Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "I Never Said Mexico Would Pay for The Wall"

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Better than you, apparently.
    Saying Mexico will pay for the wall, and then saying Mexico won't pay for the wall are contradictory statements.

Saying Mexico will pay for the wall, then saying Mexico will pay for the wall some how are NOT contradictory statements.

Take a $#@!ing logic class or something.. You are just spewing nonsense and confusing stupid people.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump said hundreds of times on the campaign trail that Mexico was going to pay for the wall.

He said dozens of times on the campaign trail that Mexico would pay for the wall "some how", through trade deals or something.

Those are NOT ... contradictory statements. Every Trump supporter understands this..

Sorry Danno but he clearly backed off from where he was when you look at his campaign promise in the image above. Then to go as far as to shutdown the government since he does not have the funding makes him into a bit of hypocrite. (not that I care that it is shutdown). The man is all talk with no follow through.

Did you see the other thread about citizenship for H-1B's and bringing in more of them? Just more betrayal and cuckery from Trump.

He says it is an invasion, but only threatens to send troops to the border to secure it. We knew this 2 years ago and he still has not secured the border. Just more talk and threats while appeasing his far left enemies. I am getting sick and tired of every issue him saying one thing and then dialing it way back later so he can appease his enemies. He reaches across the aisle to betray his campaign promises and base to people that are figuratively spitting on him, his supporters and the values he promoted. The man wants to be liked by his opposition more so than appeasing his base. The tough talk and bluster is meaningless without a backbone to follow through.

It is not going to make me vote for the left or disagree with his campaign promises. But his continued failure to follow through while betraying his promises will have me looking at supporting a primary challenge or a third party for man that can follow through. Not some spineless wimp that is always cowering to his opposition and the news media.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I like how you left the quotation marks off that last part. Because as far as you actually know, Trump never did say, "through trade deals or something," did he?

And even if he did, we both know that he's not capable of showing in any real and specific way how the trade deal that he's now claiming does include Mexico paying for the wall actually does.

If he's going to say that this trade deal constitutes Mexico paying for the wall "somehow," he might as well pick any random unrelated thing he wants, like nominating Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, and say that that counts as Mexico paying for the wall somehow.

Obviously his supporters will accept that explanation.
    He said it all the way back in 2015.. Stop being dense. This is literally retard territory we are in right now.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

Sorry Danno but he clearly backed off from where he was when you look at his campaign promise in the image above. Then to go as far as to shutdown the government since he does not have the funding makes him into a bit of hypocrite. (not that I care that it is shutdown). The man is all talk with no follow through.

Did you see the other thread about citizenship for H-1B's and bringing in more of them? Just more betrayal and cuckery from Trump.

He says it is an invasion, but only threatens to send troops to the border to secure it. We knew this 2 years ago and he still has not secured the border. Just more talk and threats while appeasing his far left enemies. I am getting sick and tired of every issue him saying one thing and then dialing it way back later so he can appease his enemies. He reaches across the aisle to betray his campaign promises and base to people that are figuratively spitting on him, his supporters and the values he promoted. The man wants to be liked by his opposition more so than appeasing his base. The tough talk and bluster is meaningless without a backbone to follow through.

It is not going to make me vote for the left or disagree with his campaign promises. But his continued failure to follow through while betraying his promises will have me looking at supporting a primary challenge or a third party for man that can follow through. Not some spineless wimp that is always cowering to his opposition and the news media.
    Sorry, you are wrong.. if we have been giving Mexico $24 billion every year for however long, and they are taking a $5-$10 billion hit off that payment, that is $5-$10 billion toward the wall. Trump never promised that he would stop paying Mexico $24 billion per year and also get them to pay for the wall. He only promised they would pay for the wall.

Also, I don't know how your opinion of Trump gets shaped, do you watch a bunch of CNN or something? Or do you not understand the influence of the deep state in the media and in politics? Because Trump can't just do whatever the $#@! he wants, but he is making big moves and pushing us in the right direction.

If he pulls us out of Syria and Afghanistan, are you going to be looking for another option? Like who? $#@!ing Romney? Get the $#@! outta here..

A lot of people on this site have changed their opinion of Trump more favorably since he has been in office, and for good reason.

I like how you left the quotation marks off that last part. Because as far as you actually know, Trump never did say, "through trade deals or something," did he?

And even if he did, we both know that he's not capable of showing in any real and specific way how the trade deal that he's now claiming does include Mexico paying for the wall actually does.

If he's going to say that this trade deal constitutes Mexico paying for the wall "somehow," he might as well pick any random unrelated thing he wants, like nominating Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, and say that that counts as Mexico paying for the wall somehow.

Obviously his supporters will accept that explanation.

Dannno is noe mere supporter. He's the most fanatical of pro-Trump zealots. His lips seem permanently affixed to Trump's ass.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Sorry, you are wrong.. if we have been giving Mexico $24 billion every year for however long, and they are taking a $5-$10 billion hit off that payment, that is $5-$10 billion toward the wall. Trump never promised that he would stop paying Mexico $24 billion per year and also get them to pay for the wall. He only promised they would pay for the wall.
    That graphic is from his campaign website calling for a one time payment from Mexico.

Also, I don't know how your opinion of Trump gets shaped, do you watch a bunch of CNN or something? Or do you not understand the influence of the deep state in the media and in politics? Because Trump can't just do whatever the $#@! he wants, but he is making big moves and pushing us in the right direction.
    Even if it means betraying the very policies he ran on that get him elected in the first place? One does not need CNN or any news outlet to come to that conclusion. Just follow his own twitter feed, legislation being passed and legislation not being passed.

If he pulls us out of Syria and Afghanistan, are you going to be looking for another option? Like who? $#@!ing Romney? Get the $#@! outta here..
    I said back in December that this might just be talk to appease his base and give it time or whoever gets in his ear then we will end up staying. So it is another big if and were more than two years in.

A lot of people on this site have changed their opinion of Trump more favorably since he has been in office, and for good reason.
    The statements at his campaign rallies, crushing the far left and his campaign promises are all great things. But if it amounts to nothing being changed other than for the worse then what is the point.
    Last edited by kahless; 01-11-2019 at 05:25 PM.

160+ Countries have 'border adjusted vat taxes'.
    -
    Our Trade deficit with Mexico in 2015 was $60 Billion,
    we can make up 5 billion very quickly , Mexico Will pay.
    -
    Trump is right.
    Last edited by Stratovarious; 01-11-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    160+ Countries have 'border adjusted vat taxes'.Exempt export tax , green light import tax.-Our Trade deficit with Mexio in 2015 was $60 Billion, we can make up 5 billion very quickly , Mexico Will pay.-Trump is right.
    Yes, it is good when countries tax other countries to pay for their own programs. Perhaps the EU and China should be taxing US citizens more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Yes, it is good when countries tax other countries to pay for their own programs. Perhaps the EU and China should be taxing US citizens more.

Maybe you should be taxed on RPF! Share some of your loot you make off us! LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Dannno is noe mere supporter. He's the most fanatical of pro-Trump zealots. His lips seem permanently affixed to Trump's ass.
    Who did you vote for , based on what policies?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dannno probably gets the best weed. Dannno for president.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Gotta love these Deranged Hillary sycophants, 'deranged syndrome' , inverted reality trolls.Obama spent 25 billion at the border, and you'd think by listening to all this Trump Hate rhetoric that 5 billion was just a ton of cash, end of world , reckless spending, Trump said this , and said something else, well folks , your last president lied to you about 'important' issues and whittled away at your God Given rights, oh but mommy mommy, looky' what dat bad Trump said..........jfc, get a life people.

Who did you vote for , based on what policies?
    Pretty sure they voted for the same person I did.. Gary Johnson..

Gotta love these Deranged Hillary sycophants, 'deranged syndrome' , inverted reality trolls.Obama spent 25 billion at the border, and you'd think by listening to all this Trump Hate rhetoric that 5 billion was just a ton of cash, end of world , reckless spending, Trump said this , and said something else, well folks , your last president lied to you about 'important' issues and whittled away at your God Given rights, oh but mommy mommy, looky' what dat bad Trump said..........jfc, get a life people.
    Link?

Link?

I dunno, but in 2012 the Obama admin spent $18 billion on immigration enforcement - if you average the amount spent on immigration enforcement since 1986 until 2012, you get $7.5 billion. So that is over $10 billion extra in one year over the average that Obama spent on immigration enforcement.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ement/1815667/

Sarcasm?

