) — Two passengers on an Aeromexico flight were detained Thursday and others called 911 to say they were being held against their will as the plane sat for hours on the tarmac at Oakland International Airport, officials said.

Flight 622 from Guadalajara was scheduled to land at San Francisco International Airport but was diverted due to fog and landed at Oakland at about 10:30 a.m., airport spokeswoman Keonnis Taylor said.

The plane sat for about four hours. Passengers complained that for much of the time they had no air conditioning and received no food or water. Some called 911 to report they were being held against their will, according to the Alameda County Sheriff's Office.
    More: https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ac/2545845002/
    The story of Flight 662: Crying babies, fainting passengers, arrests during four-hour nightmare at Oakland airport
    Deputies called to plane after passengers became upset about getting stuck onboard for almost four hours

OAKLAND — After more than four hours stuck in an Aeromexico plane on the Oakland International Airport tarmac on Thursday, babies cried, women began to faint and passengers fanned each other with magazines to keep cool.

Some passengers called 911, others phoned passenger rights advocates and still others reached out to family and friends desperately trying to find a way to get off the plane after their flight from Guadalajara got diverted to Oakland instead of landing at San Francisco International Airport due to fog.

One man threatened to open the Boeing 737 door if they were not allowed to deplane and that prompted the pilot to call the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office, who wound up arresting two men, spokesman Ray Kelly said. Finally at 3:30 p.m., almost five hours after they landed, the passengers said they walked off Gate 1 and experienced more delays going through customs with its staffing depleted from the federal government shutdown.
    More: https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/...mac-for-hours/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Inb4 Danke tells us they got the story completely wrong and the pilots did everything right
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Inb4 Danke tells us they got the story completely wrong and the pilots did everything right
    Airport spokespeople are saying that it was entirely the airlines fault.

Airline is blaming the airport.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-11-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

One man threatened to open the Boeing 737 door if they were not allowed to deplane
    NEVER threaten, just DO IT.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    NEVER threaten, just DO IT.
    Damn straight. Two hours would have been my max in a cramped plane with no air conditioning.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/...kland-airport/

Flight 662 backstory: Why Aeromexico took nearly five hours to release passengers from plane at Oakland airport
    Sources explain how Aeromexico had been offered a gate, but declined

OAKLAND — It turns out, the Aeromexico flight from hell that languished on the Oakland airport tarmac for nearly five hours Thursday as sweaty passengers fainted, cried and screamed for help, could have been avoided.

After Flight 662 was diverted to Oakland from San Francisco because of fog, Oakland International Airport officials quickly offered a gate for the plane to park, but the flight crew turned it down. The pilot told airport officials he planned to keep people aboard, quickly refuel and fly to SFO so the plane could make its return flight to Guadalajara later that afternoon, according to a source familiar with the incident.

The plan backfired — big time.

The Boeing 737 wound up parked on the tarmac for nearly five hours — potentially violating federal passenger rights laws — with conditions inside rapidly deteriorating. With no air conditioning, water or food, passengers cooled each other with magazines, cried, screamed and ate whatever they could find in carry-on bags. As the hours wore on, some phoned 911, passenger advocates, and friends and family desperate to get off the aircraft. Two men were detained after becoming “unruly,” one woman wearing an oxygen mask was helped off the plane, and at least four passengers requested medical aid once they made it off the plane, the source said.

Aeromexico officials did not respond Friday to a request for comment.

Air traffic control discussions with the Aeromexico pilot, reviewed by Bay Area News Group, indicate the flight crew requested help from local authorities about 1:44 p.m. Thursday, saying angry passengers were forming groups and accusing the pilot of lying to them. Copies of 911 tapes of two calls also indicate desperate passengers weighing what punishment they might get for opening the doors and explaining one woman passed out and another was having an anxiety attack.

“I mean how long does it take to just push up the thing and check our passports as we walk off the plane? I mean we’ve got babies on here,” one exasperated man pleaded to an Alameda County dispatcher in a 911 call from the plane. “What’s gonna happen to me when I open the door? I bet it’d be illegal if I left an international flight.”

Another woman also called 911 explaining the dire situation.

“We have someone on this flight who’s passed out. We haven’t been let off this flight for over four hours and they’re not doing anything,” the woman said. “Somebody passed out in the back and there’s another one right by the emergency exit who’s panicking and hyperventilating.”

Meanwhile, the pilot radioed the control tower to express his frustration.

“The passengers are real upset because two hours ago they said that we’re lying to them — that the San Francisco (airport) was never closed,” the pilot explained at the start of a two-minute rant to an air traffic controller.

The pilot explained that two passengers had threatened the crew.

“One in special, that he’s gonna do something if in 10 minutes we do not move the plane,” the pilot said. “He was going to do, I don’t know what and he was going to open doors and just threatened the life of the cabin crew.”
    The incident started with the low fog at San Francisco International Airport earlier Thursday morning. Around 10:15 a.m., a controller working to line up planes at SFO asked the Aeromexico flight about its minimum runway visual range and was told by the pilot that it was 1,800 feet. The fog had dropped visibility down to 1,200 feet and the pilot said he was low on fuel and could not circle until the weather cleared, so he was diverted to Oakland airport, according to air traffic radio recordings.

The plane landed and was offered a gate — which would have provided air conditioning for passengers — but the pilot declined as the plane was scheduled to return to Guadalajara at 12:25 p.m., according to the source. That flight was eventually canceled. The Oakland airport received seven other SFO fog-related diversions Thursday with no problems, the source said.

For husband-and-wife passengers Jaime Quirarte and Erin Morgan, of San Francisco, who were returning from a family visit in Mexico, hearing the real reason the plane did not disembark quickly at Oakland airport left them “speechless.”

“It’s clear they are putting money and business above the health and safety of passengers,” Morgan said. “We were really treated like luggage, not like humans. We’re pretty pissed.”

Even if the plane had pulled up to a gate, it would still have had to wait for customs officials who were not due at the airport until noon, when the first scheduled international flight landed, the source said.

After a couple hours, the crew told Oakland airport officials they expected to be on the ground another two hours before they could take off for San Francisco, the source said, which would eclipse the four-hour maximum set by the Passenger Bill of Rights for international flights at U.S. airports.

The Airport was fully staffed and prepared to accommodate the extraordinary flight and process deplaning passengers, even though Aeromexico was a visiting – not regular – air carrier at Oakland and even though the arrival was unplanned.

“What I really need is police. Some authorities in here,” an AeroMexico crew member can be heard pleading for help from Oakland International Airport’s air traffic control.
    https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...504247081.html
    Stories now all say it was the pilot who held them on the plane, then he started crying like a bitch for the police to come arrest people when the passengers finally complained.

I always believe these stories as reported. Just like I believed what was reported about Ron Paul during his campaigns.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Stories now all say it was the pilot who held them on the plane, then he started crying like a bitch for the police to come arrest people when the passengers finally complained.
    When they brought you in here, and booked you...you were crying like a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    When they brought you in here, and booked you...you were crying like a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I always believe these stories as reported. Just like I believed what was reported about Ron Paul during his campaigns.
    We know that they were locked in the plane for hours with no air, water or food. Supposedly the airport has a recording to back up their story that a gate was offered as soon as they landed.

What is unknown is what happened in between the landing and the passengers finally getting fed up. Did they refuel? Why did they not take off? Was the pilot waiting for weather the entire time?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    We know that they were locked in the plane for hours with no air, water or food. Supposedly the airport has a recording to back up their story that a gate was offered as soon as they landed.

What is unknown is what happened in between the landing and the passengers finally getting fed up. Did they refuel? Why did they not take off? Was the pilot waiting for weather the entire time?
    Yeah, "we know..."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Yeah, "we know..."
    Crisis actors interviewed after the flight...