Thread: Rand op-ed: Americans have a right to boycott Israel

Rand Paul op-ed: Americans have a right to boycott Israel

Very interesting op-ed from Rand:

Americans Have a Right to Boycott, Even If It’s Wrong
    Rand Paul argues that Congress’s anti-BDS legislation violates the First Amendment.

By RAND PAUL
    January 10, 2019

I am not in favor of boycotting Israel. Israel has been a good ally. I have traveled to Israel, and it was one of the best and most meaningful trips I have taken with my family. Standing at the Western Wall was special and powerful. Visiting old Jerusalem was incredible, and sailing on the sea of Galilee while a double rainbow glowed above us is something I will never forget. Israel is truly a unique and special place.

I also agree with both supporters of Israel and PLO leaders that a boycott has the potential to hurt both Israel and the Palestinians.

At the same time, I am concerned about what the role of Congress can and should be in this situation. I strongly oppose any legislation that attempts to ban boycotts or ban people who support boycotts from participating in our government or working for our government.

I firmly believe we have to be very careful what powers we exercise in government—and think through whether or not we would want them used if the situation were different.

read more:
    https://www.theamericanconservative....hen-its-wrong/
    Last edited by jct74; 01-11-2019 at 08:22 AM. Reason: format for front page

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BOLD
    LEADERSHIP
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

100%
    Plus, I do boycott anything Israel, UN peace keepers have been pointing out Israel's war crimes
    for some time now, they keep stealing land from their neighbors, and we hear no objection from
    President Trump nor anyone in Congress that I know of, we just keep sending wheel barrels
    over laden with billions yearly as if its just another great day in that region.
    Pointing out any manner of fault with the Israeli Government gets you tagged anti semite,
    this petrifies Washington sycophants.

Americans have a right to boycott Israel
    Now if Americans only had the right to boycott the U.S. ...

thanks for the edit jct, im so lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.

Seriously, what other senator would come out and say this?! Rand has balls. I admire him so much!

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    BOLD
    LEADERSHIP
    Except for the fact that Israel has been a pretty lousy ally. I've nothing againt them, mind you, but to say that a nation that was caught with its pants at its ankles spying on the people who made and continue to make their very existence possible a "good ally" doesn't even merit ridicule. It is a subridiculous assertion. Never mind them firing on American sea vessels.

I wish them all the best - theirs is a tough row to hoe. But never tell me the lie that they are good allies.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Hey, antifa...

Oh wait, you wrote "Americans". Never mind.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Lightbulb

The bus boycott lasted for 382 days in 1955 and 1956. The protest was set off by denying Rosa Parks a seat in the “white” section. Thousands of black men and women boycotted the Montgomery, Alabama, bus system in an attempt to end segregation.

https://www.theamericanconservative....hen-its-wrong/
    An apt analogy of apartheid Israel to segregation in the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

This is the correct course of action to take on this matter. I just hope it doesn't continue to elicit potential consequences like we saw with the baseball practice shooting and the crazy neighbor.

Stay strong Rand!

I am a real american . have a right to continue boycotting whoever I like , California , North Korea , Chicago , Israel etc
    Do something Danke