Obviously, that's not at all what he promised on the campaign trail.

His whole position in this government shutdown is that he refuses to sign a budget unless it makes American taxpayers, not Mexico, pay for the wall. This is the very thing he promised on the campaign trail, over and over again, that he would not do.
    Mommy :tugsonskirt: make them stop, Trumpty promised blah blah blah, well he
    also promised (de facto) that Hillary was going jail, some things just don't
    work out, where were you when Obama fkd up Health Care and your rights
    those things matter, really , but now, where the money comes from
    is your obsession? Is this going to come right out of your pocket, are
    going to see this in your tax bill ever, probably not, there's a lot of budget
    items that will never come out of your pocket, MEXICO will pay,not with a check,
    so what , he never even said they would pay with a cash deal of any kind.
    ,,,,,,,,,but
    mommy Trumps a bad boy , he said........whiner ..........

Despite the available goldmine of available quotes from Trump on the campaign trail that promise both one thing and its exact opposite, I don't believe I ever saw any from either him or his supporters that resorted to explaining how Mexico would pay for the wall in a way that could include this current iteration.

I do remember a lot of suggestions they offered about how it would happen. But this wouldn't fit into any of them.

To try to stretch enough wiggle room for this out of the word "somehow" is effectively admitting it was a lie all along.
    So it would be safe to say that at the moment, congress is unknowingly doing the right thing for the wrong reasons. These debates bring focus to a chronic immigration issue can that has been kicked down the road for a very long time.

I dunno, but in 2012 the Obama admin spent $18 billion on immigration enforcement - if you average the amount spent on immigration enforcement since 1986 until 2012, you get $7.5 billion. So that is over $10 billion extra in one year over the average that Obama spent on immigration enforcement.

Obama money is magical and does not apply.
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In other news:

Ocasio-Cortez told us she's determined to keep fighting for what's being called a "Green New Deal" — a highly ambitious, some would say "unrealistic," proposal that would convert the entire U.S. Economy to renewable sources of energy in just 12 years, while guaranteeing every American a job at a fair wage.

Anderson Cooper: You're talking about zero carbon emissions— no use of fossil fuels within 12 years.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: That is the goal. It's ambitious. And...

Anderson Cooper: How is that possible? Are you talking about everybody having to drive an electric car?

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: It's going to require a lot of rapid change that we don't even conceive as possible right now. What is the problem with trying to push our technological capacities to the furthest extent possible?

Anderson Cooper: This would require, though, raising taxes.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: There's an element where— yeah. There— people are going to have to start paying their fair share in taxes.

Pretty sure they voted for the same person I did.. Gary Johnson..
    I thought Gary was a fraud, an imposter, seriously, I don't remember what
    the issues were but at the time they were glaring so I xd' him way off my list.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Obama money is magical and does not apply.
    I'm still checking the mail for my free phone an' stuff...
    We need another cash for clunkers program, that was big.....

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    In other news:

Ocasio-Cortez told us she's determined to keep fighting for what's being called a "Green New Deal" — a highly ambitious, some would say "unrealistic," proposal that would convert the entire U.S. Economy to renewable sources of energy in just 12 years, while guaranteeing every American a job at a fair wage.

Anderson Cooper: You're talking about zero carbon emissions— no use of fossil fuels within 12 years.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: That is the goal. It's ambitious. And...

Anderson Cooper: How is that possible? Are you talking about everybody having to drive an electric car?

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: It's going to require a lot of rapid change that we don't even conceive as possible right now. What is the problem with trying to push our technological capacities to the furthest extent possible?

Anderson Cooper: This would require, though, raising taxes.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: There's an element where— yeah. There— people are going to have to start paying their fair share in taxes.
    Amazing how her views go unchallenged by her young supporters on the left simply because she is a young Hispanic female. As if she is going to help them when in reality all she is, is a whore for corporate welfare.

Money authorized by the Republican Congress.

I thought Gary was a fraud, an imposter, seriously, I don't remember what
    the issues were but at the time they were glaring so I xd' him way off my list.
    Gary Johnson isn't the best choice for President.. he did campaign on ending the wars, though, and Trump campaigned on defeating ISIS and maybe ending the wars. I didn't know whether to trust Trump or not at that point.

I think GJ made a pretty good Governor and would make a great Senator.. but the worst thing about his campaign, by far, was his VP Bill Weld.. holy $#@!, he ended up endorsing Clinton.. Obviously he was a deep state plant.

I was totally ok with Gary Johnson not knowing what Aleppo is, but he seemed to be sabotaging himself almost constantly throughout the campaign. If I could pick him as President, I would, I just don't see him ever winning.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-11-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Money authorized by the Republican Congress.
    Does that mean Obama didn't sign it. uh no,
    and he spent 18 billion on immigration enforcement in 2012 alone, who do you know
    that has spent anything like that combating illegals, and you and your pals think 5 billion is crazy , well
    even if us tax payers do wind up paying for it , its not crazy.

Does that mean Obama didn't sign it. uh no,
    and he spent 18 billion on immigration enforcement in 2012 alone, who do you know
    that has spent anything like that combating illegals, and you and your pals think 5 billion is crazy , well
    even if us tax payers do wind up paying for it , its not crazy.

https://www.cato.org/blog/gop-bill-s...pent-5-decades

GOP Bill Spends More on Border Patrol in 5 Years Than It Has Spent in 5 Decades

A large group of House Republicans with support from President Trump has united behind comprehensive immigration reform legislation that would be their answer to the DACA impasse. Among other provisions, it would gut legal immigration, criminalize all unauthorized immigrants, and legalize a small percentage of the DACA population. But most pressing for Congress as it debates a long-term spending deal is its authorization of $130 billion in new spending over 5 years, tripling the current Customs and Border Protection budget and executing a six-fold increase in Border Patrol spending.

The Securing America’s Future Act (H.R. 4760) has 77 Republican cosponsors. It would authorize the construction of President Trump’s border wall (p. 254), 10,000 new Customs and Border Protection Officers and Border Patrol agents (p. 319), a biometric surveillance system at airports, seaports, and land ports of entry (p. 357), mandatory E-Verify employment verification program for all workers (p. 87), border drones and other border surveillance (p. 261), and much else. It would require spending more than $40 billion annually and more than $200 billion over five years.
    More at link.

That is in addition to the $25 billion Trump wanted for his wall. (yes, he has cut that request to $5.7 billion). He said the wall would cover the entire 2000 mile border. Lately he says he wants 500 miles of fence/ wall but even that figure includes hundreds of miles of current wall getting updated. We already have 650 miles of wall/ barriers.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-11-2019 at 06:19 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gary Johnson isn't the best choice for President.. he did campaign on ending the wars, though, and Trump campaigned on defeating ISIS and maybe ending the wars. I didn't know whether to trust Trump or not at that point.

I think GJ made a pretty good Governor and would make a great Senator.. but the worst thing about his campaign, by far, was his VP Bill Weld.. holy $#@!, he ended up endorsing Clinton.. Obviously he was a deep state plant.

I was totally ok with Gary Johnson not knowing what Aleppo is, but he seemed to be sabotaging himself almost constantly throughout the campaign. If I could pick him as President, I would, I just don't see him ever winning.
    ok , thanks, and I didn't mean to diss your pick, its just those glaring issues at the time.
    Trump is still a bull loose in a China store, for sure, I laughed at him like everyone else based on
    some ridiculous statements pre dating this last election cycle, what a clown, but when he started
    stating his stance on issues, that all changed, he has disappointed me in many ways , but done
    more good for us (Merca) than any other president has since Jack Kennedy imo.

https://www.cato.org/blog/gop-bill-s...pent-5-decades

More at link.

That is in addition to the $25 billion Trump wanted for his wall.
    Serenzipity, do you actually ever say anything more than 3 word sentences, you know an opinion,
    and explanation, background , you don't even say what that budget graph applies to, and then
    you say Republican Congress, how does that change Obama's actions , huh ?

Serenzipity, do you actually ever say anything more than 3 word sentences, you know an opinion,
    and explanation, background , you don't even say what that budget graph applies to, and then
    you say Republican Congress, how does that change Obama's actions , huh ?
    More info was added.

He never said they were gonna pre-pay for the wall.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast