Thread: 'Freedom!' in New Orleans: How one man's manifesto is landing on more than 200,000 doorsteps

'Freedom!' in New Orleans: How one man's manifesto is landing on more than 200,000 doorsteps

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...bd2bd1371.html

Adam Kokesh Activism!

When Janine Hayes looked through the flyers and other mailings sent to her Gentilly home last week, she found a typical scattering of credit card offers, sale brochures and other random advertisements.

But included among the deliveries was a small black paperback book, just under 100 pages, with “Freedom!” stenciled in white capital letters across the top. That made Hayes one of the first city residents to receive the manifesto of Adam Kokesh, an anti-government activist based in Arizona who is sending his self-published tract to every home in New Orleans.

The distribution of 204,453 free copies — which cost around $131,000 and was raised mostly from cryptocurrency companies — began Jan. 4. Residents in many neighborhoods have already received the book, which aims to open New Orleanians’ eyes to what Kokesh sees as the oppression of "statism," unwarranted state-sponsored violence and government control through the distribution of propaganda.

The books are being sent via the U.S. Postal Service.

“This is the catalyst for fundamental change in this city,” Kokesh, 36, said of his book in a recent video post. “There’s a lot of beautiful expression and celebration in the city of New Orleans, and yet you seem to have the greatest contrast between that and the political reality.”
    More at the link!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    anti-government activist
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Postal service isn't subsidized, and they're by far the least expensive way to send books

Currently, 26 percent of adults in greater New Orleans are functionally illiterate, lacking the reading, math and computer skills to read medical instructions, complete school registration forms and online job applications.
    https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...63aede196.html

LOL. Good job, Adam!
    "Only after disaster can we be resurrected."

Heil Honkler!

Hartman agreed that a mass-mailed book and a stencil campaign are probably not going to sway many voters.

“He’d probably get more votes if he sent a king cake to everyone,” Hartman said.
    No argument there.

That said, this is exactly what is so sadly missing from RPF today.

Why did not a single person here, and I am just as guilty, not know about or promote his "Book Bomb"?

I'm sure we'd all have our pet peeves to pick at Adam or the book, but I would have been happy to chip into something like this.

anti-government activist

I appreciate the irony. But at least the USPS is constitutional.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Why did not a single person here, and I am just as guilty, not know about or promote his "Book Bomb"?

I'm sure we'd all have our pet peeves to pick at Adam or the book, but I would have been happy to chip into something like this.
    Despite what the article says, this was not funded by the campaign at all. He has been working on this for two solid years, and it was funded by bigger pockets than most of us have. A lot of crypto sponsorships.

As for why I didn't mention it earlier? Because I didn't want to spend 6 months having my buzz killed by naysayers.

But if it goes well, there may be a round 2. I'll let you know if that looks like it's going to happen.
    Last edited by angelatc; 01-10-2019 at 10:34 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Yeah, I'm not a particularly huge fan of Adam Kokesh, and New Orleans is a hilariously terrible target for something like this, but I do like this idea. We need more activism like this.

Heil Honkler!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
    Yeah, I'm not a particularly huge fan of Adam Kokesh, and New Orleans is a hilariously terrible target for something like this, but I do like this idea. We need more activism like this.
    What city do you think would be a good choice?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I was assuming he picked New Orleans because its a state where he doesn't have any outstanding warrants
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

I was assuming he picked New Orleans because its a state where he doesn't have any outstanding warrants
    LOL - he got arrested while he was there. Instead of using paint or chalk, they have stencils and are powerwashing FREEDOM! in various places around the city. They were parked, and some cops pulled up. They started off handcuffing Elijah, but Adam went by the end

I know this will upset you, but all charges were dropped

Reason covered it here: https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/04/l...tial-hopeful-a

LOL - he got arrested while he was there. Instead of using paint or chalk, they have stencils and are powerwashing FREEDOM! in various places around the city. They were parked, and some cops pulled up. They started off handcuffing Elijah, but Adam went by the end

I know this will upset you, but all charges were dropped

Reason covered it here: https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/04/l...tial-hopeful-a

Only an anarchist could find a way to vandalize our roads by making them cleaner. This upsets me greatly that it's not illegal yet.
    - Kim Kardashian

Despite what the article says, this was not funded by the campaign at all. He has been working on this for two solid years, and it was funded by bigger pockets than most of us have. A lot of crypto sponsorships.

As for why I didn't mention it earlier? Because I didn't want to spend 6 months having my buzz killed by naysayers.

But if it goes well, there may be a round 2. I'll let you know if that looks like it's going to happen.
    Please do.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
    Ron did well in Louisiana so it might not be that bad of a choice.

I've been working out of there for over twenty years now and recall seeing a lot pro RP signs and stuff.

LOL! I like Adam but that was funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As much as I like and understand the principle I think his actions are misdirected. Was he identified in jail? There is no doubt it is dangerous for him and others to be on the side of a busy bridge during rush hour traffic. He is intoxicated which is okay but diminishes his character and message. It would have been more effective to do this sober on a dead end street in front of the police captains home while not blocking traffic or his driveway. Let me make my point clear. Too many people will say he was in the wrong for doing this on a busy highway. A well thought out plan would have eliminated those "dangerous variables" so an arrest or complaint would have been totally frivolous.

In regards to money bombs, this site has little ability to raise money. There are only 100 or so members that visit the site daily. When Brett or Gunny were running for office, they only received a few donations.

Adam had a lot of potential but it would be wise to be totally in the right when being accused or arrested for doing something wrong.

Now had Thomas Massie orchestrated that great idea of stencil cleaning "FREEDOM" the message might resonate better. Kokesh is a fringe individual. No reputable activist trying to resonate a message would want to be affiliated with his intoxicated antics.

I would think you would find a much more receptive audience in a largely white, conservative-leaning city. Places like Springfield Missouri or Sterling Heights, Michigan, perhaps.

The free state project had the right idea - you're more likely to make progress with people you share some common ground with.
    Last edited by AdamL; 01-11-2019 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Unnecessary negativity

Heil Honkler!

If you are walking down the street and pick up a piece of trash, look at it, examine it, and throw it on the ground, are you littering?