Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 290

Thread: Texan landowners don't want their land stolen for Trump's wall

  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    When you are losing the argument you resort to insults and partial quotes.

    You leftists are all the same.

    I support the preservation of liberty, you support the invaders who want to take away my liberty.
    I support my own liberty, which also preserves other individuals liberty. This you do not get, nor ever will.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I support my own liberty, which also preserves other individuals liberty. This you do not get, nor ever will.
    No, you support the invaders and their intent to interfere with my liberty, I support my own liberty and the liberty of my fellow Americans, I also support not interfering in the liberty of others.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  4. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Remove the incentive and we dont need a wall, much less the need to exercise eminent domain. Taking away incentives also addresses other issues, beyond illegal immigration.
    I've been saying that for years, however its flawed I realize this year;
    Gang bangers like ms13 thrive off of criminal enterprise, you can't remove that incentive,
    felons coming here to avoid Mexican Jails, can't remove that incentive, terrorists wanting
    to infiltrate , disease ridden that already have a connection here, you just can't keep these
    and many other undesirables and plain dangerous people out, we do need to kill All Incentives
    for sure, the wall is not enough but it is definitely part of a comprehensive pkg , INV.

  5. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    As Trump visits border, Texas landowners prepare wall fight

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-fight-n957191

    Texas Landowners Prepare Wall Fight Texan landowners don't want their land stolen for Trump's wall

    https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...ps-border-wall
    ''well now Andy'' wus' you this vocal about Obama's land Grabs, millions of acres ?

  6. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I just figured it out. Treat the border wall like a sidewalk. The property owner has to pay to put in a sidewalk and has to keep it clean and unobstructed. If the property owner fails to shovel snow off of said sidewalk the property owner gets fined. Very simple solution. Legislate that all property on southern border must have approved fencing. Property owners must put in the fence or have lien for cost of fence put on the property. Put all illegal immigration entry issues on the property owner. If someone crosses into USA on your property, property owner gets fined. Government could offer a one time deal to have fence erected with tax subsidy. If Property owner refuses, slap them with fines, penalties, and build the fence anyway for them and charge them for it.
    As the creative juices of legislation flow from my brain to my keyboard it even gets simpler. It is even easier than that for the federal government. Legislate that states are required to make sure that the border has fencing and is maintained. Fine the states if they don't maintain the fencing. Have the states deal with the property owners. Don't worry about the wall. Monitor and document illegal crossings via satellite or drones. Fine the state for every illegal they allow to cross said line in the sand. States can then legislate that individual property owners need to do....... and fine individual property owners. Levy fines and take over properties when tax liens are not paid.
    Could legislate a new alphabet organization. The BMA. Border Management Authority.

    The key to border security is more legislation! Taxes! Fines! Even Imprisonment!

    Why should someone in Kansas have to pay for a wall or fence in Texas or California. Those people own their property! Have them care for it and secure it!
    To the best of my recollection Border issues are one of few areas where the Fed actually has responsibility
    accordin' to our Constitution. I think states also have the right, but the Fed is responsible.

  7. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I've been saying that for years, however its flawed I realize this year;
    Gang bangers like ms13 thrive off of criminal enterprise, you can't remove that incentive,
    felons coming here to avoid Mexican Jails, can't remove that incentive, terrorists wanting
    to infiltrate , disease ridden that already have a connection here, you just can't keep these
    and many other undesirables and plain dangerous people out, we do need to kill All Incentives
    for sure, the wall is not enough but it is definitely part of a comprehensive pkg , INV.
    End the war on drugs and quit bombing other countries that aren't attacking us, that would solve much of your worries.
    "The Patriarch"

    willie with tan lines: enjoy the shots and the woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.



  8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  9. #97
    I don't think anyone here is wildly ecstatic about eminent domain , however as I've seen mentioned
    here recently, how would we ever be able to build transportation infrastructure, a seawall, certainly
    protecting our border must weigh in there somewhere, Obama stole land from the people
    for ridiculous reasons, millions of acres, in fact he used eminent domain for border fencing and security,
    you don't hear about that on CNN et al. But now the GINORMOUS WHINE , thems' poor beat down
    border families has' to sell off some acreage to the fed , I'll bet some of the, beaten , murdered, and
    raped, border residents would have been ok with the implementation of eminent domain for a wall.

  10. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I don't think anyone here is wildly ecstatic about eminent domain , however as I've seen mentioned
    here recently, how would we ever be able to build transportation infrastructure, a seawall, certainly
    protecting our border must weigh in there somewhere, Obama stole land from the people
    for ridiculous reasons, millions of acres, in fact he used eminent domain for border fencing and security,
    you don't hear about that on CNN et al. But now the GINORMOUS WHINE , thems' poor beat down
    border families has' to sell off some acreage to the fed , I'll bet some of the, beaten , murdered, and
    raped, border residents would have been ok with the implementation of eminent domain for a wall.
    End the war on drugs and quit bombing other countries that aren't attacking us, that would solve much of your worries.
    "The Patriarch"

    willie with tan lines: enjoy the shots and the woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.

  11. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    End the war on drugs and quit bombing other countries that aren't attacking us, that would solve much of your worries.
    We would be much richer and they would still come and they would still vote communist.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  12. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    End the war on drugs and quit bombing other countries that aren't attacking us, that would solve much of your worries.
    It ain't da' drugs that troubles me, but yea, I've written this at least a thousand times
    on the interweb;
    Become self sufficient in all sectors from agriculture to energy , let the middle east piss on each other
    till they turn blue. We are not constitutionally authorized to take on the roll as world police.
    We facilitated the deaths of a million Iraqi citizens, people are gonna hate us for that sort
    of thing, we need to oust the war hawks.
    Drug laws are unconstitutional and not needed, they need to be repealed, but that is not
    the only criminal enterprise incentive that can never be solved by removing 'incentives' .

    We do need to kill all sanctuary cities, all freebies, but that alone is not enough to keep
    out Ebola, tuberculosis, hepatitis, murderers , rapists, terrorists.

  13. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We would be much richer and they would still come and they would still vote communist.
    "The Patriarch"

    willie with tan lines: enjoy the shots and the woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.

  14. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    We wouldn't be much richer if we didn't waste money on the WoD and the other wars?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  15. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    It ain't da' drugs that troubles me, but yea, I've written this at least a thousand times
    on the interweb;
    Become self sufficient in all sectors from agriculture to energy , let the middle east piss on each other
    till they turn blue. We are not constitutionally authorized to take on the roll as world police.
    We facilitated the deaths of a million Iraqi citizens, people are gonna hate us for that sort
    of thing, we need to oust the war hawks.
    Drug laws are unconstitutional and not needed, they need to be repealed, but that is not
    the only criminal enterprise incentive that can never be solved by removing 'incentives' .

    We do need to kill all sanctuary cities, all freebies, but that alone is not enough to keep
    out Ebola, tuberculosis, hepatitis, murderers , rapists, terrorists.
    I have no problem with screening for diseases, or coordinating with Mexico to keep out "murderers , rapists, terrorists"

    What I am saying is, again, end the war on drugs and quit bombing other countries that aren't attacking us, that would solve much of your worries.

    We do NOT need the middle easts oil, and they would sell it to us quite freely regardless. I don't think we have to drop bombs there to purchase oil. Take away the drugs and you take most of the power away from the gangs you're worried about. Everybody knows this whether they will admit it or not. You don't see gang wars over alcohol anymore for that simple reason.
    "The Patriarch"

    willie with tan lines: enjoy the shots and the woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.

  16. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    End the war on drugs and quit bombing other countries that aren't attacking us, that would solve much of your worries.
    The prison reform bill that Trump signed and supported goes a long way toward doing that.

    The Syrian pullout goes a long way toward doing that.

    Pointing that out to people and supporting these actions does not make one a "Trump Humper".



  17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  18. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We wouldn't be much richer if we didn't waste money on the WoD and the other wars?
    I don't know that we would be that much richer, somewhat, yes. Social services take up a huge amount of money, that and the huge bloated bureaucracies.
    "The Patriarch"

    willie with tan lines: enjoy the shots and the woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.

  19. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It’s all about agendas and priorities. And most people just inherit and preach the current dogma of their group. Democrats have done a 180 on the issue in recent decades, so you know there is no principle involved there. It actually contradicts and makes worse many of their other issues, like wages, jobs, housing and carbon footprint (climate change).
    Their primary issue is the gaining of power.

    From that standpoint, migrant invasion makes perfect sense.

  20. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I don't know that we would be that much richer, somewhat, yes. Social services take up a huge amount of money, that and the huge bloated bureaucracies.


    We would be much richer, the DoD budget and the WoD budget are HUGE.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  21. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I have no problem with screening for diseases, or coordinating with Mexico to keep out "murderers , rapists, terrorists"

    What I am saying is, again, end the war on drugs and quit bombing other countries that aren't attacking us, that would solve much of your worries.

    We do NOT need the middle easts oil, and they would sell it to us quite freely regardless. I don't think we have to drop bombs there to purchase oil. Take away the drugs and you take most of the power away from the gangs you're worried about. Everybody knows this whether they will admit it or not. You don't see gang wars over alcohol anymore for that simple reason.
    I agree with all you said there , but we still need something magical to happen at the border, status quo will
    never work there, and look to the mob to understand how criminal enterprise expands into other
    markets as one dries, up; extortion, murder, numbers (well they may not be that smart) , but they are not
    going to suddenly go away because pot is legal, plus we know very well that we are talking about
    a pipe dream when we talk about repealing drug laws , that's not going to happen within the next
    five or ten years , we know that, so we need to deal with what we have on the table.
    I would say that with Trump, especially with the latest Syria announcement we may have solved,
    one piece of the puzzle, well it's a start.

  22. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The prison reform bill that Trump signed and supported goes a long way toward doing that.

    The Syrian pullout goes a long way toward doing that.

    Pointing that out to people and supporting these actions does not make one a "Trump Humper".
    No, I'm on board with both. I may be more impatient than I should be with all the cross talk and confusion surrounding the Syria issue but I'm on record here saying I'll support him in 2020 if he pulls us out of there and Afghanistan. That's way beyond what my expectations were.
    "The Patriarch"

    willie with tan lines: enjoy the shots and the woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.

  23. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We would be much richer, the DoD budget and the WoD budget are HUGE.
    And don't forget , we can lose 1.2 trillion under the carpets of the Pentagon, with barely a raised brow, there is money available to be sure, it may not ease inflation lol, but its there.
    Last edited by Stratovarious; 01-10-2019 at 04:27 PM.

  24. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I agree with all you said there , but we still need something magical to happen at the border, status quo will
    never work there, and look to the mob to understand how criminal enterprise expands into other
    markets as one dries, up; extortion, murder, numbers (well they may not be that smart) , but they are not
    going to suddenly go away because pot is legal, plus we know very well that we are talking about
    a pipe dream when we talk about repealing drug laws , that's not going to happen within the next
    five or ten years , we know that, so we need to deal with what we have on the table.
    I would say that with Trump, especially with the latest Syria announcement we may have solved,
    one piece of the puzzle, well it's a start.
    Well, thinking the gangs will go away or even greatly diminish because of a wall is also a pipe dream. The only thing that's effective is to take away their income.
    "The Patriarch"

    willie with tan lines: enjoy the shots and the woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.

  25. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    "Clear a path you mother $#@!er, I'm going home!!!"

    D-Fense has become my spirit guide.



  26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  27. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    No, I'm on board with both. I may be more impatient than I should be with all the cross talk and confusion surrounding the Syria issue but I'm on record here saying I'll support him in 2020 if he pulls us out of there and Afghanistan. That's way beyond what my expectations were.
    I know you are, I'm just using the chance to point it out.

    I will as well.

  28. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Well, thinking the gangs will go away or even greatly diminish because of a wall is also a pipe dream. The only thing that's effective is to take away their income.
    Of course, there is no argument there, we are looking at a border that is pretty wide open,
    leaving it that way is not going to work out well for us.
    -
    I yield my remaining minutes back to Origanalist.

  29. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    The (generally hyped up, and not so bad in reality) "problems" you refer to are the result of government action, generally government actions that have come about fairly recently in history. They didn't exist or need to be addressed until the government created them. The solution is to undo those actions, not to create more big-government bandaids to supposedly fix them only to create more government-created problems that will become your excuse for another big-government solution the year after that, and so on in an endless cycle.
    You would think folks around here could spot it easily - PROBLEM, REACTION, SOLUTION. I can guarantee that any “solution” involving more of Uncle is not going to end up a win for liberty.

  30. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    You would think folks around here could spot it easily - PROBLEM, REACTION, SOLUTION. I can guarantee that any “solution” involving more of Uncle is not going to end up a win for liberty.
    I guarantee that the problem if left unchecked will be much worse, I have a different solution that I prefer but I'm not going to try and preserve the problem until it kills me.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  31. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Exactly.

    I'm against eminent domain gun control laws, but you can't expect to have land a gun on the border of your country in a highly populated area and never have an eminent domain gun control issue. That's just ridiculous.
    Hmmph. Look at that, would ya... Isn't that something?

  32. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Hmmph. Look at that, would ya... Isn't that something?
    Apples to billiard balls.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  33. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Apples to billiard balls.
    Says you.

  34. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    OK, so let's use private funds (I think that "Build The Wall go fund me is up to 30 or 40 million so far) to buy the deeded rights of way along which to build said wall.

    Problem solved, right?
    This.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge



  35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-22-2018, 04:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-15-2017, 03:02 PM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-21-2017, 09:29 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 02:36 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 05:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •